WWE Championship Match: The Game Triple H vs. The Legend Killer Randy Orton

LOL The political king. OK so the defeaning cheers whenever he wins or his music hits that all his stroke too? He obviously has total control over that aswell.

Get Over Yourself.

Triple H hasn't had a long run in a few yrs. Sure he's always in the main event spot but thats cause he is "That Damn Good" and is a huge drawcard and will be the future of the company outside the ring

If ya think he was that egotistical why he woulda let Orton win it off him the first time? or Edge repeatedly beating him? or Shelton benjamin beating him 3 times in a row or even jeff hardy gettting over on him. or for that matter let anywone beat him ever!!!

And how many times has he won at WrestelMania? very few.

Hell if i was in that boat and was the bosses Son-in-law i'd expect preferential treatment and have to win at the biggest PPV of the yr every time.

Grow a brain, he does what Vince tells him to do just like everyone else. Does he have some say in how the match goes sure, but in the end it's Vince McMahon's/Creatives decision

if ya don't like it don't watch.

When did I say I don't like it? I just said he is the political king backstage. Remember his old song that he used for like a month: 'King of Kings'. Well I think he used it to show the power from within. He probably does control Vince, seeing as all the trust Vincent puts in him I wouldn't be surprised to see HHH doing most of the storylines and Vince just adds bits here and there.

Orton and Triple H most likely won't be a great match, but it would be decent. Decent because if Triple H wins, it was expected. If Orton wins, the match would be better due to the element of suprise. However, I don't think that will happen.

In a one-on-one match, Triple H and Randy Orton can certainly perform. Their athletic ability is outstanding and most likely will put on a good match. Will Triple H win? Yes. Should Triple H win? No. Triple H has been around quite some time. And face it, he's getting sort of old (for a wrestler). I think it's time for him to step down from always being in the main event. He needs to start doing like Undertaker's doing. Not always in the main event, feuding with young guys to teach them, and not having the strap 24/7. Randy Orton is a young guy. He's a perfect example for someone like Triple H to lose the title to at WrestleMania. Take the belt of Triple H and put it on Orton. That would be nice. That is what I think should happen.

Triple H will win, in my opinion, because he's Triple H. He's like John Cena. He hardly ever loses. Triple H wins everything, so why wouldn't he win at the 25th anniversay of WrestleMania? He will. He should lose. He would kind of "pass the torch." But he won't.

Orton will win... He has too much momentum not to. And who said he listend to vince? he don't have to he has creative control which means if he don't want to lose he don't have to

I doubt Orton will go over HHH with the current storyline of Orton taking out the McMahon family, if you think about it, first he took out Vince with his punt kick several weeks ago at Raw, then Shane tried to get revenge on Orton for kicking his dad but also got taken out by Orton last week then he RKO's Stephanie, so I think HHH will get his revenge on Orton at WM XXV for taking out the McMahon family unless they do a swerve & one of the McMahons help Orton beat HHH

Randy Orton vs Triple H for the WWE Title. That sounds like WrestleMania XXIV's main event. Why does the WWE insist on making old matches or matches that are the same to some extent? Why not Randy Orton vs Edge for a change for the World Title? This match even happened like at 5 other PPVs. Your thoughts?

Randy Orton vs Triple H for the WWE Title. That sounds like WrestleMania XXIV's main event. Why does the WWE insist on making old matches or matches that are the same to some extent? Why not Randy Orton vs Edge for a change for the World Title? This match even happened like at 5 other PPVs. Your thoughts?

Well first off Edge/Orton would be a heel vs. heel title match, not exactly something you want headlining your biggest show of the year, WWE wants to portray storylines were it's good vs. evil, not evil vs. evil, who are you suupose to cheer for in that?!?, and why would parents want their kids to cheer for the bad guy?!?, Trips/Orton have an incredible storyline to work with going into WM, it's just drenched in pure emotion, and with so much time before WM it'll only get more emotional, Trips already want to kill Orton for what he did to his wife, can you imagine how much pain he's going to want to inflict by the time WM gets here?, sure these two have battled each other a bunch of time but never have they had a storyline as personal and as stack with emotion as this one

When did I say I don't like it? I just said he is the political king backstage. Remember his old song that he used for like a month: 'King of Kings'. Well I think he used it to show the power from within. He probably does control Vince, seeing as all the trust Vincent puts in him I wouldn't be surprised to see HHH doing most of the storylines and Vince just adds bits here and there.

