WWE Championship Match: The Game Triple H vs. The Legend Killer Randy Orton

This much I am sure of. If Randy Orton is going to win the match, then the match will not be the main-event. Wrestlemania will not end with a heel winning. So, most likely, Orton vs. HHH will be the last match of the night, and Triple H will win.

This much I am sure of. If Randy Orton is going to win the match, then the match will not be the main-event. Wrestlemania will not end with a heel winning. So, most likely, Orton vs. HHH will be the last match of the night, and Triple H will win.

I completely disagree, Orton closing the show as champion (probably after a McMahon heel turn, I predict Stephanie) is the only ending I can picture for this year.

HHH or Cena closing the show after winning their match would be anti-climactic, both of their characters are stales as babyfaces, and it wouldn't be a huge moment like Orton winning and having Legacy rule the WWE (although I've not been impressed with Rhodes or DiBiase yet). Also, I can't see Undertaker v Shawn Michaels being the main event, so I would be very surprised if anything but Orton celebrating after winning the title is the last thing we see before the show goes off the air.

I completely disagree, Orton closing the show as champion (probably after a McMahon heel turn, I predict Stephanie) is the only ending I can picture for this year.

HHH or Cena closing the show after winning their match would be anti-climactic, both of their characters are stales as babyfaces, and it wouldn't be a huge moment like Orton winning and having Legacy rule the WWE (although I've not been impressed with Rhodes or DiBiase yet). Also, I can't see Undertaker v Shawn Michaels being the main event, so I would be very surprised if anything but Orton celebrating after winning the title is the last thing we see before the show goes off the air.
Heel don't close Wrestlemania with a win, unless there is a MAJOR turn. I mean, just look at EVERY Wrestlemania, and try to find where a heel wins. There are three times that a heel has won the main-event. Wrestlemania 9, 16 and 17. Wrestlemania 9 saw Yokozuna beat Bret Hart, only to minutes later get beat by Hogan. Wrestlemania 17 saw Austin TURN heel to beat Rock, with a massive swerve.

So, basically, there has been only ONE Wrestlemania where a heel went into the match and came out of it a winner. And that was Triple H.

No, if Orton's going to win this match, it can't be the last match of the night, or there has to be a major swerve (like a MITB being cashed in). Vince isn't going to close the 25th Wrestlemania with a heel getting booed. He wants to send the fans home happy.

HHH or Cena closing the show after winning their match would be anti-climactic, both of their characters are stales as babyfaces

Yeah, having one of the two biggest faces in the company beating the evil superstar to win/retain their belt would be a massive let down wouldn't it? Who would want to send the fans home happy at WreslteMania?

I smell a shock, and the shocks would be BOTH titles being retained at Mania. I'm sure this has never happened. This match has to main event, so Sly's right, HHH will win.

Heel don't close Wrestlemania with a win, unless there is a MAJOR turn. I mean, just look at EVERY Wrestlemania, and try to find where a heel wins. There are three times that a heel has won the main-event. Wrestlemania 9, 16 and 17. Wrestlemania 9 saw Yokozuna beat Bret Hart, only to minutes later get beat by Hogan. Wrestlemania 17 saw Austin TURN heel to beat Rock, with a massive swerve.

So, basically, there has been only ONE Wrestlemania where a heel went into the match and came out of it a winner. And that was Triple H.

No, if Orton's going to win this match, it can't be the last match of the night, or there has to be a major swerve (like a MITB being cashed in). Vince isn't going to close the 25th Wrestlemania with a heel getting booed. He wants to send the fans home happy.

Stephanie turning on her husband and joining Legacy wouldn't be a major swerve? Especially if she were to kiss Orton, can you imagine the crowd reaction? Although I don't know if HHH would let that happen, even for a storyline haha.

I think that would get a much bigger reaction than simply HHH winning and retaining the title, that would kill Orton's momentum dead, even if he won the title a couple of PPV's down the road, it would be too late, after the promo they did last week, Orton has to win at Wrestlemania, and he will, and it's not gonna be in the middle of the card, it HAS to close the show.

