**MERGED** The Shield Discussion - Matches, angles, etc (Keep It In Here!!!!)

Who Would YOU Like To See Join The Shield?

• Ryback

• John Cena

• Mark Henry

• Big Show

• Paul Heyman

• Brock Lesnar

• Fandango

• CM Punk

• Jack Swagger

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just moments ago, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns ran in and attacked Ryback in the WWE Championship main event at Survivor Series, allowing CM Punk to sneak out with his championship reign in tact. The ending -- for all the speculation about how Dean Ambrose would debut -- was a complete and utter surprise, and one of the better PPV endings in recent memory. Rollins, Reigns, and Ambrose tore Ryback up and got a chance to make an immediate impact in their debuts, the likes of which most people don't get until much later (if ever) in their careers.

So, what did you guys think about the debuts for these three men? What do you think their motivations are? Was this the best way to put Punk over in this match, while "protecting" Ryback? Are they interfering for their own interests, not Punk's? Any other thoughts?

Personally, I never really bought into the Dean Ambrose hype and I'm not a huge fan of either Reigns or Rollins, but that was a REALLY cool debut (I'm interested to see if Maddox fits in with these three, too). I'm a sucker for surprises and love watching stories as they pan out, so this is right up my alley. It's pretty early on, so there's not much I can say here, but this has to be the start of a "Heyman guys" stable (or something along those lines) and maybe it's the easiest way to transition Punk away from Ryback -- while he focuses in Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns -- and into the build toward his Royal Rumble match against The Rock. Punk has always been great in a leadership role (he was fucking awesome with the SES, that's seriously some of his most underrated work), so I can't wait to see how he handles this.

I think it's significant that the three debuted together. They are apart of what is the next generation. They will be imbedded in the product for years to come. It's like Trout* and Harper and Machado all debuting in the 2012 season. *Really just a rookie season after a brieff '11 stint. You look back years down the road when these people are established superstars and are reminded that they cracked the main roster together.

Obviously Ambrose and Rollins have been highly anticipated, but from what I've gauged so far, is that people aren't that enthusiastic about Reigns (Leakee). To me, he makes all this that much sweeter. He's a great talent and everyone will come to see that, however unexcited they are right now. I'm ecstatic that we get all three guys at the same time.

It was a very cool and completely unexpected debut for these three. The immediate question that springs to mind is, as has been brought up, whether these three are in an alliance with Punk & Heyman or if they did this of their own accord. You know, in an attempt to make an impact like Brad Maddox did last month at Hell in a Cell.

Tomorrow's follow up on Raw will be important and I just hope & pray that WWE doesn't do something foolish like decide to suddenly feed one or all of these guys to Ryback. Doing something like that would make what they did tonight & their debut absolutely meaningless. I'm not all that familiar with Reigns, but Rollins & Ambrose have been considered overall the top hottest talents in WWE's developmental system for a long while. So c'mon Vince, don't screw this up.

It was pretty lame. People sucked Ambrose's penis for a long time and he debuts as a balding security guard who helps powerbomb Ryback. OMG HE'S SO KOOL!

We all know what the fuck their motivations were. Vince wanted CM Punk to keep the belt without having Ryback pinned. End of story.

I am happy about Rollins making his debut though it shouldn't have happened this way.

In a months time Roman will be forgotten about and pushed back to NXT like Camacho, Ambrose will be tagging with Brodus Clay on Saturday Morning Slam and Rollins will be thrown into random feuds.

It was pretty lame. People sucked Ambrose's penis for a long time and he debuts as a balding security guard who helps powerbomb Ryback. OMG HE'S SO KOOL!

We all know what the fuck their motivations were. Vince wanted CM Punk to keep the belt without having Ryback pinned. End of story.

I am happy about Rollins making his debut though it shouldn't have happened this way.

In a months time Roman will be forgotten about and pushed back to NXT like Camacho, Ambrose will be tagging with Brodus Clay on Saturday Morning Slam and Rollins will be thrown into random feuds.

sad but true. given wwe track record with new talents debut, it doesn't look good. fans especially iwc gets over excited about New debut, stable etc. only to be dropped by the e after 6month in time. i really don't have much expectation with these guys knowing wwe will screw it up somehow.

