• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 127 LD Goes down under, to Mick Dundee's homeland

How is it worthless?

It's worthless because when people pay to watch a fight, they want to see a fight. Not one guy laying on top of the other throwing down punches that doesn't even harm his opponent.

It may not have busted up his face but as you just said yourself, it gave off the allusion that he was being more active.

Exactly, man, an ALLUSION. Nobody pays money to see that kind of crap.

Also, those shots disoriented Penn which helped to keep him down in that third round. Those punches were doing plenty to keep Penn where Fitch wanted him.

No, Penn was just in a terrible position, and he was being laid on by a guy who outweighed him by over 25 pounds. That, plus being a little tired after going 100 miles per minute for 10 minutes straight, is why Penn wasn't able to get up.

And last I checked, executing your own gameplan is the main goal when you're trying to defeat fighters of the caliber Penn is at.

And I have the right to say that that kind of gameplan is boring and guys who fight with that kind of gameplan are cancerous to the sport.

look at :53-1:00, 1:18-1:30, and 2:21-2:34, and how is that worthless that was brutal what guys like Tito Ortiz and Mark Coleman used to do. Of course and Chael Sonnan don't knock guys out using it, but they were them out, they were down their opponents will, and look for an opening.

:wtf:

[YOUTUBE]and how is that worthless that was brutal what guys like Tito Ortiz and Mark Coleman used to do. Of course and Chael Sonnan don't knock guys out using it, but they were them out, they were down their opponents will, and look for an opening.

If you read my statement again, I said HIS ground and pound is worthless. I was talking about Jon Fitch, not ground and pound in general.

Tito had some of the greatest ground and pound in the sport, and what made it so was because each punch and elbow he threw from someone's guard, he threw it with the baddest intentions of severely hurting his opponent.

Guys like Fitch only throw punches and elbows to look active so they can continue to lay there, not to cause actual damage.

If you read my statement again, I said HIS ground and pound is worthless. I was talking about Jon Fitch, not ground and pound in general

Tito had some of the greatest ground and pound in the sport, and what made it so was because each punch and elbow he threw from someone's guard, he threw it with bad intentions of severely hurting his opponent.

Guys like Fitch only throw punches and elbows to look active so they can continue to lay there, not to cause actual damage.
o okay i re-read it my bad, I agree with you on Fitch's ground and pound i understand your take on that. It's boring, but its still effective.

And Fizzy, my bad a couple typos in that statement.

It's worthless because when people pay to watch a fight, they want to see a fight. Not one guy laying on top of the other throwing down punches that doesn't even harm his opponent.

Exactly, man, an ALLUSION. Nobody pays money to see that kind of crap.

No, Penn was just in a terrible position, and he was being laid on by a guy who outweighed him by over 25 pounds. That, plus being a little tired after going 100 miles per minute for 10 minutes straight, is why Penn wasn't able to get up.

And I have the right to say that that kind of gameplan is boring and guys who fight with that kind of gameplan are cancerous to the sport.

Wasn't that the same gameplan that Tito used for years and was a massive star for that style? Obviously there is a market for watching one guy just beat the ever loving piss out of another guy. I happen to be a part of that particular market and found the fight to be highly entertaining from both guys. You may not like Fitch, but it seems like you just like to nit pick guys who beat your favorites, no offense. Were just going to have to agree to disagree because your points are meaningless to me about this, as I am positive mine are to you.

Fitch didn't beat BJ though so that's irrelevant. Tito actually beat the shit out of his opponents, and had vicious GNP. Fitch has now gone to decision in his last 9 fights. Fitch takes no risk, and just uses punches to stay active so he doesn't get stood up.

You may not like Fitch, but it seems like you just like to nit pick guys who beat your favorites, no offense.

That's not the case at all, man. You've known I've felt this way about Fitch for a LONG time. Tonight I'm just being extra critical since, yes, it happened against one of my favorite fighters. However, I've ALWAYS had this criticism against the guy; I didn't just start saying this stuff tonight because he fought BJ.

And I'm not going to lie, I did do that with Clay Guida, but the next day I admitted I was somewhat wrong (I still think his stand-up was ridiculously ******ed that night and that if he fights like that again, he will get destroyed).

But Big Foot Silva is proof that that statement isn't true. I don't like Silva, and while I gave reasons why I thought Fedor lost, I still gave Big Foot (and Werdum) all the props in the World when he beat Fedor, a fighter I like just as much as I do Penn.

Penn winning is very debatable, Fizzy. I don't really feel like debating though. I had Fitch winning and I'll leave it at that. Also, Soti and Lytle losing was very sad to see but both guys will bounce back.

You said he picks on people who beat his favorite fighters. Fitch didn't beat Penn nor did Penn beat Fitch. See where i'm going with this?

I just finished watching the Bisping fight. Loved it when he waltzed over at the end of the match and just said, "Apologise." I wish more fighters were dicks like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back