Royal Rumble 2016 General Discussion & Aftermath Reviews

Who's winning the 2016 Royal Rumble Match?

• Roman Reigns

• Brock Lesnar

• John Cena

• The Undertaker

• Triple H

• Dean Ambrose

• Seth Rollins (Miracle Return)

• The Rock

• Kevin Owens

• Triple H

• Ryback

• Bray Wyatt

• Cesaro (Miracle Return)

• Current NXT Star/Or a Returning Legend

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think there is only 2 possibilities going into the rumble this year, Brock Lesnar or HHH. I think Reigns wins at TLC or Royal Rumble and Hunter adds himself to the Royal Rumble. Setting up a Reigns/HHH main event at WM32 with Stone Cold the special guest ref.

As for the rumble tho, ill give my opinion on how i hope it ends up being or the final 7 competitiors.

7. Brock Lesnar - Has stand offs with Wyatt and Owens but is eliminated by Bryan.
6. Daniel Bryan - Lesnar re-enters and takes out Bryan setting up a david vs goliath match at WM32.
5. Dean Ambrose - Eliminated by Owens.
4. Kevin Owens - Eliminated by Cena.
3. John Cena - Eliminated by Barrett.
2. King Barrett - Turns face by avoiding HHH's handshake but is than elimated by the game.
1. HHH - Setting up a HHH/Reigns feud for Wrestlemania's main event.

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns was one of the worst matches in wrestling history. If a rematch winds up taking place at WrestleMania 32, I will definitely not be watching the show. That's a deal-breaker for me. Brock winning the Royal Rumble would mean I'd be tuning out until after WrestleMania.

Brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

No way! Reigns vs Lesnar was a fucking amazing match. Badass, smashmouth, absolutely love that match to bits. The build however was shit, and they will make it shit again if there is a return match.

If they turn Reigns heel, I might be intrigued. MIGHT be.

With the recent rating dropping and real lack of star power its scary to think for a start who the hell in the rumble has star power and then of course who can win it? The rumble has lacked star power in the last few years and with sheamus and reigns im guessing fighting for he title thats the top two in wwe at the moment outta the match even though there not stars as you can tell by the terrible ratings and fan reaction.In my opinion i think wwe need to have Taker, lesnar and cena all in it as lets be honest there the only 3 stars wwe have who the hell wants to see ziggler ambrose owens etc. I think this is a perfect match for taker as he doesnt have to take many bumps as he can just sit in the corner and this is the perfect match for lesnar as they can have situations were there's so many people to beat him down to neutralize him or they could just have cena and taker been the only ones to be able to handle him. In my opinion Lesnar should win the rumble hes the only one who is hot right now and has had a good year and also is the biggest star
The two questions i have is:
Do you think wwe need them 3 in the match?
Who do you think will win the royal rumble?

WWE always picks the worst wrestler with no mic skills to win the Rumble. I still stand by my prediction from earlier this year. Erick Rowan will win the 2016 Royal Rumble. I am not even joking. I promise you Vince will push him to the moon.

Vince uses the Rumble now to push people who aren't ready. Roman and ADR being the prime examples.

Given the injuries, lack of star power, etc. that WWE is currently dealing with, I wouldn't be surprised if somehow HHH ends up winning the Royal Rumble, and goes on to face Roman Reigns at WrestleMania.

I want the Authority to have a fight with the fans over "control" - given they're always saying they listen to the fans. I want The Authority to openly go against the fans and have Daniel Bryan enter the RR last and be eliminated by a returning Lesnar. Have Reigns win and everything the people have openly been against happen up until Mania.

Honestly at this point they might aswell go with Brock Lesnar or Triple H, wouldn't mind seeing HHH win it and then challenge Roman Reigns himself for the title. If not, I'd say Brock Lesnar wins and challenges Sheamus or Reigns neither of which particularly interest me.

I hope it's someone like Ambrose or (omfg Im gonna actually say this) Cena, that wins, because all the entitled youngins who havent payed crap for Dues that keep getting pushed are killing the show.

I've been saying for a while that I hope Dean Ambrose wins the Royal Rumble. Ambrose and Sheamus would be a great match and the fans are totally behind the Ambrose Asylum. Vince just needs to get behind it.