Unfortunately that is the reality for 99% of the wrestlers in the WWE. It's the ladder effect. They get their push, then they get buried. Another wrestler gets a push, they get buried. It's a vicious cycle. It's no wonder the WWE doesn't have many huge names to carry the company other than Cena, Punk and yes Orton. None get much of a chance. Vince crammed Cena down everyone's throats and continued to even though the IWC couldn't stand him. Do the same thing with a bunch of other wrestlers. People are going to watch no matter what, so get a few guys with awesome potential and push the hell out of them. You see glimpses of Vince doing it from time to time and we see it with Ryback, but honestly he could very easily be pushed off the ladder and buried. It wouldn't be surprising if did happen.

I think cream rises to the crop. Look at the 5 foot nothing Daniel Bryan. He has been a World, US and Tag Champion. His talent has made him one of the top features of WWE programming, and it was his own doing.

Ambrose will no doubt be the break out star of this group, but Reigns I feel has the IT Factor.... he could go really far. As for Rollins, I'm still not sold on him. Hopefully his heel work will be better than his whitebread face character.

And yes, if they all get fed to Ryback, then this will be all for naught. Let's hope this doesn't happen.

I just got back from SS and, at first, I was disappointed with the ending to the main event; mostly because I had floor seats and couldn't really tell who the three guys were with my limited viewing perspective and lack of commentary to hear. (I'm never getting floor seats again unless it's front row.)

Luckily, someone near me was able to identify Ambrose and Rollins (I've never heard of Reigns), and then I wasn't as disappointed. The ending makes sense since Ryback wasn't pinned, and it gave these three an opportunity to make a huge debut, so I hope WWE doesn't drop the ball on this.

Rollins impressed me as Tyler Black in ROH, but I've never seen Ambrose or Reigns wrestle. The trio did however execute a very good team powerbomb on Ryback and sent him through the announcer's table, which was a very good spot. Overall, it was a decent main event, but aside from the surprise interference, it was nothing special.

On a side note, Ryback's crowd reception was lackluster to say the least. NO ONE near me on the floor cheered for Ryback, and even as he exited after the match was over, he tried to lead a "Feed Me More" chant with very little success. I really don't know where he goes from here.

i've heard of these guys for a while and im glad to see their debut work out this way. It wasn't a traditional cheesy debut where they just come out and destroy a jobber, they tore up a guy whose basically Vince's "guy" which says a lot for them. And yea this could have been done to protect Ryback and for him to run through them later which would suck. I think these 3 together with Punk could take out Ryback and bring him back to earth from his unbeatable character.

I hope they team up with Punk and have Punk be the leader and of course Heyman the manager. This could be very interesting to see if played out correctly for these 3

and of course if they want to rise to the top, they will have to (for now) help each other out and make each other look good to take the group seriously.

I thought it was well done. This is how they probably get Ryback out of the title picture without losing clean. CM Punk moves on from Ryback. Ryback focus turns to these 3.

I'm sure IWC will end up hating the angle when Ryback finally beats the living shit out of them one by one.

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only was the ending with Ambrose, Rollins, & Reigns fantastic but that main event was alot better than I had expected!

Honestly I would have been satisfied if Punk just retained after a solid triple threat & he makes it a year with the title. That is already a solid story right there. This was the best main event ending since MitB 2011. And I thought it outclassed every PPV since Mania 28 (if you don't count Summerslam, which everyone seemed to hate on but I thought was pretty damn good.)

Beyond that though we got the debut of possibly 3 of the next biggest stars in WWE. And who was last to premiere at Survivor Series??????? The Rock, The Undertaker, & ofcourse, The Gobbledy Gooker!!! So 2/3rds of them should be of to a FANTASTIC start!

Note: I hope they acknowledge Rollins as NXT champion.

-WWE Champion: CM Punk
-World Heavyweight Champion: Brock Lesnar
-IC & US Champion: Dean Ambrose
-WWE Tag Team Champions: Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns

THE HEYMAN REGIME IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.: CM Punk should hold the WWE title until Dean Ambrose is ready to win it & hold it for 5 times as long.

