The {Original} Wrestlezone Tournament

They don't call Flair the 60 minute man for nothing! Flair just fought thrity minutes, that is nothing to Flair, as hard fought as it may have been, Flair could Fight another sixty minutes easy!

Damn the Final 4....well 5

Ric Flair vs Stone Cold vs Eddie Guerrero - i think these 3 men in there primes could blend extremely well to make a hell of a match. I struggled withg this one but out of the 3 i just cant picture Stone Cold getting pinned. I see austin down and flair is set to lock the figure four in buut as he does the turn austin there to hit a stunner and ghet the victory.
Winner : STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN

Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels - classic match that was great 10 years ago and could still be today. HBK in his prime is built for this tournament so much endurance(wm 12 iron man match....95 rumble winning after entering #1) i see the band tuning up just like last night on cena, some sweet chin music sends The Showstoppa to the finals.
Winner : "THE HEARTBREAK KID" SHAWN MICHAELS

Eddies gonna lie cheat and steal this one. Just think of the triple threat match he had with Chyna and Venis(I think). He pinned his onscreen girlfriend for the title. Or last years triple threat match between Cena, Edge and RVD, Eddie would cherrypick a win just like Edge did, no doubt.

And Shawn always beats the Taker. He's beat him in a casket match and hell in the cell, both of UT's specialties. Taker deserved to get here but this is where it ends.

And Eddie Vs HBK in the finals? No matter how many stupid votes were made in this tournament, there is no match I would rather see end it. I'm completely marking out and can't predict a winner yet.

My picks.
Hmm, Match 1 is tough with that triple threat rule. I'm not sure how much experience Flair has in one of those matches.. But since it is an elimination match if Flair can get it down to a one on one, he can move on. The big thing is this is Flair and Austin's 2nd match right after going to a time limit draw, whereas Guerrero was relatively fresh against the Big Show, as fresh as you can be. I dunno damn it. I think Flair makes Guerrero tap and as soon as he gets up, Stunner by Austin and Austin moves on.

Match 2: undertaker vs. HBK
It looks like I'm in the minority on this one. These two have had three matchups. A regular match that ended up in a draw at Groundzero 97. HBK wins Hell in the Cell after being dominated the whole match by the dead man, but thanks to Kane, HBK wins. HBK wins a Casket Match after being dominated for the entire match, but thanks to Kane, he gets the win.

So that leads to this years royal Rumble, where without the help of Kane, The Deadman takes care of HBK. I think in this matchup, The undertaker takes down the Heartbreak kid. All i can say is, The Undertaker gets up from Sweet Chin Music regularly, whereas nobody gets up out of the Tombstone.

So my finals
Stone Cold STeve Austin vs. the Undertaker

As always shocky, great annalysis on the matches. And a great job on this tourney, can't say it enough. Great quality all the way through. As for the matches I would have to agree with you on both parts. I just see Stone Cold fighting through it all and taking advantage to win, No matter How tired he is. Also, the tombstone seems to be the ultimate finisher, and once it's applied to HBK, it's done

I said it once but Flair takes out Stone Cold's knees, hard for me to see him getting the chance to Stun Flair! My tarheels took a beating, time for the Natch to pull this out!

I see Eddie winning because he is a lot fressher than the other two,but you cannot count Flair out becuase in his prime he went for an hour for days on end.So its between Eddie and Flair to me.I would rather see Flair win though.As for Undertaker and Shawn i see them having a very good and sort of lengthy match and in the end we see Shawn counter a Chokeslam and hit the SWEET CHIN MUSIC.

Shawn vs. Flair in the finals all they way and Shawn will win.

Just a fantastic tournament Shockmaster, one of the first threads I check out when I come online.

Semi finals look very good, though I was hping Uastin would beat Flair, thought Big Show would beat Eddie as well... but the tournament has been full of surprises which has kept things interesting, still think The Rock should of beaten Flair and Kane should/would of destroyed Raven..

Anyway.. semi finals time.
Triple Threat has 1 of my all time favourites, 1 guy i really liked and was a big fan of, and one guy that while he was great in the ring I never liked. Having said that no matter what I have to go for my favourite, but in this case it is possible to. Austin stuns both Flair and Eddie to pick up the win.

Undertaker and HBK have had some great battles and I like them both. That being said HBK'S big wins over Taker, HIAC Casket Match, have been the result of outside help after Taker had dominated... to me HBK goes for the Sweet Chin Music, Taker grabs his foot and pulls him in for a Chokesam and then follows up with a Tombstone to win at around the 20 min mark.

