TNA BFG 10.14.12

Line I read elsewhere regarding Mo and the street fight:

What is the point in a guest enforcer when there are no rules to enforce?

I've said that a couple times. Didn't make any sense to me, which made it more obvious that TNA was just trying to get some exposure for King Mo in a high profile match.

I didn't mind how they executed it. He had very limited interaction, and that's definitely for the best.

Line I read elsewhere regarding Mo and the street fight:

What is the point in a guest enforcer when there are no rules to enforce?
Trying to put Mo over. It was a really stupid decision. At least Mo did not interfered in the match though.

TNA could've done the exact same enforcer thing with Magnus and Joe. add a layer to an already well built angle about two guys that want to beat the hell out of each other and use Mo as publicity. But no, TNA had to stick him in their best angle of the year

So I'm sitting here thinking about the "reveal", and I"m thinking, why not do that last month? We've talked about this angle dragging more ass than a dog on a white carpet, so why not reveal one member (Devon) last month? This would have given something to the story and he could have been an identifiable face talking about the actual reveal. The thing is, if you are going to drag out a storyline where you don't know the people involved for months, you HAVE to reveal it at the biggest show of the year. Otherwise, why drag it out so long?

Because in TNA's warped mind, the reveal should be at Backlash, not at Wrestlemania. I get the idea behind it, which is you got people to buy this show so give them a little piece to get them to pay for a bigger piece, except for one problem: eventually you have to give them the big piece and if you've disappointed them up to that point, it's going to come off as underwhelming when you do the big reveal because no one is going to care at that point. It's stuff like that which killed WCW and now they've got the same people doing the same stuff.

But now there are Big Brother alumni there so it's all good!

Mo should have been stuck in the Sting/Ray versus Aces & Eight fight. Would have made a bit more sense than Hogan coming down for the umpteenth time to fight everyone off.

Because in TNA's warped mind, the reveal should be at Backlash, not at Wrestlemania. I get the idea behind it, which is you got people to buy this show so give them a little piece to get them to pay for a bigger piece, except for one problem: eventually you have to give them the big piece and if you've disappointed them up to that point, it's going to come off as underwhelming when you do the big reveal because no one is going to care at that point. It's stuff like that which killed WCW and now they've got the same people doing the same stuff.

Clearly you don't get anymore big time than Big Brother.

He could be the leader's right hand man. TNA actually did good in making it seem like he was really gone. Kudos.

He and Morgan where both legit gone. However, wwe's current lawsuit with TNA about having insider information on contracts kept them from going to the wwe. At least TNA was smart enough to hire them back

Also, at the end of the show, TNA's world champion is a guy with a bad criminal history, a drug habit that he may or may not be clean of, and who is already talking about leaving when his contract is up in the early part of next year.

THIS is the guy you want the title on?

It's just that FOUR MONTHS were spent building up to this show. the biggest one of the year, and after all that you got masked men and Devon. That's all we still know. That's simply unacceptable and it's going to turn some people off to the whole thing if they weren't already.

Also, 7/8 predictions, eh? Looks like our predictions competition is going to be fun!

The show was way more then ok Storm Roode Aries Hardy And 3 way tag were all Great matches and Both Joe Magnus and Ion RVD were good matches what more could you have asked for

So the results were telegraphed so Roode should've won that would've also Snow and Sting Bully should've won because that makes sense

TNA was always ridiculed for Too MANY SWERVES know its too predictable TNA can never win

I like TNA and have praised the product for months, but for the biggest show of the year, this wasn't what I expected. I'm not saying they should have swerved anything major, but everything was just so straightforward. The show just fell short of my expectations, it all fell a little flat. Good PPV, but there have been better from TNA this year. I'd expect Bound for Glory to consistently be the best they can offer.

Also, at the end of the show, TNA's world champion is a guy with a bad criminal history, a drug habit that he may or may not be clean of, and who is already talking about leaving when his contract is up in the early part of next year.

You forgot to add that he is probably the only wrestler they have that sells merchandise.

To answer your question, yes, you want the belt on THIS guy.
Criminal history --> Second opportunities and redemption stories sell kb, ask josh Hamilton and the Texas Rangers

may not be clean--> If TNA is stupid enough not test him regularly then there is no way to save TNA.

already talking about leaving when his contract is up in the early part of next year --> Use the fact that he is a draw as your champion, and on his way out he puts a new heel over.

It's just that FOUR MONTHS were spent building up to this show. the biggest one of the year, and after all that you got masked men and Devon. That's all we still know. That's simply unacceptable and it's going to turn some people off to the whole thing if they weren't already.

