• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Championship: Triple H, Batista, and Shane McMahon vs. Legacy

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Team McMahon, with Triple H, Batista, and Shane, face off against Randy Orton and Legacy (DiBiase and Rhodes). However, the title is on the line. If a member of Triple H's team wins, the game retains the title, but if a member of Legacy wins, Orton becomes the new champion.

My initial thoughts, its fucking King of the Ring 2000 all over again. This is yet another way for Triple H to get out of a title without putting someone else is over. I honestly thought that this ship has sailed with me, but it hasn't.

These two had the worst main event in Wrestlemania History aside from LT vs. Bam Bam Bigelow. This feud has just been bad the entire time. Randy Orton is the future of the company, and he's going to get the title without going over Triple H, it's pathetic. It's aggravating.

Look, I'm not one of those that are angry that Triple H retained at Mania, I'm angry because the match and the feud has been terrible. The match was an utter embarassment, and it's clearly not going anywhere. Randy Orton should get a clean pinfall, one on one match, victory over Triple H, and it's not going to happen.

I was initially skeptical when this match was first announced, then when the title was put on the line I immediately thought of WCW as this is the sort of ******ed shit that I remember from back in the day.

Then when Batista was announced I thought "Ah, clever stuff" and now I'm convinced that Batista is going to screw over Triple H by laying out Shane in the middle of the ring and allowing Orton to get the pin, then starting an angle about how much of a bastard Triple H was back in Evolution to Batista and Orton, and then Triple H going "I'm not a nice person damn it".

Either that or Batista wins it for Triple H and then turns on him, I just can't see the character of Batista being pleased about defending the title for somebody else, the title stipulation definitely adds intrigue to an otherwise RAW caliber main event.

My first thought when Vickie announced the championship stipulation was that Triple H just didn't want to be pinned in order to lose the championship to Orton.

With Batista in the picture I'm hoping that he is going to turn heel and screw Triple H out of the title. Either Batista turns on Triple H in the match or to make things more interesting, Batista could be the one pinned, costing HHH the title, which could start a gradual process towards Batista's heel turn. He has been Face for so long now and he has gotten really stale.

I think it will have it's advantages and dis-advantages but as far as the feud itself goes, i enjoyed it, i thought it was great to see the side of triple h that does care which they never played on before - if anything it was always triple h beating up his family so i quite enjoyed it. I thing the advantage will be that it can set up a number of angles to carry on after backlash including the ones that have already been thought up in a previous comment whilst the dis-advantage is that, as already stated, triple h isn't putting randy over and will likely lose the belt through someone else being pinned. I would also like to say that i can see a possible feud between triple h and batista afterwards with orton pinning batista to win the title...it's been well documented that triple h has expressed his desire to turn heel again so i can see triple h beating down batista after orton pins batista for the title. All thats needed then is a face challenger for orton which would likely be cena with edge winning the world title at backlash and staying on smackdown after the draft which then ends his whole thing with vicky guerrero as well. This is just my idea and everyone will likely disagree with it but there you go.

At first, I thought that this match was a new and unique match, but then I found out that this exact match happened at King of the Ring 2000. I was unaware of that, but now I'm not as excited for the match. Triple H as the WWE Champion is nothing new and it has been proven in the past that he will either hold the title for a short time, and then quickly regain it or he'll have a long title reign and barely lose during his reign.

I would love to see Randy Orton become the new WWE Champion, but I'm not sure if it'll happen. The most likely scenario is that Batista will let Triple H retain with one of them getting the pin. After the match, Batista will either turn on HHH or turn on him at a later time. I don't think Batista will align himself him ''The Legacy''. I think HHH retains, Batista says he wants a title shot, HHH accepts, then Orton gets in and we have a Triple H vs. Batista vs. Randy Orton match for the WWE Championship in the near future.

i could see a batista turn or for that matter shane o mac turn. Think about it. He is 2nd generation and isnt that what the legacy is about

My big prediction was Batista comes back at WM and screws the GAME. ok I was a month off. this is obviously the plan.............. so it will change. and HHH pins rhodes retains the belt, and the WWE does something dumb again, because we all figured it out

I can see Legacy winning, by having RKO pin Batista. Then HHH gets pissed at Batista and that starts their feud over again.

