WWE RAW LD 2/21/2011 - He's Here!

So Miz got his ass beat up throughout the match, then cost himself the title just to prove a point to Cena? Weird ass booking of a match.

Because the greatest feuds in history have boiled down to, "Well he laughed at be backstage!"

We're not in 2000 anymore, yo. We're in an era of wrestling where the storylines mean more than the wrestling. I don't doubt that Dickbutt/Sheamus will go somewhere, but to have it start with, "He laughed at me backstage," is weak.
If storylines meant more than wrestling, then Sheamus would have said something about HHH. After all, The Celtic Warrior was in the match immediately following the staredown.

Because the greatest feuds in history have boiled down to, "Well he laughed at be backstage!"

We're not in 2000 anymore, yo. We're in an era of wrestling where the storylines mean more than the wrestling. I don't doubt that Dickbutt/Sheamus will go somewhere, but to have it start with, "He laughed at me backstage," is weak.

Not gonna argue with you there but it doesn't have to be the greatest feud of all time. It's just a feud to get these two to Mania. That works for me.

The point of that was?
elevate Miz even more. He won the Tag Belts by himself (Cena never entered the match). Then he punked out Cena costing him the match. The 2nd half of the equation is typical Heel build, the first is to give Miz credibility. I'd say it worked.

No but them staring each other down and then looking at the Mania sign would lead me (and everyone not named Forrest Gump or Eugene) to believe that they'll collide at Mania.

The 3rd page of the results wasn't showing up for me. I missed reading it. I turned the show on during Mark Henry vs Sheamus. Damn...I'm gonna have to look that up on Youtube or something.

On top of that I get the news the Knicks made a terrible trade for Carmelo. They just traded the entire youth and future of their team. Fuck.

Very, very shitty raw ending. It was turning out to be a terrific night and it went south. That match simply was suckish for a Wrestlemania main event angle and for 3 weeks of hype I thought Taker's return was just decent. Oh well, can't say I'm shocked. Just that with Rock returning it feels like WWE's standards went way up and they need to keep up that shock value but we've gotten nothing but predictability. Will still watch RAW next week

Well, I for one am quite disappointed with tonight.

Cena's opening was perfect. Absolutely perfect. 10/10. We need more of that please.

2/21/11 - Disappointing in some ways. Undertaker and HHH returning on the same night is always cool. Wierd stand-off though. Worked for some, not for me. 6/10

Cole / Lawler - Went too far mentioning Lawler's Mom imo, but gains more heat (does he really need it??) for him and works into the storyline. One of the better moments of the night. 8/10

Main Event - W.T.F.?? Absolute waste of a segment. Wierd GM swerve and 2 title changes. Meh. Spoiled the show for me. 3/10

After the momentum they gained from last week, this one has stuttered a lot. 6/10 overall from me.

CB

The 3rd page of the results wasn't showing up for me. I missed reading it. I turned the show on during Mark Henry vs Sheamus. Damn...I'm gonna have to look that up on Youtube or something.

Was kinda cool. Though I still would've liked a bit more continuity with Sheamus & Barrett.

elevate Miz even more. He won the Tag Belts by himself (Cena never entered the match). Then he punked out Cena costing him the match. The 2nd half of the equation is typical Heel build, the first is to give Miz credibility. I'd say it worked.

Cena was in the first match. Miz started, then tagged him in later.

My biggest problem is that I'm pretty much the only person I know in my town that likes pro wrestling (that's anyways near my age, anyways), and for the first time in years, there was a buzz about tonight. While I think it was the right move to keep Rock off the show, I have to think that tonight was a letdown for a lot of the returning fans.

Also, KB and X definitely used very, very similar blog titles.

So yeah.....I was the only person that loved this show wasn't I?

I guess. Outside of the Taker/HHH return and the great opening promo by Cena, there's literally nothing at all worth watching. That entire main event was AWFUL and the booking was practically insulting.

Definitely one of the worst Raws in awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back