I think it ends up being John Cena or Brock Lesnar. I only give Cena about a 25% chance. If he wins, he uses his Rumble win to challenge Undertaker for his career. Lesnar should win the Rumble the same night Reigns wins the title, and we automatically have an awesome Wrestlemania rematch. Their first match was really fun, and with a better build (which shouldn't be hard considering how awful the build was last year) fans can really become invested.

2rnhb1d.jpg

Returning WWE Superstar John Cena is featured on the poster for Royal Rumble 2016 which could be a huge indicator of him entering the Rumble or facing Sheamus for the belt at the event. I could see one of 3 scenarios happening.

#1: John Cena defeats Sheamus for the WWE WHC at RR. Either The Undertaker or Roman Reigns wins the RR Match.

#2:John Cena wins his third Royal Rumble Match

#3: The Undertaker returns and cost Cena his match, whether it be the RR Match or the WWE WHC match.

His new t-shirt is an indicator he is still after the WWE WHC and going for #16
07488.jpg

My Card Predictions is as follows

Triple H vs. Roman Reigns- If Roman wins he get's inserted in the RR Match. Reigns wins but has to enter at #1.

(WWE IC Title) Dean Ambrose(c) vs. Kevin Owens-- Ambrose wins by DQ as Owens continues his assault on him and Powerbombs him through the announce table.

(WWE Tag Team Championships) The New Day vs. Two members of The Wyatt Family- I could see this happeing in a Heel vs. Heel match but it's just part of The Wyatt's slow babyface turn.

(WWE Diva's Championship) Charlotte (c) /w/ Ric Flair,Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks /w/ Team B.A.D.- Charlotte cheats to win again and Becky confronts her after leading to Charlotte simply pushing her down and walking away.

(WWE WHC) John Cena vs. Sheamus(c)- Sheamus comes out talking about how he beat Reigns and how nobody will take the title from him and boom Cena's music hits and he's back. Cena wins his 16th World Title here.

WWE 30 Man Royal Rumble Match- Reigns would break his RR elimination record here and dominate the Rumble match destroying everyone in his path in a rage. The Undertaker is a surprise entrant and him and Reigns are the final two in the match. You should have either

A.)
Reigns last eliminates Taker to go on to Mania who would show him respect and walk away. Cena comes down to congratulate him and tell him see you at Mania before catching a Spear. This sets up Cena/Reigns for the world title with WWE finding someone else for Taker.

OR

B.) Have Triple H cost Reigns the RR match (Only if Reigns/Triple H didn't happen earlier in the show) and that would set up Reigns/Triple H and Cena/Taker for the world title.

Also in the Rumble, Owens screams Lesnar out of the match and Jericho (who got eliminated by Ambrose earlier) screws Ambrose out of it setting up Owens/Lesnar and Ambrose/Heel Jericho for the IC Title at Mania as well.

My Royal Rumble 2016 card

Reigns vs Triple H- Stipulation being that if Reigns loses he of course is out of the Royal Rumble Match but if Reigns wins he is in the Royal Rumble Match but he is the #1 entrant

WWE World Heavyweight Championship- Sheamus (c) vs John Cena

WWE Intercontinental Championship- Dean Ambrose (c) vs Kevin Owens

WWE Tag Team Championship- The New Day (c) vs The Wyatt Family (Harper & Strowman)

WWE Divas Championship- Charlotte (c) w/Ric Flair vs Becky Lynch

30-Man Royal Rumble Match

Instead of saying who I think it will be, I believe Bray Wyatt needs it the most. He has had a pointless year and pretty much has been buried. He needs to finally reach the top of superstardome. He needs this the most.

The best (Only?) good thing about this is its a total and utter mystery who might win, and what direction they may be taking headed into Mania.

While an obvious, super hot angle would be best, anticipation and intrigue is right up there as far as interest goes.

I'm going with Brock Lesnar. Right now he doesn't have a Wrestlemania opponent, he would be great just to have at the Rumble and it wouldn't be unreasonable, and he can push Roman Reigns even higher at Mania.

