Thrash Answers Music Questions!

- Unfortunately, can't say that I've heard/listened to them.
- Yeah, I listen to bits of everything, if I like it. I'm a huge Dubstep fan, I get shit on a lot for it, but I can't help it.

I have to spread more rep before the yatta yatta...Anyway, I don't think I can pick their best record, they are fucking amazing. Thrash you need to listen to these guys.

All of a Sudden... is the one album where there wasn't a single track I would skip and it just had an excellent flow the whole way through. It's very hard to pick a favourite track from the album but the build up and eventual pay off of Its Natural to be Afraid is even better than The Plane Will Crash Tomorrow.

Take Care... is pretty solid but didn't quite reach the same highs for me. The video for Last Known Surroundings is brilliant and suits the song beautifully.

What band did you used to love that you've flipped positions on for whatever reason, be it they changed their sound, or something else?

My Chemical Romance. The original "emo" sound that they had going for them worked, and as they grew up, I thought they could've dragged it down & made it darker, but the last album they released, "Danger Days", just didn't work wither at all. A lot of teenage girls did.

Another band Ive loved then hated are Arctic Monkeys. I loved them from Albums 1-3, but didn't get into 4 at all. Now I've heard the first single from album 5, I've fallen back in love with them again, but still can't work my head around album 4.

If there any bands or artists you simply just want to know my opinion on, feel free to ask! If I've not heard of them or don't feel Ive heard enough to justify my opinion, I will do my best to check them out.

Also, current favourite song - Blurred Lines.

This song has forever been tainted to me. First time I heard it was after my GF and me broke up. Every time I hear it it makes me cringe.

On a related note Imagine Dragons, you digging them as much as I am lately. Really enjoy their stuff.

I just didn't like it at first, but it grown on me.

Yeah, Radioactive is a great song. Not listened to much else, but I've got the album downloaded.

What else do you like besides thrash?

Edit: Metal wise that is.

I kinda answered this on another page, but if something grabs my attention & I like it, then I'll listen to it.

Blurred Lines is definitely my favourite song right now, and not so far back, JT's Mirrors was.

But I like Rock/Metal, all the way to World Music (Gogol Bordello, Rodrigo y Gabriela)

Oh & someone on this forum introduced me to The Glitch Mob, who are fuckinh awesome.

Just listening to Lady Writer. I think that Mark Knopfler should be a household name, but isn't. Do you agree?

In a lot of "top ten" guitarist lists, you'll regularly see a Jimi, a Cobain (lol), a Clapton, a Hammett, a May & Gilmour but rarely a Knopfler.

Just listening to Lady Writer. I think that Mark Knopfler should be a household name, but isn't. Do you agree?

In a lot of "top ten" guitarist lists, you'll regularly see a Jimi, a Cobain (lol), a Clapton, a Hammett, a May & Gilmour but rarely a Knopfler.

I would have to agree with you there actually.

The other guy I'd put in a top 10, is Matt Bellamy.

If they were, then bands like Testament & Expdus would want in as well. I think the Big 4's always been great how it is. And the concert they done together was epic.

When are you not just posting supercool pics of other bands, but showing us YOUR band photos?

Because as of right now, I have no band.

I did, 3/4 years ago. We just done covers & shit back in school for school assemblies and stuff. The best gigs we ever got were a 4 & 7 song set.

And we liked to perform a strange list of songs, just to shake it up.

You bastard, that's Metal Machine Music. Honestly, I've listened to it & I cannt grasp it at all. Its just...noise. I had to study experimentalism when I was in high school & this just reminds me of that.

However, it's also the year he released Coney Island Baby, which isn't so awful. I do like the version of Shes My Best Friend on that album.

You couldn't have just picked White Light/White Heat could you? My dad listening to that a good few years back was what got me into Reed/TVU.

Also, I'll admit while I'm here, I like three songs off of Lulu.

I would have to agree with you there actually.

The other guy I'd put in a top 10, is Matt Bellamy.

Bellamy is a huge and I mean a HUGE influence on me and probably an underrated guitar player but he isn't as impressive as many other great guitar players that has changed the way you play the instrument (while the pad thing is impressive and cool it's not going to be something every guitar pllayer wants to do).

Bellamy is a huge and I mean a HUGE influence on me and probably an underrated guitar player but he isn't as impressive as many other great guitar players that has changed the way you play the instrument (while the pad thing is impressive and cool it's not going to be something every guitar pllayer wants to do).

True, and like you, I think hes an influence on me as well.

Thoughts on the tv show Metalocalypse and the fictional/real band from it Dethklok

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back