**MERGED** All Ryback Discussion (Keep all of it in here!!)

Do you tell your friends / family your gonna be on TV?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Goldberg didn't really have a feud for his first couple years. If the plan is to rip off Goldberg they could go that way. Of course the WWE lacks that kind of patience so I'm thinking Ryback will get his first loss next month and begin feuding with Yoshi Tatsu or JTG.

I think Ryback should feud with his NXT mentor Regal and the original Nexus Bryan, Barrett, Otunga, Slater, Gabriel and the 2 other guys, and then the CM Punk Nexus McGillicutty, Ryan, Harris. The high points being the matches against Bryan as a face and Punk as a heel. He should go over Barrett, lose to Bryan and then turn heel because YES! is more over than he is, then Bryan should sic Ryback on Punk, after he wins MITB and cashes it in against RAW's Punk, other than that fatten him up before feeding him to Orton, Sheamus, Khali or ADR.

it all depends on what WWE wants out of him. First off he hasn't had any mike time, so theirs no telling for sure but I think they're leaning his character towards a tweener/Face instead of a heel. I mean he hasn't lashed out at the crowd or beat up any fan favorites. If they plan on running with his push and making something of him, then I'd think Mark Henry would be the perfect one to put him over.

To me Mark Henrys the no brainer because he's out of the main event picture, theirs just no room for him and there shouldn't be. I'm glad he got his oppurtinity with the gold be he doesn't need to be back there, The face of the industry should be fresh right now and he debuted back in March 1996, eight months before The Rock and less then a year after HHH. So even though he's out of the main event, he's only recently out, so it would still be a perfect guy to but over Ryback. He beats a guy who was recently the Champ, and wins over the crowd cause people love to boo Henry. And for those who were asking if he was strong enough to go up against guys like Big Show and Henry, I'd say yes, the guys huge, he could probably pull off a cleaner attitude adjustment on Big Show than Cena can. However Henrys got the heat so if they want to give him the best push possible Henry has to put him over.

Damien Sandow could be an interesting one as well, it would be a great way to show case both new comers. It could play out like this, Sandow continues his gimmic where he comes to the ring only to tell the audience that they don't deserve to watch him wrestle and walk out. He does this for a few weeks, until the man standing in front of him is Ryback. As he attempts to leave Ryback throws him back into the ring and forces him to debut. This way the audience gets behind Ryback, for taking out the guys who's been insulting them for weeks, and Sandow gets to show off some of his size and power against Ryback before ultimatley loosing

Chris jericho would be perfect. Jericho is suppose to depart with wwe to go on tour with his band. Y2j doesnt have anyone to fued with now due to punk starting a program with bryan. Jericho is one of the top heels and can put ryback over. Jericho could attack ryback and cut promos after his (ryback) matches trying to get under ryback's skin. Jericho would cost ryback his first match to really kick off a fued between the two. Jericho would challenge ryback to a loser leaves wwe match. This would be a good way to write y2j off tv and give ryback that push to the next level.

I can't really say i'm digging the ryback character. it seems like they wanna push him more toward a face role considering how he was used on sunday, but i agree with the chicago crowd, he a goldberg rehash. oh and he stole some of rvd's old singlets i think. If i had to pick anyone for him to have a meaningful program with i guess... uh...well... Jericho? i dunno to me the only guy that could really carry him (not that i think he's bad, just green and maybe saddled with a lame gimmick.) I honestly preferred him as skip sheffield the nexus enforcer. Maybe a program with the returning wade barrett could give him some meaning but it would be a different character. i'd prefer that, but we ain't gonna get it. so yeah.

I chose Heath Slater because he's the type of character that wants to prove himself, yet he's also the type of guy who's not going to be stupid enough to actually want to throw himself at Ryback.

I could get behind this.

Basically, you want Ryback's first feud to be someone else you want to build. You get more bang for your buck if you can develop two characters at the same time, and lord knows there are a lot of guys on the roster who are capable but have no direction and little character: Ezekiel. Heath. Curt Hawkins. Yoshi. Justin Gabriel. Hunico. DiBiase. Also known as the guys who have been watching the monitors during his segments because 1) they're not involved in anything else and it's a cheap way to get them on camera and 2) to try and add some kind of gossip factor to how Ryback's been killing all of these jobbers. They're not getting anything out of being on camera talking about him, but they could be establishing themselves and him in a short program with him.

Nothing says that if he or they go over that one is burred forever and the other is pushed to the 'Mania main event. You book a feud right, and the crowd will like who they like, and the shirts will sell accordingly. Ryback's got a descent enough thing going with some character already, so that gives them an opportunity to play someone against that, and develop both of their characters in the process.

WWE's problem for a long time is that they don't have a credible mid card, and as such the US, Intercontinental, and Tag belts mean nothing because the people who could hold them mean nothing. You don't build your mid card by putting them in feuds with the main event tier. That's how you elevate someone out of the mid card, which would only perpetuate the problem.

