• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Overall View Of The Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Now this isn't a complaint thread. If you have a complaint you can make it in that thread. But if you have something that you think is lacking in the forum then feel free to add to this thread. You can state that you think were too hard on spammers, but don't go into detail about your own infractions in this thread and other realated things. Bear in mind that streams are illegal, we will not be having them, so stating that is a waste of your time. What I'm looking for is more how you rate the discussion on the forum, the atmosphere, what is lacking (be diplomatic) etc. Maybe giving the forums a rating. Thank you.

I haven't actively posted here in two years (with the exception of a short spurt late last year early this yearish?) I actually Joined late 2002 and i spent a time modding here between 04 and 05 in case you are wondering. but i definately haven't been here since the revamp? but anyhow I did come across a few minor things that bugged me.

The trendy wine bar. that name doesn't exactly scream fun zone. wine bars tend to be more upscale and well a bit snuffy, what about calling it something a little less pompus, like maybe The Coffee Bar, The Lounge or the Cyber Cafe? just something a little more inviting, going from bar room to trendy wine bar is kinda meh to me.

another minor miff, the four images per post setting, thats kinda hard for the graphics forum especially. I had ten images i wanted to post and had to split it up into three posts, so thats something to consider adjusting if only in the graphics forum, though i realize you may not have access to change that

my last little gripe so far and this doesn't apply to me but since i was in charge of welcoming the nooblets for so long I kinda tend to want to protect them. the ten posts before starting a thread setting, its kinda, i dunno overbearing imo. i can definately see what you are trying to do there but its almost counter productive. you may get a great nooblet who would start intelligent topics but is not inclined to reply to topics for a while, the restriction may bore him/her and they may leave

but thats all i've come up with so far

Jake and Jonny came up with the 10 post rule to try and deter Bots, advertising, and Posters that would just spam the shit out of the site. Personally I feel that If a new poster was really good, then they could make 10 intelligent posts fairly quickly even if they don't have a full grasp of the rules, but even then its not hard usually new members who get an infraction the first time learn from it and improve.

by the way, sorry about the previous sig, I hadn't rechecked the rules as, well I helped make them ages ago. but anyhow its not against the rules to have it listed as my home page right?

As long as that home page is not another forum, I think you can put Myspace and Facebook homepages in your sign, but I'm not 100% positive, if its not listed in the rules then I would talk it over with an admin first before you do it.

well i have it listed, someone high up pm me if its inappropriate and i'll remove it. but the site is truly my homepage

The trendy wine bar. that name doesn't exactly scream fun zone. wine bars tend to be more upscale and well a bit snuffy, what about calling it something a little less pompus, like maybe The Coffee Bar, The Lounge or the Cyber Cafe? just something a little more inviting, going from bar room to trendy wine bar is kinda meh to me.

The name changes all the time now. We should have a change the bar room name thread.

another minor miff, the four images per post setting, thats kinda hard for the graphics forum especially. I had ten images i wanted to post and had to split it up into three posts, so thats something to consider adjusting if only in the graphics forum, though i realize you may not have access to change that

I'll look into doing something about that.

my last little gripe so far and this doesn't apply to me but since i was in charge of welcoming the nooblets for so long I kinda tend to want to protect them. the ten posts before starting a thread setting, its kinda, i dunno overbearing imo. i can definately see what you are trying to do there but its almost counter productive. you may get a great nooblet who would start intelligent topics but is not inclined to reply to topics for a while, the restriction may bore him/her and they may leave

This works too well not to have it in place. Like Echelon said, If you're going to be around a while then 10 posts is nothing.

Thanks.

Hello there, I have searched through the rest of the threads looking for a place to post this issue, but couldn't find the appropriate place, so I'll lay it out here...

First off, I am quite pleased with the overall atmosphere of the forums...there are good topics, intelligent and passionate posters, and the site is easy to understand and navigate. I have been here since November and have enjoyed my experience. Hopefully, I'll stay around for a while.

Now to my issue. It's not a major issue, but sometimes when browsing through the threads and reading posts for a good time, I wish to post my reply. It gets kinda annoying though after I'm done typing my response and I am required to log back in. For the most part, the site redirects me and my post is there when I return. There have been times, however, where nothing happens and I give up trying to re-type it because I went through all that trouble in the first place.

I guess what I'm getting at is the whole re-logging in thing. I understand there may be sort of a safeguard due to inactivity, but it's pretty frequent, enough to catch my attention. Perhaps it is not the site, maybe it's my browser or IP address or connection or whatever. I was just mentioning it, maybe someone knows about it, and something can be done.

That's my only gripe with the site. other than that, I enjoy posting here. Great forums....keep up the good work!

Well to solve that problem, when you log in click on the tick bit that says remember me or Keep me logged in. That should keep you logged in.

Aha...thank you. I'll try that out and see how that works...didn't even think about that.

