**MERGED** The Shield Discussion - Matches, angles, etc (Keep It In Here!!!!)

Who Would YOU Like To See Join The Shield?

• Ryback

• John Cena

• Mark Henry

• Big Show

• Paul Heyman

• Brock Lesnar

• Fandango

• CM Punk

• Jack Swagger

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
We all know what the fuck their motivations were. Vince wanted CM Punk to keep the belt without having Ryback pinned. End of story.

Are you mixing up story and real life?

Who cares WHY they were bought up. See where they go with it before you start saying it was all for nothing.

Havent seen SS yet, but it makes tonights Raw all the more interesting knowing I have unanswered questions going in. Perhaps they are in cahoots with Brad Maddox?

Jack Hammer said:
As I alluded to in my post, I'm also a bit worried about where the go from here. After all, these three men looked like they cost Ryback the WWE Championship and you just have a feeling that WWE is going to have Ryback get back at them over that. That's not such a bad thing as it can keep these three in the middle of a big angle but what causes the little anxiety is that we saw how Ryback avenged himself against Brad Maddox by destroying him. What's to stop WWE from doing the same thing with these three? Common sense hopefully.

We might be lucky in that Ryback hasnt faced three guys all at once before, and that Reigns is pretty big, maybe able to hold his own with the 'back! Hopefully there'll be plenty of shenanigans stopping these guys from taking Jerry the kings lift home on monday.

Here is my thoughts.....

I liked the ending to the main event. I wasn't really sure at first who they were because I was at a sports bar and couldn't really hear the audio. Anyways, someone just mentioned how they could be with Brad Maddox, that would be pretty cool in my opinion.

Now to the guy that said, wait until Raw tonight to see how it plays out, we always do that with story line cliff hangers, and WWE rarely delivers with something that makes sense.

They specifically attacked Ryback. They could bring up how he was in NXT, Nexus, among many other things. The only problem with that is, WWE treats Ryback like a separate character from Skip Sheffield. Are they going to mention he was the same guy? Hopefully, people can understand the point I'm trying to make.

I'd rather not have Punk/Heyman join these guys. I actually like Punk somehow winning by random ways. We've gotten to this point without him losing, Punk clearly has to retain next month because Punk/Rock has to happen. Honestly, I want Punk to beat him and drop the Title at Wrestlemania to someone other than Cena.

This is what is wrong with the "IWC" one guy on here said "I Thought the ending was crap until I found out who they were" so you think the ending was shit, but once you knew then you jizzed in your pants? Come on Rollins is good can't speak but can wrestle, Ambrose is a rejected goofy ass weird version of Piper why the IWC loves him is beyond me. and Reigns well who cares

I think a stable was inevitable. I feel both Punk and Heyman suit it and these three guys would instantly become important and be involved in major story-lines. I wouldn't be surprised if Lesnar joins later and this ends in a power struggle. These three have to be used correctly or they will be lost.

Personally, I thought this was an awesome way to debut these three guys, and despite what some of the constantly negative and cynical posters on here think, I think this will be a significant development in the WWE. To those who wah-wah about how the WWE misuses its developing talent, why not turn the clock back a couple of years to the debut of the original Nexus? 7/8 of these guys are still around, and all are regular fixtures on WWE programming. If these guys can achieve anywhere near the results of these guys, the future looks bright for them personally as well as for the company.

Personally, I hope they are not affiliated with Punk or Heyman. Yes, obviously Punk benefitted directly from their interference last night, but I hope it was just a random act against Ryback to get themselves noticed, which Punk exploited, which is consistent with his current character.

There's no way WWE will simply have Ryback decimate these guys on RAW tonight, that would render last night pointless. I see them jumping Ryback again tonight, and having Ryback look strong against them, but ultimately succumbing to the numbers game. Especially when the three rogue guys are joined by other guys from developmental, filling out the faction even more and making them an even stronger force. And led in all likelihood by Maddox.

I think if I were JTG, Yoshi Tatsu, and a few of these other guys, though, I wouldn't be answering my telephone for the next few days. And I'd definitely pick up a newspaper and be checking out the want ads for new employment. I suspect their days are numbered.

