• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida

What has Hendo shown you to prove he can get on the inside of Jones's reach? Machida is by far a better striker not to mention he is faster and more athletic and he could barely do it. Hendo has a punchers chance, that is it. I'm not ruling out that, but to say he can certainly get on the inside because Machida could is asinine.

I'm not going to say everything I want to considering you are new to MMA, but I will say go watch Jake Shields vs Dan Henderson. Despite having olympic level wrestling, it has translated terribly into MMA. He has subpar TDD and virtually no Takedowns. Throw in the fact that he has absolutely no gas tank and incredibly predictable striking and I just don't see it happening. Jones has proven that being a high level wrestler is not the way to beat him.

How much Takedown defence do you need when you are (and I hate to bring this up again) an olympic level wrestler? If the fight hits the deck he can just, ya know, outwrestle his opponent from top or bottom. Also Machida's strikes aren't exactly unpredictable. Shogun made that clear when he did this.

Shogun-punches-Machida.jpg

Awesome show tonight.

Korean Zombie FTMW!!!!

Heartbroken for Big Nog, though. He had the damn thing in the bag and got caught. Damn that's a tough way to lose. Major Props to Mir, who showed some serious heart.

Little Nog looked tremendous. It's not easy finishing Tito Ortiz and Nog did it like it was nothing. Like Fizzy said though, Tito showed a lot of guts to hang in there for as long as he did.

And after that first round, man, I thought Machida had something for Jones. But Jonny boy showed that with his range of skills, he can finish any fight at any given time. That dude is a fucking monster. I would love to see Machida work his way back up to a rematch some time down the line. Machida beats both Hendo and Rashad, IMO.

As far as the Hendo/Jones discussion going on... you can't completely count out Hendo because of his one punch knockout power and Jones' willingness to test his stand-up against pretty much anyone. But still... I wouldn't give Hendo much of a chance. Jones showed tonight he can take a punch, while Hendo is close to having Shane Carwin level cardio. If Hendo didn't finish the fight in the 1st Round, he'd be in a for a long, long night.

bignog.jpg

Just going to leave this here so we aren't all sad with the result. How can you not love this man?

The holes Jones showed against Rampage were exposed by Machida, Rashad will end Bonesy. Wait and watch.

And Henderson will NOT do ANYTHING to Jones. NOTHING

Machida won the 1st round in my opinion. I know it doesn't matter, but I think that was the first round Jones lost in the UFC, and quite possibly in his whole career.

Hendo would not do anything to Jones. Just let it be known, I might be the biggest anti-Jon Jones supporter here, and he would go through Hendo if he avoids his right hand. Hendo is very predictable, and Jones is known to study tape of his opponents very closely, and he would use that against Hendo easily. Fizzy is right about Hendo's wrestling too, I really haven't seen Dan use his Olympic wrestling at all in the UFC. Dan's good in the clinch, yet Jones is great in the clinch. Hendo only has a 52% Take down percentage in the ufc, which is nothing that an Olympic wrestler should have (Jones has a 64%). Hendo's TDD is decent though at 67%, yet Jon Jones is at 100%. Also, Hendo's cardio is not good, and if this fight gets past the 2nd I say (Hendo getting tired after the 1st is a little too far) than Jones will win easily. Hendo needs to go for big shots early in the fight, and rock Jones.

Overall though, Jones got hit, because Machida was faster in that fight. I only see Jones losing to someone who is clearly faster than him, and off of the top of my head I only see Rashad Evans being able to do that (Phil Davis is fast, but is really overrated in my opinion.) Hopefully Rashad runs through Davis, and is next in line for Jon Jones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back