TNA iMPACT! & ReAction LD for 12.09.10

Isn't it fairly obvious (and I've not read any spoilers, I rarely do), that this will lead to Tara performing her concert, and getting attacked from behind by Mickie James, keeping this feud going for even longer? You know, payback for the exact same thing happening last week in reverse? Like this feud or not, they're going to beat it to death.

Isn't it fairly obvious (and I've not read any spoilers, I rarely do), that this will lead to Tara performing her concert, and getting attacked from behind by Mickie James, keeping this feud going for even longer? You know, payback for the exact same thing happening last week in reverse? Like this feud or not, they're going to beat it to death.

I didn't read spoilers either, just a couple tweets. How is this feud beaten to death? They had one match end with no one winning. One end with outside interference for the heel. And now they may do it again. If that is beating it to death then the majority of wrestling stories are "beat to death," especially in WWE.

More like three matches against each other, two being singles matches, and tons of brawling but who's counting.

I didn't read spoilers either, just a couple tweets. How is this feud beaten to death? They had one match end with no one winning. One end with outside interference for the heel. And now they may do it again. If that is beating it to death then the majority of wrestling stories are "beat to death," especially in WWE.

AGAIN, it's all they've done. They have had no clean endings to any of their fights, in the ring or out, and it's just gone on and on and on to the point of being a running joke. If they do ANYTHING different with the feud tonight, it'll be an improvement. Not by much, but still an improvement.

Stop making me repeat myself.

Because it's been done before with these two, they've done it over and over again so there's no point to watching it more than once, they spend too much time on it, and it resolves nothing when the payoff match has a screwjob ending?

"Payoff" matches have screwy finishes all the time when a heel wins. Matches are billed as payoff matches all the time that actually are not the last in a feud. You say it isn't resolved yet claim it should be over between them two? That is what makes no sense to me. The PPV match continued the Madison hiding from Mickie behind Tara story. Now if only there was a way to continue the Mickie-Tara part in a different way that takes what happened at the PPV into account ...

They fought I believe three times on last week's show. In other words, two random chicks are getting more screen time than the #1 contender to the world title. That doesn't come off as bad to you? And all for a brawl which more or less is a sanctioned version of what we've done for a month?

Once again, SD, your blind TNA markdom has resulted in you not reading my post. I didn't say that they had already beaten this storyline to death, I said they are going to. And they definitely will. Three matches already, with brawls extending all over the arena, inside and out, pretty much ever since Mickie arrived. And no end in sight. I see weeks, probably months of the same old same old with these two. And by then, safe to say, the expression beaten to death will be appropriate.

I also didn't suggest this is unique to these two. TNA beats storylines to death all the time. WWE does sometimes too. No reason to get defensive, again. I'm just saying that these two are going to brawl again tonight. And next week. And the week after that....

How are they random if they have been in a storyline together for over a month? Number of appearances doesn't automatically mean greater screentime, pretty sure Morgan had more. Many a gimmick match are built up to by showing different aspects of it before it becomes a real match. How would you sell such a match? Seems dumb to have such a match without showing the ring cannot hold them and building up the desire to destroy one another.

I'm just saying that these two are going to brawl again tonight. And next week. And the week after that....

Well, we will have to see about that won't we.

How are they random if they have been in a storyline together for over a month?

When they're fighting for no specific reason, yeah they're random. And before you say it "they hate each other" isn't a specific reason.

Number of appearances doesn't automatically mean greater screentime, pretty sure Morgan had more.

The fact that you're not sure proves my point.

Many a gimmick match are built up to by showing different aspects of it before it becomes a real match. How would you sell such a match?

"Come see two girls with big boobs in tight clothes fight each other."

Seems dumb to have such a match without showing the ring cannot hold them and building up the desire to destroy one another.

Then show us that once, not three times a show week after week.

When they're fighting for no specific reason, yeah they're random. And before you say it "they hate each other" isn't a specific reason.

Mickie wants to get to Madison's title which she believes Tara disrespected and is protecting while Tara believes Mickie is part of what got her fired from WWE.

The fact that you're not sure proves my point.

Actually it just means I don't watch with a stopwatch or care.

"Come see two girls with big boobs in tight clothes fight each other."

Isn't that the mentality that led to the pissbreak division?

Mickie wants to get to Madison's title which she believes Tara disrespected and is protecting while Tara believes Mickie is part of what got her fired from WWE.

And we can't be told this on TNA programming.....why?

Actually it just means I don't watch with a stopwatch or care.

Neither do I but I pay attention.

Isn't that the mentality that led to the pissbreak division?

Yes. It's also the mentality that says "No one cares about women's wrestling being athletic."

And we can't be told this on TNA programming.....why?

What show are you watching? You think I read that on a blog or something?

Yes. It's also the mentality that says "No one cares about women's wrestling being athletic."

Which is why people always bring up the old nonathletic KO division as the reason this one isn't as good or whatever? I suppose there is no evidence that there is a bump in at least the tv ratings when the KOs are on the tv actually being athletic? They have the ASSets and are still working decent matches with a story.

What show are you watching? You think I read that on a blog or something?

I've watched every Impact for nearly two years and that's the first I've heard of it.

Which is why people always bring up the old nonathletic KO division as the reason this one isn't as good or whatever? I suppose there is no evidence that there is a bump in at least the tv ratings when the KOs are on the tv actually being athletic? They have the ASSets and are still working decent matches with a story.

What story? They hate each other isn't a story.

I'm sorry my notes aren't thorough enough to keep track of the high intelligence that is TNA wrestling. Heaven forbid I watch sports entertainment for you know, entertainment.

Sorry I have other things to do than watch 40 minutes of promos and 5 minutes of wrestling on a follow-up show.

Yet you have time to watch nxt. 40 minutes of crap and 5 minutes of michael cole jokes about it being crap. Pretty much all that stuff was addressed on impact more than once anyway.

Yet you have time to watch nxt. 40 minutes of crap and 5 minutes of michael cole jokes about it being crap. Pretty much all that stuff was addressed on impact more than once anyway.

Yeah clearly because NXT, the C or arguably D show is the same as a promo show that has the ending of the A show's main event.

And naturally this needed a WWE comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back