• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 127 LD Goes down under, to Mick Dundee's homeland

Good call by the judges in my eyes.

In the first 2 rounds Penn got takedowns, and took his back, and remember Fitch's style is wrestling, he likes to take people down, and grill them out the whole fight(while boring everyone else), he was a D-1 big ten wrestler at Purdue, and a Guerilla jiu-jitsu black belt, and Penn went through him easily in the first 2 rounds.

Now in the third the whole round was Fitch getting Penn on the ground staying in Penn's guard(which i was surprised with considering Penn probably has the best guard right now in mma along with Rodrigo Nogiueira), and just gave him those small yet affective strikes, similar to what Chael Sonnan gave to Anderson Silva for the first 4 1/2 rounds. Overall, especially towards the end where Penn was literally doing nothing it was clearly a 10-8 round for Fitch.

What I was worried about was that if this was BJ's last fight i just had a weird feeling that he would call it quits after this fight, his post fight interview was very mellow IMO.

Overall though a good event, especially with no titles up
KO of night: Mark Hunt
Sub of night: Tie Quan Zhang(or whatever his name is)
Fight of Nght: Sotiropoulus vs. Siver
(In my opinion)

Yea I used to be a fan of the guy, but tonight that shit was way uncalled for. Sure pre fight trash talk will make you angry, but to disrespect a man like that after you knocked him out is just trashy, and shows he has no class at all.

I'm with you JMT I thought that the third round was in no way a 10-8. Seeing as how rare 10-8s are that should not have been one. They should be reserved for the largest beatdowns like Frankie vs Maynard. I don't see how that round can compare with other 10-8s we have seen. "The Best" explain how that was CLEARLY a 10-8 round. He sat in his guard, and threw punches. He did no damage, and Penn was in no danger of being hurt, or going out. He did not utterly dominate that round. Again how can you classify that round in the same category as Frankie vs Maynard? That is clearly a 10-8 round. This, not so much.

But yeah... fuck Jon Fitch. He's a goddamn cancer to this sport.
I agree and disagree.
For a casual mma fan i defiantly agree because his fights are the definition of a piss break. The only fight he was in wear i didn't find myself taking a piss was the GSP fight.
For a current/aspiring mixed martial artist/wrestler, I would watch his fights alot and very closely, because although they are boring, he gets the job done, and he does it really well.

A cancer? I think that is a bit much man.

Sorry man, but when it's a fighter's goal to go out there and lay on someone for 15 minutes, while never trying to give the people who've paid their hard earned money to watch or attend the show any excitement whatsoever, to me, is cancerous to the sport.

I know you like Jon Fitch, man, so I try to keep the insults to a minimum, but I just couldn't help it tonight. Right now there's not a person I hate more in MMA.

Yea I used to be a fan of the guy, but tonight that shit was way uncalled for. Sure pre fight trash talk will make you angry, but to disrespect a man like that after you knocked him out is just trashy, and shows he has no class at all.

I'm not going to defend Bisping's actions, but I personally just didn't have a problem with it. Bisping pissed me off when he got in Hamil's face after their fight where Hamil got screwed by the judges (that was when I started to dislike Bisping), but tonight with all the trash talk leading into the fight... it just didn't bother me.

Just take Penn in the 2nd Round... you know why Fitch ended up on top? It was because Penn *gasp* looked to finish the fight by taking Fitch's back. Penn could have easily "grinded" Fitch in both rounds 1 and 2, but he's not a fucking piece of shit to ever do that.

Fuck that shit. He spit at the guys corner, and insulted him. There are bad losers who make excuses, and there are bad winners who need to do everything possible to degrade the loser. Fuck him.

Oh well, a draw is better than a loss I guess. Dana needs to stop being such a fucking moron and make all main event fights 5 Rounds. It's been, what, two years since it's been ruled that non-title fights can be 5 Rounds... why doesn't that bald headed prick take advantage of that when there's no title fight for the main event?

I didn't know that, I agree or at least make fights for a title shot 5 rounds then, or at least TUF rules after a draw, give them another round.

Speaking of Bisping, I was once a big fan, then I stopped for a while because for some reason he turned into a douchebag, and tonight he made me a fan again. Classless my ass.. Jorge made those videos and Bisping beat his ass for it. Bisping didn't need to be classy after that, since Jorge was nothing but a dick leading up to the fight.

But Bisping looked fucking tremendous. Chael vs. Bisping just has to happen right now, and IT SHOULD BE FIVE FUCKING ROUNDS.

Bisping didn't have to be classy, but to prance around like that, after basically winning the fight with the illegal knee, there was noway rivera should've continued dude was fucking rocked. I will say the cunt did look really good though, besides the knee, can't argue that.

Sorry man, but when it's a fighter's goal to go out there and lay on someone for 15 minutes, while never trying to give the people who've paid their hard earned money to watch or attend the show any excitement whatsoever, to me, is cancerous to the sport.

