• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 141 LD: Where Nate Diaz Teaches Donald Cerrone Manners

LOL @ Taker trending on twitter now Vince will be drooling over the idea of Brock in WWE.

EDIT: And now #Wrestlemania

I was going to watch it until they added all that pro wrestling shit on there. They REALLY have some great fights, though. I think I'll go to sleep and try to wake up in time for like the last 3 fights. It just sucks because that means I'll have to miss Kawajiri vs. Miyata, Kikuno vs. Jienotsu, and Sakurai vs. Ryo... all fights are guaranteed to be great.

But yeah... now I need Fedor to kill a Jap, Aoki/Sakurai/Kawajiri to win, and Jienotsu to get knocked the fuck out and tonight will end up being the perfect night.

I just cleared the deck on my DVR. It's a bummer that like 2 hours alone are going to be opening ceremony related. Should be some great fights.

And they have Tim Sylvia pro wrestling... that's must-see television.

Why not throw him at Cain instead? I mean, in all honesty, I don't see Mir as anything more than a gateway fighter now a days. He just can't take the "Monsters" in the HW division even with all his weight.

To me, that's the guy you use as a measuring stick for potential HW's.

Mir's a Top 4 guy in the division though and is coming off the submission of the year. He's on a three fight win streak. Dude's not a gatekeeper at all.

Why not throw him at Cain instead? I mean, in all honesty, I don't see Mir as anything more than a gateway fighter now a days. He just can't take the "Monsters" in the HW division even with all his weight.

To me, that's the guy you use as a measuring stick for potential HW's.

Well, because Mir has been trashing Overeem left and right, for one.

Plus, Mir's on a 3 fight winning streak, and even though the Big Nog win was a fucking fluke, it's still hard to win 3 straight fights at Heavyweight with the caliber of opponents Mir has been facing. He deserves a #1 Contendership fight.

Also, Cain should fight Carwin next. That makes the most sense for him, IMO.

Out of respect for Indy, I won't gloat, but fuck am I happy about what just happened.

I don't make any excuses. Fitch got knocked the fuck out. Hendricks is the man. Give him a title contending fight. Hopefully Fitch can rebound from this.

Mir's a Top 4 guy in the division though and is coming off the submission of the year. He's on a three fight win streak. Dude's not a gatekeeper at all.

He beat a half-dead Cro Cop, Big Country, and had one of the flukiest/craziest wins against Big Nog.

He's not a Top 4 Guy.

Well, because Mir has been trashing Overeem left and right, for one.

Plus, Mir's on a 3 fight winning streak, and even though the Big Nog win was a fucking fluke, it's still hard to win 3 straight fights at Heavyweight with the caliber of opponents Mir has been facing. He deserves a #1 Contendership fight.

Also, Cain should fight Carwin next. That makes the most sense for him, IMO.

Your first point is about the only thing I'd give you, and only because Dana loves selling stories as much as WWE does.

Calibre? CRO COP AND BIG COUNTRY. Lets be real J, Cro Cop was washed up. old Cro Cop, yes great win. But that was only a name value win. And as funny as Roy is to watch, he's not a top teir HW. At All. Nog is the only legitimate win he's had and as you said it yourself, it was a flukie ass win. I can't call him one of the top contenders with a resume like that.

If anything, Mir and Carwin should go at it again while giving Reem the option to put his number 1 contendership against Cain.

He beat a half-dead Cro Cop, Big Country, and had one of the flukiest/craziest wins against Big Nog.

He's not a Top 4 Guy.

I think the Top 5 in the UFC right now are clearly:

JDS
Overeem
Velasquez
Mir
Carwin

Hindsight is 20/20. At the time, Cro Cop looked like he was on a career renaissance after being Pat Barry (who at the time was riding some momentum), and Big Country was on the verge of breaking through to the top of the division until Mir stopped him. Call it a fluke, but he still took home Big Nog's arm.

LOL just been reading some comments on MMA forums i swear they must have some kind of MMA version of smarks.

I think the Top 5 in the UFC right now are clearly:

JDS
Overeem
Velasquez
Mir
Carwin

Hindsight is 20/20. At the time, Cro Cop looked like he was on a career renaissance after being Pat Barry (who at the time was riding some momentum), and Big Country was on the verge of breaking through to the top of the division until Mir stopped him. Call it a fluke, but he still took home Big Nog's arm.

If Pat Berry is the fight I'm thinking of, Cro Cop just got lucky that Berry gased early and took the fight from there. But again, Pat Berry wasn't exactly a guy I'd look at and think "Oh, Cro Cop is BACK!".

Big Country was riding a nice wave of momentum, no doubt, but he never seemed like a top guy. He's as much a gatekeeper as I see Mir as. He's got a solid set of skills but just isn't overall that amazing. And yes, he got Nog's arm but it isn't enough for me to dub him the next contender.

I'd put him -maybe- at 5 or 6. Can't name anything but my top 4 over him off the top of my head. JDS, Reem, Cain, and Carwin are all ahead of him imo.

It only took a little over 30 minutes to get to the first fight? That's about an hour quicker than last year's show.

He's out! Holy crap!

Jericho is trying to throw himself back into relevancy to make his return bigger at Brock and the UFC's expense. It's pretty embarrassing.

Jericho is trying to throw himself back into relevancy to make his return bigger at Brock and the UFC's expense. It's pretty embarrassing.

I like Jericho, but it's pretty shitty of him to try and discredit the UFC and MMA. Especially considering the line of work that made him famous...

Rob Van Dam: "Looks like we'll soon see a familiar face in the WWE."

Jim Ross: "I did NOT see UFC. At OU game. Sad but proud of Brock. He's always gonna be one of my guys. A warrior."

"Lesnar fighting after his illness is remarkable. What guts that took."

from twitter

Cerrone came out with the worst poissble approach he could take though Diaz looked spectacular, he should get the winner of Edgar and Henderson if Gilbert is still under SF.

Overeem looked fantastic as well but I think with the right gameplan JDS could take him, mixing his wrestling up with his boxing he could pose some problems for the Reem but Reem looked so damn good it's scary. Cannot WAIT for that fight. Jesus.

Very good 7.75/10 card right here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back