The **ALL NEW** Complaint Thread - Infraction Complaints Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the rules should be toned down as the forum is great, but have almost post a essay everytime you want to post in the normal threads. Hell you need a topic sentence, and introduction, body and a conlcusion,. Can you guys just losen up a bit, hell even Suddam Hussien wasn't this harsh. This america, if we want to post a one sentence remark to a topic, we should be able to without or civil rights being violated as that is what this board is doing at times.

Also, as Jake and the others wll quickly point out, civil rights don't make a damn here. Listen, man, if you can't live without one sentence posts, that's what the spam zone is for. And the bar room. Hang out in the Spam Zone and fire away one sentence to your heart's content. And then, when a topic comes up you feel truly strongly about, it's easy to post a full post of a few sentences and major points.

Your complaint is a common one, but rather than complain, be happy there is a board like this, unique from the others, where people take these posts seriously. You write like an intelligent guy - don't shy away from that.

Complaint: Infraction for spamming

Thread: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=16795

Explanation: I was given an infraction for spamming for replying to a post...

post said:
Because unlike most of the mentioned above, Nigel's performance is consistently good, and like we agreed on, Nigel's a good mat wrestler when he feels like it. Lashley COULD have been good if they kept him on the Smackdown mid-card with Finlay rather than ECW main event with Big Show(and probably gotten more exposure too), Hogan at his best was 'meh' as far as in-ring action went, Warrior sucked when Savage wasn't across the ring from him, Batista sucks when he doesn't feel like doing his job (which until Taker got a hold of him was 90% of the time) and Cena gets WAAAAAAAAAAY more shit than he deserves. Like, a LOT more. In fact, I'm of the opinion that he doesn't deserve any shit, but I'm in a teeny minority.
My response said:
What makes Nigel's performances consistently good then, when Lashley's and Hogans and Warriors and Batista's performances are not?
I e-mailed the mod who gave it to me, and was told it was a "One line post with no real substance. Spam."

First, it is a line and a half, but that really isn't the biggest complaint. My comment contributes to the thread, addresses the topic, and encourages future discussion. And it was replied to and my question was answered. I do not see why a comment which positively creates discussion on the board can be considered spam.

Spam.

You could have added ''well Lashley does thins, McGuinness doesn't do this'' etc.

It was keeping discussion going in one of your threads. One of your threads that you do research on and then challenge people. You weren't keeping the discussion going so a good thread stays active. It was so you could have your fun dominating other posters.

Spam.

You could have added ''well Lashley does thins, McGuinness doesn't do this'' etc.
But, something like that would not have been on topic, and I had already addressed how Lashley and McGuinness work the similar style. The question was used to get a response and then reply to the response. And it all related back to the thread topic.

It was keeping discussion going in one of your threads. One of your threads that you do research on and then challenge people.
Completely inaccruate. It was a thread designed to challenge those on this board to explain why it was they felt Nigel was good, despite working a similar style as those they criticize. Which is why my comment was relevant.

You weren't keeping the discussion going so a good thread stays active. It was so you could have your fun dominating other posters.
Please read the thread, and then point me to where I did anything like that. While generally this statement might be true, in this case it is completely inaccurate. I've done nothing of the sort.

And, why does it matter who started the thread? What's wrong with a thread starter trying to keep interest in his thread?

It was a legitimate thread, and a legitimate post, which was relevant to the topic, expressed a concern explicitly related to the topic, and which generated discussion.

I fail to see how that's spam.

Spam is a post that adds nothing to a discussion, and my comment clearly did.

i recieved an infraction on the world x cup returns when all i said was that i missed the world x cup in 2004 and i was excited to see it now.i also said that i thought with the amout of talent of the x division in tna i could not wait to see wat the other countries have.i would like to know why i have recieved an infraction

I got an infraction too, for a one line post saying that I agreed with a poster for comparing Santino Marella to Roddy Piper....I was mad, but then I thought about it, and if I had elaborated on it a little more, just by saying why I agreed, that whether you hated Piper or loved him, you always watched Piper's pit, or when he was in the ring with a microphone, because you knew he was gonna say something great...and that I sensed that same kind of ability from Marella, that whether you loved or hated him, you always paid attention to him when he speaks...

Had I said that, I don't think I would have gotten the infraction...but, I didn't, so after looking back, I understood why whichever mod it was gave me a warning. If I had taken all of 2 minutes to explain WHY I liked his comparison between the two, I would have been fine. I have no problems with mods warning someone for a one line post that doesn't really say much.

i thought i elaborated enough because of the talent of the tna x division and could not wait to see what the other countries had in store. mine was also more then one line

^ ROFL

That guy owns you. He's master and commander to your Navaho Indian Chief.

why do noobs always complain when they break the rules that "this gut did it to" and point to Jake, Jake's admin he can do what he wants. Russofan if you were an admin here, you could probably break the rules and get away with them as well, but since your not, you better follow the rules

i got a new compalint, every single post i made results in an infraction, what's up with that? . Seems like the moderators in this forum consider too long or short post "spam". Sucks because we all here only want to talk wrestling... :(

i got a new compalint, every single post i made results in an infraction, what's up with that? . Seems like the moderators in this forum consider too long or short post "spam". Sucks because we all here only want to talk wrestling... :(

Seems more that your 2 posts were way to short and didn't give enough reasons. One of them all you did was state Cena being #30 was awesome, you needed to expand on this. We don't require you to write an essay just add enough reasoning behind your posts to expalin your views and encourage further debate, your comment on Cena did neither.

To add to that, you even received a warning first. Had the mod who saw your first post not been understanding of your rookie status, you'd be dealing with a one-week ban right now, so rather than being upset that you didn't understand the rules, why not be happy you're here and learn how to post a little better?

" Don't Spam (making useless topics or posts). Before you reply to a thread, ask yourself, "Does this post contribute to the thread?" If not, don't bother. Same thing goes with making new threads.."

But this doesn't say how long a post should be to be considered spam isn't a spam usually a one word, one sentence post? A post that's five sentences or more long (almost a paragraph) shouldn't be spam.

How does a user go by in deleting his account?

Yeah the one in the athlete of the week thread is not spam and should probably be reversed. But you din't go about deleting your account only Jonny and Jake can do that.

" Don't Spam (making useless topics or posts). Before you reply to a thread, ask yourself, "Does this post contribute to the thread?" If not, don't bother. Same thing goes with making new threads.."

But this doesn't say how long a post should be to be considered spam isn't a spam usually a one word, one sentence post? A post that's five sentences or more long (almost a paragraph) shouldn't be spam.

How does a user go by in deleting his account?

I've looked through your infracted posts, and to be honest I don't see how you can be upset by either of them. One of them was a 1 line post. The other was way off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back