Orton/Triple H has to close the show with Orton coming out on top. I don't care about history or the fans leaving WrestleMania happy. Orton finally beating Triple H and locking himself in as the company's top heel is the only finish that makes any sense. WrestleMania 25 should be the beginning of the next era in WWE history. I'd like to see them change their logo and everything. The next five years should be spend building up the Cena/Orton feud that will culminate at WrestleMania 30. Either Big Show or Edge should win the WHC match and keep that title on SmackDown and Orton should bring the WWE Title back to Raw.

The biggest thing for me in this match is Triple H's "big match" experience in both a WrestleMania and non-WrestleMania setting, Randy cannot compare experience like that with Triple H and because of that I feel Triple H has the nod. I think he will show up focused and well trained for his big title defense with Randy Orton and Randy will let his cockyness get the best of him and lose this title bout. Randy's only hope in this one is to use his speed advantage to weat HHH down and hopefully apply some key submissions to the same leg that HHH had repaired years ago and maybe aggrivate the old injury enough to win the contest.

Your winner and still WWE Champion - Triple H

Now back to Orton, he has never beaten Trips in a important singles match

He beat HHH in the L.M.S. match at No Mercy '07. He's just never beat him in a situation that couldn't be questioned (HHH fought two matches and was "hurt" entering Orton's rematch).

Anyways, I like both of them, so it wouldn't piss me off if HHH won, but since RKO is my co-favorite, I hope he pulls it off. I don't think it helps Randy at all to not have him go over HHH, because he's unquestionably taking the road to greatness right now, or has at least be sent out on it. Say HHH wins clean, Orton failed with the Rumble win, the rivalry doesn't have much flexibilty after this, and he looks weak.

All I can see coming out of this is either Orton winning "dirty" or Orton not caring as much about the belt as (and eventually) knocking him out with a punt.

I think WWE are under the impression that they've got themselves another Rock vs. Austin here. They haven't. This feud just isn't good enough to feature that frequently on PPV & WWE TV.

This match will be just as solid as it it has been the other dozen or so times it's happened. But I don't see how anybody can be excited about a match that's happened multiple times.

I wish WWE had tried something new. A heel vs. heel, Orton vs. Edge match.

Well, Triple H thinks he has his Rock vs. Austin, unfortunately for him, Orton is twelve years his junior, and Orton's career feud will more then likely be with John Cena. This is another desperate attempt by Triple H to try and say he "made" someone. This feud has been shit thus far. The promo a few weeks ago was god awful and the home invasion thing was laughable. It wasn't terrible, but it was far from great.

If I was a casual viewer though and saw that shit going on, I would have probably laughed and changed the channel. Here we are, about 4 weeks into this feud, and I don't even think I've seen the WWE Championship anywhere the last month. Um, WWE, you do know this is wrestlemania right, you know the showcase of said championship. You might want to include at least a glimpse of it sometime in the 8 week build up between No Way Out and Wrestlemania.

Well, Triple H thinks he has his Rock vs. Austin, unfortunately for him, Orton is twelve years his junior, and Orton's career feud will more then likely be with John Cena. This is another desperate attempt by Triple H to try and say he "made" someone. This feud has been shit thus far. The promo a few weeks ago was god awful and the home invasion thing was laughable. It wasn't terrible, but it was far from great.

If I was a casual viewer though and saw that shit going on, I would have probably laughed and changed the channel. Here we are, about 4 weeks into this feud, and I don't even think I've seen the WWE Championship anywhere the last month. Um, WWE, you do know this is wrestlemania right, you know the showcase of said championship. You might want to include at least a glimpse of it sometime in the 8 week build up between No Way Out and Wrestlemania.
But Shocky, the re-did an angle from 11 years ago and had Triple H illegally break and enter into Orton's home! Attitude Era FTW!

I agree with you. It's been crap. Triple H vs. Orton is a TERRIBLE choice for Wrestlemania. It will be boring and unappealing. Cena vs. Orton would have been a better choice than Triple H, and that's been done even more recently. But, at least there would appear to be a good reason for the feud, not to mention it would feature two Raw guys fighting for the Raw title.