I really hope you are kidding with this post, because you couldn't be more wrong. Sure, HHH does have political power backstage, but so what? Hogan has power over what he does, as do other people who work in the business, once you elevate yourself to a certain level you are given some say in what you do and what you don't do.

Has HHH taken that step a bit too far? I don't know, maybe. But lets look at what he's done, he created evolution and elevated Orton and Batista to what they are today. Batista's feud with HHH made him the star that he is today, HHH made that guy look good in a match which is saying a lot, he puts over guys when he needs to and should be appluaded for that.

I swear, any time this guy wins a title, you people come running out yelling "political power!" and that he doesn't deserve to be a champion. He's one of the BEST supersars in the business right now, and just because he's a part of the McMahon family doesn't mean the things he does in his career are tainted or undeserved.

They didn't HAVE to put the strap on him for that though did they? Orton could have easily RKO'd Steph at Mania or after and HHH and Orton could have fueded after the draft.

That would be stupid and make no sense at all, why would Steph be in the ring at WM, to check on Cena?, she could give a shit less about Cena or any other wrestler on the WWE roster that Orton might face, with the exception of Trips

Yet more hot potatoing of the WWE title wasn't needed at all. Why couldn't Taker have won the belt and dropped it on SD to someone else?

A.)they needed to put the belt on Trips in order to give a reason for him to be in a match with Orton at WM, Orton won a #1 contender spot for WM at the RR, why would he pass up a shot at wiining the belt on the grandest stage of all, just to face Trips, unless Trips had what he wanted, which is the belt, and B.) your saying the WWE didn't need to hot potato the belt, and then in the same sentance say they should have given it to Taker, so he could drop it to someone else on SD!, you completly contradict yourself, you don't think they should hot potato the belt yet your suggestion is for them to hot potato the belt, WTF man?!?

My point was that HHH doesn't need a legit reason to win the belt and drop it 7 weeks later.

Umm yes actually he did, cause otherwise this match would make no sense as I stated before, Orton gets a title shot at WM, in order for Trips to face him and get payback, he needs the title so that Orton will have a reason to want to get into the ring with him, it's common sense really

Besides, before yesterday they've hidden the HHH/Steph marriage from the public eye.

Yes which is why everyone in the world already knew they were married in real life, please:rolleyes:, I've talked to people who are not smarks by any means, people who know very little about the behind the scenes shit that we do, and they all knew Steph and Trips were real life husband and wife, WWE hasn't done shit to keep it a secret

To suddenly re-introduce him as Steph's husband is typical of current WWE booking. "Fuck what we've done before now, this is what we're doing now." is WWE's current stance on writing.

How many of the current fans remember the Steph/Trips divorce that happened like 5 years ago?, not many most either forgot, wern't fans at the time or just plain don't give a shit

You know. To be completely honest. I think this has a very strong chance of ending in a DQ. I know everyone and their mother and grandmother will be pissed about a title match at WM being ended in a DQ. But think about it. Trips is fucking PISSED about what Orton did to Stephanie. If I was him, I would go full blown crazy when I got my hands on him. Do anything in my power to just beat the shit out of him. It would make sense. But people would also get very pissed with it.

I do think that Orton will go over here. I'm just not quite sure how yet. I think it could possibly end in a DQ though. Unless they make it a NO-DQ match quite similar to Austin/Rock WM17. We shall find out...hopefully.