Well let me sum up my feelings on this match in two words. The first word is "Boring", as in it'll be a snoozefest just like the Wrestlemania main event was. I'm slightly intrigued by Batista making a return here, but it's Batista so that intrigue will quickly dissipate into thin air. I really don't get why they have to have this type of match, and to put the WWE title on the line no less, unnecessary.

The second word is "Cop-out". This is just a way for Triple H to drop the title without actually being pinned. I know it's the same thing being said about Triple H over and over again, but really if they want to make Orton champion, they need to make him look dominate and actually pin Triple H. I don't foresee this happening if Orton becomes champ at Backlash, and if he does pin Triple H, its after somebody turns on him, which of course he could blame as being cheated out of the title blah blah blah and get a rematch.

If they wanted to go this route, they should have had Orton go over Triple H at Wrestlemania and Vince could have announced the match as such with the title on the line. I think that would have been a better route than Vicky looking more powerful than Vince by inserting new rules into the match. It would make more sense to me that way and it would make Legacy look more powerful, especially if Shane or Vince turns on Triple H in the tag match. Instead at the rate it's going now, Legacy is looking like the Mcmahon family's bitches. But no, instead we'll have Triple H dropping the title by either being turned on or without being pinned. Orton will look like a cheap champion at that point unless they do some serious work to build him back up.

Or you know...I could be completely wrong and Triple H will continue being champion, either way, it looks like a yawner of a match. to me.

i could see a batista turn or for that matter shane o mac turn. Think about it. He is 2nd generation and isnt that what the legacy is about

Shane is 4th generation but i do kinda want him to be the one to turn. other than the possibility of someone turning i really don't have much interest in this match.

Im tired of having to sit through shit matches with the McMahons in them. I have absolutely no interest in this feud anymore, and the addition of Batista is a slap in the face to me. 3 months of intense build for HHH vs RKO and now after a lousy finish to a lousy WM main event followed by Batista joining the mix. This is exactly why TNA is actually a known company, even though its terrible people are happy to see something other than WWE's half assed storytelling.
The only good thing that can come from this is Randy punting Batista into retirement.

I thought about it being KOTR 2000 again as well as that it means Orton will win the title in some way or another...great...cheers Vince!

One thing I thought is how Cody is always getting isolated, what if he gets the pin for Orton to win and it leads to Orton/Dibiase going against Cody? But not putting Cody in the main event but running around causing annoyance until they face off maybe?

Batista is goingt to turn on HHH and cost him the title. Then CM Punk is going to cash in the MITB and take the title from Orton.

What danahm said.

I'm just curious as to HOW CM Punk cashes it in. See, Orton has the Legacy behind his back, so Punk can't Pearl Harbor Orton. I think it sets up Punk v/s Orton at the Great American Bash. Punk NEVER lost the title...so Punk gets his revenge on ORTON!

I kind of would like to see Triple H lose the title without being pinned. I can almost hear Orton's promo the next night:

"Looking for something Hunter? (holding the title). It's got to be eating a hole inside you that not only am I the champion and you are not, but that I didn't even have to pin you. I couldn't have even planned for it all to go this well." Goes perfectly with what Orton is about.

The only thing Im hoping is that we dont find out after somehow Triple H gets screwed in his re-match, we find out Orton is Vickie's new lover.

Of course that is probably where Batista sounds off with something like he isn't finished with Orton. In fact, he's just barely started.

For the record, Triple H has already put Orton over. No Mercy I believe it was where Orton lost to HHH, HHH beat Umaga, and then lost the title back to Orton. Does anyone remember the beginning of the Age of Orton?

Orton will win after Shane is pinned.
HHH isnt going to take the fall. Neither is Batista.
I could see Diabiase pinning Shane and setting up a little min fued between the two.