I just got back from SS and, at first, I was disappointed with the ending to the main event; mostly because I had floor seats and couldn't really tell who the three guys were with my limited viewing perspective and lack of commentary to hear. (I'm never getting floor seats again unless it's front row.)

Luckily, someone near me was able to identify Ambrose and Rollins (I've never heard of Reigns), and then I wasn't as disappointed. The ending makes sense since Ryback wasn't pinned, and it gave these three an opportunity to make a huge debut, so I hope WWE doesn't drop the ball on this.

Rollins impressed me as Tyler Black in ROH, but I've never seen Ambrose or Reigns wrestle. The trio did however execute a very good team powerbomb on Ryback and sent him through the announcer's table, which was a very good spot. Overall, it was a decent main event, but aside from the surprise interference, it was nothing special.

On a side note, Ryback's crowd reception was lackluster to say the least. NO ONE near me on the floor cheered for Ryback, and even as he exited after the match was over, he tried to lead a "Feed Me More" chant with very little success. I really don't know where he goes from here.

See the IWC community always bought into Ryback but the real fans never did! I am glad he didn't go over last night as maybe they will FINALLY stop shoving him down out throats.

As for Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns, I get the feeling they will do run in for weeks and then will see who they're with or what storyline will happen with them. Didn't CM Punk and Ambrose have some heated exchange at an event a while back that people loved? I am interested to see if this will end up being some new stable like the NWO days where Punk rules and the other guys win the IWC/US Championship and tag belts.

Why would these 3 idiots debut in the goddamned main event? The match was going so well and these low life pathetic talentless bastards ruin it. I turned my TV off when I saw that. What a f*cking waste of money. 3 little children ruining a CM Punk Cena Ryback match wow Vince. And then what they'll be buried in a few weeks right? What's the point of debuting them? No one cares. I only care about the major talent. This "new generation" buffoons will never tantamount people like Stone cold rock undertaker etc. So just give up. WWE will die after the main superstars leave so why ruin the moment while it lasts? Goddamnit.

See the IWC community always bought into Ryback but the real fans never did! I am glad he didn't go over last night as maybe they will FINALLY stop shoving him down out throats.

As for Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns, I get the feeling they will do run in for weeks and then will see who they're with or what storyline will happen with them. Didn't CM Punk and Ambrose have some heated exchange at an event a while back that people loved? I am interested to see if this will end up being some new stable like the NWO days where Punk rules and the other guys win the IWC/US Championship and tag belts.

The C stands for community, and you are one of us, and we are all real fans.

Six or so weeks of main event does not constitute throat shoving. And its certainly not any form of force feeding when the fans are eating him up. Its the smart fans who are chanting Goldberg, not the regulars. Man you spout some bull.

Personally, I thought this was an awesome way to debut these three guys, and despite what some of the constantly negative and cynical posters on here think, I think this will be a significant development in the WWE.

There's a real possibility of that as WWE.com already has an article up on the three with Rollins specifically mentioned as the first & current reigning NXT Champion. It sounds like a little thing in the grand scheme of things but this is the first time I can recall WWE really mentioning anything regarding the goings on in NXT, to any degree, on their main site. Rollins coming out tonight with the NXT Championship would be a great touch. If he does, expect "that belt looks like shit" complaints to begin soon.

There's no way WWE will simply have Ryback decimate these guys on RAW tonight, that would render last night pointless. I see them jumping Ryback again tonight, and having Ryback look strong against them, but ultimately succumbing to the numbers game. Especially when the three rogue guys are joined by other guys from developmental, filling out the faction even more and making them an even stronger force. And led in all likelihood by Maddox.

That's kind of what I'm thinking/hoping will go down. What has so many people worried is Vince & his legendary mood swings. He sometimes makes erratic decisions that only make sense to him. He might get it in his head, if he's been mulling it over, that they need to do damage control for Ryback if he thinks they made him look weak. Even if everyone around Vince says that it worked out great and that no harm was done to Ryback, it sounds like it's hard to get Vince to see it if he simply doesn't want to. There's a chance that WWE can do something really fun with these guys and, from what I've seen of Rollins & Ambrose during their time in NXT, they're too talented to waste on being fed to Ryback. If Vince does indeed do that, then there's definitely a strong argument to be made that he has "lost touch" with people because while Ryback is over, he's not nearly THAT level of over to warrant ruining an interesting development by second guessing himself. Last night didn't damage Ryback as he had both Punk & Cena beaten, plus three guys beat him down after he's wrestled a tough 15+ minute match against the two top guys in WWE right now. If anything, he should look stronger.

