LARIAT'S WORLD

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
WELCOME TO LARIAT'S WORLD. PARTY TIME, LARIATO!!!​

That was lame.

Anyway, I'm ripping off NorCal here with a little wrestling tangent column of my own. I'll title this one......

WHAT'S THE POINT?!

After watching that fraud of a PPV TLC-S last night, I've asked myself this question about 100 times. WHAT'S THE POINT!?

• What's the point of Dean Ambrose being too stupid not to unplug a TV before using it?
  • What's the point of the commentary complaining about blatant interference from Rollins, yet nothing said about Reigns doing the same damn thing?
  • What's the point of Bray Wyatt?
  • What's the point of Cena wrestling Lesnar for a THIRD TIME?!
  • What's the point of 'Brie Mode'? Sounds like a disgusting cheese dessert.
  • What's the point of the entire PPV?

These are questions that need to be answered. Why make your top tier babyface mentally challenged? Stone Cold would have known to unplug a fucking TV before bashing someone in the head with it. So would Hogan, or even John Cena! Why make Ambrose clumsy and half-witted? It's stupid.

Then again, so is most of WWE's creative.

What say you?

2.66 > Good?

That was this week's Nielsen rating for Monday Night Raw. Barely over 3.5 million tuned in after a PPV to see Raw.

To me, that isn't good. The added caveat in this point is Monday Night Football didn't garner better ratings. What this means is most people simply didn't tune in to watch Raw and didn't need an incentive not to watch it.

The lowest WCW Monday Nitro rating is a 1.7, so Raw is far from that territory, but the last few episodes of Nitro weren't far off in the ratings and if you average out the final ratings for Nitro over their last three months of existence, you'll get just below a 2.0 in the ratings overall.

The thing is, the WWE's probably too big to fail at this point and many speculate that this number will not change and that the WWE won't lose anymore viewership than this. And that's probably true, but that doesn't mean it doesn't show everyone just how far the WWE and wrestling have fallen in public perception. The days of ratings being in the 4's and 5's are probably over, unless a drastic change in competition takes place.

What say you?

No need for a headline here... Raw was plain terrible tonight.

There's no real direction in things, no real standout star other than Daniel Bryan, and now the Authority's brought back, undoing everything that was done at Survivor Series. Just plain stupid, IMO.

Why would Cena give a shit what happens to Edge? Wrestling logic says have Cena laugh and let Rollins do what he wants to Edge given their history with each other. And on top of things, you have Orton come out AFTER Raw is off the air and do a run-in when he could have ran in and prevented Cena from letting the Authority coming back?

NO direction whatsoever at the moment, and the only good thing out of this is the possibility of having Bryan back in the main event picture. Unlike Lesnar, who simply stood there and was a prop most of last segment.

Don't think I'll be watching Raw for a while, folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back