I have to agree with the poster above and say Heath Slater is an excellent first choice. They have the NXT background and this could be an opportunity to maybe build Slater up aswell as Ryback. You don't typically sign young talent just to waste them. Give Slater a shot at making something for himself. Plus throwing him with Henry as a first feud would solidify him as a main eventer and I'm not sure if thats the proper way to build Ryback is throw him to the baddest dog in the yard.

Firstly i like the fact that Ryback gets a lot of response. Whenever his name pops up on these forums. I did start a thread not long after his debut on Smackdown, relating him to Goldberg and it got about 100 replies. This tells me this guy could be a future champion, I think it's still a bit early to tell, and he doesn't seem to be getting over yet.

I don't think he will start getting Over until he is placed in a Fued with someone decent, rather than squashing a local jobber each week.

I would like to see him fued with Randy Orton somewhere down the line this year.

:wtf: orton??? wwe are building this guy up too be like goldberg, why would they want him near orton who would never let him get over? orton is not going too let anyone beat him clean, if wwe are really want a "goldberg" then thats good for tv, have rybacks music hit come out take someone out and then leave. i honestly dont think a feud is needed at all, not at this point. or if we are forced too watch orton vs ryback pleaseee have orton rko him. then have ryback stand up as orton is looking at the fans turn around and be closelined too hell......just my opinion.

ryback vs oneeee mannnn rockkkkk bannnnnnd, would atleast be funny too watch

Goldberg didn't really have a feud for his first couple years. If the plan is to rip off Goldberg they could go that way. Of course the WWE lacks that kind of patience so I'm thinking Ryback will get his first loss next month and begin feuding with Yoshi Tatsu or JTG.

Disagree. Goldberg in his first year had a match with Mongo McMichael in a feud leading up to Starrcade 97, he had feuds with Raven's entire flock (notably Raven and Saturn), the NWO and the Giant in 1998, DDP, Sting, Hogan, Nash, Hall and Bigelow in 1999....etc. Ryback needs a good lower card feud to get him going, a strong midcard feud like Goldberg had with Saturn, and then a strong upper midcard feud like Goldberg had with Raven/US Title. It needs to be a slow build and not a Sheamus too much/too soon where the fans kind of resent him. They have a good opportunity here.

I think Cody Rhodes will be his first proper feud once he's done with Big Show. Ryback could have another squash match at the next PPV, and then on Smackdown Cody could take out Ryback after one of his matches, and then make a speech about how he's sick of Ryback being above him on the card in some meaningless squash match when he's a champion, and wanted to make a statement by taking him out

IMO the perfect feud would be him against Cody Rhodes. One thing about Ryback is that since he doesn't speak he looks like a dominant musclehead and for most ppl muscleheads are stupid. So he would need to feud with someone who would have better Mic skills and come across as witty.and intelligent, hence Cody Rhodes. Face it ppl Cody is going to be the new Jericho and since Jericho is usually the smart heel it makes sense for Cody to take his place in this feud. I would have Ryback continue to dominate for a while until he gets put in a #1 contenders match. Have the match be against some one like Drew Mac but instead of him winning have Cody interfere and get him disqualified, which would set up a potential triple threat match at the next ppv where Ryback could beat the 2 heels in his 1st true wrestling match. This way he looks even more the part of a dominant face monster and he gets to show he can handle true adversity instead of squashing nobodys.

Mark Henry is a shout. That could be an interesting feud but i'm not a big fan of Henry in the ring so that would put me off this feud. I think that Kane would be the perfect choice. Kane is done with Orton so let him feud with Ryback. This could be really aggressive and intense. It would be very enjoyable and would allow Kane to put another superstar over.

Gotta be Y2J for me. So he can leave with a kayfabe injury. I would have Y2J beg people for another title shot and hes on the mic and says he will face anyone for a title shot then ryback walks to the ring and destroys him. Then Y2J can go away again for a while.
In terms of a long fued i would say...Cody rhodes. Let ryback have a long fued and win the IC title then Rhodes move into main event. Remember goldberg won the US title on his way up in WCW i would do the same with ryback. Although i wouldn't have him bury rhodes.

Tensai would be the best to feud with Ryback. They are both intense and powerful. Plus, two new guys feuding would be a breath of fresh air. Imagine if these guys fought in a no holds barred match, oh my!

Personally, I want his first feud to be with Funkasaurus. Brodus Clay has been squashing guys left and right and Ryback has been doing the same. I'd be fine with one of them to take either the IC title or US title. Then I'd like to see both of them to duke it out a couple of times on TV where it eventually lands them in a Pay-Per View match for the title where Ryback narrowly wins. And since Ryback is the same height and weight range as Brock, I'm interested in seeing Brock possibly having a short-lived rivalry with Ryback where Ryback narrowly loses. Making Ryback look like a future contender and continuing Brock's physical dominance. But given their way of handling the brands, I'm not sure how likely any of this could actually be.