I think if I were JTG, Yoshi Tatsu, and a few of these other guys, though, I wouldn't be answering my telephone for the next few days. And I'd definitely pick up a newspaper and be checking out the want ads for new employment. I suspect their days are numbered.

I read some reports that, now that Linda's campaign is over, that WWE is going to be releasing wrestlers on a more usual basis than they have in the past few years. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see guys like JTG and Yoshi Tatsu gone. I'd say that other candidates to be future endeavored right now might include Alex Riley, Tensai, Ted DiBiase, Brodus Clay since he's now jobbing to everyone he's in the ring with since Vince has lost interest, and some others. WWE has a good amount of dead weight on the roster that I think will be dropped before too long.

As I alluded to in my post, I'm also a bit worried about where the go from here. After all, these three men looked like they cost Ryback the WWE Championship and you just have a feeling that WWE is going to have Ryback get back at them over that. That's not such a bad thing as it can keep these three in the middle of a big angle but what causes the little anxiety is that we saw how Ryback avenged himself against Brad Maddox by destroying him. What's to stop WWE from doing the same thing with these three? Common sense hopefully.

Everyone seems to forget the fact that 99.9% of wrestlers debut on the main roster and are made to become high or low profile jobbers for a while until they learn the ropes of the WWE. They call it "paying their dues." I fully expect these guys to come in like Legacy, the Edgeheads, or like the World's Greatest Tag Team and get their asses handed to them for a long period of time. Then, once we've all finally given up on them receiving any type of realistic push, then BAM; they're Money in the Bank winners or something.

Let me repeat myself: DO NOT EXPECT EITHER OF THESE THREE MEN TO BECOME THE NEXT DANIEL BRYAN OR CM PUNK OVERNIGHT. That's not how the WWE works. These guys will most likely be involved in the main event picture for long enough to job out and get squashed like crazy, then they'll be knocked back down and hone their craft for a while. Once the time is right, they'll rise up and we'll all be witnesses to it.

It's possible we could see these three align with Paul Heyman & CM Punk. Putting them with Heyman would be a good way of helping them to get over because, let's face it, Heyman has this "used car salesman" aura about him. His association with CM Punk has been entertaining and his presence could be a plus for these three.

I agree that this is the logical and most-likely scenario. But either way, even if they hang around main storylines for a while, don't expect them to stay there permanently. You know how this always plays out.

The C stands for community, and you are one of us, and we are all real fans.

Six or so weeks of main event does not constitute throat shoving. And its certainly not any form of force feeding when the fans are eating him up. Its the smart fans who are chanting Goldberg, not the regulars. Man you spout some bull.

LOL I have probably been watching wrestling longer then you've been alive. then ONLY ONE forcing anything is the WWE and the piped sounds. Oh it doesn't? Wade deserves a push more then Ryback, why isn't he getting the same treatment? There are wrestlers WAY more deserving them some jack up roid freak who VKM loves. The fans are sick of the VKM blueprint of what a wrestler should look like. They already have enough main eventers with no wrestling abilities or limited ones.

NO ONE Is buying Ryback except on here. Same people who love Drew and all the others who blew but got shoved down our throats.

Debuting three NXT guys at Survivor Series in the main event is a huge gamble by WWE but it gives us an insight into where the company are heading in 2013 and beyond.

I've got a feeling that now Linda's senate thing is over the WWE might become slightly more edgy and have a shift in direction. I'm not saying the attitude era will be bought back as WWE is firmly PG nowadays but the superstars that debuted last night are all fairly edgy characters.

Dean Ambrose is the interesting one for me. I've watched a few matches and promo's and he seems to have that 'it' factor. I hope they continue to make all three look strong against Ryback and not let him destroy them on Raw tonight. They could have the NXT guys keep costing Ryback matches and maybe cost him the Rumble.

