Thrash Answers Music Questions!

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
Now, my last one got archived because I left this place for a while, but this time I want it to stay alive!

I like to think, as a musician, I know quite a bit about certain aspects of music & I wanna run the WZ Band tourney soon, so why not ask me some questions on my music tastes? Just like kb does with wrestling questions, I'll do it with music.

Also, I'm not afraid to hand out my opinion, do if you just wanna know what I think on something, ask.

Boring, spamtastic questions:
*Favourite Chris Cornell incarnation?
*Best live performance you a) attended b) have on DVD?
*Travis Barker or Keith Moon? (loaded q#1)
*Best and worst album of 2012?
*Thoughts on Coldplay?
(loaded q#2)
*Favourite wrestler theme used in WWE/TNA a)currently b) ever?

Exciting, "bearly legal" questions:
*When you rise to power, which genres would you ban in your fascist state?
*If you could kill five musicians, who would it be?
*Your user name is Try Hard With A Vengeance. Where does this "Thrash" come from? A stage name?
*WHEN THE FUCK ARE YOU POSTING BAND-PHOTOS??? I've been curious since I joined the fed...

Thoughts on Alt-J, Foals, and Arcade Fire.

Name three active bands that you consider to be putting out good music (you can't use either of the above).

You're a Nickleback fan, aren't you..

The Gazettes: best band ever or second to the Beatles?

Is this a joke or...?

Boring, spamtastic questions:
*Favourite Chris Cornell incarnation?
*Best live performance you a) attended b) have on DVD?
*Travis Barker or Keith Moon? (loaded question #1)
*Best and worst album of 2012?
*Thoughts on Coldplay?
(loaded question #2)
*Favourite wrestler theme used in WWE/TNA a)currently b) ever?

Exciting, bearly legal questions:
*When you rise to power, which genres would you ban in your fascist state?
*If you could kill five musicians, who would it be?
*You're user name is Try Hard With A Vengeance. Where does this "Thrash" come from? A stage name?
*WHEN THE FUCK ARE YOU POSTING BAND-PHOTOS??? I've been curious since I joined the fed...

Soundgarden
Foo Fighters, 2011, Camden Roundhouse. Seriously, search that shit on YouTube. Grohl chucks a guy out.
Moon.
I'll get back to you on that one. I think off the top of my head though, The 2nd Law takes best.
Fucking hate them.
Currently; Cult of Personality. Ever; Real American.
Rap. Still don't get it.
Bieber, Two of 1D, Taylor Swift & Ronnie Radke
Thrash is my characters fed name, taken from my favourite genre of music.
There's loads on my Facebook from when I saw Foo Fighters, Alice Cooper & Biffy Clyro (different nights & years)

Thoughts on Alt-J, Foals, and Arcade Fire.

Name three active bands that you consider to be putting out good music (you can't use either of the above).

You're a Nickleback fan, aren't you..

Alt-J have a half decent song, they sound like drones.
Foals are lovely to listen to. Blue Blood was one of my favourites to listen to when it came out, it's pretty epic. Old songs like Cassius are classic too.
Arcade Fire are a band I've never really listened to, but have only heard good things about.

Fall Out Boy (I think they're being inventive), Biffy Clyro & The 1975.

Meh, a little.

Why all the Nickleback hate here on the forums?

Favorite Rush song/album?

I don't really know. I like a few of their songs, but never understood the hate.

Rush, I've gotta go for the song I first heard, which was YYZ. It hooked me into them immediately, that opening bass is just lovely, with the strange syncopated rhythm. When it comes to an album, I'm torn.

EDIT; anyone asks anything now, I'll answer in the morning.

Damnit Thrash! ANSWER US! Why all the hate on Nickleback?

Nickelback is hated because their music is way too safe and tame, and it comes off as way too polished for a band that considers themselves "rock and roll". It's like music someone's dad listens to, in order to be cool with their kids. It's perfectly competent music, but it's bland, boring, stale, same-y shit compared to other artists with talent and artistic meritc who have to watch Nickelback fly to the moon, knowing that they were bred by some music industry big-wig.

They're manufactured in the same way Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears were.