I know you like Jon Fitch, man, so I try to keep the insults to a minimum, but I just couldn't help it tonight. Right now there's not a person I hate more in MMA.

I'm not going to defend Bisping's actions, but I personally just didn't have a problem with it. Bisping pissed me off when he got in Hamil's face after their fight where Hamil got screwed by the judges (that was when I started to dislike Bisping), but tonight with all the trash talk leading into the fight... it just didn't bother me.

But he didn't just lay on him. For one thing, Penn did a great job of getting back up in the first 2 rounds and in the second round Fitch was constantly moving and kept the action going. Fitch's ground n' pound was great to watch tonight. I can honestly say I wasn't bored with that fight at all. My hat goes off to both guys, though I do think Fitch won.

Bisping didn't have to be classy, but to prance around like that, after basically winning the fight with the illegal knee, there was noway rivera should've continued dude was fucking rocked. I will say the cunt did look really good though, besides the knee, can't argue that.
Agree, you could tell he was completely lost after that knee, his eyes told the whole story, and Either Greenberg or Rogan(I forgot which one) was ranting on about how Rivera shouldn't continue, do you remember exactly how long Rivera was down i forgot.

Fuck that shit. He spit at the guys corner, and insulted him. There are bad losers who make excuses, and there are bad winners who need to do everything possible to degrade the loser. Fuck him.

Yeah, fuck Bisping. That dirty knee was one of the worst things I have ever seen in the sport. And the worst thing is he didn't even deny that it was a dirty shot. Bisping is a cunt and was a classless piece of shit tonight.

So how is it that one guy talks his ass off about how he's gonna beat someone's ass and after the fight, the OTHER guy is called classless? Jesus.

I know he did some shit that he shouldn't have (immediately after an emotional fight, in which clearly adrenaline is running ridiculously high), but in the post-fight interview he even apologized for it. That doesn't take it all back, but still, to call him classless is a bit much.

Yeah, someone there was being classless. It Was this Rivera guy. Lets ignore the shit one guy does, then hop all over the other guy when he has a reason to do the shit he did. That's brilliant.

Dude ever heard of hyping the fight? Bisping could have shook his hand, and put this shit to rest, but he decided to spit at his camp. Fuck apologizing. He kneed Rivera when he was on the ground, then decided to spit at his camp. That is classless.

Agree, you could tell he was completely lost after that knee, his eyes told the whole story, and Either Greenberg or Rogan(I forgot which one) was ranting on about how Rivera shouldn't continue, do you remember exactly how long Rivera was down i forgot.

I'd say a good 3-5 minutes not really sure myself. Your're right you seen that shit in his eyes.

If Bisping would've won without that knee landed and talked some shit, fine, be the same thing like Brock/Mir II. But the spitting was uncalled for.

So how is it that one guy talks his ass off about how he's gonna beat someone's ass and after the fight, the OTHER guy is called classless? Jesus.

I know he did some shit that he shouldn't have (immediately after an emotional fight, in which clearly adrenaline is running ridiculously high), but in the post-fight interview he even apologized for it. That doesn't take it all back, but still, to call him classless is a bit much.

Yeah, someone there was being classless. It Was this Rivera guy. Lets ignore the shit one guy does, then hop all over the other guy when he has a reason to do the shit he did. That's brilliant.

It's because of the dirty knee. Bisping even hesitated before he threw that thing and had his hands on the back of Rivera's head just to do more damage. Was Rivera's trolling of Bisping a good thing to do? No, not by any means. But Bisping took a cheap shot at Rivera and could have severally injured him. And then didn't even try to defend it as an accident. He is a huge piece of shit.

But he didn't just lay on him. For one thing, Penn did a great job of getting back up in the first 2 rounds and in the second round Fitch was constantly moving and kept the action going. Fitch's ground n' pound was great to watch tonight. I can honestly say I wasn't bored with that fight at all. My hat goes off to both guys, though I do think Fitch won.

Dude, Fitch hit Penn with what, 150 punches... why wasn't Penn's face all busted up? Because Fitch wasn't putting any power behind them. He was simply throwing them just so he could LOOK active. But those weak ass punches didn't do a single bit of harm. Fitch is a fucking professional fighter who outweighed his opponent tonight by over 25 pounds, and he hit him 150 times in the face for five minutes and didn't cause a single bit of damage. That alone proves my point that his ground and pound is absolutely worthless.

As far as the illegal knee... I mean, it's a fight. Sometimes you just can't control yourself. It's like a late hit in the NFL; sure, it's uncalled for, but emotions and adrenaline get the best of you from time to time.

Besides, knees to the head on the ground and soccer kicks should be legal, anyways, if you ask me.