I think they'll do a similar thing to what they did with Maddox as in CM Punk will deny any involvement. This will lead to Punk moving on from Ryback to build his match with the Rock. Whether or not it will turn out that PUNK/Heyman and the NXT guys are all in it together is an option that could remain open.

What I'd do tonight on Raw to build on last night is this:
I'd have Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns come out and cut a promo explaining their actions. They could do the whole how they are tired of working their asses off only for the likes of Ryback to be thrust into the main event scene. Vince could come out and say that there will be a 3 on 1 handicap match in the main event. In the match they could make the NXT guys and Ryback look strong and just when you think Ryback is gaining the advantage have a couple more NXT guys come out and destroy him. I know this sounds similar to what happened with the Nexus but simply feeding Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns to Ryback renders last night's twist pointless.

One way or another it will be interesting to see how WWE handles this. The WWE's latest track record rightly doesn't fill people with a great deal of confidence, I really hope that the WWE sees the danger in just feeding 3 up and coming superstars to Ryback. They seem to have invested a lot of time and money into Rollins and Ambrose in particular so I am hopeful we will get a very interesting story that will ultimately develop new stars for 2013 and beyond.

The thing that excites me the most about this is if these guys are in fact "Paul Heyman Guys". That man is an artist on the mic and I feel between Punk and himself he can get these guys over. They will of course have to be used strategically but their potential impact could be very awesome. The most important thing is to not just feed them to Ryback. Their spots need to be important and have purpose. Just throwing them out there to be squashed would be ridiculous and wasteful. They need to come off as cocky, arrogant but overlooked and hungry. Heyman must sell them as the next gen of superstars that he will take to the top like he did for Brock Lesner and in a much smaller scale CM Punk. If this is played out right it could be very good...Sadly thats a very big if.

Here's my take on last night:

I LOVED this way of bringing these guys in. Whenever someone completely unknown to the WWE Universe (not the IWC) interferes in a main event/high profile match, rendering the match decision skewed, they automatically get pushed into the spotlight. Regardless of how quickly they're buried and shuffled into the deck of the midcard roster, people always remember that debut. This is such an intricate part of the WWE's masterful scheme and game plan that's worked in their favor, post-Attitude Era. I, for one, will never forget this run-in. And when these guys get their (eventual, not immediate) pushes, I'll know how they came in and I'll know they were always meant to do something great.

When the Nexus debuted, a similar occurrence happened. Out of that debut, we got Daniel Bryan; a mainstay in today's programming. He came in, was fired, rehired, buried, paid his dues, and then was skyrocketed by two matches; his MITB win and his cash-in. When CM Punk first appeared on ECW, he was shuffled into the midcard the same way that Bryan was shuffled into the first season of NXT card. However, Punk also grabbed a briefcase and was given TWO chances to rise up and shine; and it worked.

Every time guys like Bryan and Punk come along, I initially have a negative view on them. I would think the IWC was full of nothing but hot air and indy wrestlers are overrated. Matter of fact, the more that internet fans praise these guys, the more I root against them and hate them, praying for failure. But 9 out of 10 times, I find myself stuffing my size 11 into my own mouth along with a slice of humble pie as these men become the future of the business. I've learned a lot over the years... I've learned that wrestlers are brought up a specific way for a reason and that reason almost always seems to be the perfect direction for their future.

Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, and Roman Reigns are (supposedly) the best unknown talents in the world of professional wrestling right now. Just like many before them, they interfered in a high-profile match and tattooed themselves into the minds of the WWE Universe. Last night will always be talked about as these guys rise up and I am thinking nothing but positive thoughts about their futures. Sure, they may run this current program and get shuffled into the deck for a while. But MARK MY WORDS; the clock started ticking and its only a matter of time before these guys are pushed to the moon. And I am extremely excited about it all.

Why would these 3 idiots debut in the goddamned main event? The match was going so well and these low life pathetic talentless bastards ruin it. I turned my TV off when I saw that. What a f*cking waste of money. 3 little children ruining a CM Punk Cena Ryback match wow Vince. And then what they'll be buried in a few weeks right? What's the point of debuting them? No one cares. I only care about the major talent. This "new generation" buffoons will never tantamount people like Stone cold rock undertaker etc. So just give up. WWE will die after the main superstars leave so why ruin the moment while it lasts? Goddamnit.

