UFC 129 LD - Trotting Jake Shields to the Glue Factory

Rooting hard for Shields here. He's really grown on me from watching the Primetime specials.

Oh hey, look, trailer for the third Transformers movie. Hopefully it'll be better than the second. Huh...where's Megan Fox? Is she not in this one?

Rogers Centre is about to explode Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania 3 style.

A couple of thoughts:

- That last fight was crazy. I was backing Aldo but after that lump became prevalent and he wouldn't quit, I decided to root for the other side.

- This event is worth paying for. Awesome that I get it for free in the UK, huh?

- HERE. WE. GO.

I don't blame Shields for playing the defense but if he does this the whole fight he's gonna get knocked the fuck out.

Damn close first round, but GSP just took it towards the end. 10-9.

Shields has to take it to the ground where he's best at. Otherwise GSP is gonna eat him alive.

Well this has been quite the disappointing fight. I don't understand Shields game plan for this fight, at all. Has he even tried for a single takedown tonight? GSP should win this fight if he makes it through the last 2 minutes.

Starting to hear some boos now.

Another somewhat boring title defense for GSP. Who's next?

Anderson Silva vs GSP should happen at some point. That would be crazy!

I think GSP has to move up in weight. There's nothing left for him at welterweight and everyone wants GSP/Silva

I think that he was reluctant to say he's moving up because he was embarrassed of the finish. If he woulda finished the match he probably would have said yes.

When you consider that Jake Shields was the best that the division had to offer GSP, it is clear that there is nothing left for him. Give the people what they want and have him go up in weight. He can manage it and a match between he and Silva would break all sorts of records.

Another somewhat boring title defense for GSP.
You know, that has never bothered me. Because it's not that GSP is "boring" because he doesn't fight, he's "boring" because he's a smart fighter and not some animal the UFC found on the street corner. I have never once had a problem with GSP's style of fighting. He's learned wrestling, he works Jiu-Jitsu, and as we can see, his boxing is good enough to beat guys when it's clearly in his advantage.

GSP is a true martial artist. The fact that he doesn't end fights early has never bothered me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back