FunKay Answers Comic Book Questions

Not yet. I'm also looking for something that shows more of a history on Hulk. I have no idea where my interest in him came from, but right now he's my #2.

I'm not sure about you, but I just find him to be a really interesting character, the whole Banner/Hulk inner feud is just really fun to read when a good writer is on the book. Plus since the early days they've really given the Hulk side a lot more depth.

I'm not sure what FunKay would suggest, but if your looking for something that shows a lot of Hulks history I would suggest either The Incredible Hulk Omnibus Vol.1 (assuming you can afford it, you having a kid & a wife it might be hard justifying spending nearly $90 on a Hulk book), or look for Essentials Incredible Hulk, which you can find used from around $6-$10, if you don't mind black & white pages.

Also iFanboy did a "Where Do I Start" for Hulk, so if you want to check that out...

http://ifanboy.com/articles/the-hulk-where-do-i-start/

I'm not sure what FunKay would suggest, but if your looking for something that shows a lot of Hulks history I would suggest either The Incredible Hulk Omnibus Vol.1 (assuming you can afford it, you having a kid & a wife it might be hard justifying spending nearly $90 on a Hulk book),

THIS KID IS SMOTHERING ME!!!!

or look for Essentials Incredible Hulk, which you can find used from around $6-$10, if you don't mind black & white pages.

Black & white pages are fine. It will give me something to colour.

Also iFanboy did a "Where Do I Start" for Hulk, so if you want to check that out...

http://ifanboy.com/articles/the-hulk-where-do-i-start/

Thank you, sir!

Fuck you Justin, stealing my thread. But as he said, Essentiall's are by far and away ther best way to read classics. They're cheap, come with plenty of issues, and are fine if you can get passed the black & white pages. There's a new Hulk book coming out either shortly or it may even be out now, but it's a great jumping on point from the looks of things.

And I have read neither Chew nor Sweet Tooth.

Fuck you Justin, stealing my thread. But as he said, Essentiall's are by far and away ther best way to read classics. They're cheap, come with plenty of issues, and are fine if you can get passed the black & white pages. There's a new Hulk book coming out either shortly or it may even be out now, but it's a great jumping on point from the looks of things.

And I have read neither Chew nor Sweet Tooth.

I assume you're talking about the upcoming Jason Aaron book, that has not come out yet, it comes out sometime next month.

Has the Battlezone tournament gotten you to read any comics that you otherwise wouldn't have read?

Reading the Spawn Vs Ghost Rider thread has gotten me to start reading the Spawn comics for the first time ever.

2nd question: What's your favorite comic not put out by Marvel or DC?

Has the Battlezone tournament gotten you to read any comics that you otherwise wouldn't have read?

Reading the Spawn Vs Ghost Rider thread has gotten me to start reading the Spawn comics for the first time ever.

Not yet, but I'm heavily considering in investing in an Essential Ghost Rider TPB.

2nd question: What's your favorite comic not put out by Marvel or DC?

I love some of the Tranformers stuff that's been put out by IDW, 2000 AD is always a good read, and I do enjoy Miracle/Marvelman, though that's now part of Marvel.

Favorite Comic book character?

Peter Parker. He's a genuine human character that can be both heroic and diastarous.

Least favorite character?

Eh...leaning towards Jason Macendale. His character really watered down the HobGoblin persona.

Favorite comic book movie?

X-Men 2.

DC or Marvel? Why?

Marvel because I would watch X-Men: The Animated Series and Spider-Man: The Animated Series religiously for many a year. I wouldn't discover Batman's series for a couple more years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back