Who Attacked AJ Styles? *SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

2TheMax

Dark Match Winner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KChq6Rn60Rk

Alright. From seeing this, who was it that attacked AJ Styles from behind?

My guess is Daniels. That person seemed to be the same height as him and he seemed to have a shiny, bald head. And seeing the video package of the Turning Point PPV, it brought up something about betrayals that happen when you're the champ. This is somewhat a crime-investigation type thing but there you go. What's your answer?

If I had to guess anyone, it would be Joe, but I didn't get a very good look at it. Daniels has been a face ever since returning, and having him go full blown heel for one little miscue would be outrageous.

The tension is going to build slowly between Daniels and Styles until the week of Turning Point, because the match needs a tweener, with Joe already being the heel of the threesome. No matter who it was, I think it was a decent segment, and the mystery behind it leaves us all guessing, and gives the people who were casually watching a reason to tune in next week.

I read reports saying it was Tyson Tomko. I'm sure they are gonna play it up as Daniels to build heat to the Triple Threat Match at the next PPV. My guess is Tomko will make his debut either at the PPV or at the next Impact if these reports are true.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and ask: Who's to say it wasn't Desmond Wolfe? I mean, short, buzzed hair/bald. Skinny build, and Lauren, who got close enough before he took off, didn't seem to recognize him. It also plays into his "newcomer trying to make a name for himself" gimmick.

Apart from that outside possibilty, another good choice could be Tomko. It was rumored he was backstage at the PPV (Looking for a new deal?), and the tapings. He and AJ were a formiddable Tag Team, not too long ago. So, that could play into the betrayal portion of the Turning Point promos. Tomko could be returning, just to screw AJ.

It would make sense to be Daniels, since they have a match. Sort of appear to be AJ's friend and have his back but really be the cause of sneak attacks.

If it's Tomko, although that's a good return for Tomko, it hurts the title. AJ is already being booked as a weak champion (only becoming champion with Sting's help, then a draw to Angle at Impact), and throwing in Tomko, who was never really more than just a body guard, as a threat will just hurt AJ.

They seem to be hyping this match as AJ vs Daniels vs Joe II, so it was probably Daniels. Maybe he goes heel and joins this Nation of Violence bit (if that's still going on). With Angle seeming to turn face, it leaves a nice opening for a TNA "original" to try and replace that heel spot.

**It seems I posted at the exact moment as others. If it is Nigel/Wolfe, that would be interesting and I would think that was better booking that expected. I don't think people would care if it were Tomko, so if it is him, bad booking. If it's Daniels, it's just standard booking haha

I agree with the post above. The first one was highly regarded as one of the best triple threat matches ever booked, and TNA management knows it. Nothing like building towards part II with this attack.

However likely that it is Tomko...it kills any and every bit of momentum they could have for that part II triple threat match.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out within the coming month.

OK, first and foremost, I'm PRAYING that whomever attacked AJ did so with a foreign object or something. Between Styles being attacked and seemingly immobilized with what looked like a single forearm shot to the back and Angle beaten down back stage by Wolfe with a few of the weakest looking upper-cuts I've seen in a while, these "beat downs" make two of the top guys in TNA look like chumps!

Think it could be Tomko.....believe there were reports of him being at the tapings

I agree The figure was too big to be Daniels and it would have been to obvious to be Joe. Maybe they're trying to set up Daniels much like Sting was set up by the NWO in the early days.:suspic:

did some vestigating, and all the other websites, including wikipedia say it was indeed tomko. Finally he has come back.

Tomko could be another member of the "Nation of Violence." I can bet Joe is getting pretty lonely on the island by himself.

The build meets the requirements for the attacker, especially with the baggy clothing to distort 'noticeable things' like tattoos and muscle tone. Guess we'll have to wait and see eh?

I bet he won't be revealed yet. I bet he'll get attacked next week too. Then the final week before Turning Point he will be revealed. If it is Tomko that would be sweet. As I said in another thread though I want the World Championship match to turn out as epic and classic as their Destination X match a few years back. But hopefully it is Tomko. They said he was coming back on the main WZ page so it would make sense.

Tomko is a heck of an athlete and he's come into his own. It just sucks that he's been hurt and I don't recall why WWE ended up not taking him back but it's their loss. He can be a good piece to either company.

I do like Tomko joining the so far One-Man-Nation. I guess we'll find out next week if he attacks Daniels what the deal is. I always like Tomko as the big enforcer more than a singles guy, and having him be in Joe's corner at the PPV would be good for him and make him relevant right away. I'm not sure whether it'll be Joe or AJ who wins, but if Tomko helps Joe wins, it'll boost them both as top heels (a lacking area with Angle turning face and Booker not being around and no one caring about Rhyno). Eventually having Morgan side with AJ could be a great team feud between the four of them, and help Morgan and Tomko gain more credibility.

At first I believed it was Daniels. It made sense, and with Daniels being in the triple threat it would be a nice twist. It would make their match more intense, since to me their love and friendship thing is over played.

But now, with the reports and some of the other posters saying it's Tomko, I really hope it's true. I am not a Tomko fan at all. Never liked him, only tolerated him when he and AJ were a comedy duo(well AJ was). But with that said I think it would be kill if he came back. It would be a surprised(well I would be surprised if I didn't read the internet)and since Styles & Tomko have a past, it works.

I don't really know who it is for sure(nobody can be 100% sure), but for some reason I'm rooting for Tomko.

i say tomiko cuz of the reports but i think that before they reveal the attcker they will have a bunch of attackings solely to the stars like aj and danials

I'm expecting more attacks this week and next week, but they'd be pretty stupid to give it away on free TV. If it's a return like Tomko, under these circumstances, they need to have that revealed at Turning Point.

Let Styles think it was Daniels, calling him out, with Daniels saying it wasn't him, and then at the PPV, mid-match, have Tomko come through the crowd (after a ref bump), and do it again. This sets up a feud between the 2 starting that Thursday, and makes the return seem like a big deal, so the feud is believable.

I laugh at how easily everyone forgets his run in TNA before. He was pretty damn good working with Christian, both as a teammate, and as an opponent. I'm not expecting him to come in and take the world by storm, but a quick run with AJ, and then maybe some matches with fellow big men Hernandez or Morgan could pay off in the end.

i say tomiko cuz of the reports but i think that before they reveal the attcker they will have a bunch of attackings solely to the stars like aj and danials

:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back