Either way Orton takes the belt Guaranteed

it wont be the last of orton nd triple h. orton will win the tittle at backlash then the game gets his rematch at judgement day. this thing is geting old we need new main eventers

it wont be the last of orton nd triple h. orton will win the tittle at backlash then the game gets his rematch at judgement day. this thing is geting old we need new main eventers

You people who have a hard on for Randy Orton were all wrong. He LOST at Wrestlemania 25. He LOST the belt last year at Backlash and LOST again at One Night Stand. People just need to get over the fact that Orton isn't that great. Yes having Triple H the champion is getting old and he's only at the top because he's the boss's son-in-law blah blah blah, but Orton is highly highly overrated. Yes he may have been the youngest World Heavyweight Champion ever, but LOST at the next PPV making him the youngest transitional champion in history

This is how I see it.

Orton or a member of Legacy challenges Shane O Mac in the next week or two before the ppv. Shane is unable to fight so they throw in no other than mr money in the bank, CM Punk in the match.

Batista gets the win for the team, but the rest of legacy tries to take him out, while in the ring is punk and HHH, Punk cashes in the MITB case, his heel turn on HHH leading to a decent little feud with them.

And so continues HHH's never ending undefeated streak. It was bad enough he didn't let Orton go over him at Wrestlemania, after pretty much destroying and dominating Orton in just about every other match they have had, it looks like he'll be dropping the title again without ever being pinned. As mentioned, shades of KOTR 2000 this match is. I guess this match is better than another 1 on 1 match. After getting humbled again by HHH, this time on the biggest stage in Wrestling, no other 1 on 1 win will ever get Orton back on track or above HHH with the Wrestlemania loss hanging over his head. So enter screw job where Orton gets the title, and hopefully this time is able to keep HHH at bay.

The wildcard on everyone's mind seems to be Batista in this match. A heel turn is a viable option for Batista, and would set up feuds between HHH and Batista while Orton fights someone else for a while. Batista turning on HHH and joining Legacy in the match doesn't make much sense. He doesn't fit the mold or description of Legacy and would never be someones lackey again. If WWE does push this as a likely scenario, then I see them throwing us a curveball as they did all 2008 when we expected one thing and got something else.

Vince put himself in the match first, then took himself out and put Batista in. Vince appears to be an alia and then backs out. Vince backs out. Hmmm... well it seems to me the WWE needs drawing power and Vince has always been at his best as the evil boss. I would not be at all surprised if at Backlash he turns on his son Shane and HHH and alines with Orton and Legacy. Vince is a 3rd generation, same as Orton and could both lead a power trip and form a stable to rival the corporation. Throw in potential Legacy member DH Smith and maybe one other and you have a surefire heel stable for the next year. Orton will be in power and probably hold a long title reign while he and Vince screw over HHH Batista and all other competition.

This scenario will make the WWE happy (maybe not us) because...

HHH won't be defeated and hence won't look weak and will be able to move away from the WWE title again.

Batista will continue to play the role of the last 2 years and seemingly will always be screwed out of the belt.

and Orton will get a long title reign that the WWE hopes will do more for him than a legitimate win over a big star.

So in conclusion, WWE believes screw jobs won't hurt wrestlers and long and non-dominating title reigns will build wrestlers, and that straight up wins or loses will do nothing..... that's smart long term planning :thumbsup:

Orton or a member of Legacy challenges Shane O Mac in the next week or two before the ppv. Shane is unable to fight so they throw in no other than mr money in the bank, CM Punk in the match.

That makes no since whatsoever. Either Batista pins a member of Legacy or Orton pins Shane. Simple as that. No way Batista takes a pin in his first match back, and HHH won't take a pin, either. And Orton's not getting pinned either. Look for this feud to continue and eventually turn into a three-way match with Batista/Orton/HHH...depending on the draft.

Is anyone else generally disappointed with Batista replacing Mr. McMahon? I mean, I've said it before and I'll say it again.. Batista is the trained Wrestler in the situation, as opposed to the 60 year old Chairman. However, the storyline decreased by taking out a McMahon family member, and adding in an unknown element.

It sets up one of two scenarios.