What an insightful and well thought out post, displaying terrific understanding of professional wrestling and specifically WWE.

I mean, how dare the WWE debut new talent with tons of potential, rather than simply recycle the same guys over and over and over again? I mean, their track record in doing so is abysmal.

Look at the original Nexus. Goddamn Daniel Bryan, what a bust he turned out to be, I cannot understand why the WWE bothered to call him up to the main roster! Skip Sheffield, another total waste of time, I don't see any future whatsoever in this guy.

Darren Young. David Otunga. Justin Gabriel. Wade Barrett. I mean, you're never going to see any of these losers featured on one of the biggest PPV's of the year. Even Heath Slater, never see that dude on RAW doing anything.

The original Nexus was a flop. How dare the WWE replicate their errors! Rather than search for the next budding superstar, whether it be Ambrose, or Rollins, or some guy not even called up yet, the WWE would be far better served by featuring the same three or four guys, over and over again, without making any attempt whatsoever to expand their horizons. Give us a steady diet of Orton, and Cena, and Punk, and no one else. Nothing stale about that at all. I mean, WWE is dead anyway, so why even bother to try?

:disappointed:

I think Rollins and Ambrose are going to be protected as much as possible. I'm a little surprised that Rollins was included in this since he is a face on NXT and pretty popular as one. I don't know to much about Roman Reigns but he seems like the typical WWE superstar that Vince likes.

My hope is that they will be connected to Punk but his interaction with them will be limited. Let Heyman lead them and keep Punk on the side. Almost like the three of them are Heyman's "Side Project." Back when stables were big in the 80's, groups like The Heenan family didn't always team up together but they were under the same management umbrella. They only teamed up when it really benefited from it. I think this would be a fresh approach to this. It will allow the rookies to be their own entitiy but still be around to help Punk further his title run when necessary.

Of course, that won't happen.

What an insightful and well thought out post, displaying terrific understanding of professional wrestling and specifically WWE.

I mean, how dare the WWE debut new talent with tons of potential, rather than simply recycle the same guys over and over and over again? I mean, their track record in doing so is abysmal.

Look at the original Nexus. Goddamn Daniel Bryan, what a bust he turned out to be, I cannot understand why the WWE bothered to call him up to the main roster! Skip Sheffield, another total waste of time, I don't see any future whatsoever in this guy.

Darren Young. David Otunga. Justin Gabriel. Wade Barrett. I mean, you're never going to see any of these losers featured on one of the biggest PPV's of the year. Even Heath Slater, never see that dude on RAW doing anything.

The original Nexus was a flop. How dare the WWE replicate their errors! Rather than search for the next budding superstar, whether it be Ambrose, or Rollins, or some guy not even called up yet, the WWE would be far better served by featuring the same three or four guys, over and over again, without making any attempt whatsoever to expand their horizons. Give us a steady diet of Orton, and Cena, and Punk, and no one else. Nothing stale about that at all. I mean, WWE is dead anyway, so why even bother to try?

:disappointed:

Really? Really? Really? You think you're smart? Don't act like you're all that with me. Moron. Daniel Bryan was a star from the beginning. So was Wade barrett. Darren, Otunga, Gabriel , and Slater are as irrelevant as a piece of thread on my carpet. Orton Cena Punk lesnar HHH Undertaker Bryan Kane, and many more. Everyone excluding Sandow, Rhodes, Cesaro, and these 3 NXT buffoons. Don't act smart.