It'd be better all round if they'd come up up with some original matches. The past two WrestleMania's did very well. Probably down to Trump & Mayweather. This year it doesn't appear as though they'll have anything that'll draw as well as those two matches.

It doesn't look like Rourke will be involved in a match, and with three weeks left I doubt him just showing up would have much of an effect now. Cena should be having a huge match at this show. No Edge, no Orton. They should have got in Hogan, Austin, or at a real stretch, The Rock.

There's no reason to buy this show at all. Backlash is a rematch show. But this year the same can be said about WrestleMania. At least with previous events there's been something that you knew wouldn't happen the month after. Flair/HBK, Mayweather/Big Show last year. Trump vs. McMahon the year before. Even HHH vs. Cena in 2006 was the biggest match they could've promoted at that time.

y2jake I agree with you. Im only buying it because its wrestlemania, shawn michaels vs Undertaker is on it, and a surprise COULD happen, but probably wont. Screw backlash even, just buy DVD's. For this match buy No Mercy 07 they wrestle twice on that.

I've got No Mercy 2007 on DVD, along with Unforgiven 2004, Survivor Series 2004, Royal Rumble 2005, WrestleMania 24, Backlash 2008, Judgment Day 2008 & One Night Stand 2008.

Those are just the shows off the top of my head that have matches involving HHH vs. Orton, in some shape or form. It's safe to say I've seen this match. I also think it's safe to say that it'll take a lot to make this match into a classic.

It wont be a classic. These two work mediocore at best with each other. The build up is SO lame. Im sorry Raw last week with the house, the 5 people (WTF were these people anyway?) in there was just horrible. HHH is not a bad ass. I'm sorry he's not. The camera man outside when Orton got thrown out just happened to be out there, and the others happened to be in the house. If your under 10 and enjoyed it ok thats fine, but as a true wrestling fan I found this horrible. If they never feuded before it would still suck, but the fact they have and we just saw it 9 months ago made this that much worse. This made WM22 when he came out like a gladiator seem like gold and normal and I thought that was the dumbest thing I have ever seen.....

On a side note I LOVE Edge, but their promo on Raw with him Cena Big Show and Vickie pretty much sucked. Edges expressions were great, but even Edge seemed lost not at what to say but what he said just seemed lost.

WM25 is a Judgement Day type of lineup besides HBK vs Taker and MITB.

I don't think it's being worked as the best in WWE's history, but this is some of the best build-up I've seen in a very disappointing few years of wrestling. I think this is good for wrestling right now, and I'm intrigued, I'm not going to lie. You have two top performers, hate them or not, that can put on a better show than most. Relaxing and enjoying is better than being pissed by the inevitable.

I have to agree with sly, HHH/Orton does not make sense to me. I get that hunter and steph are married but correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember Hunter beating the living hell out Vince a couple of times, yet on his recent interview with JR he brings up Vince's age and how horrible it is for Orton to have kicked him..... Hasn't Hunter done worse to this "old man"???? I have been wanting to see and actually long term angle with cena/orton since cena's injury yet that appears to have been underdone if not forgotten.:banghead:

I have been wanting to see and actually long term angle with cena/orton since cena's injury yet that appears to have been underdone if not forgotten.:banghead:

Don't worry, we will get to see that, they are both young enough that they have the potential to be the Rock vs Austin of this generation. HHH is getting on so this is one of the last time he can face Orton at Mania properly. IF Orton wins, then who better to put him over than the Game? And if he loses, who better to save the McMahons than the Game? This is the Mcmahon's show, they are entitled to their moment at this special show.

I have been ferociously backing this feud since it started, and I am not going to stop now, even though last night's segment (I refuse to call it a match) sucked. The story has gone from HHH all alone against Legacy defending his family, to HHH and his family removing Legacy to getting Orton alone. It should be the heel removing the faces friends.

Nevertheless, it is still a hot feud.The hatred between the two characters is believable, you can just tell both are wanting to get their hands on one another and when they do it will be explosive. It won't be a pretty match, it won't be a technical wrestling enthusiasts type of match it will be a brawl but the storytelling will be top notch.

