Dean Ambrose post - The Shield

CM Steel

A REAL American
Dean Ambrose was the leader of the Shield before Seth Rollins turned on him and Roman Reigns in the middle of the ring on RAW. Dean Ambrose is a former U.S. champion even though he didn't defend his title most of the title. But he was chosen to be the frontman of the Shield as the only solo champion. Now that the Shield is no more and each member has gone their own way, Dean Ambrose seems like he's the one going in no direction here.

His "new ring attire" doesn't say superstar. His new entrance theme song sounds like it got remixed with Bob Holly's before Holly become "Hardcore". And he's taken on the old persona of his Cincinnati, OH homeboy the late Brian Pillman. Not to say that could be a bad thing. It's just odd to see. But after Dean Ambrose ends his feud with Seth Rollins, what direction do you see Dean Ambrose heading in post-the Shield?

Well, it's far too early to tell what will happen with Ambrose. They could easily stretch out his feud with Rollins to at least September/October. After that, who knows? They could easily give him another run with the US title, or perhaps the IC title. I know, his last reign was a flop, but maybe that was because Creative was focused on the Shield as a whole, and kept booking storylines/matches that involved all three guys. And, let's be honest, as much as I like watching title matches, how exciting would they really be? By that, I mean the match would likely be a good one, but we already know the ending. Rollins and/or Reigns would interfere and either cause a DQ or distract Ambrose's opponent for him to get the win. Ok, maybe not everytime, but damn near it. As for who he could feud with, Bray Wyatt (who is crazier), maybe Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, the possibilities are endless. As long as they give us a reason to care about why they're fighting.

I believe Ambrose will be a perennial 'tweener; someone who looks like a bad guy but is usually matched against other bad guys, casting him as an anti-hero.

For all that, though, it seems hard to believe he's going to get the push his two buddies are getting; Dean's "tough guy" act has always seemed a bit forced and stinted.....and some of his facial expressions are downright comical. If still photos were taken of Dean's rubber-mouthed, wide-eyed attempts at determination, we'd be laughing aloud at them.

Right now, the Shield breakup is still new.....and Dean has a mission against Seth Rollins. That's fine, but I feel Dean will eventually be handled by Creative as a Kofi Kingston-type; always around, capable of putting on good matches and available for occasional minor title runs......but I don't see main event status for him at any time. Like Kofi, Ambrose has much to offer, but not enough to function at the top.

Dean Ambrose was never the leader of the Shield. Some IWC smarks have elevated their own opinions in believing that they choose who is the leader. Reigns and Rollins have almost ALWAYS been higher in the food chain than Ambrose. He's exactly where he needs to be, fighting Rollins, and after that, back in the midcard race. He's an excellent midcarder, but he's not as good, either with promos or in ring as Rollins, and he doesn't look as good as Reigns.

Lol, Rollins was ahead when Deans was in the MITB match earlier? When HE WAS TOUTED BY wwe as the unofficial winner up until elimination chamber 2014? Or when Rollins was pinned left and right by 2013 Kane and Bryan? Koffi Kingston wishes he has the same stature as Ambrose:lmao: Get serious guys, sure you don't like him but don't act like he wrestle the likes of Titus etc on Superstars like Koffi does:lmao:
Ambrose is involved in the biggest storyline going, is the 3Rd most over babyface, gets plenty of mic time to get over with the audience. Trust me he'll be fine after that.

He is using his gimmick of John Moxley from the indies, if WWE were smart they'd put the hardcore title on him and let him go wild in destroying guys like ziggler, kofi, rvd in extreme rules matches

It has ONLY been a month and a half, are you serious? You haven't even allowed time for the feud between him and Seth Rollins evolve. Not to mention time for him to evolve as a singles wrestler. He was considered the unofficial leader of the Shield by many. I've even heard it reference by Michael Cole before.

Seth Rollins has been the frontrunner thus far as far was the guy evolving since The Shield breakup, I'd Ambrose second since he actually entered a program with Rollins while Reigns is still carrying on in this Authority feud.

Which is fine, I enjoy feuds with longevity. It makes it more memorable. I think WWE has done a great job allowing feuds to develope this year(SANS Bray Wyatt/Daniel Bryan).

His "new ring attire" doesn't say superstar.

Does John Cena's? Did all that dangly and glittery stuff Shawn Michaels wore 20 years ago scream Superstar?

