• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Championship: Triple H, Batista, and Shane McMahon vs. Legacy

i can see randy orton in the next week or so saying to batista remember how triple h kept you down in evolution and would'nt give you a title shot and made you do all the work and then screw you like he did me and why are you fighting for triple h dont you want to be champion then batista thinks about it and want's a title shot to so vickie makes if batista pins any member of legacy he will be the new champion then thairs tension between triple h and batista in the match randy orton rko's batista and wins triple h blames batista then they feud for abit while randy orton feuds with someone else then at summerslam randy orton vs triple h vs batista for the title

When i heard the match made, i immidiatly had a flashback of king of the ring 2000. But honestly, i think Randy lost a hell of a lot of momentum at Wrestlemania. That match was terrible and it made Orton look like a main event jobber. I think in order for Orton and Legacy to be taken seriously as a legit stable, they need to walk away with the W at backlash. In editon, i think Legacy needs a 4th person, to manage them....someone like Shane McMahon. I think shane should turn heel and join Legacy. it wud make sence being that Shane wud be carrying the Legacy of the McMahon family and bringing int he new generation. it wud take Legacy to the next level if shane was backing them. Plus i think all the mcmahons make better heels anyways...however i think that WWE doesnt wanna upset their PG 9year old audiance so they'll most likely have a cheezy ass ending as always.

Triple H is one of the greatest wrestlers, and I think he has proven himself. It took him a long time to get where he is, and he has put more than one guy over in his time, Bastista, Randy Orton, Shelton Benjamin.

bigred007, you have it all wrong. People like orton because of what he brings to the ring. Yes, he lost at those events, but that's because of the storyline. He really is the future of the company, whether you like it or not. You're acting like he sucks at a wrestler cus he lost the title and stuff but guess what, it's not in his control! it's in creatives. and right now creative is all about him. He's going to be the WWE champ in 2009, and hopefully at backlash.

Ok here's my opinion on the situation.......Batista hasn't been a heel in what 4 or 5 years?........now is the perfect time for him to turn on Triple H....He will get back with Randy Orton...and there will be all this talk about how, Triple H held them back when they were in evolution and blah blah blah......WWE is so predictable these days......I could be wrong.....but I have been watching for about 12 years now.....and nothing they do now surprises me.

Orton was just as bad in that match as Triple H. Orton has had a win over Triple H so this "Triple H never loses" or "undefeated streak" is asanine. So tell me when Triple H will finally beat Batista. Why do so many people forget that he has beaten Taker once? Goldberg I don't believe was ever pinned in WWE and not a lot of people complain about him.

Anyways, Orton has had two chances to be in a title match at Mania and both were flops. Im not excusing Triple H. I have seen better. He should have been better. But Im starting to believe that Orton is over-rated in the ring. (For all of those that want to say "told you so," go ahead.) His best matches are Taker and HBK. Heck, those two could make you think I should be the next champ. His only other great match was against Foley.

I want to see Team McMahon go over in this one. Then I want Orton to completely snap and start taking out EVERYONE. He comes into matches that have nothing to do with him just to punt people. He goes crazy and then gets a HitC or Extreme Rules match with HHH, which he completely dominates him and ends it with a punt to win the title, and put HHH "out with in injury" so he can go film Thor and whatever else he wants to do in that time.
And if you want to continue the crazed Orton angle, have C.M. Punk come down after the intense match and take Orton out and take the title he just spent all this time trying to get away from him.
Or, since everyone seems to want Punk to lose his MitB trade in match, have him come down and have Orton destroy him too, giving Orton more credibility by beating Punk right after a crazy, bloody, match with HHH. Only problem here being, it really buries Punk to have him lose after Orton has been through a match that he put everything into.

I like the way you booked that until the CM Punk thing. Tbh HHH should retain at Backlash because Orton deserves to win the title one on one. Perhaps have Rhodes or DiBiase (prefferably DiBiase as I think Rhodes is better) get pinned by Batista or HHH (Shane pinning anyone is unfair to whoever takes the pin). Have the two stooges get beaten down and Orton run away looking scared. Then have HHH say Orton will never get another shot at the title, leading to Orton and Legacy going on a beatdown spree until the GM (whoever it is) gives in because they don't want the whole roster to be out of commission.

Team McMahon, with Triple H, Batista, and Shane, face off against Randy Orton and Legacy (DiBiase and Rhodes). However, the title is on the line. If a member of Triple H's team wins, the game retains the title, but if a member of Legacy wins, Orton becomes the new champion.