Okay I had to change my mind. I was going to go with Lesnar, they need him to help with ticket sales, but now that Reigns is holding the title, I think HHH will someone be the winner of the Rumble.

For Owens it's too soon, and Wyatt/Reigns has been done. Doubt they would put two face together Lesnar/Reigns, so HHH is my pick.

As for surprises. The only surprise for me will be if the crowd doesn't boo the winner out of the arena, like the last two Rumbles. That would be a nice change of pace.

Usually Rumbles are quite easy to predict. Maybe not the winner but you generally know who the last four and two will be. This year I don't think that is the case at all and it's awesome. Might be obvious to others but to me I just can't see who it could be. You could have Brock but I think that means he loses at Mania because I don't think WWE runs with the part time champion for a while longer. Bray Wyatt could win it but who does he face. We literally just had Wyatt vs Reigns and AMbrose vs Wyatt (although not WM worthy) so you would have to throw it on another face, which WWE don't really have atm. Do you take a gamble on someone like a Kevin Owens and throw them in the main event at Mania. I suppose it wouldn't be so bad having Undertaker have a match for the title in his hometown but only if it's a last resort. Another John Cena main event just to be safe, why not.

As for the rest of the card it's hard to guess that as well. Sheamus gets a rematch which probably happens at the Rumble. Owens and Ambrose are probably getting a match but you surely have to throw them in the Rumble as well. Also does Ziggler get thrown in there as well? Could be after this weeks Raw. The Uso's and New Day probably have a match as well. I guess the member that doesn't compete in the tag match will probably be in the Rumble. It could really be all three of them. Big E for that dominant big guy and could make New Day look strong, Kofi for someone who can put on a show for a long duration and make good spots or Woods for possibly one of those typical quick elimination spots. I think Charlotte faces Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch in a triple threat at the Rumble setting up a Charlotte and Lynch Mania match. Maybe that's wishful thinking as having two triple threats but I'm not sure you go Charlotte vs Becky Lynch just yet. Maybe the last of the Wyatts vs the Dudleys or team extreme or whoever they are. Can't really think of many other matches than that seeing as you need the known names of Cena, Del Rio, Rusev, Bray, Ryback and really all 3 guys in the IC picture in the Rumble match itself.

So in summary.

Kevin Owens vs Dean Ambrose IC title match

New Day vs The Uso's tag title match

Some filler singles match maybe

Wyatt family ( Rowan and Harper) vs The Dudleys

Charlotte vs Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch

The Rumble Match

I voted for HHH, but I am not sold on that. I picked him based on the fact that I just don't know where they will be going with this Rumble being that there are so many big names out due to injury.

As far as the card is concerned:
IC Title - Ambrose(c) vs Owens
Tag Team Titles - New Day (c) vs Lucha Dragons
Diva's Title Fatal Four Way - Charlotte (c) vs Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch vs Paige
US Title - Del Rio(C) vs Cena
WWE WHC - Roman Reigns(c) vs Sheamus

Royal Rumble Match - Final 6 Participants
HHH, Rusev, Barrett, DelRio, Ambrose, Cena

So the 2015 Royal Rumble was pretty lackluster in many peoples opinion. And personally I think it was just poorly planned out.

So since the Rumble is coming around once again, I thought it'd be cool to see what people want to see happen in their ideal Rumble match.

Here is how I would write it

Kickoff Show: NXT Battle Royal: Winner receives a spot in the Rumble match
Winner: Sami Zayn

#1: Sami Zayn
#2: Dean Ambrose
Have a surprise entrance in entry #5 #10 and #20 (DDP, Christian, Billy Gunn)
#15 Brock Lesnar
Have Lesnar eliminated by whoever he will feud with at W32
Have Lesnar destroy everyone in the ring after he is eliminated and eliminate the person who eliminated him.
#18 Daniel Bryan makes his return
#20 Bray Wyatt
#25 Triple H (trying to get to Reigns at WM32)
Have a stare down between The Wyatt Family and United Nations and them fight each other
Have Sami Zayn and Dean Ambrose go to the end, final 10 be Triple H, Bray Wyatt, Luuke Harper, Ambrose, Zayn, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler and Kevin Owens

Winner: Dean Ambrose
Main event for WM32 Reigns vs Ambrose (If Rollins can heal up by then have Triple H insert him in the main event and we have our Shield triple threat)

What about you guys?