I would bet on Orton winning with an assist from a McMahon, of course, Trips is not going to put Orton over clean. But the McMahon I expect to turn is Shane. The way I see it, he was working along with Legacy all along because Steph kicked him off RAW claiming it was HER show and Vince sided with her, losing his match against Orton was planned so that HHH would step in and take the title to RAW, I suppose Shane would take control of RAW when he's in with Legacy and they have the World's title.

I heard they might make the match No DQ which would indicate there will def be some sort of interference here.

I have not full read this thread but want to pass on my thoughts on how this match might finish. (although 2 posts up has the same idea!)

I dont think there has been a swerve finish at Wrestlemania for many years, they hardly do run ins on PPV's like they use to. I think we will see Vinnie Mac come down (obviously to aid HHH) but he turns on HHH and helps Orton to take the title and put him over big time. Vince reveals that the kick to the head was what he needed and he knows Orton and Legacy are the future and backs them. Vince has been a face for a fair while, he is so much better as a heel, i think we will see Vince go back to his best at Mania 25.

I think that Orton goes over tripps cleanly and then thinks that he is done with HHH. then at the draft, HHH is drafted to raw. i can imagine Ortons face after that happens. like at the 2007 or 2008 draft when edge beat Cena for a pick and great khali was drafted to Smackdown. lets have Orton beat someone for a pick and then HHH drafted to raw, or have Orton win the battle royal and draft HHH and someone else:icon_razz:

The fact of the matter is that history isn'T on Orton's side, that is if this match is the main event of wrestlemania. Out of 24 wrestlemania, only 2 heels won the main event at wrestlemania and one of them was a heel turn so technicly is only 1 and that was HHH at wrestlemania 16. Plus another problem is that the way the storyline is build, it doesn'T make sense for Orton to win at wrestlemania. But who cares about what makes sense or history anyway since wrestlemania 25 will probably go down as one of the less profitable wrestlemania in history.

I really don't see Randy Orton winning this match for a few reasons. Triple H likes to win, and he hasn't won on the Grandest Stage of Them All since WrestleMania 19 when (with Ric Flair) he went over Booker T, with that match being far from the top of the card. Triple H is due for a WrestleMania victory and I wouldn't be surprised to see it come here.

Also it makes little sense for Randy Orton to win the title in my opinion. The McMahons dominate the wrestling business and I doubt they would let one of their own go down to Randy Orton, who beat them all up, in their biggest show of the year. Storyline wise as well, I think Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase need to be built up a bit more before Orton wins the title so they can throw some swerve around in Legacy. If they hand Orton the title now, Rhodes and DiBiase will still be his followers like before and their part in the group wouldn't have changed.

And of course, as WWE likes to keep their fans happy, the faces tend to win the main events at WrestleMania. Though Randy Orton is getting cheered more and more recently, ultimately Triple H is one of the top faces of the company and I see him going over here in what will most likely be considered the main event.

Also it makes little sense for Randy Orton to win the title in my opinion. The McMahons dominate the wrestling business and I doubt they would let one of their own go down to Randy Orton, who beat them all up, in their biggest show of the year. Storyline wise as well, I think Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase need to be built up a bit more before Orton wins the title so they can throw some swerve around in Legacy. If they hand Orton the title now, Rhodes and DiBiase will still be his followers like before and their part in the group wouldn't have changed.

Wat do u mean wont let go down. As it stand, all the McMahons (except Linda) has been punted by Orton, last year, Orton punted Triple H in the head to retain the title. Wat makes u think that Orton cant beat Triple H again. If Orton wins the title, Rhodes and Dibaise will serve as henchman to the Champion (like how JBL had his Cabinet). When i look at Legacy i see a combination of "The Cabinet & Evolution", henchman sent to do the dirty work, while they still possess good wrestling ability. As they become better, I believe that Ted will rebel against Randy and have a really good feud.

Anyways.... I believe that Randy will go over Trips, however, Orton will eventually lose tha title to a top face (good choise would be Trips) and feud with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back