My final: Stone Cold vs Undertaker.. wow what a match..

but really would u argue with any combination of who is left?? I know I wouldnt...

To think of last five standing we have Falir, Shawn and 3 people that WCW felt had either no future in the biz or were no way in hell maineventers
HBK v Austin for the finals

Actually, i see an interesting outcome here. Don't know if anyone will agree with me here, but i havn't seen yet a prediction for Eddie's win, whereas there are a few austins and a few flairs. Does anyone see a 50-50-0 result? Probably not, but it's something to talk about. oh, and, going against everyone else so far except The Shockmaster himself, I'm saying Undertaker. OK, maybe i could be classified as a mark, but i always love the Undertaker's entrance. He was at a house show a couple of years ago, not long after his WM return (in fact, I think it was the Wrestlemania Revenge tour here in the UK in 2004, just after WMXX) and his entrance, experienced live, is (to qoute hall-of-famer good ol' JR) spine-tingling. I love his persona, i love the way he wrestles, and, after all, he's beaten HBK recently, in a tag match just 2 days ago on Raw.

BTW, (i may be reported for the wrong thread usage here, but, as far as i'm concerned, Bite Me) if anyone wants any userbars done, i can design them quite well. There will be a CM Punk one in my sig soon, that's my 1st one. If anyone wants some, just holla at ya boy. Or better yet, PM me. :)

In the end though, the Deadman is too much for the Funker to handle and the Undertaker moves on with, XFEAR, just skip this part and go to the next match, 82% of the vote.

In the words of the immortal Ron Simmons,

DAMN!

That sucks. I was all marked up to abolish my previous prediction of HBK and go with Funk to win it all, but guess not now huh? Tough as shit round here, and I totally agree with what someone before me said that this is definately one of the first if not the first thread I check out whenever I come on here, Bravo Shockmaster.

The Wrestlezone Tournament - The Semi Finals
Ric Flair vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Eddie Guerrero
This is the toughest match I've had to call the entire tournament. I mean lets just go through the candidates here. Ric Flair, easily the greatest of all time despite what I may have marked out about before. Stone Cold however, I picked to beat Flair last round, and I still stand by that decision that Austin would defeat Flair. Flair's the best, I admit it everyone, but Austin has a winning streak like no one else on the planet. Here's a guy who you can name every single legend and great of the last twenty years, and he's beaten em. Nobody comes out of main event match up with Austin, nobody. And then, right out of the corner, comes Eddie freakin Guerrero. I hate it when people discredit Eddie and not being main event caliber, if you think that your absolutely insane and need to see alot more of Eddie's indy stuff, and right f'n now. Especially his ECW stuff. Infact, just look at this match:
ECW: Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko 2 out of 3 Falls Farewell Match

Tryin to say he can't hold a main event now? Anyways, after thirty tough as hell minutres between Flair and Austin, Guerrero sneaks in and gets the victory cleanly, not by cheating despite what everyone has said. This is the biggest shocker of the tourny for me, I never thought I'd be picking Guerrero over Austin and Flair, but in this situation you gotta go with Latino Heat. RIP.
Winner: Eddie Guerrero

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
This has already been seen a few times, and every time HBK came out on top. I don't discredit the Taker here, but the fact is that despite his awesome monster peak of the early to late nineties, he's still not as good as HBK was in his 92-98 prime. I don't want to piss off all the Taker marks, but HBK takes this one rather easily, but in a long and hard battle worthy of both wrestler's individual talents.
Winner: Shawn Michaels

So...the finals...

Shawn Michaels vs. Eddie Guerrero

Wet dream come true. All I can say. Give this match an ECW or ROH atmosphere, and you've got the greatest match ever.

Anytime now, we'll find out if the greatest wrestler of all-time got past the rattlesnake and the lying, cheating Eddie Guerrero. We'll also see if the dead man, tombstoned HBK out of the tourney or if HBK tuned up the band and landed the greatest sweet chin music shot on the dead man to take him out.

Alright, here we go with Results from the Semi Finals

Match 1: Which is actually the 2nd match of the nigh tfor these guys.
Austin vs. Flair vs. Guerrero
The big issue is, after going to a time limit draw, how would Eddie Guerrero capitalize on this. Austin and Flair we all know want a piece of each other to finish the score. Guerrero takes a page out of Jake the Snakes book in the royal rumble, and sits in the corner and lets the two figureheads go at it.