I just joined and in the beginning I guess I didn't understand the spamming rule and got nailed for it. But since then I went through all the rules and read them indepth and have had nothing but a good time ever since. I find this forum to have very insightful and intelligent posters and the debates are great. But there is one question I have to ask. As I am going through the threads looking for ones that are interesting and I might want to reply too, I see a lot of comments from posters that have been banned. I was just wondering if those posts could be deleted. I don't want to reply to a poster or a comment when the person has been banned because they can't reply and that effectively stops the discussion. I know it's a big job but if we just keep the posts on the forum from unbanned users we could keep debates going. Thanks for the opportunity to let me aak this question and keep up the good work.

I just joined and in the beginning I guess I didn't understand the spamming rule and got nailed for it. But since then I went through all the rules and read them indepth and have had nothing but a good time ever since. I find this forum to have very insightful and intelligent posters and the debates are great. But there is one question I have to ask. As I am going through the threads looking for ones that are interesting and I might want to reply too, I see a lot of comments from posters that have been banned. I was just wondering if those posts could be deleted. I don't want to reply to a poster or a comment when the person has been banned because they can't reply and that effectively stops the discussion. I know it's a big job but if we just keep the posts on the forum from unbanned users we could keep debates going. Thanks for the opportunity to let me aak this question and keep up the good work.

Often times, the post you read by a banned poster isn't the post they got banned for. As a result, there may be a decent thought or arguement there, and leaving it up may allow yourself or some other posters to pick up the discussion where that person left off. Also, some bans are only 7 days or 14 days, and a lot of times that person will come back and have learned something from the banning. So why not let them pick up and contribute?

The mod staff will delete a post if it is spamming, flaming, or trolling, etc. But if the post is a legit post, we leave it up to encourage others to kick off a discussion. Be a leader - take control of the conversation.

I have posted this early today, but maybe the creating of other language forums. The most popular in my opinion would probably be a French forum for our Quebec users, or a Spanish for our Southwest/Mexican users. It would promote more people to use the site, and create a larger WrestleZone family

The Majority posters are English Speakers therefore it is an implied rule that the language spoken on the forum is in English. Whether American English or English English, it doesn't really matter. But English is used as the majority of the forum can understand what people are saying and can reply in kind to whatever has been posted.

I have posted this early today, but maybe the creating of other language forums. The most popular in my opinion would probably be a French forum for our Quebec users, or a Spanish for our Southwest/Mexican users. It would promote more people to use the site, and create a larger WrestleZone family

That sounds like a suggestion to me. Which isn't what the thread is about.

In general I like forum, there are good posters threads and mods. However there some arrogant and just plain ignorant posters. Finally I noticed that, due to the people and topics, the prison is more fun than a large part of the forum.

I've been here for about 24 hours and I quite like it, Sparky made me feel quite welcome.

I can't see myself leaving any time soon.

:)

I love the forum. Some threads make you think about some of your posts, but there are also places where there are random threads.

Just one thing, In the LD and the Movie sections, the explanations underneath have apostrophes for all plurals. Could you please fix that, as it just really annoys me.

I love everything about the forum. The moderators and admin staff are all great people who all really work hard to keep this forum clean. Some of the new posters create interesting discussion in the Wrestling sections particularly.

The forum is really a happy place with friendly posters who are eager to help you in any way possible. I love the rule about adding detail to your posts as I think it adds in creating more discussion and more lengthy debates. The infraction rule is fair to everyone as it makes you(well most people) learn from your previous mistakes and in some way, helps you to improve as a poster in general.

All sections are interesting and always have new discussions everyday. I wouldn't change anything as I love the way the forum is now in all complete honesty.

It's a pretty good forum, with a good community and more good posters than bad...although some of the rules are confusing and make little sense. It's better than certain forums I've been a member of, but of course has its drawbacks.

Overall its a good forum with the majority of the community being non-spammers. However, I think there should be notices given when posts are deleted. There were a few times where my posts were deleted while others who posted something similar weren't. I think notifying the poster why their post was deleted would be helpful.

Reading trough the different threads, i Must say that the forums definitely improved in every aspect. A lot of suggestions were listened: more avatars, sub-sections, the addition of some wrestling personalities, etc. One year ago, this place was in the brink of becoming a spam nest. there were a lot of alter accounts and a lot of problems.

I'm glad the drama is gone as well. Kudos to the admin staff (though I just know Jake and IC25 out of the gazillion admins in the list, lol) who keep this place better than ever. I can understand that some new users could see the rules as very strict, but believe me, it's for our own good.

Props to all, keep up the good work.

Good forum. Very well moderated - perhaps slightly over-zealously so at times - but in general a good job is done, resulting in a correspondingly high signal-to-noise ratio. Impressive, particularly as the subject of said forum is, well, pro wrestling.

Only complaint is that once or twice my posts have vanished, and I'm never quite told why...but hey, I appreciate the mod team has a lot of work to do.

The rules seem a bit petty in some cases. You don't have to make a great long insightful post for it to necessarily be insightful and therefore worthy. Sometimes debate can be encouraged by a one word or sentence post, or a joke.

Okay, but I wish I didn't have to make x number of posts before being able to start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back