Yay. A bunch of nobodies on a program dedicated to rising nobodies entered the nobody-filled WWE and made an enormous impact by attacking Ryback and retaining the title for Punk. Who books this shit? WWE just does stupid thing after stupid thing and this has been going on since the anonymous GM and the first pathetic NXT invasion of nobodies who were squashed like they should have been pretty much immediately. But let's just go back a year. CM Punk is going nowhere winning the world title here and there for a few hours at a time. Then he drops the pipebomb promo. WWE has something. Punk leaves WWE only to come back like a week later. Dumb. Anyway, he has a big match with Cena at Summerslam. It's time for a long Punk run. He wins the title at Summerslam 2011 only to be powerbombed by Kevin Nash a minute later. Del Rio cashes MITB and wins the title. Lame. And what is Kevin Nash doing in the WWE or a ring for that matter in the year 2011? If he's coming back to wrestle or mentor, fine, but he came back only for a few promos and didn't end up wrestling or doing anything. Nash's interference in the Summerslam main event was pointless. Triple H wanted him there but why? What was the motivation? So anyway, CM Punk wins the title at Survivor Series 2011 in the third last match of the evening. I almost fell asleep watching that match. So, after years of wrestlers holding the title for one week to about 6 weeks at the most, we're all suppose to believe a skinny guy like CM Punk whose won and lost the title in the same night more than once can finally hold onto it for over a year? About 10 times longer than anyone in the past 10 years except Cena or Triple H?? WWE doesn't make any sense. They bring the former 2 year UFC champ Brock Lesnar and how do they use him? They have him kill Cena first night after Wrestlemania. Great they've got something! But first time he steps into the ring for a match they have him job to John Cena! Lame. Then, instead of having Lesnar feud with somebody he could build up or help business, he's thrown into a pointless feud with Triple H with the end result that Triple H can walk away from TV for a few months with reason. Stupid. Triple H was made to look tougher than Lesner throughout the whole feud as if WWE wrestling is so much tougher than mixed martial arts. OK so fastforward to a month ago. Ryback is turning into the next Goldberg. Great WWE has something. He's thrown into a Hell in the Cell match with Punk. All WWE has to do is make sure Ryback doesn't get pinned. Any other ending builds what they already have going. Then they squash Ryback as some dumbass ref costs Ryback the match and he's pinned. Ryback has been pinned and nobody will give a shit if he goes on some long winning streak. And why did the ref cost Punk the match? Why weren't there consequences for that? WWE scriptwriters never give the wrestlers who interfere a good enough excuse for their actions. They just interfere because they think they're the best or they want to see someone else lose. But that's not true motivation. The Hell in the Cell ending was ******ED. OK so now we have fans on this thread saying the match ended perfect because Punk got to retain and Ryback wasn't pinned. Ryback still looks weak though. Lex Luger could take on Hogan, Nash and Hall and came out with the belt. Luger's not even close to Goldberg or Warrior in the 'take on 10 guys at a time department'. A true monster could take on 3 guys most of the time and win. Ryback has been rendered useless and will probably be put in a match with Triple H at some point so that Trips can break Ryback's streak of winning or losing matches due to outside interference. Anyway, last nights' main event ending was pointless. As another poster already mentioned earlier, Rollins is gonna end up no bigger than Wade Barrett, Reigns is gonna end up back in NXT, and Ambrose will be tag teaming Saturday mornings with Brodus Clay. The only thing I like about WWE right now is that they have built Punk up properly. I'm happy to see he's still champion even if it looks ridiculous that he's had the title for a year and about 20 wrestlers before him held the title for 2 to 3 weeks at a time. Punk's one year reign in 2012 is about equivalent to 7 years in the past. The thing is we all know WWE will find a way to end his reign the worst possible way they can. Maybe let Reigns beat him for it tonight on RAW since his last name is Reigns. That's the way WWE booking operates. Let's give that NXT invasion another go around even though nobody gives a shit about NXT or the original Nexus guys!!

I liked it. It was a way of getting Ryback out of the way or on the losing side without him looking weak, although Paul Haymen did a great job of that already. Anyway. I don’t think they are going to form a stable with Punk so to say. Not saying it couldn’t but It was just a perfect opportunity to get up and comers out and with a bang. They beat up one of the most dominate men wwe has right now. It makes for a good story and they have relevance in a decent feud we just have to see if people backstage will mess it up or not.

