**MERGED** Royal Rumble 2013 & Aftermath Discussion (Keep it in here!!!!)

Which Would You Like?

• CM Punk vs. The Rock

• John Cena vs. The Rock

• Not Sure: It's Too Early To Decide

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not if Punk "injures" said superstar, taking them out for months, or at least past WM29. And at this point Undertaker could go out into the middle of the ring and chokeslam an baby and still get cheered like crazy. Cena would simply take advantage of a situation he might not understand, but will go with anyways.

While I have no problem with how it played out, Johnny's scenario is actually quite interesting.

Yeah, I keep trying hard to find something wrong with it, but I can't. That'd be pretty entertaining to watch. I didn't think the first reply in my thread would be that good... Fair enough.

I would've liked to see Lesnar return as one of the RR participants and catch fire, throwing everyone out with ease and winning it. Or I would've loved to have seen Orton win the rumble and have Orton face the Rock at Wrestlemania. Good way to turn him back heel and have him be a hybrid of legend killer/viper. Plus it would launch him as a top tier heel for either brand.

If Lesnar won the rumble, they could have promoted a Rock/Lesnar rematch 10 years in the making. Heyman could mock Rock about his 10 year quest for the belt with Lesnar mocking Rock how he beat him 10 years ago. Obviously the downfall is two part timers as the main event, but still would have been cool anyways

I was surprised they lost too. However, do you think they're waiting simply because they don't have any other relevant face tag teams to put against Rhodes Scholars? I mean, they have absolutely no one of any relevance. It almost reeks of another Kofi Kingston and Wrestler X tag team that would face them at this point. After the Hell No/Rhodes Scholars feud ended, where would Rhodes Scholars go next at this point?

I dunno, but I honestly can't picture a scenario, where Rhodes and Sandow get another shot via a #1 contender's match. Who knows, they might stick together, or Rhodes and Sandow could go their separate ways soon enough. Last night felt like the perfect opportunity to crown new champions, but then again, with exception of that very entertaining segment on Smackdown with The Rock, the Rhodes Scholars didn't have any real momentum going into Rumble.

the royal rumble only has 30 spots. I personally think it should go back to 40 like they had in 2010. I could think off the top of my head at least 10 wrestlers that weren't in the royal rumble that should have been. Obviously they would have been filler anyways, but still the royal rumble is the one PPV a year where the undercard usually gets to be in. I understand some superstars are out with injuries, but look at this list I came up with and please explain to me why some of these guys were not in the match?

-Christain
-Mark Henry
-Big Show
- Jack Swagger
-Michael Mcgilliguty
-Justin Gabriel
-Yoshi Tatsu
-JTG
-Curt Hawkins
-the Usos
-Alex Riley
- Hunico / comancho
- Ted Dibiase
- The Shield
-Epico and Primo
-Ezikel Jackson
-R-Truth
-Mason Ryan
-William Regal
plus many more

so what are your thoughts on a list this big of active WWE wrestlers being left off the card? Like i said, this is the one PPV a year the low and mid card guys get a chance to get some appearances.

Why extend the match to get a bunch of irrelevant guys on the card? I haven't seen Mason Ryan or Alex Riley in months. Would the rumble really have been any better with them in it? If you can't get on a three hour Raw or a two hour Smackdown you don't deserve to be on a major ppv. The only guys worth anything on your list are either injured or had something else going on at the ppv.

This year's Rumble was a solid affair. It had the drama, the shock, the intrigue, and all the stuff you want from the start to the Road to WrestleMania. Nothing on the show was overly bad and while there wasn't a five star classic that perhaps we all dreamed of, it was hardly a poor outing for WWE.

- Hell NO(!) vs. Rhodes Scholars was about as routine a tag match as you're going to get and while it didn't set the world on fire, it was a decent contest which popped the crowd as the champs retained their gold.

- Del Rio vs. Show was a solid, back-and-forth contest that just about equalled their initial encounter in this match type. Del Rio's been fantastic as a face thus far and Show put him over strong last night in a fun opener.

- The Rumble match was packed full of its usual fun and it remains the most entertaining match of the year. Jericho's shocking return was a great surprise to get us started. I enjoyed the Rhodes' Stand-Off, The Cena Dogpile, Barrett's School of Hard Knocks amongst others.

- The final six men were all in with a shout of winning so the conclusion was fairly gripping. Cena winning doesn't disappoint me or overly excite me, but it's probably the right move.

- Rock vs. Punk didn't blow me away. It reminded me of Lesnar vs. HHH in that it was good, but it failed to accomplish the task of surpassing its predecessor (in HHH/Lesnar's case it was Cena/Lesnar, in this case Cena/Rock). Not a truly memorable outing from either man and I wasn't a fan of the false finish. It didn't taint Rock's win, but it took away from the drama of it I felt.

Overall a highly entertaining night of quality action, thrills, spills and all that hoo-ha. Here's to a great Road to WrestleMania and bring on the Chamber!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back