Fantasy Football - Age Of Empires dynasty league

BTW, I would take Russel if you like Bortles better. I just need a back up QB.
And as such Bortles would make more sense....

It would take a top end RB to start (based on your roster it would be McCafferey), or you'd need to get a 3rd team involved.

Obviously I wouldn't consider anything until the site stops playing games. 2 years in a row the draft screws up.

And as such Bortles would make more sense....

It would take a top end RB to start (based on your roster it would be McCafferey), or you'd need to get a 3rd team involved.

Obviously I wouldn't consider anything until the site stops playing games. 2 years in a row the draft screws up

Yeah I'm getting real fucking sick of this. At least it wasn't my fault this time like last year.

Yeah I'm getting real fucking sick of this. At least it wasn't my fault this time like last year.
Does it have something to do with the non-live draft ending? Cause that's where it fucked up last year too.

Either way it is frustrating beyond belief. hopefully they fix this ASAP. That or would we consider moving sites?

Does it have something to do with the non-live draft ending? Cause that's where it fucked up last year too.

Either way it is frustrating beyond belief. hopefully they fix this ASAP. That or would we consider moving sites?

No we weren't even done with the non live draft. A pick was made and it just suddenly reverted back to pick 7.14. The reason why it fucked up last year was because I selected live draft instead of finish email draft in a live draft because I wanted to set the time limit between picks. Well live draft means doing the whole thing live, so it cleared every nonkeeper automatically and started it from round 1.

I've tried to find a site with the customization and deep rosters that Fleaflicker offers, but the most comparable site is MFL and they want $80-$90 a year for one league and I'm just not prepared to pay money for a free league where some people can't even take the time to pick within 24 hours lol.

I didn't even try to offer anything because you don't have any pieces of similar value. While Bortles had an up and down year, making him ranked lower this year, the guy is still a legit starter in the National Football League. Couple that with his age (only 25) and he should be around for a while, and bounce back to where he was prior to last year.

Your only options at the position I was looking at (Starting RB) were Forte or McCaffrey. Forte is too old and gonna be in a timeshare with Bilal Powell this year before setting off into the sunset. That means to me the only player you had I'd be interested in was McCaffrey.

Don't worry, I know you wouldn't trade McCaffrey for a guy that would backup for you. I also don't expect an offseason trade for a QB. It'll have to wait until someone gets hurt or underperforms, thus making someone have a need for a good QB.

And we're back up and running. We got a few draft picks left to finish for like 4 teams, but Fleaflicker was able to get us back to where we were with just the downtime to worry about.

I didn't even try to offer anything because you don't have any pieces of similar value. While Bortles had an up and down year, making him ranked lower this year, the guy is still a legit starter in the National Football League. Couple that with his age (only 25) and he should be around for a while, and bounce back to where he was prior to last year.

Your only options at the position I was looking at (Starting RB) were Forte or McCaffrey. Forte is too old and gonna be in a timeshare with Bilal Powell this year before setting off into the sunset. That means to me the only player you had I'd be interested in was McCaffrey.

Don't worry, I know you wouldn't trade McCaffrey for a guy that would backup for you. I also don't expect an offseason trade for a QB. It'll have to wait until someone gets hurt or underperforms, thus making someone have a need for a good QB.

Yeah...about that.

Adam Schefter said:
Jaguars HC Doug Marrone said his team's starting QB job is up for grabs, waiting for Blake Bortles or Chad Henne to win it.

I wasn't gonna dance on the grave prematurely.

Before anyone asks, no I'm not trading a guy who could wind up top ten for Chad Henne even if he is a "legit starter in the league " ;) :lmao:

Yeah...about that.

I wasn't gonna dance on the grave prematurely.

Before anyone asks, no I'm not trading a guy who could wind up top ten for Chad Henne even if he is a "legit starter in the league " ;) :lmao:
And look who's starting in the league Week 1. They lit a fire under him and reportedly he's been looking great in practice since.

And as I said a trade wouldn't work because I wouldn't even expect you to consider McCaffrey. Nor should you, and I flat-out said that. I never even asked for a McCaffrey/Bortles swap because I'm not an idiot. I know Bortles had a bad year and got off to a rocky start in training camp. And hell it's even possible he isn't in Jacksonville next season. It's also highly likely that he would be starting this season and next season (even elsewhere), and has put up good numbers, which is all that matters in Fantasy Football.

If Forte wasn't a cut-risk and in a timeshare on a bad team maybe I'd have thought about that, but as I said we didn't have compatible rosters for trading at the current time. And Bortles trade value will only go up during the season as needs arise.

Now onto another topic. I noticed we have a new owner? And a team name-change? Oh yeah, and the season starts Thursday. WOO HOO!

And look who's starting in the league Week 1. They lit a fire under him and reportedly he's been looking great in practice since.

And as I said a trade wouldn't work because I wouldn't even expect you to consider McCaffrey. Nor should you, and I flat-out said that. I never even asked for a McCaffrey/Bortles swap because I'm not an idiot. I know Bortles had a bad year and got off to a rocky start in training camp. And hell it's even possible he isn't in Jacksonville next season. It's also highly likely that he would be starting this season and next season (even elsewhere), and has put up good numbers, which is all that matters in Fantasy Football.

If Forte wasn't a cut-risk and in a timeshare on a bad team maybe I'd have thought about that, but as I said we didn't have compatible rosters for trading at the current time. And Bortles trade value will only go up during the season as needs arise.

