KB Answers Wrestling Questions

I don't know. Maybe it is just because that isn't enough for me to look past the BS, but it saddens me that most fans would accept that. Not like we wrestling fans are known for being rational or smart or anything like that.

He's only gotten this bad as of late. When he has one match every now and then it's fine, but at the end of the day, these shows are about the McMahons. Raw vs. Smackdown was about Shane vs. Stephanie, even if that's not the thing getting the most TV time. That's been the case for years and we're just supposed to accept that Shane, who will be 48 in January, is still the Boy Wonder of 20 years ago.

You have made your feelings known about Shane. I agree with those feelings. Why though do you think he tends to get a pass when he is pulling the same stuff his sister is? Is it because he dresses casually and wears sneakers so he is a cool boss? Is it because when he speaks he actually sounds like a real person? There has to be something there other than he is willing to get beat up in high profile matches once every six months.

Shane does cool dives and is a face.

As I said to you a few days ago: seriously, that's it. Oh and he does a dance and acts tough.

Not so much in his defense as more of a strike against Stephanie, but she's just got one of those voices. Like any time you hear it, instant cringe. It's possible it's from years of training that when you hear her, bad things happen.

The best thing about Stephanie is her claiming to be the creator of the Women's Revolution in WWE. I know you love this especially, KB. Um, Stephanie has had the top spot on creative (other than Vince) since the early 2000's. What took so long? Her taking credit for it only works if she had no power and suddenly came in, changed things for the better and then took credit.

Stephanie was around with bra and panties matches, 30 seconds women matches and seemingly never had an issue, never did anything to change it but when it does change (which is entirely due to Ronda Rousey drawing 1 million plus PPV buys in UFC multiple times and becoming the biggest female combat athlete of all time) Stephanie is right there to claim it.

They all suck!

If Balor is out of the equation, Roman is being saved for Mania and they're obviously intent on protecting Strowman, then who does Brock face next? Gimmick rematch with Joe? Another SHIELD member? Angle?

Not so much in his defense as more of a strike against Stephanie, but she's just got one of those voices. Like any time you hear it, instant cringe. It's possible it's from years of training that when you hear her, bad things happen.

Her music too. It's just irritating.

The best thing about Stephanie is her claiming to be the creator of the Women's Revolution in WWE. I know you love this especially, KB. Um, Stephanie has had the top spot on creative (other than Vince) since the early 2000's. What took so long? Her taking credit for it only works if she had no power and suddenly came in, changed things for the better and then took credit.

Stephanie was around with bra and panties matches, 30 seconds women matches and seemingly never had an issue, never did anything to change it but when it does change (which is entirely due to Ronda Rousey drawing 1 million plus PPV buys in UFC multiple times and becoming the biggest female combat athlete of all time) Stephanie is right there to claim it.

They all suck!

Pretty much. The debut of the Women's Revolution (the night Charlotte, Becky and Sasha debuted) was my breaking point with Stephanie. They had been building up Paige bringing in some friends from NXT to help her against the Bellas and company for weeks and everything made perfect sense.

Then Stephanie comes in, orders the three callups and turns them into trios, leaving Paige as a nothing side character to the whole thing.

If Balor is out of the equation, Roman is being saved for Mania and they're obviously intent on protecting Strowman, then who does Brock face next? Gimmick rematch with Joe? Another SHIELD member? Angle?

Honestly, I have no idea at this point. *gulp* Kane maybe?

I just watched the classic Shiek/Volkoff vs Bushwhackers match from Heroes of Wrestling. What an experience.

Is this still the worst match of all time or has it been surpassed by Jenna/Sharmell, Rebel/Martinez and/or some other match?

Oh there are worse. You have to consider the expectations, the length of the match, the stage they're on etc. That was a horrible match that people expected to be horrible.

I just watched the Thanksgiving Impact and Robert Irvine's appearance kinda had me wondering, how good was Gail Kim really? I think, given that TNA thought she was the female Hogan, it is hard to look at her accolades as an indication. I never really had much exposure to her, but I always hear she was good but I wonder how much of that was just people echoing what TNA said of her.

Kind of piggybacking off that, I've come across a lot of backlash recently against Lita and her status as a legend. I remember her having some high flying moves, which was unusual at the time for a woman, but I also remember them being kind of sloppy. Was she truly an all time great, or was she more of a Joe Namath type in that she is remembered more for being one of the first of her kind and breaking the mold as opposed to putting up the big time stats?

Kim:

In-ring: quite good and WAY ahead of her time as far as American women's wrestling goes.

On the mic/charisma wise: a black hole.

Lita:

She was VERY sloppy. Her hurricanranas ranged from a thing of beauty to "please tell me our insurance is paid up" on a weekly basis. She also had some of the worst punches you'll ever see.

What Lita did have though was (aside from great looks and sex appeal) a charisma and attitude that you didn't see from the other females of her era. Also, consider she was out there with bores like Ivory and jokes like Debra and Stephanie. She and Trish (who this applies to as well) may not have been the most polished and would probably be laughed out of developmental today (they would be, along with people like Hogan) but they were trying and FAR better than the other women of their era.