I doubt it'll end in a DQ, I fully expect a either a No DQ stipulation to be added to the match or some sort of gimmick match, my Brother in law is convinced this match will end up being HIAC, I kinda doubt it, at least not at WM, maybe Backlash, but I wouldn't be surprised with some sort of Stipulation be adding to ensure that we don't get a DQ finish

It's funny. I would enjoy an Orton win at Mania, and he may well get a screwjob victory. But you have to remember that Orton just RKO'd the fuck out of Stephanie. Trips is out for blood. It would make him look rather weak if, with all this rage, he then lost cleanly to Orton on the Biggest Stage Of Them All. And he probably figures he's due a win at Mania anyway. Well, maybe that's fair enough. I just don't see Orton going over here, not after he retained last year, but then comprehensively lost out to Triple H at Backlash, Judgment Day, and One Night Stand.

It's a matter of which heel you think will win at Mania: Edge, Orton, or Jericho. Orton would be the most likely candidate in any storyline other than this one. But I don't really see the point in putting Edge over Cena. Edge doesn't need to win clean, not with his character, unless he's turning face...which would be the ultimate Edge shocker. And if Edge were turning face, you'd sort of think that Cena would turn heel, which I don't see happening for at least another 5 years. All of which leads me to think that it won't be Edge or Orton who gets the 1-2-3...but Jericho.

Personally, i think that the way the storyline is based, Orton shouldn't win against HHH at mania. This match is all about getting retribution for what ORton did to Shane, Vince and Stephanie and should and the logical ending should be HHH getting some retribution on Orton and actually winning the match.

Also, Another reason why i don'T see Orton winning the championship at Mania is that the WWE Championship did change hand at every PPV since Survivor series so it'S probably time to stop passing around the title from one guy to the other just for shock value.

Last but not less, the main reason why i don'T see Randy Orton winning the WWE Championship is that even with is waste improvement of is mic skills, he's doesn'T look like a main event performer. Until he drops Dibiasie and Rhodes, he will always take a back seat to Edge and Jericho. Randy Orton should be a bad ass type of heel that even if he'S not always able to win, he still get the last shot in, not the guy that's hide behind Rhodes and dibiasie because he'S not able to win by himself. The fact of the matter is that since he won the WWE Championship, Randy ORton lost is edge that made him fun to watch. 2 years ago, Orton was the legend killer, he was the guy that didn'T need help from anybody to take out peoples. He would attack them from behind and just beat them up until they could get up but somewhere down the road, ORton started to be a coward that need to hide behind excuse and have other peoples do his dirty work for him and that doesn't work for him. Orton need to get rid of LEgacy if he want to move up to the next level.

So for now i don'T see orton winning at wrestlemania simply because the way of the storyline as been written.

i just don't see how randy orton won't win the championship at wm 25. he won the royal rumble. if i remember correctly, the rock was the last rr winner that didn't win the title, back at wm 2000. it will waste his rr win and the huge push he's been getting since then. i rather see the end of wm 25 with orton's hand raised by rhodes and dibiase than a mcmahon reunion.

i just don't see how randy orton won't win the championship at wm 25. he won the royal rumble. if i remember correctly, the rock was the last rr winner that didn't win the title, back at wm 2000. it will waste his rr win and the huge push he's been getting since then. i rather see the end of wm 25 with orton's hand raised by rhodes and dibiase than a mcmahon reunion.

That'S not true because the last guy to have won the rumble and didn'T win the title was John Cena at last year's wrestlemania. So i don'T see why Orton wouldn'T lose this year since it would make more sense to see HHH retain anyway.

I would absolutely love Orton to win the title at WM. But I highly doubt that Vince McMahon would let the 25th anniversary of Wrestlemania go out with a heel winning the title, especially after what Orton did to Steph, Shane, and of course Vince himself.

It is pretty much given that Triple H will, once again, be the victor. Though I am so so sick of it!

I think this is very much in the balance.

You have Orton on the biggest push of his life, heading into Mania with all the momentum and a win for him would instantly put Legacy over as the top of the business, which could lead to other factions being created to challenge them. A win for him as well, in my eyes, would make lots of people upset that Orton didn't get his arse handed to him, and will tune in to RAW to see more people go after him.