Yay. A bunch of nobodies on a program dedicated to rising nobodies entered the nobody-filled WWE and made an enormous impact by attacking Ryback and retaining the title for Punk. Who books this shit? WWE just does stupid thing after stupid thing and this has been going on since the anonymous GM and the first pathetic NXT invasion of nobodies who were squashed like they should have been pretty much immediately. But let's just go back a year. CM Punk is going nowhere winning the world title here and there for a few hours at a time. Then he drops the pipebomb promo. WWE has something. Punk leaves WWE only to come back like a week later. Dumb. Anyway, he has a big match with Cena at Summerslam. It's time for a long Punk run. He wins the title at Summerslam 2011 only to be powerbombed by Kevin Nash a minute later. Del Rio cashes MITB and wins the title. Lame. And what is Kevin Nash doing in the WWE or a ring for that matter in the year 2011? If he's coming back to wrestle or mentor, fine, but he came back only for a few promos and didn't end up wrestling or doing anything. Nash's interference in the Summerslam main event was pointless. Triple H wanted him there but why? What was the motivation? So anyway, CM Punk wins the title at Survivor Series 2011 in the third last match of the evening. I almost fell asleep watching that match. So, after years of wrestlers holding the title for one week to about 6 weeks at the most, we're all suppose to believe a skinny guy like CM Punk whose won and lost the title in the same night more than once can finally hold onto it for over a year? About 10 times longer than anyone in the past 10 years except Cena or Triple H?? WWE doesn't make any sense. They bring the former 2 year UFC champ Brock Lesnar and how do they use him? They have him kill Cena first night after Wrestlemania. Great they've got something! But first time he steps into the ring for a match they have him job to John Cena! Lame. Then, instead of having Lesnar feud with somebody he could build up or help business, he's thrown into a pointless feud with Triple H with the end result that Triple H can walk away from TV for a few months with reason. Stupid. Triple H was made to look tougher than Lesner throughout the whole feud as if WWE wrestling is so much tougher than mixed martial arts. OK so fastforward to a month ago. Ryback is turning into the next Goldberg. Great WWE has something. He's thrown into a Hell in the Cell match with Punk. All WWE has to do is make sure Ryback doesn't get pinned. Any other ending builds what they already have going. Then they squash Ryback as some dumbass ref costs Ryback the match and he's pinned. Ryback has been pinned and nobody will give a shit if he goes on some long winning streak. And why did the ref cost Punk the match? Why weren't there consequences for that? WWE scriptwriters never give the wrestlers who interfere a good enough excuse for their actions. They just interfere because they think they're the best or they want to see someone else lose. But that's not true motivation. The Hell in the Cell ending was ******ED. OK so now we have fans on this thread saying the match ended perfect because Punk got to retain and Ryback wasn't pinned. Ryback still looks weak though. Lex Luger could take on Hogan, Nash and Hall and came out with the belt. Luger's not even close to Goldberg or Warrior in the 'take on 10 guys at a time department'. A true monster could take on 3 guys most of the time and win. Ryback has been rendered useless and will probably be put in a match with Triple H at some point so that Trips can break Ryback's streak of winning or losing matches due to outside interference. Anyway, last nights' main event ending was pointless. As another poster already mentioned earlier, Rollins is gonna end up no bigger than Wade Barrett, Reigns is gonna end up back in NXT, and Ambrose will be tag teaming Saturday mornings with Brodus Clay. The only thing I like about WWE right now is that they have built Punk up properly. I'm happy to see he's still champion even if it looks ridiculous that he's had the title for a year and about 20 wrestlers before him held the title for 2 to 3 weeks at a time. Punk's one year reign in 2012 is about equivalent to 7 years in the past. The thing is we all know WWE will find a way to end his reign the worst possible way they can. Maybe let Reigns beat him for it tonight on RAW since his last name is Reigns. That's the way WWE booking operates. Let's give that NXT invasion another go around even though nobody gives a shit about NXT or the original Nexus guys!!

Jesus Christ, learn to use the spacebar son.

We're hours removed from their debut, nobody can judge the angle without giving it time to progress. Do I agree with debuting them in such a fashion? I don't exactly disagree with it, cause again they could take this angle a plethora of different directions. I'm happy to see Ambrose finally debuting, Jon Moxley was great in DGUSA and Evolve, whether the hype some idiotic WWE fans have created is too high for him to succeed, only time will tell, but at least now we don't have to hear any more "where's Dean Ambrose?" complaints.

Seth Rollins hasn't adapted to WWE the best, but they must be high on him considering his position in NXT. Preferred his work as Tyler Black in ROH, but I guess there's no point living in the past. And Roman Reigns' inclusion left me scratching my head but again, is what it is. Thus far from what I've seen of him in NXT, he bores the hell out of me, and as I said in the spam section had they at least gave Chris Hero his spot the indy fans would have climaxed on the spot.