Right now, the Shield breakup is still new.....and Dean has a mission against Seth

but I don't see main event status for him at any time. Like Kofi, Ambrose has much to offer, but not enough to function at the top.

What a total contradiction. How acknowledge it's too early to tell but then write him off as a future mid card serviceman? Then compare him to Kofi...

Ambrose has more upside than Kofi - for one he has a character and he plays it well, secondly he is pretty decent on the mic. Two things Kofi has going against him - with Ambrose character he can play either sides of the fence or in-between.

Thank you, the first 3 posts were pretty awful, comparing him to Koffi :suspic: Koffi wishes HHH gives him the time of the day let alone feuding with him.
I'm not even sure Dean will keep this attire for very long( not that it's bad), and someone was worry what Ambrose will do after the feud with Seth, after this feud RTWM kicks off because both are penciled to feud up till HIAC or even beyond so there's that.

Ambrose stole the show at Money In The Bank. He got the biggest pop of the night I think. Crowds were chanting his name after he went backstage and they erupted when he came back out. He will be that kind of "loose cannon" anti-hero character, and I think he's what fans have been waiting for, for a long time. I know they are pushing Reigns like a mega star right now, but I think Ambrose is actually the most over of the three at the moment. He will most definitely have the slowest climb to the top though. Reigns will probably win the title at 'Mania, and Rollins will successfully cash in that contract at some point. So that leaves Ambrose as the most likely last one to get the title.

It depends on how his feud with Seth goes. If done right, it will make both of them into the stars they have the talent to become. Dean should keep following Seth and stopping each attempt he makes at cashing in the briefcase. Show the craziness that he has and how he is willing to do whatever it takes to get what he wants. Maybe even go as far as to have him steal the briefcase and cash it in himself. The change in ring attire does seem a bit odd, he can make it work though and it does set him apart from the others on the roster some. I'm still trying to get used to the entrance theme. I would rather see him use a more crazy sounding song, that highlights the crazy side of his character. He's talented enough to make this work though. A lengthy feud with Seth will make both of them into stars, so I hope it lasts a good while and allows both of them to showcase what they can do. Worst case scenario there's always the midcard belts, but I want to see Ambrose become a top tier heel and a multi time World Heavyweight Champion. He absolutely has what it takes to make it there in terms of skills in the ring or on the mic.

If he's still around at that point (which he probably won't be), I'd like to see Jericho turn heel and feud with Ambrose. He needs to be kept around that upper-midcard role until they find room in the main event scene for him (an area that seems to be geared towards Reigns/Rollins right now). A triple threat match between the three former Shield members for the WWE WHC title at some point would be great.

Ambrose will continue to get more and more over the more that Rollins does, hopefully up until HIAC too, before they eventually move both onto other things. I have a feeling that the feud between the two might be kept going on some kind of level if the rumours about the three Shield members being the final three left in the Royal Rumble are true, which would be interesting to see.

I don't think Ambrose will get stuck in the midcard, nor should he. He might not be main eventing every major event but he'll certainly be in and around that role.

He is using his gimmick of John Moxley from the indies, if WWE were smart they'd put the hardcore title on him and let him go wild in destroying guys like ziggler, kofi, rvd in extreme rules matches

That's something I'd actually love to see

It does seem like Ambrose is moving towards the Moxley character that he played on the Independents before coming to WWE. He is slowly becoming more and more unhinged and the nickname "The Lunatic Fringe" is emphasising this. He's dressing like he did as Mox and is promos are becoming more intense all the time. Unfortunately we aren't going to be seeing the Hardcore title back in WWE any time soon, if ever. Plus, Ambrose is way above that level now, he's pretty much main event level talent these days.

For anyone who hasn't seen Ambrose cutting promos without restrictions as John Moxley, I urge you to check him out on YouTube. I must have watched them 10x by now and I'm still impressed at how good he is. I hope he continues down this path in WWE and they allow him more freedom to vent on the mic, he's £££.

I still think Ambrose will end up as a top heel in WWE, his whole character is unhinged and sadistic, I just see him as a natural bad guy but at the moment he's seriously over as a face and doing just fine. I don't know why anyone is concerned for Dean, he's one of the guys with most attention on him right now and is doing everything great.

