KB Answers Wrestling Questions

He didn't. He was going to win it and didn't show up to the building that night. The 2/3 falls match was a rematch for the US TItle.

It's because Benoit went to ECW a couple of weeks after so it makes sense. Also remember Benoit had the best of 7 series earler on (year before?) for the US title so a clean loss made sense.

During the UFC fights tonight I noticed a WWE advertisement for their video game inside the cage, it was on one of the corner pads. Not a question, just thought it was an interesting point of how the relationship between the two has evolved (especially since Vince is known to have thought WMMA was going to fail).

A question, I was listing to Bruce Prichard talking about booking and one of the things that came up was MITB. They were discussing Punk, he had just got the MITB and then they had him lose to Jericho (I think). Point is that Punk lost. Anyway, Prichard responds with the following to the idea that 50/50 booking was a bad idea and the loss wasn't a good move. "He still has the MITB briefcase so he's still good. I don't think it hurts him at all. It doesn't, doesn't hurt him at all, he still has the MITB briefcase." What in the actual fuck is that thinking?

This is some new line of thinking that WWE has had in recent years and it's nonsense. For some reason they think wins and losses don't matter in the eyes of the fans, which is just not true. Look at the biggest stars of all time (mainly Hogan and Austin). You can literally count their clean losses on your fingers. Compare that to someone like Balor today, who is likely thought to still be fine because he has the Demon. It doesn't work, never has worked, and never will work, no matter what Vince thinks at the moment.

Wrestlemania season
Getting past Roman vs. Lesnar so the main events can mean something again
WWE getting over their Roman fetish so we can move on to something a little more fresh.

Just for WCW in general?

Mysterio vs. Psychosis - Bash at the Beach 1996
WarGames - WrestleWar 1992
Sting vs. Vader - Starrcade 1992
Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio - Halloween Havoc 1997
Arn Anderson vs. Ric Flair - Fall Brawl 1995 (this isn't a famous one by any stretch but if you're going to do WCW, you need some Arn Anderson in your life)

For about the 100th time I watched André turn on Hogan, the contract signing in the board room and the Mania 3 match. Still as excellent as ever, never gets old. Please, in a few words, just confirm how stupid it is that the Observer has Hogan/André at Mania 3 as Worst Match of the Year for 1987.

For about the 100th time I watched André turn on Hogan, the contract signing in the board room and the Mania 3 match. Still as excellent as ever, never gets old. Please, in a few words, just confirm how stupid it is that the Observer has Hogan/André at Mania 3 as Worst Match of the Year for 1987.

Yeah I've always thought it was. Meltzer continues to miss the point of so much wrestling and shows his ridiculous levels of bias.

What's Taker doing on the Raw 25th anniversary show?

Probably just showing up and talking.

Well, not sure how him in a throwaway makes sense (as opposed to him in some sort of storyline). But of course, we need HHH vs Shane.

Assuming that we get Broken/Woken Matt, would you prefer that Jeff be a part of it or that he gets a singles babyface push?

Yeah I've always thought it was. Meltzer continues to miss the point of so much wrestling and shows his ridiculous levels of bias.

Not that I disagree with his bias, but the awards were voted on by a panel of Meltzer and his friend's before they became largely fan voted when The Observer shifted toward being an online thing. I'm normally one of the first to point out his bias towards Japanese and spot monkey wrestling, but this isn't 100% on him.

Oh, I should ask a question. I've been thinking about Bullet Club lately after some of the recent articles about their shirt sales and how they are changing the wrestling world. At what point do you think they became over saturated? What started originally as four foreign heels in Japan has expanded to include damn near every notable independent wrestler in the world.

Not that I disagree with his bias, but the awards were voted on by a panel of Meltzer and his friend's before they became largely fan voted when The Observer shifted toward being an online thing. I'm normally one of the first to point out his bias towards Japanese and spot monkey wrestling, but this isn't 100% on him.

I get that response a lot and my response is almost always the same:

Who do you think Meltzer is going to allow to vote on these things? People who say he's a quack or people who think in a very similar vein to him? Same with the voters today: the people who vote on it are often going to be Meltzer fans and think along a similar line to him. So no he might not be the only person voting, but he's the biggest influence on the people who do most of the voting.

Oh, I should ask a question. I've been thinking about Bullet Club lately after some of the recent articles about their shirt sales and how they are changing the wrestling world. At what point do you think they became over saturated? What started originally as four foreign heels in Japan has expanded to include damn near every notable independent wrestler in the world.

As soon as the next cool act comes up. It's happened forever and it'll happen again.

Broken Matt Hardy is without a doubt the best work of Matt's career.

Was it quality in terms of the character that Broken Matt outdid 2005 out for revenge Matt Hardy or was it simply a case of execution being poor for the latter since WWE never wanted to commit to Hardy in the long game? They could've, and probably should've, given Matt the belt during that run. I believe you said as much in a review, likely Unforgiven, when he was one of the hottest stars on the roster even after the stuff-up that was Edge vs. Matt at SS.

It's way up there, though the in-ring stuff isn't as good as it used to be (for obvious reasons). I'm cautiously optimistic about how he'll be treated in WWE, but there's a chance it's going to rock.

We criticize the WWE now for sticking to the plan for the sake of sticking to the plan when it's clear change should be made. One thing that gets criticized about WCW is the title change from Hogan to Luger on Nitro. Nash has said that the crowd reactions were organic, Luger had been getting bigger pops and it was time for a change even though they had been building towards the Sting thing for so long. I watched the Luger win a few minutes ago, the reaction when he makes his comeback and motions for the torture rack is fantastic. The pop when he wins is loud as hell.

We're currently in a situation where things are similar with Lesnar playing the role of Hogan and Roman being Sting, you could say Strowman was Luger but never got the title win.

Was it the right call for Luger to win the belt? What influence did it have on the impact of Hogan/Sting at Starrcade? Can you see parallels between Hogan/Sting/Luger and Lesnar/Roman/Strowman?

Yeah it was fine as he lost it back really soon. It didn't have much impact, as there were so many problems with Sting vs. Hogan that the Luger title switch was completely forgotten.

Besides Over The Limit 2012 (Johnny Ace vs. John Cena), have there been any other comedy matches to end a PPV? (Or network event or special feature or whatever.)

Not counting Warrior/Hogan from Halloween Havoc because that was unintentional comedy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back