WrestleZone Fantasy Baseball 2013?

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
I want to start gauging interest in a league this year. Last year we ran a pretty successful 14 team league - while we had a couple inactive teams as time went by, all in all we had a good go of it. 14 was a pretty fun size, I thought, as it forced us to go real deep in creating our rosters and made the waiver wire an exciting place. I'd like to go somewhere around there again.

I'd like to start getting feedback on who'd want to do it again this year, and what kind of rules we'd like in place. We did 12 CAT H2H last year which was pretty reasonable, I thought. I also thought maybe we'd expand this year, perhaps doing 7x7 with Holds and SLG added to our categories.

Discuss.

I am game for a Fantasy Base Ball league. I am also game for adding Holds. Offensively Slugging works for me too, although I'm fine with others.

14 teams? Damn 10 team leagues are tough enough with free agency! But i'd be down for it. Would this be on ESPN?

Also i'm not a huge fan of holds. I've had them in leagues before and it gets to be a pain in the ass fast.

14 teams? Damn 10 team leagues are tough enough with free agency! But i'd be down for it. Would this be on ESPN?

Also i'm not a huge fan of holds. I've had them in leagues before and it gets to be a pain in the ass fast.

I am a little worried about fundamentally altering the composition of the usual roster. But I would like to add a hitting category, and we'd need to add a seventh to balance on pitching. I proposed QS once, and that ignited a hurricane of hate, so I think we'll not go there. I don't know what else Yahoo supports.

I am a little worried about fundamentally altering the composition of the usual roster. But I would like to add a hitting category, and we'd need to add a seventh to balance on pitching. I proposed QS once, and that ignited a hurricane of hate, so I think we'll not go there. I don't know what else Yahoo supports.

The only problem with holds is it can be a pain in the ass if your set up guy becomes the closer or starts shitting the bed because there's never much for a replacement.

Being that this league is yahoo, I have my own league on ESPN already and am trying to replace my friends who decided to drop out, If anybody wants in let me know asap I have 4 spots open. Just want people who will pay attention all year.

SB, R, RBI, HR, Avg, Obp, SLG is a solid mix on offense. That 7th pitching category is always tough. I think most recently my league has been using w, qs, era, whip, k/9, sv, hld then set the min innings relatively high. Hld really isn't that bad if the rosters are big enough even if it is prone to massive variance on a weekly basis because of the relatively low number of them that occur

With 14 teams, holds would be a nice addition because of dwindling closers being available to get you save points.

Harthan, check out fantrax.com as well. Surprisingly a real nice customizable, free site.

So, I think Yahoo leagues open this week. I know there's other sites out there that have a lot of good features, but I think we're all used to and comfortable with Yahoo. It worked well for us last year, so if there's no objections, I'll set up the league as soon as we can.

Maybe if I did this, I'd care about baseball this year. Or is this not a very rookie friendly process?

Not very rookie friendly, but still fun nonetheless. Depending on how much attention you give to your team, it will result in you caring about baseball. But, yes, without a sharp knowledge of baseball team's rosters and depth at position, you'd be at a severe disadvantage when it comes to free agent waivers and improving your team when a player a is a) injured b) underperforming c) you've been ripped off in a trade and deprived of an essential part of your team.

Although, I'm sure you're aware of the many online resources that would help aid you in weekly/daily decisions if you really wanted the help.

I kinda wish there was an ability to do a salary cap league without paying for it, but alas that doesn't seem to be the case. 2 questions:

1. How many teams are we having? 14? I don't think that we should have that many as there were two guys who didn't make any moves at all and another 2 that didn't even make 10 (not that they were inactive, but they may have quit once they knew they were out of it).
2. Would anyone object into making it a keeper league? I started one last year and, while my team finished 2nd to last (after tanking once I was out) most people stayed active and it was only a 10 person league. I think that it would be funner and would give guys more willingness to keep playing to try to set up their team for next year.

Also, if we had a keeper league, would anyone be opposed to just resuming our league from last year with a set amount of keepers? We could replace the two inactives (or anyone that didn't want to keep going) with ones here. I took a quick look at everyones rosters and most had a few guys you could justify keeping. I know people weren't planning on that being a keeper league but it's all in fun anyways so what would it hurt?

I'm game for a keeper, and I'm fine with using the last year, although I'm just as fine with re-drafting this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back