KB Answers Wrestling Questions

If Carmella doesn't cash in her MITB and win the title in Boston(her hometown) at Clash of Champions, when do you think she will? You think they will actually hold off on it until wrestlemania(I don't see it)?

Clash wouldn't surprise me. They're at the point where a cash-in would make sense as she teased it for weeks and now we're supposed to forget about it.

Some Adam Cole recommendations please? Matches, promos etc.

Pretty much anything with him saying "Who's ready for storytime with Adam Cole Bay Bay?"

As for matches, anything against Kyle O'Reilly or Jay Briscoe, preferably the ladder war from 2014.

What are the odds that Natayla being announced for Team Smackdown is a swerve and she gets taken out before the match leading to an actual surprise?

Haven't read your review yet but did you find the NXT camera work to be really poor at War Games? It seemed like in multiple matches, spots were just missed because they zoomed in on something or were missing key spots because the announcers were focusing in on a replay. It was really bad during the War Games match itself, while I understand in that format it's hard to capture all the action, the wide shot is there for a reason so use it. Did you notice it?

Not really a question but watching the men's tag match at Survivor Series and one thing was really obvious to me when the match was done. Braun Strowman felt like the biggest star in the match and nobody was close.

Haven't read your review yet but did you find the NXT camera work to be really poor at War Games? It seemed like in multiple matches, spots were just missed because they zoomed in on something or were missing key spots because the announcers were focusing in on a replay. It was really bad during the War Games match itself, while I understand in that format it's hard to capture all the action, the wide shot is there for a reason so use it. Did you notice it?

I didn't but I've heard other people having issues with it as well so you're not alone.

Not really a question but watching the men's tag match at Survivor Series and one thing was really obvious to me when the match was done. Braun Strowman felt like the biggest star in the match and nobody was close.

Yep. That seemed to be the goal, but there were FAR better ways to get there.

What would your dream WM34 card be using the current brand rosters?

I'll do the top few matches instead of the whole thing, some of which would require drastically changing current plans:

Kevin Owens b. HHH (Owens keeps tormenting the McMahons, face HHH fights him in an effort to destroy his own creation)

Smackdown World Title: AJ Styles b. Sami Zayn

Raw World Title: Roman Reigns b. Braun Strowman (If you absolutely must have Reigns win the title)

Brock Lesnar vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Another match for control of the show? Yaayyy... Or they could go the really logical route and declare him unfit for commissioner duties due to "inuries" only to have him come back in a wrestling capacity a few weeks later.

I know we're all expecting Reigns to win the belt and have his coronation (AGAIN!) at Mania but I don't see how they can do what they did last night and not have Braun Strowman win the title at Mania. He should absolutely win the Royal Rumble at the least.

I was thinking just a brawl for the sake of having a brawl. Ignore the power of the show etc.

But they're already teasing it with Stephanie almost firing him last week. HHH getting involved screams a power angle. Not to mention if JJ is going to turn heel on him, he'll clearly have to deal with that also.

Oh I'm sure Stephanie will turn it into something stupid about control of the company THAT HER FAMILY FOUNDED as we come up on 25 years of/the 25th anniversary of MONDAY NIGHT RAW but I'd rather it just be normal. Of course that won't happen because of stupid reasons, but that's WWE for you.

We've had the Authority power angle thing going into Mania since 30. Since then it's been:

Bryan - 30
Sting - 31
Reigns - 32
Rollins - 33

Is this angle just something that's going to show up every year in the fall like it has been?

Shane McMahon is reaching Stephanie levels of annoyance for me, KB. The guy is on just as much as his sister, it's all about him, she can't act and he can't wrestle, Steph slaps guys across the face and Shane kicks out of their finishers.

Where on the Stephanie spectrum does Shane fall in terms of how frustrated you are at this point?

Not as bad as he's not popping up on random DVDs and random video packages explaining how awesome she is and how important things are to wrestling. And I still haven't/likely never will forgive her for the Women's Revolution stuff. Shane is really getting on my nerves too but at least he'll take a beating every now and then.

Said it on your site, Daniel Bryan is going to side with Sami and Owens in this story. He's going to go heel.

Where do you see this story going?

Probably a Wrestlemania battle for power, which I really don't want to see.

Also good luck with getting fans to boo Bryan, especially by putting him with two of the best heels on the roster.

Do you really think Reigns is winning the Rumble? I'm fairly certain they're going to go with Brock vs. Reigns for the belt, but they've got other ways of getting into that match. Couldn't they pull an Alberto Del Rio and have a Smackdown guy win the Rumble and fight whoever ends up with the WWE belt come Wrestlemania time?

Last year we did have Randy Orton win, to go onto a nothing match with eventually champion-at-the-time Bray Wyatt. I think the era of the Rumble meaning anything terribly important is dead.

They've got to cut his legs out from underneath before September and he leaves.

True. Unless they let him wrestle again (which they won't), he's gone and that's not good for them.

Do you really think Reigns is winning the Rumble? I'm fairly certain they're going to go with Brock vs. Reigns for the belt, but they've got other ways of getting into that match. Couldn't they pull an Alberto Del Rio and have a Smackdown guy win the Rumble and fight whoever ends up with the WWE belt come Wrestlemania time?

Last year we did have Randy Orton win, to go onto a nothing match with eventually champion-at-the-time Bray Wyatt. I think the era of the Rumble meaning anything terribly important is dead.

It's certainly possible. Then again, with the Rumble in Philadelphia it wouldn't surprise me if they went with Reigns just as one more middle finger to the fans.

You have made your feelings known about Shane. I agree with those feelings. Why though do you think he tends to get a pass when he is pulling the same stuff his sister is? Is it because he dresses casually and wears sneakers so he is a cool boss? Is it because when he speaks he actually sounds like a real person? There has to be something there other than he is willing to get beat up in high profile matches once every six months.

Shane does cool dives and is a face.

As I said to you a few days ago: seriously, that's it. Oh and he does a dance and acts tough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back