I love Rollins. He has improved greatly to the WWE style in the ring and on the mic. I also love Ambrose. I know some think he over hyped but from what I have read on websites about his reaction for his dark matches and from what I have seen from his dark matches, guy gets under your skin the minute he starts talking. Good heat magnet. I did not notice Roman Reigns at first, but I do like him and feel he could also be a major star. Obviously, he's the Batista of the group.

Now, I feel this storyline is interesting because first it was Brad Maddox, Heyman asked him for a favor, Maddox goes to his buddies in NXT and Heyman promises them the world. Maddox started it, but now Punk and Heyman have some of the best next generation wrestlers on their side. Booked right, it can make stars of all 3 of these wrestlers, solidify Punk even more, etc. Just like Evolution (by the way, best booked stable).

Now, here is where this may go south. If you're going to feed them to the Ryback machine, do it at Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, or Wrestlemania. Why? Let these guys get over with the crowd. Also,, let Ryback get over again. Because he is not getting the same reaction he used to. Plus, 2 main event matches in a row and he has not dazzled, more like, Punk and Cena have carried him.

Question: Was it a coincidence that the announce team kept mentioning impactful debuts throughout the PPV (The Rock, Undertaker, etc.) or do you guys feel they will continue to build with that tomorrow?

Surprised to see Reigns. He's got a great look and carries himself well on the mic, but he's unproven to me in the ring. I'd rather see Rollins as a face -- I miss the days when someone was a face for their entire career, but I know I'm in the minority on that one.

Maybe we'll get Big E., Ohno, and Ascension soon to fill out the stable, unless HHH thinks the problem with Nexus was that it was *too* big.

Tomorrow night wwe will screw it make them job out to ryback And be back in the magical land of fcw. And yet everyone online making this whole thing out like it will be the new NWO or the second coming of Christ when I will bet any amounts of money it end in a huge hype of fail.

Not gonna lie, I marked out when I noticed Rollins & Ambrose. Had to google Reigns. Hopefully they don't screw this up like they usually do when they create a buzz. If booked the right way this could be the next generation evolution. I could see Reigns becoming the next Batista a few years down the line. He's got a good look, but I've never seen him in the ring. Ambrose's mic work could only make Raw more interesting to watch. And both him and Rollins always produce a good match. Looking forward to Raw tomorrow night for the first time in a long time. Hopefully Ohno will also be brought up to the main roster soon.

Should have Bryan and Damien Sandow join too and have the indy fed invasion, well Sandow isn't really well traveled Indy but he's done some and Reigns looks like an indy guy :)

Anyway so assume this will be another NOD type deal or a reincarnation of the SES.

Happy to see them debute, but really nervious about where they go from here. Myself personally I would love to see them form a group with CM Punk in which the four of them completely take out Ryback tomorrow on RAW giving him a kayfab injury of some type. Anything really wedge his leg in a chair, smash his foot between the steps hell run him over with a car I don't care how they do it just let these guys be the ones who do it giving them huge momentum and heat as they are grouped with Punk.

After that let this faction DOMINATE RAW. Give Ambrose the IC Title, and Rollin and Reigns the tag belts with plenty of promo time and they guys will freaking steal the show and make RAW worth watching at every level of the card.

Sadly I highly doubt this will happen, instead we will probably get Ryback coming out and destroying all three of them in a 3v1 BS match just for them to go back to NXT/FCW >.<

Dean Ambrose can live to his hype ... if he does he's going straight to the top even a half descent wrestler who's a god on the mic can go to the top ... he has the IT factor and he's well known already so ... the two others can't say anything never even saw them before ... if they let Ambrose the mic he's gonna be big as far as ring skill go he's great but he's one of the best on the mic

First of all, solid debut. Similar to a nexus type debut, but with less guys so we can have more focus on them.
Second, DO NOT team them with punk. Let them focus on Ryback, let punk move on to the rock. They can make a big impact on their own instead of looking like cronies for punk. Nobody has ever gotten over being a punk lackey on screen. Just ask Luke gallows, Joey mercury, Selena, husky Harris, joe mcgillicutty, and all of the other last of the nexus members.
Punk is a singles star, no stable. Stay away from that idea.

