The Future: Randy Orton

Rokitka

Brian Rokitka, Wrestling Fan
Wrestling has been my passion for about eight years now and I loved the fact that the WWE has produced so many superstars during those years. I’ve loved many of the wrestlers, including; Steve Austin, The Rock, Mick Foley, Triple H, Undertaker, and many others that I have not yet mentioned. Even though I still love these wrestlers, it comes a time where each of them needs to let go of their spotlight. That is why I’m writing this article about “The Legend Killer” Randy Orton.

Ever since the creation of Evolution by Triple H, there has always been one wrestler that stood out in my mind. Randy Orton is the one that stood out, not only did he have the looks, but he had the skill that would carry him into the future. Evolution was the best place to put Randy Orton at the time. With Triple H as the leader, Randy Orton was the one I could see that would turn away from the group and carry on his own. With the help of Triple H, that is exactly what happened to Randy Orton.

When Randy Orton had the IC Title match again Mick Foley, people thought that Randy Orton couldn’t hold his own. This match even surprised me; I didn’t know that Randy Orton would go toe-to-toe with one of the toughest hardcore wrestlers in the history of the WWE. Even though Randy Orton was bloodied at the end of the match, he still came out the winner to retain his IC Title. All my friends who were watching this match were cheering for Foley, but I had faith in this young stud to gain his reputation as the “Legend Killer.”

Chris Benoit was the champion, and Orton lost the IC Title to Edge at Vengeance. What a better way for Orton to broaden his horizons than to go after the man that Triple H can’t defeat. Triple H would do anything in his power to make Orton win; this was a good way to push Orton, because this would prove that Orton would be better than Triple H. The match was set at SummerSlam, and if all of you know your history, you know what happened. Randy Orton once again proved without a doubt, that he is the future of the WWE.

Triple H would want the title and Orton refused to hand it over to the man that brought him into Evolution. I believe that thanks to Triple H, Randy Orton is where he is to this day. The whole feud between Triple H and Orton was what set Orton for his journey that he is now on. Even though Triple H beat Orton at Unforgiven, I still believe that Orton should’ve gotten a long title reign than what he was given. Orton is still young and I do believe he still needs a little work, but his gimmick is set and his wrestling abilities are there.

Randy Orton, the future of the WWE and probably would go down in the history books when the time arrives. I believe fans should give this superstar a chance and let him show everyone, like he showed me, what he is capable of doing. I’ve always enjoyed watching Randy Orton wrestle and I loved every promo he has been in, simply because Randy Orton has what they call “IT”. The self-proclaimed “Legend Killer” proved without a shadow of a doubt, that he is a true legend killer. His matches are great and his passion for wrestling is running in his veins.

Thank You For Reading This Article.

i think if randy sorted his act out stopped wiv da durgs nd that came back got straight down to buisness in the next few years i can see him being the fute of this buisness he is a good wrestler but if he carries on with the attitude hes got now i belive vince will punish him by not putting him in the title run jus my opinon

whether good attitude or not, he is the future. its gonna happen.

I think that the fact he's the future is pretty obvious. He's been far up the cards now for ages and, IMHO, producing some pretty decent matches and I honestly don't think he was carried in any of them. This Edge & Orton vs DX thing is leading somewhere, my feeling is that it's the WrestleMania main event. Then you have the fact that he's a great heel (which I think protects him a lot from the criticisms that other young superstars get).

Yeah, Orton's the future. He has the charisma, the heel appeal, and he's not terrible in the ring. Well, he's lackluster in the ring but wrestling ability is something that the WWE apparently doesn't care too much for. He'll be World Champ again in time...

I do think that in 5 years time or so Orton will be carrying the WWE. He is not the finished article yet. He still seems to have an attitude backstage that could stop him and he still has to learn how to wrestle as a face but he will be a very major player for the forseeable future

I'll tell you what, let's get Orton some training, get him an acting coach to make his whole act a bit more believable, and stop forcing him down our throats in much the same way they are forcing Cena down our throats, and I might start to believe there is more to him than an HOF father...

stop forcing him down our throats in much the same way they are forcing Cena down our throats

Theres noway Randy is getting forced down our throats half as much as Cena is... Every other segment its either Cena in it or his movie preview.. Randys only on the show whenever he has a match..

But to the topic. Sadly he is the future.. I really dont think his anticks backstage will give him any less of a chance then he already has.. Notice how hes the only one that failed the drug test twice and only got a suspension with no pay..

I believe Randy is horribly over rated.. He isnt anything special in the ring at all.. All he has is mic skills, charisma and thats about it. But the WWE likes that so that wont take away from there expectations..

You hate Randy Orton or you like him he is one of the very best Wrestlers that Wwe has ever seen Randy Orton needs to work out more on his mic skills. Also he has Cowboy "Bob Orton" his father a Legend and Hall of Famer so he can have a big name for himself in the Future.
Wwe needs to push Randy Orton far more than they are, If Wwe makes Randy Orton World Champion or make him join DX then surely Orton will be the next Rock,Hogan or maybe Ric Flair.
Wwe just needs to give him enough Glory so he can Rise through the Ranks.

The guy got Attitude,RingSkills what else do you want?

Orton is a great heel and he was also great as a face. Given the right time and used in the right way i think he could easily be as big as The Rock.

I no longer like calling superstars the next so-and-so, I think we should appreciate them in their own right. Orton is definitely a great superstar but I disagree that WWE haven't been pushing him enough. You don't want to rush these things....

I've always liked Orton, from his beginnings to where he is now, and I do think he is the future of the business. With that said, he is the only one that can screw it up, with the drug test failings and his attitude backstage. WWE knows that Orton is the future, otherwise he would of been fired long ago, but I think even they won't take his crap forever, so now is the time for Orton to show he is that damn good and not have the attitude behind it. For those people who say that Orton is an average to poor wrestler, the fact is that right now, there aren't many wrestlers in the wwe who are better wrestlers. As well, look at the mega stars of the past: Hogan, Austin, the Rock, they were as big as it gets, but they all had probably the same amount of wrestling skill as Orton, if not less. I see Orton and he reminds me a lot of the Rock, back when he was a heel and all.

craigmac said:
Orton is a great heel and he was also great as a face. Given the right time and used in the right way i think he could easily be as big as The Rock.

I have to disagree with you simply for this reason, wrestling is not big enough anymore to produce superstars that are as big as the rock. They could not make another Hogan, Austin, and they cannot get DX to be as big as it was.

At school, whenever I win an argument I throw up an X with my hands, or say "two words" and everyone knows what it means, but whenever I have taken time to ask them how they know, it is because they watched wrestling in the late 90's. Almost no one I have regular contact with watches wrestling, and if they did they wont admit it.

Wrestling is simply not the cultural phenemonon it was in the 90's, and the 90's is what produced those stars. RAW used to consistantly pull in 8 and above on Mondays for ratings, now they seem to be excited when they pull a 4.5.

Now granted it is going to take someone who can be the next Rock to build the industry back up, I just cannot see it ever happening. I love wrestling, but I don't think it will get back to where it was in the Attitude Era because it has a stigma, and is a social taboo now. But if it were to get back to where it once was, I would predict Orton would be close to, if not at, the very middle of it all.

I think Orton will be the future.. & whats with a lot of you saying he has no skill in the ring? I think hes a great heel and i wouldnt want him as a face but i thought like last week when edge asked him to join together to face DX already he was getting chants; i think he'll be face soon. & its good that WWE isnt pushing him too fast,if they were he wouldnt be the 'future' of WWE, everyone would get sick of him. You'll see if he stops the drug use & the attitude, he'll be the next HHH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back