UFN 21 LD: Florian/Gomi and Nelson/Struve + Episode 1 TUF

Not really...Michael Buffer is the better announcer. But Bruce puts a lot more showmanship into it.

I personally enjoy Bruce more. I like Michael but I haven't seen him announce anything since the Royal Rumble at MSG and his acting performance in You Don't Mess With the Zohan.

I personally enjoy Bruce more. I like Michael but I haven't seen him announce anything since the Royal Rumble at MSG and his acting performance in You Don't Mess With the Zohan.

Go back and watch some of the early UFC, the classics. Michael Buffer actually announces some of those, and when you hear him, you realize how much better of an announcer he really is.

Yes, I'm watching for Gomi and so I can hopefully get into it and have something more to talk about on here.
You'd be better off watching for The Ultimate Fighter, which comes on next, and some of the older ultimate Fighters. It can really catch you up on a lot of fighters and their history.

Also playing UFC Undisputed helped interest me as well.

Kenny looks great on the feet, his stand up really does seem to improve every fight. Gomi just looks frustrated.

Florian looks fantastic once again. Poor Gomi, hopefully the UFC give him another fight that fits his style better.

See, they play up Gomi being a "Legend" despite this being his UFC debut (I believe). Imagine if WWE did this to Bryan Danielson for example. I know they're putting over his indy experience, but imagine if they bought some ROH footage and incorporated it into some video packages.

Or if they did it for R-Truth, using TNA footage. What if the whole wrestling world worked together? That'd be pretty interesting.

Florian looks fantastic once again. Poor Gomi, hopefully the UFC give him another fight that fits his style better.

Florian may be the best clear #2 fighter in the UFC. He seems to be better than anyone in the Lightweight division (I think he'd beat Sherk), but he is clearly behind BJ Penn.

Is there a better #2 fighter in a division that is so clearly not on the level of the champion?

Yeah, Gomi hasn't been too impressive since PRIDE died, and Florian is the second best lightweight in the UFC.

Too much of a challenge for Gomi. Kenny will be Lightweight Champion if BJ ever moves up.

See, they play up Gomi being a "Legend" despite this being his UFC debut (I believe). Imagine if WWE did this to Bryan Danielson for example. I know they're putting over his indy experience, but imagine if they bought some ROH footage and incorporated it into some video packages.

Or if they did it for R-Truth, using TNA footage. What if the whole wrestling world worked together? That'd be pretty interesting.

To be fair, the only reason UFC acknowledge Pride is because they own Pride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back