If I were WWE I would go en-route of Kane turning face and snapping against the Authorities poster boy, Randy Orton. The match wont be entertaining but it will be the best way to go storywise. Say at Battleground, Kane chokeslams Cena and is going for the pin but Randy pushes him off and covers him. Cena kicks out and Kane tombstones Orton for costing him the title. Reigns hits the spear on Kane, goes for a superman on Cena who reverses into a AA for the win.

Kane comes out on Raw calls out Kane and says he's tired of being a lacky who is just called a monster, it's time he shows the world what the monster is really capable of and goes onto destroy Orton backstage. Orton Vs. Kane at Summerslam (or postpone it to the NOC). This ends in a DQ and a rematch at the next PPV where its a Career match that Kane loses after being punted (thus brining back The Viper).

Ambrose goes over in his match against Rollins after an interruption from Kane backfires. A rematch is set between Rollins and Ambrose at SS for the MITB Briefcase and this time it's NO DQ. Rollins goes over in that match with a roll up or something.
The rubber match occurs and its a last man standing match, Ambrose wins and goes onto the next feud.

The next night Ambrose comes out and says the number one man on his hit list has been crossed off and now it's time for #2 and that is the pus** Randy Orton. Both men being fresh off of a feud carry over into their own feud over Randy being part of the reason the Shield Broke up. This continues until the December PPV but by that time HHH is also getting involved and so at the RR it is made official that Ambrose Vs. HHH will happen. HHH loses two consecutive matches to Ambrose. After that I think the best way to swerve things up a bit is to have Jericho return against Ambrose as a heel. Jericho and Ambrose both are in the EC match where Ambrose eliminates Jericho who just wants to be champion again, Jericho gets pissed off and costs Ambrose the title. Ambrose calls out Jericho calling him a sore loser and says he's washed up, Jericho Vs. Ambrose takes place at WM.

Don't be surprised if Dean Ambrose actually ends up with the MITB briefcase before Wrestlemania... I'm almost sure that this feud between Rollins and Ambrose is going to culminate in a match at HIAC for the MITB contract. I can see Rollins getting cut off by Ambrose every time he tries to cash in the briefcase for the next few months and get so angry that he eventually puts his contract on the line in either a ladder or HIAC match. Rollins of course will stipulate that if he wins than Ambrose will have to leave the WWE, leave Rollins alone, or something along these lines.

As for what Ambrose will do after this feud, who really knows? Many things can come out of this rivalry with Seth Rollins such as, a MITB contract as I've just said. I think people are looking too far into the future and making assumptions without having any clue about the direction WWE wants to go in with Dean Ambrose or Seth Rollins for that matter.

While I see your point, it comes down to what they plan on doing with him after the Rollins feud. Will he continue to rebel against the authority? I know Orton is being used as a stepping stone for a Reigns Vs Triple H match, so maybe Ambrose will take on Orton?

There are concerns, but Ambrose has been incredibly impressive so far. Personally, I'm more concerned about Reigns in the long run, but I've talked about that too much already...lol...

After this Rollins feud I have no clue what they're going to do with him. He's far too talented and above going back to the midst of the mid-card but the main event scene will be entirely filled up from the summer until at least late next spring. They haven't been booking him very strong which has been fine considering he's trying to fight an entire machine and there are too many enemies against him but it's almost getting to Bryan levels now.

There is only so much you can beat a guy down until the crowd no longer cares and becomes completely disinterested and I can see them doing this and dropping the ball with the talent they have. But that's hindsight, the summer is still early on and the feud with Rollins has really only just begun. It can't last forever though and with Reigns being pushed to the top next year, and Rollins having a year to cash-in his own contract where does that leave Ambrose in 2015? I kind of shudder to think about it but we fans can hope for the best.

Dean Ambrose was never the leader of the Shield. Some IWC smarks have elevated their own opinions in believing that they choose who is the leader. Reigns and Rollins have almost ALWAYS been higher in the food chain than Ambrose. He's exactly where he needs to be, fighting Rollins, and after that, back in the midcard race. He's an excellent midcarder, but he's not as good, either with promos or in ring as Rollins, and he doesn't look as good as Reigns.

Maybe you should stop focusing so much on trying to go at "IWC smarks" and concentrate more on actually being RIGHT for once. You're not even close here.

Ambrose was clearly ahead of Rollins before the turn. That's why the Rollins turn was such a surprise. Ambrose was the US champ and the guy who talked the most and had the most identifiable personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back