• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 141 LD: Where Nate Diaz Teaches Donald Cerrone Manners

WOW!!!

Vince get your fucking ass on that phone NOW!!

Dirt sheets are going to be full of Breaking News: LESNAR/WWE TALKS!!!!

Overeem went for the stomach knowing about the surgey and stuff.. Brock retiring :(

I hope he heals up..

It was always going to be a miracle if he ever won a match again with his illness and subsequent surgeries.

He can return to the WWE for a big pay day but since he's done UFC - how could he possibly ever lose clean?

Well, that's a bummer. Feel really bad for Brock, I think he'd be dominant still if it wasn't for the diverticulitis.

Here comes the "ZOMG HE'S COMING BACK MONDAY, THE 1/2/12 PROMOS WERE FOR HIM!!!" stupidity.

So the only thing I cared about in all of MMA just retired... well guess I just go back to watching scripted matches only instead

JMT how do you think Overeem will fare against JDS?

I'm not Jay, but I think Reem takes it and I -love- JDS. I think Reem is just too big and too strong for JDS to handle. His kickboxing is insane and he's not exactly a slouch on the ground.

If Reem can stay healthy, which has seemed hard to do in MMA lately, he'll probably run the division for awhile.

Bet Dana is upset that his biggest draw retired so who is #1 draw in MMA now? GSP?

He'll probably think he can talk him out of it. He might be able to, you never know. Throw him in the cage with a guy like Big Country where he -shouldn't- have to deal with an absolutely devastating punch and he might be okay. Depends on how his stomache holds up.

JMT how do you think Overeem will fare against JDS?

It's a toss up. Overeem is overall the better striker, but he has a glass jaw. All it'll take is one shot from JDS to put Reem's lights out. But then again, this injury JDS got could end up slowing him down. You just never know with Heavyweights.

I'll be rooting big time for Reem, though.

Anyone staying up for the 9 hour DREAM New Years Card on HDNet?!

I was going to watch it until they added all that pro wrestling shit on there. They REALLY have some great fights, though. I think I'll go to sleep and try to wake up in time for like the last 3 fights. It just sucks because that means I'll have to miss Kawajiri vs. Miyata, Kikuno vs. Jienotsu, and Sakurai vs. Ryo... all fights are guaranteed to be great.

But yeah... now I need Fedor to kill a Jap, Aoki/Sakurai/Kawajiri to win, and Jienotsu to get knocked the fuck out and tonight will end up being the perfect night.

Also, with JDS on the shelf for such a long time, I think the UFC should just go ahead and make Overeem vs. Mir next. It makes the most sense. Why go so long without having an important Heavyweight fight?

Also, with JDS on the shelf for such a long time, I think the UFC should just go ahead and make Overeem vs. Mir next. It makes the most sense. Why go so long without having an important Heavyweight fight?

Why not throw him at Cain instead? I mean, in all honesty, I don't see Mir as anything more than a gateway fighter now a days. He just can't take the "Monsters" in the HW division even with all his weight.

To me, that's the guy you use as a measuring stick for potential HW's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back