Also, 7/8 predictions, eh? Looks like our predictions competition is going to be fun!

That is a great point that TNA needs to address. This angle started the night after Slammiversary. It doesn't matter how awesome an angle is, you can't expect people to still care about it four months later if the biggest sell is the fact that we don't know who these people are.

Same goes for the BFG series, make it a month shorter and have it being the top 10 wrestlers

Or he gets high again because he's gone in a few months and screws over the fans again.

Also, as true as that first part is, I absolutely hate it. Somewhere along the line, the idea of doing something bad, then not doing it again became more praiseworthy than not doing it at all, which makes zero sense when you think about it.

I like TNA and have praised the product for months, but for the biggest show of the year, this wasn't what I expected. I'm not saying they should have swerved anything major, but everything was just so straightforward. The show just fell short of my expectations, it all fell a little flat. Good PPV, but there have been better from TNA this year. I'd expect Bound for Glory to consistently be the best they can offer.

What could've made it better for you did you feel some of the matches could've been better just wondering

That is a great point that TNA needs to address. This angle started the night after Slammiversary. It doesn't matter how awesome an angle is, you can't expect people to still care about it four months later if the biggest sell is the fact that we don't know who these people are.

Same goes for the BFG series, make it a month shorter and have it being the top 10 wrestlers

Starrcade 1997. It's the same principle: you build everything up to one moment, and if that moment doesn't work, the fans are ticked off.

Also, I'm sure having D-Von as a member of a cool looking biker gang is going to make the fans in the Impact Zone book him, right?

What could've made it better for you did you feel some of the matches could've been just wondering

For one, I didn't like the title match. I get it, Hardy vs Aries was built around the title and redemption, but Storm and Roode should've been for the belt. King Mo shouldn't have been anywhere near that match either (I'm glad he had limited involvement, though). None of the other matches had any problems, so to speak, but none of them wowed me. You build toward Bound for Glory every year, you want the matches to have that something special. All of them were good, but none of them jumped out at me. The worst part of the show was the Devon reveal, though. He's not the leader, but don't just give us a small piece of the puzzle after months of build. If the Aces and Eights angle wasn't dragging before, it definitely will drag now. They're adding an extra month to the build (according to the No Surrender preview) that they didn't need to add. They could've revealed Devon a week ago, a month ago, whenever, but the leader should have been tonight. It really captured the whole night in a nutshell: you come in expecting something great, but it falls short of expectations.

Or he gets high again because he's gone in a few months and screws over the fans again.

Also, as true as that first part is, I absolutely hate it. Somewhere along the line, the idea of doing something bad, then not doing it again became more praiseworthy than not doing it at all, which makes zero sense when you think about it.

It's just human nature man, it is a feeling as old as love and hate. The prodigal son scripture form the bible is basically what you just said. Not saying the bible is right at all, just saying that people have felt what you said for a long time.

It's just human nature man, it is a feeling as old as love and hate. The prodigal son scripture form the bible is basically what you just said. Not saying the bible is right at all, just saying that people have felt what you said for a long time.

I know. I just don't like it. I've never drank, smoked, or gotten in any major trouble in my life. My cousin claims she's quitting smoking. "Oh wow that's so great. We're so proud of you." Hey uh, I never started smoking. "Well you shouldn't have. You know better than that."

Makes no sense and almost encourages people to do stupid stuff.

For one, I didn't like the title match. I get it, Hardy vs Aries was built around the title and redemption, but Storm and Roode should've been for the belt. King Mo shouldn't have been anywhere near that match either (I'm glad he had limited involvement, though). None of the other matches had any problems, so to speak, but none of them wowed me. You build toward Bound for Glory every year, you want the matches to have that something special. All of them were good, but none of them jumped out at me. The worst part of the show was the Devon reveal, though. He's not the leader, but don't just give us a small piece of the puzzle after months of build. If the Aces and Eights angle wasn't dragging before, it definitely will drag now. They're adding an extra month to the build (according to the No Surrender preview) that they didn't need to add. They could've revealed Devon a week ago, a month ago, whenever, but the leader should have been tonight. It really captured the whole night in a nutshell: you come in expecting something great, but it falls short of expectations.

That's perfectly fine and reasonable you expected more and diddnt get it no problems

Yeeeaaahh, this is why I don't like Hardy...

I was hoping Hardy would've walked out the loser with face paint made of his own blood. I am disappointed.

I cannot wait to see this show, it sounds pretty awesome for the most part.

Looking forward to seeing all the title changes, especially Hardy and Tara's wins, and that Roode/Storm match sounds brutal!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back