Ryback is a solid wrestler, but I think that he doesn't need to feud with a top star. Ryback need to feud with Mason Ryan, both of this wrestler could get some major pop. Mason and Ryback are both monster, just turn one of them into a heel. Mason is no were to be found and what better way to get both of them some more tv time then a feud with each other.

Ryback is a solid wrestler, but I think that he doesn't need to feud with a top star. Ryback need to feud with Mason Ryan, both of this wrestler could get some major pop. Mason and Ryback are both monster, just turn one of them into a heel. Mason is no were to be found and what better way to get both of them some more tv time then a feud with each other.

Pretty much this .. Could have them both dominate for a few weeks, then backstage bump into each other and say they noticed one an other blah blah blah lets team .. 4/5 weeks in a row they win, Ryback gets the Pin EVERYTIME then the next week same thing except Mason turns on Ryback .. then have a fued between the two .. Meh just how I'd do things xD

OK, this just came to me and I actually think it could work. They are clearly going the unstoppable machine route with him. Have him keep destroying local talent for another week or so. Then have him start taking on established low-card guys (think JTG or heath Slater). Different person each week.

We have all seen the roster lists on the WWE website. Have Ryback come out and state he is here to conquer WWE and each week they can put up the Smackdown! or Raw roster list and start "X"ing off the people on the chart that he beat the last time. His build is to work his way through the entire roster. Just keep crossing people off. I think it would be cool on a number of levels. First, it keeps a kind of visual record of the people he is destroying. Second, it will build anticipation for matches against the better stars as he works his way through the different levels. It also opens itself up for a mid-carder/upper mid-carder (Ziggler/Miz/Rhodes, etc) to step up a couple months down the road with the inevitable "You have been having an easy time with the dregs of the WWE; why not try someone with actual skill" challenge.

It would obviously be a very slow build and take months for the pay-off, but it would still work.

With his whole "FINISH HIM" thing he has going on I will go with Liu Kang.

Seriously I would put him with someone small, that he could beat and could help him get over. I don't want to say Cody Rhodes because I think Ryback should win the feud but someone like Rhodes would be ideal. A small guy who can talk, can take bumps and carry Ryback to some decent matches. So I will probably go with Ziggler at this point, he's decent in the ring and will oversell like crazy for Ryback no question, plus Ziggler has been Funkasaurus fodder for a while now so why not Ryback?

If not him then have Ryback have a 2 on 1 feud with Primo and Epico, those 2 are useless but they are also the tag champs so it would at least keep them busy and doing something.

Ryback is being set up as a tweener, so I think it would be a bad idea to have him go feud with a babyface. Have Kane come out and intimidate Ryback after another squash, but show Ryback having no fear. Kane could attack him backstage, setting up a PPV grudge match. You could probably get 2 really good PPV matches out of these two and it would make Ryback look like a main eventer quickly.

Another idea would be to feud him with Cody Rhodes for the IC title. It would be cool if Ryback's first loss was due to Rhodes cheating, and would help Rhodes seem like a bigger threat. If Ryback goes on to win the IC title he could hold it for a long time, giving him some credibility.

I agree with a few people that his first feud needs to be down the line a bit and it needs to be against a lower card person. We see to many of these monsters come out and beat big name people right away and all it does is lower your big name people and makes your new star seem not real. If ryback slowly works his way up with lower to bigger name people over a year or two squashin these people as he goes then by the time he gets to a big name star there will be a real feelin that he has a chance to knock off this bigger name star.. Heath would be a decent person but what about Hunico and his parter at the same time have him feud both at the same time you know singles matches at first and then have a handicap match to finish and and put ryback over after like a 10 to 15 minute battle..

Ryback should be dominating for the next two to three months, minimum. Have him squash guys like Slater, Tatsu, Hawkins, JTG, McGillicuddy, Percy Watson, Alex Riley, Primo, Epico, Hunico, Camacho, Otunga, etc...

Then move him into a few an actual fued with somebody like Drew McIntyre. I get that the WWE has no patience, but I think even they realize that they might have something VERY big with this guy and they can't afford to fuck this up.

Reactions: .
If he is going to remain a face I'd say start out with Hunico and Camacho then move to Jack Swagger, if he gets over then position him as the challenger for Cody Rhodes IC title come Summerslam.

If he becomes a heel due to not connecting as a face, I'd book him with Kofi in a US title program on Raw.

Whichever route he goes the initial guys for him to have an actual program with need to be able to bump and sell for him.

I want to know what other everyone else thinks about Ryback.

I understand the Goldberg similarities...But I think this guy is awesome. Obviously he isn't a technical god. But it's nice to see a fresh face for one. I don't know about anyone else...but I've missed a straight up ass kicking squash. Power moves, excellent music, awesome sayings...I don't know...I record Smackdown every week, mostly to see this guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back