Now onto another topic. I noticed we have a new owner? And a team name-change? Oh yeah, and the season starts Thursday. WOO HOO!

Yeah I got my coworker in who's going to be more dedicated during the offseason.

Welcome everyone to the Age of Empire Draft Lotto. Every year we take the teams that failed to reach the playoffs, give them weighted odds for the #1 pick, and let a randomizer select the order. We also allow the consolation bracket to determine who would receive the same odds as the team with the lowest record, and the winner of that this year was Da Master of Rage. So without further ado, the results:

Pick #6: Claymation

Pick #5: Fighting FUPAS

Pick #4: Not My Team

Pick #3: Da Master of Rage

Pick #2: Jadestorm

Pick #1: The Bowles Movement

With the second lowest odds, The Bowles Movement has secured the #1 overall pick in our draft. Congratulations to Stormtrooper!

So with that this is how our first round will shake out as of now:

1. The Bowles Movement
2. Jadestorm
3. Da Master of Rage
4. Not My Team
5. Fighting FUPAS
6. Jadestorm (Obtained from Claymation)
7. Orange Crush
8. Fat Kid Fighters
9. #BTE (Obtained from PantherPride)
10. Claymation (Obtained from The Horde)
11. Fighting Chupacabras (Obtained from Kill Nick Kill)
12. Fat Kid Fighters (Obtained from Maelstrom of Chaos)
13. #BTE
14. Fighting Chupacabras

After the first round the draft will revert back to order of standings/playoff finish.

Also Norcal and I have agreed upon some slight tweaks to the league. We are moving the keepers up to 35 total, so you will be able to keep more of your team now. We also have moved the cut day back to May 5th. This will give everyone a week after the draft to make any moves they would like with fresh information from the draft before finalizing their keepers.

As a quick reminder, to access your keepers list, on your Team Roster page click on Settings at the top of your roster, and then click Keepers on the left side. Fleaflicker has added counters to easily keep track of how many keepers you have used and have left. Please make sure to have this done by May 5th as there are no take backs once I clear non keepers. Those that are cut will be draft eligible.

Draft will commence July 1st. We will do the slow email draft for the first 3 rounds at least. We will be implementing the 24 hour rule per pick once more. After 3 rounds whatever may be done before the live draft will just be a cherry on top, but there will be no rush. We typically aim for the live draft to be around the Hall of Fame game weekend.

Finally we are investigating some new scoring rules for defensive players. QB Hurries and Hits will be a new stat once we figure out the points for them, and we are looking into Total Targets and Completions Against. The latter two are for DB's obviously, but we are still processing how we can use them. We will let you know if we decide to move forward with them.

Welcome everyone to the Age of Empire Draft Lotto. Every year we take the teams that failed to reach the playoffs, give them weighted odds for the #1 pick, and let a randomizer select the order. We also allow the consolation bracket to determine who would receive the same odds as the team with the lowest record, and the winner of that this year was Da Master of Rage. So without further ado, the results:

Pick #6: Claymation

Pick #5: Fighting FUPAS

Pick #4: Not My Team

Pick #3: Da Master of Rage

Pick #2: Jadestorm

Pick #1: The Bowles Movement

With the second lowest odds, The Bowles Movement has secured the #1 overall pick in our draft. Congratulations to Stormtrooper!

So with that this is how our first round will shake out as of now:

1. The Bowles Movement
2. Jadestorm
3. Da Master of Rage
4. Not My Team
5. Fighting FUPAS
6. Jadestorm (Obtained from Claymation)
7. Orange Crush
8. Fat Kid Fighters
9. #BTE (Obtained from PantherPride)
10. Claymation (Obtained from The Horde)
11. Fighting Chupacabras (Obtained from Kill Nick Kill)
12. Fat Kid Fighters (Obtained from Maelstrom of Chaos)
13. #BTE
14. Fighting Chupacabras

After the first round the draft will revert back to order of standings/playoff finish.

Also Norcal and I have agreed upon some slight tweaks to the league. We are moving the keepers up to 35 total, so you will be able to keep more of your team now. We also have moved the cut day back to May 5th. This will give everyone a week after the draft to make any moves they would like with fresh information from the draft before finalizing their keepers.

As a quick reminder, to access your keepers list, on your Team Roster page click on Settings at the top of your roster, and then click Keepers on the left side. Fleaflicker has added counters to easily keep track of how many keepers you have used and have left. Please make sure to have this done by May 5th as there are no take backs once I clear non keepers. Those that are cut will be draft eligible.

Draft will commence July 1st. We will do the slow email draft for the first 3 rounds at least. We will be implementing the 24 hour rule per pick once more. After 3 rounds whatever may be done before the live draft will just be a cherry on top, but there will be no rush. We typically aim for the live draft to be around the Hall of Fame game weekend.

Finally we are investigating some new scoring rules for defensive players. QB Hurries and Hits will be a new stat once we figure out the points for them, and we are looking into Total Targets and Completions Against. The latter two are for DB's obviously, but we are still processing how we can use them. We will let you know if we decide to move forward with them.
[youtube]FJbmB9k2Y88[/youtube]

Ironically I was toying with the idea of including my first round pick in trade offers. Literally was about to hit the submit button on a 3-team trade offer before taking a step back and sleeping on it. Now that it's #1 I don't have to, as I can draft the star player that I'm most definitely going to get to fill a position of need.

I even had a blockbuster trade offer involving the Quarterback position ( I rejected it eventually but was going to counter). Don't need to do that anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back