• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Impact Wrestling LD for 05.19.11

Why are we even talking about being a star? We are talking about the current X-division. If you want them to be a star in a few months then your expectations are a tad bit ridiculous. Bischoff gets a bad rap when it comes to the smaller guys and especially the "X-division" style. I do not think many of the cruiserweight guys are necessarily obvious main event material and your list doesn't do a lot to change my mind on the subject. The style is useful on the rest of the card though and Bischoff has often used it. Thus, he is giving the guys a chance and if they rise to the occasion then they can advance to a decent spot.

I assume by put it to bed for good you mean several people prominently featured for months afterwards including on the biggest PPV show of the year.

So the guy who did the opening promo going head to head with Bischoff on a hyped show is not getting any push whatsoever? Interesting take ...

This how me and nick discuss things. Doesn't really seem like bitching to me. Life goes on JJ.

And we're back to only picking out parts that we feel like. Well I'm not going through each part because I don't have the time. Here's what I got though:

-You share the Bischoff theory that small guys can't draw. Tell that to the list I showed you before which you left off. My point is that IF you actually gave a chance to some of those guys, they would be better than some of the others guys you have featured prominently. That's all I'm saying.

-Do you really want me to get into the stupidity of EV2.0? For some strange reason, TNA thinks ECW guys draw, thus why Tommy Dreamer is in a storyline with the former "face" of TNA. It's clear that the powers that be don't think the X Division draws so I doubt they get even the EV 2.0 treatment when in fact they deserve more as they are young enough to actually become stars.

-You are telling me that one promo with Bischoff means a push? Then a lot of the roster has gotten "pushes". To me, a push means a sustained growth up the card with matches that are more and more prominently featured and actual victories along the way. So far, nothing for BK. I hope that changes, but you are defining a push in one week. Not sure how you can justify that.

-As for the bitching comment, I was making a joke. Don't take these forums so seriously bro!

Call it "degree" of speculation if that will appease you. I'd bet everything I own and then some that the story with the X-division did not end last night.

So would I, actually. But again, I have no faith that the follow through will last more than a few weeks, nor do I believe this will be some great revival of the X-Division.

Beyond that the entire premise of your argument is your own personal biases.

Shattered, the only one with a bias in this thread is you, and you know it. I have defended TNA on more than one occasion. Have you ever, one time, complained about something TNA did? No, you haven't. You're probably the least objective person on these forums.

Not your best work IMO.

I would probably say the same thing had I been completely owned like you just were.

Being optimistic about WWE and pessimistic about TNA doesn't prove a point to anything but your own opinion.

And blindly defending TNA, at any cost, proves how big of a mark you actually are.

And we're back to only picking out parts that we feel like. Well I'm not going through each part because I don't have the time. Here's what I got though:

I only skipped the parts that were addressed in my response to nick.

-You share the Bischoff theory that small guys can't draw. Tell that to the list I showed you before which you left off. My point is that IF you actually gave a chance to some of those guys, they would be better than some of the others guys you have featured prominently. That's all I'm saying.

Umm I did quote your list and that was not my point at all. My point was that such guys have to be built up over time and generally speaking are a tougher main event sell, like it or not. None of the guys you listed were obvious main eventers except probably Jericho and it isn't like he never accomplished anything in WCW. How do you bash Bischoff for being anti these type of guys when he is the one that gave them there first opportunity to get noticed in a mainstream company? Bischoff was big in signing the Bucks and just interacting with them you can tell he wants to help them out some.

-Do you really want me to get into the stupidity of EV2.0? For some strange reason, TNA thinks ECW guys draw, thus why Tommy Dreamer is in a storyline with the former "face" of TNA. It's clear that the powers that be don't think the X Division draws so I doubt they get even the EV 2.0 treatment when in fact they deserve more as they are young enough to actually become stars.

Do you think the X-division draws more than main event storylines? You might want to read up on the recent hardcore justice PPV numbers rumors to find your "some reason."

-You are telling me that one promo with Bischoff means a push? Then a lot of the roster has gotten "pushes". To me, a push means a sustained growth up the card with matches that are more and more prominently featured and actual victories along the way. So far, nothing for BK. I hope that changes, but you are defining a push in one week. Not sure how you can justify that.

Well, it has been two weeks and a PPV win but I am not saying it is obviously a push that will be sustained for years to come. I am saying that anyone that regularly watches wrestling can tell this is a story and the existence of anything for the guy to do is indeed a push in the short term. Basically all the normal signs of such a thing are there. How it plays out long-term is anybodys guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back