Unless there is only going to be one match on the card, being the Rumble itself. Are there even 30 competitors worth seeing that will be in it? I mean crikey we've lost Orton, Cesaro, Sin Cara, Barrett, Rollins and God knows who else in the last couple of months.

That a lot of star power gone. Owens, Ambrose, New Day will have their own matches. For the first time in a long time I'm not looking forward to it.

So the 2015 Royal Rumble was pretty lackluster in many peoples opinion. And personally I think it was just poorly planned out.

So since the Rumble is coming around once again, I thought it'd be cool to see what people want to see happen in their ideal Rumble match.

Here is how I would write it

Kickoff Show: NXT Battle Royal: Winner receives a spot in the Rumble match
Winner: Sami Zayn

#1: Sami Zayn
#2: Dean Ambrose
Have a surprise entrance in entry #5 #10 and #20 (DDP, Christian, Billy Gunn)
#15 Brock Lesnar
Have Lesnar eliminated by whoever he will feud with at W32
Have Lesnar destroy everyone in the ring after he is eliminated and eliminate the person who eliminated him.
#18 Daniel Bryan makes his return
#20 Bray Wyatt
#25 Triple H (trying to get to Reigns at WM32)
Have a stare down between The Wyatt Family and United Nations and them fight each other
Have Sami Zayn and Dean Ambrose go to the end, final 10 be Triple H, Bray Wyatt, Luuke Harper, Ambrose, Zayn, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler and Kevin Owens

Winner: Dean Ambrose
Main event for WM32 Reigns vs Ambrose (If Rollins can heal up by then have Triple H insert him in the main event and we have our Shield triple threat)

What about you guys?

Awesome post mate, i thought i would do something similar but maybe do what i think WWE creative may do to set up for WM32. Assuming they have 30 participants, i would go with the following with no NXT superstars, have that battle royal match be for the ATGBR at WM32.

Big E, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, Kane, Big Show, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Luke Harper, HHH, R-Truth, Kevin Owens, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Curtis Axle, Tyler Breeze, Alberto Del Rio, Rusev, Zack Ryder, The Dudley boys, Dean Ambrose, Brock Lesnar, Neville, John Cena, Stardust, Goldust, The Miz, Titus O'neill, Kalisto & Ryback

- Firstly, i have Brock Lesnar winning the rumble.
- Wyatt, Owens, New Day, LON & Cena to dominate. Axle, Strowman, Kalisto, Ryder & Ambrose to get spots in the rumble.
- HHH enters to take out Reigns, is than eliminated by ADR/Ambrose for post WM32 match.
- Wyatt family/LON feud ignited, have some type of stipulation at Fastlane than ultimitely Sheamus/Bray at WM32.
- Goldust/Stardust feud ignited also, leading to Fastlane match and Stardust's demise (face turn to Cody Rhodes at WM32 in which he wins ATGBR).
- Neville/Miz/Ryback angle, setting up clean win for Neville at Fastlane and a U.S title win at WM32 (if indeed it is a 8 man ladder match of somewhat).

The Royal Rumble match is my favourite type of wrestling match, but the last two years had the worst Rumble matches that I've seen in my life. I hope they won't make a hat-trick this time. Around this time last year, I thought there was no way they were going to produce two horrible Rumble matches in a row. Who knows, maybe they are planning to bring Bryan as a surprise entrant, only to be eliminated by Braun Strowman or the League of Nations...
On a side note, the bad luck associated with #14 seems to have faded, ever since they started giving it to returning legends. I think they will continue with this trend.

If anything how would you book the Royal Rumble in terms of structure? What I mean is how would you book the Royal Rumble Match? Especially this year's match for 2016 given how the smark fans have literally hijacked this event for the past 2 years in a row (2014, 2015) so how would you book it in terms of making sure that they don't hijack the event? Or at the very least how would you cater to the fans in terms of structure if you were booking it yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back