• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TUF 10 Finale Live Discussion

I mean, only Schaub gave him a decent fight, and that was after months of training with top level trainers.

Eh, Kimbo kicked Nelson's ass on the feet, and I thought Wren beat Nelson in the first round of their fight, if I remember correctly.

So, while Nelson was definitely the most well-rounded fighter in the house, he wasn't this superior being who could destroy anyone there.

In fact, out of all the TUF seasons I've watched, the only time I felt there was a fighter CLEARY better than EVERYONE in the house was Mac Danzig in season 6. But other than that, in every season I've watched outside of that one, a good 3 or 4 fighters in each season could won the whole thing; it's all about match-ups.

Eh, Kimbo kicked Nelson's ass on the feet
:lmao:

Now this is just poor jmt, Kimbo barely even touched Nelson on the feet, and once Nelson got a hold of him, it was all over. Kimbo got a couple of punches that glanced Nelson, but never hit him flush, and Nelson dominated him on the ground. He was clearly a superior fighter to Kimbo.

Here's the video:

[YOUTUBE]glJCSrQEjho[/YOUTUBE]

and I thought Wren beat Nelson in the first round of their fight, if I remember correctly.
I forgot about this fight. But Nelson did still win, so my point still remains the same.

So, while Nelson was definitely the most well-rounded fighter in the house, he wasn't this superior being who could destroy anyone there.
But he did though.

Now this is just poor jmt, Kimbo barely even touched Nelson on the feet, and once Nelson got a hold of him, it was all over. Kimbo got a couple of punches that glanced Nelson, but never hit him flush, and Nelson dominated him on the ground. He was clearly a superior fighter to Kimbo.

Yes, he was the superior fighter... on the ground. But standing-up Roy wanted no part of Kimbo. If he did than he would have stood and fought with him like he did Wren, rather than taking it to the ground.

I forgot about this fight. But Nelson did still win, so my point still remains the same.

Hardly anyone agreed with the decision though.

But he did though.

Well, he beat them, didn't destroy them, and like I said... the fight with Wren could have gone either way.

However, as I said earlier... I can't take nothing away from Nelson. I just don't think he was THAT much better than everyone else in the house. Who knows what would have happened if Roy faced Marcus Jones or Jon Madsen or Mitrione or Scott Junk or Demico Rogers, etc. etc. etc. Match-ups determine everything in these competitions, and that's been proven time and time again throughout the history of the show.

Yes, he was the superior fighter... on the ground. But standing-up Roy wanted no part of Kimbo. If he did than he would have stood and fought with him like he did Wren, rather than taking it to the ground.
So then Royce Gracie wasn't clearly the superior fighter in the first couple of UFCs because he kept taking the fight to the ground?

Strategy is every bit as important part of fighting. Just because he played Kimbo's weakness doesn't change the fact he was the superior fighter.

Hardly anyone agreed with the decision though.
They thought there should have been a third round, not that Wren won.

Well, he beat them, didn't destroy them, and like I said... the fight with Wren could have gone either way.
In the eyes of the judges, it went unanimously to Nelson.

However, as I said earlier... I can't take nothing away from Nelson. I just don't think he was THAT much better than everyone else in the house. Who knows what would have happened if Roy faced Marcus Jones or Jon Madsen or Mitrione or Scott Junk or Demico Rogers, etc. etc. etc. Match-ups determine everything in these competitions, and that's been proven time and time again throughout the history of the show.
Absolutely matchups matter...but Nelson was the best fighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back