Edit: Sorry if I hijacked your thread a little bit there, Thrash.

*Which member of Greenday will be the first to go?
*What's your favourite combination of Serj Tankian facial hair?
*Is ACDC still cool?
*Do you have a relative that was conceived at Woodstock?
*Where did a) Nirvana's bassist b) good bassists disappear to?
*If you could be a groupie for any musician... who'd it be?

Which member of Greenday will be the first to go?

Go as in die? Or go as in "leave the band"?

If I had to pick one to just go & leave, I couldn't. They're at a time now where nothing seems to be too big to split them up, not even BJA's recent drug abuse.

If you mean die, then I'll probably pick Tre Cool. He's definitely the "bigger" of the three, and when you look at them, he also looks to be the most worn. Obviously, they've all done drugs before, but I think Tre would be the first to fall.

Oh and MTB, here's a photo I snapped from the Foo's Gig in 2011 & one from the Alice Cooper gig last year;

523424_368232706599072_1829384591_n.jpg

283573_126322310790114_8365790_n.jpg

There's a shitload more from the Foo's gig, which is the best I've attended so far for these reasons;

- I touched Dave Grohl on the back. It was sweaty.
- I was with one of my best friends at the time.
- I had to be sick halfway through, which allowed me to meet Seasick Steve & Metallica, who were in attendance.
- Lemmy & the remaining members of Queen all performed with Foo's at some point in the night.

Thoughts on Nightwish?

I'm sure I've spoken with you about this before. Maybe it was someone else...

I thought they were great in the Tarja "era", but when they moved onto Anette Olzon, things didn't sound or feel right.

Seems like something really annoyed Anette when she left though, I know they said her departure was "mutual", but I doubt it. I did think Floor Jansen was an interesting replacement for the live shows though.

They've got stuff set up for late 2014, so who knows what's going to come from that? Hopefully, something good.

*Best bongo-player in the business?
*Best hair in hair-metal?
*One-line thoughts on:
1) The Darkness?
2) Frank Zappa?
3) Muddy Waters?
4) Lordi?
5) SRV?
*How willingly would you consider listening to songs that aren't in English?
*What song are they playing at your a) funeral b) first dance as "Mr and Mrs Thrash" c) first hump as "Mr and Mrs Thrash"?

*Which member of Greenday will be the first to go?
*What's your favourite combination of Serj Tankian facial hair?
*Is ACDC still cool?
*Do you have a relative that was conceived at Woodstock?
*Where did a) Nirvana's bassist b) good bassists disappear to?
*If you could be a groupie for any musician... who'd it be?

I've just seen this now you've edited it so...

- None, Shavo beats him all the time.
- Still dressing up in the uniforms? No. The music's alright though.
- Not that I know of.
- Green Day & RHCP. Dirnt/Flea are pretty fucking awesome.
- Steel Panther. I'd be banging a different chick in every state right? Plus, those guys seem to be having a lot of fun.

*Best bongo-player in the business?
*Best hair in hair-metal?
*One-line thoughts on:
1) The Darkness?
2) Frank Zappa?
3) Muddy Waters?
4) Lordi?
5) SRV?
*How willingly would you consider listening to songs that aren't in English?
*What song are they playing at your a) funeral b) first dance as "Mr and Mrs Thrash" c) first hump as "Mr and Mrs Thrash"?

- I don't know one.
- Nikki Sixx
- 1) Started out brilliant, fell flat afterwards, never picked up.
2) One of the greats.
3) Blues legend, not one of my favourites.
4) Eurovision made them famous, but luckily for them, that's all they needed.
5) Someone I take pleasure in listening to.
- I listen to songs that aren't in English regularly. Gogol Bordello do sing mostly in English, but they're a band who use foreign languages too. Gipsy Kings are great as well.
- A) At my Funeral... I currently don't know. The Final Countdown would be ironic.
B) First dance? Now, that I really don't know.
C) Something by Steel Panther, probably just to take the piss. "Community Property" would piss her off.

That's the longest I've ever seen it! But what I meant about Tankian is that he looks like scarecrow now without the goatee.

Best Explosions in the Sky record? Do you listen to genres outside rock? and I mean really outside rock, not something like blues...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back