• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA iMPACT! LD for 05.12.11

It's funny too because they had this whole feud last year except the ECW guys were the good guys and AJ attacked them.

There's a flaw in strategy here and not just that Tommy Dreamer sucks. Styles wants Bully Ray bad. I get that TNA wants us to wait for the match, but at this point, he was out for over a month and has barely gotten a hand on him. Now, the focus has shifted to Tommy Dreamer and completely off of Bully Ray. Thus, the amount of time has made us (or at least me) not care about seeing Bully Ray vs. AJ Styles. It's not hot anymore. You gotta deliver when hot, not hang on for a biggest payoff when it's just not there.

I regret the day I ever said a positive thing about seeing Dreamer in TNA.

There's one major thing TNA does not and apparently cannot get: nostalgia acts are supposed to be faces. End of story. We see these old names from the past and smile beacuse they remind us of better times which we see through rose colored glasses. People want to cheer Hogan, they want to cheer Flair. Nobody wants to boo Tommy Dreamer. Why do you think Jerry Lawler was a guy we were discussing as actually having a chance at winning the title two months ago? Because he was a guy fans looked at fondly because he's old and fun, not because he was the best face on the roster or a great in ring worker. TNA seemingly cannot get that.

That was a general rant, not against you.

This promotional video makes me think that Beer Money is breaking up soon. As long as it means Roode gets pushed and Storm does not, I'm fine with it.

There's a flaw in strategy here and not just that Tommy Dreamer sucks. Styles wants Bully Ray bad. I get that TNA wants us to wait for the match, but at this point, he was out for over a month and has barely gotten a hand on him. Now, the focus has shifted to Tommy Dreamer and completely off of Bully Ray. Thus, the amount of time has made us (or at least me) not care about seeing Bully Ray vs. AJ Styles. It's not hot anymore. You gotta deliver when hot, not hang on for a biggest payoff when it's just not there.

AJ was out 17 days. That's what my issue with it was: he was barely gone. He missed two TV shows and was back for Lockdown.

AJ was out 17 days. That's what my issue with it was: he was barely gone. He missed two TV shows and was back for Lockdown.

Good point, but the fact that we have to wait for AJ and Bully Ray, it's not that big to begin with, certainly not to put off with another match for AJ. By the time they fight, it won't mean anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back