Coco Answers Wrestling Questions

I put it to you that RVD's InVasion (yes, InVasion) match with Jeff Hardy is better than his one against Christian on Raw. Smoother, better spots (the Van Daminator off the stage has been one of my favourite moments since I was nine years old), more concise, better crowd and an amazing introduction of Mr. Van Dam to the, ahem, WWE Universe. Also, the tiger print is delicious. Your rebuttal?

A year without singles gold, much of it spend floundering/buried in the tag division. A show-closing main event on Raw against another midcard nobody. InVasion was a great introduction, but the ladder match felt like an achievement to me as a fan.

Also, I find some of the spots preferable in the ladder match. Also also, you didn't find the Chicago crowd hotter than the InVasion crowd? Surely you jest. Then again, crowds got a lot cooler in those two years as Rock, Austin, and their audience left.

I put it to you that RVD's InVasion (yes, InVasion) match with Jeff Hardy is better than his one against Christian on Raw. Smoother, better spots (the Van Daminator off the stage has been one of my favourite moments since I was nine years old), more concise, better crowd and an amazing introduction of Mr. Van Dam to the, ahem, WWE Universe. Also, the tiger print is delicious. Your rebuttal?

I LOVE the Jeff V RVD match at Invasion. I bought the DVD just for that match, the Van Daminator off the stage is one of my favourite moments in wrestling ever!

Typically the DVD skips at the exact moment Van Dam jumps up to nail the move....pissed me right off.

They quietly made them legal back in 2008, I believe. The rule was so seldom enforced anyway that they apparently didn't bother repealing it after concussiongate.

In modern times it is only enforced as a don't do that multiple times in a row or I will tell you to stop type of thing anyway. Just seems odd that they would get rid of the punt but keep that.

In modern times it is only enforced as a don't do that multiple times in a row or I will tell you to stop type of thing anyway. Just seems odd that they would get rid of the punt but keep that.

It's easier to control a solitary punch than a running kick, let alone make it look/sound more real.

I haven't seen Show's punch in a while but it was about the fakest looking move I had ever seen at the time.

However, I was under the impression that actually being dangerous was at best half the equation when it came to what was banned.

I haven't seen Show's punch in a while but it was about the fakest looking move I had ever seen at the time.

You've got to love Miz's comical overselling of it though. He looked like a door being swung open.

InVasion was a great introduction, but the ladder match felt like an achievement to me as a fan.

When else have you felt like that? Off the top of my head, I can think of when Aries won the world title, when Christian won the world title, and when Punk won the WWE title. Weirdly, I nearly felt that about Henry's title win, then he pointed out the truth - I'd never believed in him or thought he would amount to anything.

Also, I find some of the spots preferable in the ladder match.

The Van Daminator off the stage is one of my favourite moments of all-time. We covered that, didn't we? I remember when me and my brother had it recorded on VHS and we rewound it about a dozen times.

Also also, you didn't find the Chicago crowd hotter than the InVasion crowd? Surely you jest.

The InVasion crowd was surprisingly hot. This was when it was "ECW/WCW" and not "The Alliance" so they probably had no idea of the garbage that was to come. Incredibly, most people seemed to know who RVD was and he outpopped Hardy without even trying.

Is my enthusiasm showing?

Is Big Show's punch an illegal move?
No.

Can the Daniel Bryan and AJ Lee wedding outdo the Jarrett's vow renewal?
I doubt it, but I'm willing to wait and see.

Thoughts on JTG?
I'm drawing a blank.

Favorite TLC match you ever saw?
WrestleMania 17. Punk vs Hardy is a close second.

Thoughts on Samoa Joe & Brutus Magnus winning NOAH's Tag Team Championship.
Sweet deal. Racial slur edited out.

Will you ever forgive WWE for inserting Ryback into the Cena/Punk feud?
I think it's a fine move. I just can't forgive them for not having Punk tempt Cena into working with him to take Ryback out so Cena can increase his odds of winning and getting a rematch with The Rock. Cue conflicted Cena face.

John Cena just became a first ballot Wrestling Observer HOFer. Your thoughts?
What took 'em so long?

Can you recall an incidence where someone's turned face but another big face is annoyed at this? Almost asking if people have just forgotten what he did originally.

Can you recall an incidence where someone's turned face but another big face is annoyed at this? Almost asking if people have just forgotten what he did originally.
This sounds like something I've probably seen, but nothing is jumping out at me.

Any examples you're looking to share?

I used it in my latest WZCW RP but JGlass pointed out that no one's thought of that.

Same question I posted in KB's thread this evening:

So William Regal has been on main WWE programming twice in the last seven days; granted, his appearance at the UK Smackdown is a given, but is it just coincidence that he was featured on Raw as well, or is this heralding something more important?

Also, Coco, your thoughts on William Regal overall please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back