My initial thoughts, its fucking King of the Ring 2000 all over again. This is yet another way for Triple H to get out of a title without putting someone else is over. I honestly thought that this ship has sailed with me, but it hasn't.

These two had the worst main event in Wrestlemania History aside from LT vs. Bam Bam Bigelow. This feud has just been bad the entire time. Randy Orton is the future of the company, and he's going to get the title without going over Triple H, it's pathetic. It's aggravating.

Look, I'm not one of those that are angry that Triple H retained at Mania, I'm angry because the match and the feud has been terrible. The match was an utter embarassment, and it's clearly not going anywhere. Randy Orton should get a clean pinfall, one on one match, victory over Triple H, and it's not going to happen.

Two things. I don't believe that this feud has been bad. I personally think that it has been one of the best feuds in a while. It was like the attitude era of old. To say that the feud has been bad for the entire time is way wide of the mark. People on these forums have said that the feud is very good.

Secondly, What makes you think that Randy Orton is going to win. I personally think that Triple H's team will win, mainly because Batista is back and it would be a mistake to make him look weak and get pinned this early back.

There are several different avenues for this match to go:

1. HHH wins thus ending the feud with Orton or otherwise they meet one last time at Judgment Day.

2. Orton wins the title by pinning HHH and starts another feud while HHH goes back to Smackdown unless he moves to RAW in the draft.

3. Batista turns on HHH to help Orton win so they can join forces.

Out of these possibilities, I see the second one being the strongest. I wish the draft was the RAW after Backlash because it would be more interesting. If HHH gets moved to RAW, I see him retaining. If he stays on Smackdown, I see Orton winning. That means Batista would stay face because RAW needs that second mega-face so Option 3 is most likely out. There's still a chance for Option 1 but that could mean Orton and Legacy being drafted to Smackdown but that is slim.

I like the idea of this main event. I'm pleased that Rhodes and Dibiase get a run out in the main event here because they haven't had much to do as of late. Imo the best outcome here would be to have Cody Rhodes win (I prefer Rhodes to Dibiase and think he is more ready at this point to pick up such a huge win) the match for his team thus earning Orton the title. That way, not only do we have a new champ but a young star also gets put over.

Orton has had a win over Triple H so this "Triple H never loses" or "undefeated streak" is asanine.
In a heavily gimmicked match which was Triple H's third of the night.
So tell me when Triple H will finally beat Batista.
True, Batista is just about the one person Triple H has put over without later paying back the loss.
Goldberg I don't believe was ever pinned in WWE and not a lot of people complain about him.
Um, yes, they do.

Anyways, Orton has had two chances to be in a title match at Mania and both were flops. Im not excusing Triple H. I have seen better. He should have been better. But Im starting to believe that Orton is over-rated in the ring. (For all of those that want to say "told you so," go ahead.) His best matches are Taker and HBK. Heck, those two could make you think I should be the next champ. His only other great match was against Foley.

Triple H is a good worker, sure, but for you to say Orton is a bad worker is ridiculous. He's had excellent matches with pretty much everyone on the roster. That's like saying Triple H is over-rated because his quota of legendarily good matches is rather thin. No, that's wrong: Triple H is not Bret Hart or Austin, and never claimed to be. Neither is Orton. Orton and Triple H just have bad chemistry together. They've never had a particularly good match. Like Punk and Edge. Those two are awful together, yet excellent against most others.

All I know is that Randy better win this match. It sucks that he can't beat HHH in a one-on-one match, but beggers can't be choosers.

Although I'd like to see the McMahon heel turn that should've happened at 'Mania, I don't see it happening here. I don't know why, but I don't see Batista to coming on the losing end in his first ppv match back. I also don't see Batista turning either. Afterall, why would he? Randy kicked him in the head and "injured" him, so he has little reason to want to help him. Then again, Dibiase got punted too and look where he is.

Hope Orton wins, even though it won't mean anywhere near as much as a WM victory would have. But I wouldn't be surprised to see HHH and Co. walk out with the victory

Also, could this be a more lopsided main-event? Shane McMahon, Batista, and HHH agaisnt Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase? Wait, what? On paper, Legacy doesn't stand a chance. It's basically Legacy taking on Mt. Olympus.