Whether they feud with Ryback, form a stable alongside Punk and Heyman, feud with a number of others I really don't care, just going to have to wait and see.

This Ambrose dude has to be real good.People have shitted on the forum sayin Ambrose this and Ambrose that.He better be the reincarnation of Bret Hart,SCSA,The Rock,Brock Lesnar,Kurt Angle and Hulk Hogan put together.Hell,people didn't put D.Bry over as much as him despite of Bryan being an amaging talent.If the hype is so much,he better live up to it.

For me there is a chance here to form a new super-heel faction. Ambrose can talk and cut some very dark promos. Rollins has the moves and Reigns has the size to back up the action element. So in my ideal world these guys come out and do the NXT (Nexus) invasion angle the "right way".

"We're sick and tired of being passed over in developmental. We're better than everyone else out here and we demand to be heard. We took out the biggest and baddest you have to offer and we're here to stay"

Punk comes out to address them and they respectfully blank him. Kind of like "we respect you as a champion that has earned his place, but don't get in our way or we'll do to you what we did to Ryback". Nothing too "heelish", just enough to position them as a stand alone faction that is here to make an impact by taking out whomever they need to.

Then for TLC you get Ryback and Cena in a handicapped 3 on 2 match with these guys and they go over two of the biggest (size-wise) guys in the company. As a faction they have ability and ambition to force their way into the big time.

Nexus failed due to having to face Super Cena and have him overcome the odds to beat them. That was classic one man vs the world mentality to promote the super-hero figure. This needs to be different. This time Cena NEEDS to be on the losing end and these guys will gain instant credibility which is where they ultimately failed with Nexus (and didn't even begin with the Corre!).

Longer term I'd pick the natural option of having Rollins and Reigns moving after tag team gold vs Bryan & Kane and then have Ambrose play to his "creepy/unstable" character by becoming a stalker to AJ. Just lingering in the background. Here comes super-cena to the rescue and then you have Ambrose and Cena in an ongoing fued (no titles in the picture!). Ryback is free to stay in the title picture (even better bring back Maddox and have an ongoing thing where Maddox keeps trying to beat him, getting closer and closer until he finally gets the win). Punk stays with the belt until him and Rocky can have their ultimate showdown at RR and then the rematch at WM.

My ideal for the WM card?

Punk vs Rock (Belt)
Lesnar vs Ryback (after Brock is brought in to protect Punk and Ryback backs-up Rock)
Big Show vs Sheamus (Belt) (Then have Ziggler return from an injury angle to cash in)
Orton vs Miz
Bryan/Kane vs Rollins/Reigns
Ambrose vs Cena

There needs to be something for Del Rio maybe vs Kingston for the belt. Also for someone to take on Cesaro for the USC.

Just me random thoughts on how they could build a very strong WM card, each with their own back stories to actually generate a bit of interest!

A good debut if you ask me. Different perspective for me as I don't watch NXT, so I thought it was just three security guards attacking Ryback. I thought they were going the direction of anybody and everybody will interefre on Punk's behalf. Referee one week, security the next, maybe time keepers, popcorn venders etc.

I find it interesting at some of the comments here and around the IWC. This group is made up of three guys. People here pushing Rollins and Ambrose must be blind. Reigns has the look and physique to be the one to get the push here. Some are calling him The Batista of the group but he was a wrestlemania main eventer. IF this group is compared to DX then Reigns is the Triple H. If it is compared to The Nation then Reigns is The Rock. If it is compared to the nwo Reigns is The Nash. If it is compared to evolution Reigns is The Orton.

Could this be the beginning of something really creative? Think about it, Maybe this has nothing to do with Punk... Maybe Wwe Creative if finally listening to the Iwc about the character change for.......... JOHN CENA! Wouldn't it be a nice Surprise.... Hogan style. If in a Tag Match with Ryback, that Cena turns and aligns himself with them as a Leader making the 3 of them his "soldiers".... Realizing that his crew will propel him back to the championship over the "fans" who are only distracting him and making him worse with their distracting chants... Then the wwe audience can create more chaos for him such as they are doing with the Dbryan yes no stuff....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back