On the other hand you have the classic babyface vs ultimate heel at Mania with the heel taking out the babyface's family. You are meant to hate the heel and what better way to be happy than see him get destroyed at Mania? This leaves the storyline open to continue where Orton can get the title further down the line. With this one though, a fan who might only watch Mania and never any more of the product may choose not to tune into RAW the next night as the face has beaten the heel and it is a happy ending.

But it will end up with HHH and Orton both down, the referee out, and Mr. McMahon's music playing as he walks to the ring. He'll wait for both men to stand, with all the fans cheering wildly anticipating he's going to hit Orton, but instead he'll hit HHH and seal Orton's Mania victory.

Orton will be the new Champ, if not then I quit watching WWE.
I've been thinking the same thing. If it happens like that then my assumptions would be correct. Have Vince turn on his son-inlaw and have RKO take that glorious title.
At the end with the pyro explouding have Vince Standing in the background as the legacy Di-Biase and Rhodes hold Ortons hand high in victory.

with every wrestlmainia there is a backlash. so i think hhh will go over till the night of extreme and they will have there hell in a cell match cause were else is this going. have randy lose till then and then have one of the greatsest cell matchs in history with orton finally beating hhh. so that way around hhh's retirement he can face orton and have the gimmick were orton has never beat hhh in just a singles match

I like how they have set up this match, but to me, honestly, why TRIPLE H. If i were to decide the storyline, and this is my opinion of the way it should be set. After Randy punted Shane, he shouldn't have RKO'd Steph. Instead, she recruts....John Cena. They feud, have there promos. Then at WM, Vince skrews Cena over and Orton gets the win.

The reasons why are...

-We have seen Triple H and Randy Orton in the same match 4 times just last year.
-John Cena vs Randy Orton has a fresh idea with them never having a bigtime feud
-John Cena Vs. Edge is great, but its something about it that seems dull.

This is my WM card, just a bright idea, I am liking the story between Trips and Randy, however, it could have been redone even better

I will put money on this! EVERYONE thinks he is going after HHH. He wont he will surprise everyone and pick Edge to face at WM25. This will be an amazing twist and will also give us Cena HHH 3 as well (assuming Cena is put in a title match at WM). This will give us a fresh Orton Edge two of the BEST heels right now (Jericho is also with them as well)

At least not Orton HHH what at least 10?

Im amussing that he will say i want triple h title to prove he is not scared of him but would not mind see him vs edge though heel vs heel at mania

It wouldnt make sense for him to go after Edge, as the feuds are being set up perfectly by the WWE- I mean, I know youre expecting a twist but.. the twist wuld just be dumb in all honesty. I mean, theyre doing such a good job with Edge/Cena and Orton/HHH- why would they break what theyve been working with for weeks (and working well, as the WWE's ratings have been great lately.)

I say no way to the change-up.

I see a twist happening. I think Orton will challenge Edge but Cena will come out saying that he's going to take the title from Edge and then Triple H will come out and say that he's going to fuck up Orton or whatever and we'll get a four-way match or a four-way elimination match with both titles on the line somehow. It could be epic. Orton could win both belts and he could have his reign over the WWE for some time. I think that would be sweet but otherwise I'd just stick with Cena/Edge and Orton/Triple H.

The fourway would be perfect. There was a rumor or fact going around stating the WWE wanted to make 1 title. This would be a PERFECT way of doing so.

Welp, im actually rather unimpressed with the turn this took the other evening.

We went from the actual crazy personal issue, to the student and the teacher storyline, which was done to death by these same two guys last year. Also, why on earth would they script it so Orton is the one who is all protected and such ? he is the challenger, shouldnt it be the champ who is protected ?? I dont know, it feels like they took a lot of juice out of this now.

Anyhow, should be decent nothing to write home about. Trips is infamous for putting others over at Mania, but has never done it as a face character, which makes me wonder if itll happen this time.

It will be interesting to see the crowd reaction to this match, the fans have been know to cheer the heels and boo the babyfaces in big Wrestlemania matches in recent years (Rock-Hogan, Angle-Michaels, Cena every year etc).

I don't hate Triple H like a lot of people do, but I want Orton to win this match and I think a lot of people might feel the same and cheer Orton, which you know would piss off WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back