The first being the course of nature in which Batista logically screws over Triple H. to go in his own direction about disliking Triple H. It'd set-up a mini feud between the two, that didn't surround around the Championship.. allowing a possible Orton/Shawn Michaels feud, or Orton/Punk feud.

The alternative would be.. nothing happens. Batista helps Triple H. retain, then feuds after Orton, while Triple H. meaninglessly continues his reign as Champion, for no reason other than.. he can.

At any rate, regardless of the outcome being in favor of Team McMahon, or Team Legacy. The fact of the matter is this.. Batista is fucking with the system. Vince needed to be in this match, more than Batista, mainly if for no other reason than it would've helped Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase look better.

Orton will cancel out Triple H. That would leave a match-up between the McMahon's and the Rookies. With Batista now in the mix, he's too powerful to be beaten down by any member of Legacy, other than Orton. So only Shane can truly take the downfall in this contest now.

The greatest, ******ed, ending that could possibly come of this would be Cody Rhodes pinning Shane McMahon. Why? Because in the record books, it'd literally show Rhodes d. Shane - W.W.E. Championship title change to Orton. How fucked up would that be. :lmao:

At any rate, the Championship at this point is almost playing second fiddle to this entire storyline and I couldn't be happier because of it. I could care less who walks out as Champion, as I'm assuming Punk will have a final say in who leaves with the title. (In theory, anyways)

I'm much more centered and curious as to which McMahon member could still openly turn on their Family. I'm holding out for a personally great heel turn by Stephanie, in which she full on kicks Triple H. in the nuts, then makes out with Randy Orton. How fucked up yet fully amazing would THAT be. It's like adultery, that's a storyline.. yet NOT! And we've already crossed a line, somewhere, considering Orton is married.. played that into the storyline.. then kissed Stephanie a week back, anyways.

I just got through watching Orton/Cena v/s the entire Raw roster from last year. It was a good buildup to a solid match between HHH/Cena/Orton at WM 24. I would give ANYTHING to see something along the lines of what was said by BigWill. Talk about some fucked up, repugnant shit. Of course, it's PG now, and that adultery stuff wouldn't fly with the advertisers. LOLZ.

Here's my scenario on what I would personally like to see happen...

HHH/Batista/Shane are about to finish off Legacy. Batista does a flashback to the Elimination Chamber where he beats up everyone. He Batista bombs Rhodes and does a number on Dibiase throughout the entire match. The one thing that a few people would pick up on is that Batista and Orton never come into contact with each other the entire match. That would have a lot of meaning. Orton takes punishment from HHH and some from Shane, too. The end of the match would have Batista bombing either Dibiase or Rhodes...then you see him turn around to HHH and give him the thumbs down. HHH looks on in disgust as Stephanie, who's at ringside goes behind HHH and low blows him, then pushing in the ring for Batista and Orton to have their way with him, beating the hell out of him and Shane.

Boy, Raw the next night would be electric. Anyway, it's hopeful thinking and if this actually does happen, the WWE stole my idea. Hell, I'd let them if they did stuff like this weekly. Call it my donation to the wrestling world. I'm sure BigWill would like this, or a variation of it anyway.

I honestly think we are going to see a Batista heel turn. He will dominate the match and then Trips will come in and finish it off. But Batista will have none of that and he will take out the game, leading to Orton capturing the gold and then we move on to a Triple H/Batista feud.

what i would do in this match is have shane screw triple H out of the title, and then at the next ppv, have it be Triple H and Vince vs Orton and Shane in a street fight. The outcome of that would be Vince would screw triple H. This would of course lead up to an elimination chamber match, in which it would be Triple H, Shawn, Vince, Shane and legacy. The build up would be people would be wondering if Shawn would also screw triple H or not. At the end you would have shawn win the title and have him hold it until Wrestlemania. Triple H would keep asking for title shots, and shawn would keep telling him he doesn't want to fight his friend. Triple H then wins the rumble and for shawns last match at Wrestlemania it would be a grudge match for the title in which both men would be unable to continue and based on that there would be a big tournament that would start the next night on raw.
I feel if they did this, it would make the fans happy and give us a well though out story line..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back