The Tide quickly turns as both Austin and Flair begin to take it out on Guerrero. This match goes back and forth. Finally Eddie locks on the Laso From El Paso on Ric Flair. Out of nowhere, a kick to the gut, and a Stunner. Austin pins Eddie Guerrero. The run of Latino Heat is over.

So now we're back where we started. Austin and Flair continue their war from earlier, when at last, Flair goes back to the vulnerable knees of Steve Austin. The Dirtiest player in the game nails a low blow which is perfectly legal ina triple threat match, does his strut, and locks the Figure four in the middle of the ring. This time Austin reverses the Figure Four and Flair is the one in pain. Austin has the reversal on Flair in what seems like an eternity before Flair finally taps out. The Ref calls for the bell, but their is controversy once again. The time has expired and Ric Flair is actually saved by the bell. Austin and Flair battle to a 40-40% tie once again. Both men stand up to a standing ovation from teh Detroit crowd.

Match 2:
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels.
The deadman takes an early advantage in this matchup, strikign early and often on the Heartbreak Kid. This match turns to be an instant classic as Shawn Michaels finally lands Sweet Chin Music on the Deadman. Taker kicks out after 2 and is now pissed off. Taker is unrelenting on Michaels and locks on the goozle for the Chokeslam. HBK goes up in the air, escapes the Chokeslam and rolls the Undertaker up for the pinfall. Shawn Michaels Advances to the Finals with 67% of the vote.

So here are our finals.
Triple Threat Elimination Matchup:
The Nature Boy Ric Flair vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels.

So here are some filler matchups to allowt he first two to rest up.
First Round Redemption Matchup
Bill Goldberg vs. the Mighty Gillberg

Because You Demanded it
Batista vs. the Ultimate Warrior

Ultimate Submission Matchup
Bret the Hitman Hart vs. Kurt Angle

Who is the Best Big Man
Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Big Van Vader

Don't Take you're eyes off teh Screen.
The Phenomenal AJ Styles vs. Mr. Monday Night Rob Van Dam

and the Main Event of the Evening
The Wrestlezone Tournament Finals
It all has come down to this.
Ric Flair vs. Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels

The Poll is now closed​

Shockmaster...I'm surprised at how you ended the Taker-HBK match. You could of ended it so much better than a roll up. Do you honestly think Taker in his prime loses to a roll up?

I think in the heat of the moment, yes. Taker has proven time and time again, he doesn't stay down for the Sweet Chin Music. So the only other way I could think of is HBK reversing one of his moves and completly suprising the deadman. Remember, Angle beat the Undertaker at No Way Out in very similar fashion.

Wow just WOW!!! This has been an amazing tournametn and honestly you cant go wrong with this match. Three legends i got much respect for Flair but my two favorite wrestlers of all time are Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold....thank god i have till saturday to vote cause i have no idea at this point.

Ric Flair vs. Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michales:Triple Threat Elimination Main Event Finals:I cannot think of a better main event.Well at least the two men I predicted from the very beginning are in the finals.I see Austin being the first one out by Flair finally beating him maybe with him tapping out or a low blow.Then I see Shawn and Flair going at it for about 15-20 minutes with both men bleeding and finally Shawn hits the Sweet Chin Music, wins the Tournament, and him and Flair shake hands.

A Triple Threat match for the finals? Who saw that coming? I read the post about the possbility earlier and thought that would be great, but never thought it would happen.

But more importantly, you did justice and gave Gillberg the rightful shot at redemption he deserved.

I have to go with HBK in the finals, I mean Flair and Austin both just went the limit twice, and I know, HBK won seven matches in, what was it, three nights? I just don't think Flair and Austin can last through another Triple Threat match...Doesn't matter what we think because this one ends:

HBK=33%
Flair=33%
Austin=33%

What then, Shocky? What are the plans?

the plan would be for me to probably shoot myself and say screw it, we'll start the whole thing over again. Probably it'll suck, but since it ends at 2 in the afternoon here, I'll have an emergency vote to end it at 6. I plan on this thing to be done the day before WM, and damn it, it'll happen.

Wow a Triple Threat match in the fianl, should be a terrific match up..

Surely Austin or Flair couldnt win... could they?? They ahve beaten the living hell out of each other and will be on the point of exhaustion... but that being said they are both fighters who dont have much, if any quit in them.

But Im still going to go with HBK... he is fresher and I think thats the reason he will win... well thats the reason that I am going to vote for him.. otherwise I would be throwing up options the rest of the year...

Whole card looks good... especially if The Ultimate Warrior vs Batista goes for less than 2 minutes.. maybe 1.. go Warrior.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back