TNA BFG 10.14.12

That match would have been 10x better if the crowd was pro-Hardy. I guess that's what happens when you hold all yoru shows in the Impact zone, and don't know exactly how the fans will react when you travel outside of it.
Sadly, TNA can't afford to travel as much. They need some rich investors so they can do some impact shows outside Florida.

It was indeed a good PPV.

The main issues I have are three things.

1. D-Von. REALLY?

2. D-Von. I MEAN REALLY?

3. Other than the reveal, did ANYTHING here really surprise anyone? Morgan was a surprise with Ryan, but other than that this was about as predictable of a card as you can ask for. That's certainly not a bad thing, but it can kind of bring a show down when you can call the winner of every single match with pretty good certainty.

So Devon is a member of Aces and Eights. Ok that's fine I guess but THAT'S who you unmask at BFG? Not the leader (oh please god don't let him be the leader), not some big name surprise but Devon? Really? That's the best you can come up with???

Outside of that unfortunate event I didn't mind BFG at all. Had some good matches, had some nice spots (AJ's double spring swanton to the outside was a beauty) and the ending made sense. All in all it was fun to watch.

Back to Devon.... Was he revealed so he can feud with Bully Ray? Why Devon? I just don't understand this at all, my brain hurts, I can smell it burning, wait.... am I having a stroke? .....................................................................

Here is a tip for TNA, don't put Faction angles going towards BFG with the uncertainty of who the members of the factions are. No matter what, people will complain and will undermine your biggest PPV of the year. It didn't work with THEY and it probaly did not work with Devon.

I guess that is why wwe doesn't really pull any shockers during Wrestlemania. The only two shockers I can remember as of late is Austin turning antd Trish turning on Jericho.

1. D-Von. REALLY?

2. D-Von. I MEAN REALLY?

3. Other than the reveal, did ANYTHING here really surprise anyone? Morgan was a surprise with Ryan, but other than that this was about as predictable of a card as you can ask for. That's certainly not a bad thing, but it can kind of bring a show down when you can call the winner of every single match with pretty good certainty.

Literally the only match I didn't call correctly was Tara winning the title. I figured Tess would retain, and the hollywood boyfriend woudl come out and like...not actually be her boyfriend or something. I would have preferred a Brad Pitt-esk hallucination to some douche from the real wor - erm - Big Brother.

Predictability isn't always bad though. I didn't really mind, now I think about it, that Devon was revealed. It's a cool swerve I wasn't expected. But the leader should have been there. Or Bully should have turned and re-united with Devon. Something. Anything in fact, that's more than a simple Devon reveal. That whole angle, and the match in general, just needed something MORE. Your biggest show of the year should have the biggest moments of the year; now we have to wait another month or six to find out who the rest of the gang is.

I did like Morgan's return. But honestly, it may have been wasted on Joey Ryan. My friends really liked the tag match (had a few people over to watch the show, which I actually paid for this month), I loved Storm/Roode and thought the TV title was pretty decent too. Solid main event, would have been much better with a more traditional crowd though.

At the end of the day, this show is going to be remembered for D-Von's unmasking. Why? Because that's what this show has been built around the entire time. Aces and 8's vs. Sting/Ray was the main event for this show and had been the big focus for at least six weeks now, with only the names facing Aces and 8's needing to be filled in.

I've said for months that it didn't matter who was under the masks until they were taken off. Tonight, one of them was taken off and in an angle that is this weakly received so far, the first reveal, be it mole, henchman, leader or whatever, needed to be more than a career tag wrestler whose only singles glory is being the low midcard champion of TNA who spent months on end feuding with a pair of comedy characters. It starts the new part of the story off on a weak note, and that's not good, especially at the biggest show of the year. If you want D-Von to be a member or the mole, that's perfectly fine and sets up a match with Ray, but don't have him be A, the first person revealed, or B, the person revealed at the biggest show of the year.

Devon on Thursday:

"I was a champion but still being treated at TNA as a second class citizen and a nobody compared to Bully. Blah, blah, look who got the last laugh. Testify!"