What if Shane and Batista both turn on HHH? It would be hard to pull off without both of them not fighting, so there would be some fighting, but if they are gonna turn, why not both? Or maybe a rare double turn, where they do turn on HHH, but then Rhodes turns on them and HHH still wins? Cody's been the whipping boy and considered by many to be the weak link, so I expect him to leave Legacy more sooner than later.

Well, you want a swerve in this match...how about Rhodes and Dibiase turning on ORTON! Then, they both join HHH and Batista and form a new version of Evolution! OMG!!

Tell me you wouldn't drop your jaw if that happened.

Gotta think outside the box, guys. Or else, we'd have HHH beating everyone. Wait.

I Think if batista joins legacy (which dosent make sense because he isnt a 2nd or 3rd generation superstar) but he joins legacy and later on he and orton have issues who are the leader of legacy and who is the better man and extra or batista stabs hunter in the back and becomes his own man

Triple H pinned Goldberg in an elimination chamber didn't he? so there goes Goldberg was never pinned. maybe not, that was al long time ago.

but if we are going for perminitions for Backlash

I'll throw this one in. and will keep the Orton marks happy
Either Vince, Shane or Batista cause Triple H to lose inadvertantly or maybe Stephanie comes out and cause Triple H's team to become distracted then the team loses. They've done that b4 with Stephanie being a distraction which caused Triple H to lose multiple times leading to them splitting up on screen the first time.

Another option,

Batista was on a major losing streak as far as championships are concerned b4 Orton sidelined him which could be a catalyst for him turning

Batista also has the same beef with Triple H that Orton does, and assuming Batista's time in WWE is short they might want to throw in a De-Evolution style fued again. Batista/Orton beating Triple H down. Problem with that is Batista still has a beef with Orton aswell unless they just state that was a shoot to make Triple H think it really happened.

if those don't happen i fail to see Legacy winning legit. as was stated Cody Rhodes is nothing, Ted Dibiase Jr. hasn't really done anything impressive as far as Legacy is concerned so it'd basially be Orton vs Triple H, Batista and Shane. take out Rhodes/Dibiase and Shane, they are non factors that leads to a handicap match 2 on 1
Hunter/Batista vs Orton.

The only way that it would make sense for Orton to win this would be if someone of Triple H's team turns. I'm guessing since Batista just came back, they wouldn't want to turn him and he doesn't fit in to the "2nd generation" qualification for the Legacy.

So, that means Shane turns and joins the Legacy, maybe Vince will join them too. That would make one hell of a stable and maybe take some of the spotlight off Rhodes and Dibiase.

If Orton wins this match, he should be able to pin Triple H semi-clean in the rematch to legitimize his championship win.

The sad thing is WWE stole this concept from TNA they had a tag match like this i can't remember who or when but they had a match like this. Aside from that though this match could go either way for entertainment value. I think it'll be okay with Batista making the save and hitting a spear on Rhodes, a spine buster on Dibiase adn a batista bomb and pin on Orton. mark my words.

I think its highly possible that Shane will turn and join legacy. He will fit the bill as a second generation wrestler and mainly mouthpiece manager role like flair was in evolution but with power in the company. If you remember they were hinting at Shane or Stephanie arguing over power and becoming heelish a while ago when they returned after Adamle was let go. They never did anything with it though. But this could be a big angle if Shane joins legacy, claiming her realizes the future of wrestling is with legacy and that vince, hhh etc are getting old. But then again they might also not want do it because it has been done before with Shane vs WWE and Vince many times like Invasion and Ministry angles but this could turn out better.

It's pretty obvious Batista being added to the match is just a way to set up a triple threat at JD, Batista will either be the guy scoring the pinfall, or the guy getting pinned, if he scores the pin then I can see him demanding a title shot, only to have Orton come out and stir some more shit leading to a triple threat that way, if Batista takes the pinfall, then I see Trips coming out pissed off at him and cutting a promo on how Orton never beat Triple H for the title and demanding a rematch, while at the same time demanding a match with Batista too, I don't see this match as a simple excuse for Triple H to drop the title without taking the fall, I tend to think people read waaaaaaay too much into shit like that simply because they just want another reason to bitch about the guy, all I see this match as is a way to move from the Trips/Orton feud into a 3 way feud with Batista added to the mix

I think they are setting up a triple threat match between Orton/Batista/Triple H. The main event on Raw with whoever scores a pinfall gets Orton will cause a rift. The trouble should lead to problems at Backlash leading to Orton sneaking in a pinfall over Shane and becoming the WWE Champion. Then Triple H & Batista will become involved setting up the triple threat match for Judgment Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back