Think of it like this. What is more impressive: getting a B on a third grade history test or getting a D+ on a college history test?

You have made your feelings known about Shane. I agree with those feelings. Why though do you think he tends to get a pass when he is pulling the same stuff his sister is? Is it because he dresses casually and wears sneakers so he is a cool boss? Is it because when he speaks he actually sounds like a real person? There has to be something there other than he is willing to get beat up in high profile matches once every six months.

Obviously not KB, but he comes off as much more likable. He does much better promos and isn't incredibly annoying.

Beyond that he can actually wrestle and has put many wrestlers over.

It could be argued that in the most basic terms, Shane doesn't really put anyone over, or more accurately, can't put anyone over.

He isn't a wrestler, so if say Kevin Owens beats him, he only beat a non-wrestler. And if he loses to him or even has trouble beating him, then he is something of a laughing stock.

There is very, very little to gain and everything to lose in a kayfabe sense in a match against Shane. That is a major part of the reason why virtually all of his matches were full of run ins or had some other reason why Shane had a chance e.g. Kurt Angle was in his third match at KOTR for their classic; No DQ; fighting for his mother's honour/safety

Then all of a sudden we had Shane going toe to toe with the fucking Undertaker... at WRESTLEMANIA... in Hell in a Cell...

And then Kevin Owens needed 40 mins and Sami Zayn to beat the near 50-year-old non-wrestler...

He can't wrestle. He does stunts. Also, name one wrestler he has ever put over.

No he's not a great wrestler, but I was comparing him to Stephanie. The faces never revenge on her, but Shane is taking these crazy bumps when he does wrestle. If nothing else, he's willing to go through all that when Stephanie always has to look good.

And he put over Styles and Owens. I thought Shane and Styles both made each other look really good.

No he's not a great wrestler, but I was comparing him to Stephanie. The faces never revenge on her, but Shane is taking these crazy bumps when he does wrestle. If nothing else, he's willing to go through all that when Stephanie always has to look good.

And he put over Styles and Owens. I thought Shane and Styles both made each other look really good.

Nah fam, letting someone beat you isn't automatically putting someone over. AJ Styles, arguably the best in ring worker in the world, shouldn't have needed twenty minutes and a ref bump to beat a nearly fifty year old part timer who was never a real wrestler. Same with Owens. You don't have a vicious, cunning heel like Owens take forty minutes and outside assistance from Sami to beat that same stuntman. It made both of them look like jokes, that Shane took them to the limit.

The only guy you can really argue that Shane put over was Test back in the day, because Test overcame Shane and the Mean Street Posse. Not that a near seven footer like Test should have much kayfabe trouble beating his bosses son and three preppy rich assholes in a street fight, but hey its a McMahon story. Even then they screwed it up by having Shane become his best friend after that.

Nah fam, letting someone beat you isn't automatically putting someone over. AJ Styles, arguably the best in ring worker in the world, shouldn't have needed twenty minutes and a ref bump to beat a nearly fifty year old part timer who was never a real wrestler. Same with Owens. You don't have a vicious, cunning heel like Owens take forty minutes and outside assistance from Sami to beat that same stuntman. It made both of them look like jokes, that Shane took them to the limit.

The only guy you can really argue that Shane put over was Test back in the day, because Test overcame Shane and the Mean Street Posse. Not that a near seven footer like Test should have much kayfabe trouble beating his bosses son and three preppy rich assholes in a street fight, but hey its a McMahon story. Even then they screwed it up by having Shane become his best friend after that.

This x1000.

Thoughts on Anthem allowing talent to take gimmicks created while in TNA elsewhere?

“We have seen the character development and will be interested to see where they take the concept. Our new talent agreements all incorporate language that allows talent to continue to use their IMPACT persona after they leave the company. We are working with our legal team to amend our existing agreements to extend this to all of our current and former talents.”

Another one for the Only TNA column. Since this is all about the Broken Universe:

What else were they expecting to do with it? Have Broken Robbie and Brother Shera? This should have been done months ago and only made TNA look like they didn't know how to run a wrestling company. Now they can join the rest of the civilized wrestling world (outside of WWE where it actually makes sense).

I do love the idea that EC3 could in theory walk into WWE as Ethan Carter III.

It's like all they needed to do was give away one bottle of milk. Instead they gave away the whole freaking farm.

Just be glad that they didn't have the cow sit on them and then run off with a stolen bulldozer on a pole with Dixie Carter calling it darlin first. Oh and a heel stable. Always a heel stable.

Has there been a 2 out of 3 falls match where someone has won 2-0?

Somewhere between his Heyman time and his Sheamus time (could be wrong on that) Cesaro once lost 0-2 in a 2 out of 3. I remember it because shortly before I asked this question myself. It was a very low point in Cesaro's career. Don't remember who he lost to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back