IMPACT Wrestling LD for 07.14.11

I'm not one to complain much about TNA, but I actually agree. They always miss each other's spots, especially for finishers.

I'm starting to be weirded out by how much we've agreed on things tonight. It doesn't seem natural. :lmao:

So I missed this apparent announcement of a ladder match next week? Who's in it?

It's weird. Here he looks like a guy pretending to be a Mexican stereotype. In OVW he came off like a Mexican stereotype and not an imitation of one. He was also face and a singles wrestler so that probably had a lot to do with it.

That is weird. I kind of want to see his OVW stuff now just as comparison.

Little "Sign Guy" Jimmy;3263931 said:
From a fan perspective I am psyched for it, it's awesome. From a business stand point though, it just makes no sense.

The worst kind of wrestling fan is the one who thinks with a "business first" mind-set. First of all, 99% of wrestling fans have no fucking clue what is good "business" and what is not, and secondly... what's the point of being a fan of something if you're most worried about "business"? That's like saying Eminem shouldn't include so-and-so song on his next album because while it's critically acclaimed and his fans love it, it might hurt album sales if it's included. Who gives a fuck, really?

These introductions are always cool.

As much as this match may suck, it's cool to see a TV match get huge build like this. One thing I like TNA doing here. When RAW has one of their specials, they really should build it for a few weeks and give a big title match like this. It's a change of pace, and something I have always liked.

That is weird. I kind of want to see his OVW stuff now just as comparison.

He had a good three way feud with Mike Mondo (Mikey from the Spirit Squad) and Cliff Compton (Domino from Deuce N Domino) that ended in a very solid ladder match. That was earlier this year, right before he came to TNA.

The worst kind of wrestling fan is the one who thinks with a "business first" mind-set. First of all, 99% of wrestling fans have no fucking clue what is good "business" and what is not, and secondly... what's the point of being a fan of something if you're most worried about "business"? That's like saying Eminem shouldn't include so-and-so song on his next album because while it's critically acclaimed and his fans love it, it might hurt album sales if it's included. Who gives a fuck, really?

Yeah, but as a fan of wrestling I also want to see companies succeed, and that happens from a business perspective.

Also, I will be the first to admit I know literally next to nothing about running a wrestling company, but I think we could all agree that giving away two title matches and a four-way gimmick match with no build the next week on a regular run-of-the-mill show isn't the smartest thing in the world, when they could be built for the next PPV and draw in buys.

I don't care what anybody says, Sting has been able to work decent matches his whole career, and only really deteriorated in the past year or two. He has always entertained me, at the very least. I don't get why people say he has sucked since the late 90's, he has always entertained me.

Sting does seem to be moving pretty sharp tonight.

Ugh. I enjoy Anderson getting the shaft as much as anyone, but how many more meaningless title reigns does Sting need?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back