1. D-Von. REALLY?

2. D-Von. I MEAN REALLY?

RVD winning was a surprise. You called Ion retaining in your preview.

Although I do agree that most of the angles just seem a bit predictable, there was really no place to pull any surprises given the angles:
  • Roode going over Storm or someone helping storm would have killed the blow out of the anlge.
  • Snow winning would have been pointless.
  • Bully and Sting winning would have meant no more Aces and eights. In retrospective that could've had being the better decision but c'mon no one thought that would happened.

RVD winning was a surprise. You called Ion retaining in your preview.

Although I do agree that most of the angles just seem a bit predictable, there was really no place to pull any surprises given the angles:
  • Roode going over Storm or someone helping storm would have killed the blow out of the anlge.
  • Snow winning would have been pointless.
  • Bully and Sting winning would have meant no more Aces and eights. In retrospective that could've had being the better decision but c'mon no one thought that would happened.

Yeah like I said it's not a bad thing. The show itself was quite good. Setting it up like this was the issue.

Also as for Roode vs. Storm, yeah there's no other way to end it, but when you think about it, Roode won the feud overall. He beat Storm twice in title matches and once he got the title, Storm never got it back. Roode also kept Storm out of the main event of BFG, and Storm's only win was when nothing was on the line. It's very similar to Rock vs. Austin with Rock getting the win at WM 19, which didn't really mean anything other than pride. It was a great match though

Honestly do we really need to see Ray fight Dvon again? What good does this do? Ray turned on Dvon and left him in the dust. He has been fantastic as a singles competitor. Fantastic. Dvon? Not so much. So now Dvon 'turns' on Ray\TNA? How is this going to do anything more than have people back Ray more and continue to not care about Dvon?

Plus this delays Ray getting the belt, yet again. That is who should be champ if Aries isnt. This Hardy thing is going to be very temporary.

We get it, you like TNA. This wasn't great, though. The show was okay, but they freaking telegraphed the results in.

The show was way more then ok Storm Roode Aries Hardy And 3 way tag were all Great matches and Both Joe Magnus and Ion RVD were good matches what more could you have asked for

So the results were telegraphed so Roode should've won that would've also Snow and Sting Bully should've won because that makes sense

TNA was always ridiculed for Too MANY SWERVES know its too predictable TNA can never win

It's easy to say something is predictable after you know the results also most people watch to be entertained Not Surprised

It's much easier to complain about something you don't like.

TNA did good picking Devon as one of the guys for Aces and Eights.

Edit: Hardy won... I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

It's much easier to complain about something you don't like.

TNA did good picking Devon as one of the guys for Aces and Eights.

Edit: Hardy won... I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

My main gripe is it seems Aries' title reign was a waste. I like the guy, but they should've just kept the belt on Roode. It seems Roode and Storm might've stolen the show. Might look for bits and pieces on YouTube.

Line I read elsewhere regarding Mo and the street fight:

What is the point in a guest enforcer when there are no rules to enforce?

My main gripe is it seems Aries' title reign was a waste. I like the guy, but they should've just kept the belt on Roode. It seems Roode and Storm might've stolen the show. Might look for bits and pieces on YouTube.

I think TNA did the right thing in not having Storm Roode for the title. So much personal hate did not need the title to co main event BFG.

Aries title was fine, the guy was hot and TNA looked to capitalize. now you have him as a heel main eventer that can go back and win the championship down the road.

Where TNA seemed to fail was at pushing this match as Hardy's shot at redemption. It was mentioned and all, but I think it gets super overlooked. They needed more promos of Hardy explaining why winning here was so important.

So I'm sitting here thinking about the "reveal", and I"m thinking, why not do that last month? We've talked about this angle dragging more ass than a dog on a white carpet, so why not reveal one member (Devon) last month? This would have given something to the story and he could have been an identifiable face talking about the actual reveal. The thing is, if you are going to drag out a storyline where you don't know the people involved for months, you HAVE to reveal it at the biggest show of the year. Otherwise, why drag it out so long?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back