It would be cool if they banded together with CM Punk based on indy backgrounds and that they were sick of seeing the same superstars from 10 years ago mixed with the manufactured superstars like Ryback. Maybe have an angle where the three of them are trying to sabotage Ryback's streak, ending with Lesnar being brought in as a Heyman guy to take care of Ryback. They can all worship Punk for coming up from the indy's to being the best in the world.

Personally I like the huge way these guys debut. Taking out one of the top 3 most over guys in the company on ur first night is not to shabby. My only quip about the group is I wouldve prefered Big E Langston or Kassius Ohno over Roman Reigns. Not that I don't like Reigns (personally I would've loved for them to use him with The Usos and have The Rock acknowledge them as his family) but Big E or Ohno I think better fit with the group dynamic. The debut is even more sweeter becuz it involved Cena not being attacked by the new comers. It seems like almost every heel that WWE wants to make a big name debuts in a feud with Cena which we all know he wins eventually. Now we finally have a story where we can get surprised again. I do see this as WWE's version of Paul's Dangerous Alliance and I don't think the group is complete yet so Im kinda curious to see how they play this. If I was running things I would bring up Ohno then add in Cessaro. This way they now have all the belts covered and under the guidance of Heyman the group could take over ala Evolution and NWO

This could be good. 3 very promising young talents possibly working with Punk. But with current creative, I also have my reserves. Like somebody pointed out, they could be jobbing to Ryback in some stupid handicap match...so it`s wait and see. If played right, it could be good. As for the likes of Luke Gallows not making it under Punk, come on...Ambrose and Rollins will offer more than that. Gallows and co. were never expected to be more than what they were, these 3 will be expected to be more than that...again if that`s what they have in mind and the whole thing was not just a throw away to keep the title on Punk(after all Rollins is still the NXT champion if am not wrong).

I'm a huge Rollins mark, so I'm delighted that he's debuted. I'm also chuffed that he's done it in a high profile way and got his name out there (same goes for Ambrose and Reigns). However, four words make me uneasy about this. 'Husky' 'Harris' 'Michael' McGuillicutty'.

They made their mainstream debuts in pretty similar circumstances and are now absolutley nowhere. Granted, assisting C M Punk to help him continue a year long title regin and openly destroying Ryback is slightly different to hitting John Cena with a pipe at the behest of Wade Barrett, but, as I say, there are similarities.

I'm hoping against hope that the three of them weren't just used to provide a neat little ending to the S.S Main Event, only to see them shredded by Ryback in a handicap match at TLC and then vanish back to NXT. Because it's obvious that Ryback will go after them, that has to happen unless they do an injury storyline to keep him off TV for a couple of weeks while they solidify themselves. If they allign them with Punk and Heyman, the sky is the limit for these guys.

Doing that leaves Ryback out on a limb though. If Ryback runs through these three, any momentum they've gained from their debut is gone and they become forgettable. On the flip side, if they stay on top and keep besting Ryback, Ryback's credibility is gone. Given the amount invested in Ryback recently, I can't see that happening.

To summarise, I was stoked when it happenned, but now I'm a bit worried.

Fin.

I wouldn't mind seeing them in a stable with Punk but if they don't get fed to Ryback then could be made to look like jobbers opposite The Rock in the lead up to the Rumble.

If they did it on their own accord that maybe better but perhaps it would be too similar to Maddox and so soon after, their impact from last night may not have as a big effect as it could of done.

Perhaps, Ambrose is the leader of these three and they have something to do alongside Punk against Foley at TLC.

As I alluded to in my post, I'm also a bit worried about where the go from here. After all, these three men looked like they cost Ryback the WWE Championship and you just have a feeling that WWE is going to have Ryback get back at them over that. That's not such a bad thing as it can keep these three in the middle of a big angle but what causes the little anxiety is that we saw how Ryback avenged himself against Brad Maddox by destroying him. What's to stop WWE from doing the same thing with these three? Common sense hopefully.

It's possible we could see these three align with Paul Heyman & CM Punk. Putting them with Heyman would be a good way of helping them to get over because, let's face it, Heyman has this "used car salesman" aura about him. His association with CM Punk has been entertaining and his presence could be a plus for these three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back