It's because of the dirty knee. Bisping even hesitated before he threw that thing and had his hands on the back of Rivera's head just to do more damage. Was Rivera's trolling of Bisping a good thing to do? No, not by any means. But Bisping took a cheap shot at Rivera and could have severally injured him. And then didn't even try to defend it as an accident. He is a huge piece of shit.
OK, the Knee is an illegal blow, and isn't a very classy thing to do. Not arguing. The basis of my argument is that the other guy was being just as classless, and people don't care.

Still, people acting like this Rivera guy is (insert name of classy MMA fighter here). He's a loudmouth, and loudmouths in other sports get called classless (see: Rex Ryan), and this fuckwad gets off scot free. It's bullshit. If the other guys are loudmouths, he's just as bad, if not worse, and he got what he had coming to him (illegal knee aside).

Dude ever heard of hyping the fight? Bisping could have shook his hand, and put this shit to rest, but he decided to spit at his camp. Fuck apologizing. He kneed Rivera when he was on the ground, then decided to spit at his camp. That is classless.
Yeah, the guy and his camp act like fucking fools and talk endless amounts of shit. Bisping then beats the fuck out of the guy and gives the camp something too, since they were involved with the shit-giving. He got his revenge for the guy being a degrading motherfucker.

Bisping shouldn't get off scot-free. However, Rivera damn sure shouldn't, either, and the fact that he seemingly is here is pretty sad.

One more thing. The Illegal Knee happened in Round 1. The fight ended in the 2nd. So it's not like the knee was the reason the guy won.

Oh, and I was really bummed Lytle lost. He was put in a terrible position tonight to fight this unknown, yet very experienced and talented fighter, and Lytle still managed to put on the fight of the night. God, I fucking love Chris Lytle. He's the type of fighter who should be making millions in this sport.

And it'll be interesting to see how Ebersole does in the future. His next fight will tell us a lot.

Dude, Fitch hit Penn with what, 150 punches... why wasn't Penn's face all busted up? Because Fitch wasn't putting any power behind them. He was simply throwing them just so he could LOOK active. But those weak ass punches didn't do a single bit of harm. Fitch is a fucking professional fighter who outweighed his opponent tonight by over 25 pounds, and he hit him 150 times in the face for five minutes and didn't cause a single bit of damage. That alone proves my point that his ground and pound is absolutely worthless.

How is it worthless? It may not have busted up his face but as you just said yourself, it gave off the allusion that he was being more active. Also, those shots disoriented Penn which helped to keep him down in that third round. Those punches were doing plenty to keep Penn where Fitch wanted him. And last I checked, executing your own gameplan is the main goal when you're trying to defeat fighters of the caliber Penn is at.

Yeah, the guy and his camp act like fucking fools and talk endless amounts of shit. Bisping then beats the fuck out of the guy and gives the camp something too, since they were involved with the shit-giving. He got his revenge for the guy being a degrading motherfucker.

I never said Rivera is absolutely innocent, but it's shit talk. He really needs to grow up, and not let shit talking bother him to the point where he is spitting at people. Hell Bisping talks shit all the time. I believe he even said Rivera wasn't on his level, and he should be fighting a top contender instead. He can dish it, but can't take it.

OK, the Knee is an illegal blow, and isn't a very classy thing to do. Not arguing. The basis of my argument is that the other guy was being just as classless, and people don't care.

Still, people acting like this Rivera guy is (insert name of classy MMA fighter here). He's a loudmouth, and loudmouths in other sports get called classless (see: Rex Ryan), and this fuckwad gets off scot free. It's bullshit. If the other guys are loudmouths, he's just as bad, if not worse, and he got what he had coming to him (illegal knee aside).

Bisping shouldn't get off scot-free. However, Rivera damn sure shouldn't, either, and the fact that he seemingly is here is pretty sad.

One more thing. The Illegal Knee happened in Round 1. The fight ended in the 2nd. So it's not like the knee was the reason the guy won.

Actually, this build up was very out of character for Rivera. He isn't known for his shit talking. All he was trying to do was build some hype for the fight. Did he go about it the right way? Not at all. But what Bisping did was obvious cheating and was much worse then all the shit talk Rivera did. Both were in the wrong, but Rivera was ready to shake hands and move on after the fight. Bispings the one who acted like a prick and continued to get in his face even after everything was done and over with.

And yes, that knee was a huge reason as to why Bisping won. I'm not saying he couldn't have won without the knee, but the knee did a lot of damage and really fucked up Rivera from that point on. To say that knee didn't play a factor is just silly.

[YOUTUBE]mZb-HMxccK4[/YOUTUBE]
look at :53-1:00, 1:18-1:30, and 2:21-2:34, and how is that worthless that was brutal what guys like Tito Ortiz and Mark Coleman used to do. Of course guys like Jon Fitch and Chael Sonnan don't knock guys out using it(ground and pound), but they were them out, they were down their opponents will, and look for an opening for a possible guard pass or even a submission attempt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back