Survivor 32: Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty II

Jason looked even stupider than Joe tonight. Which is impressive, considering Joe had a banner night. Jason earned his elimination by whiffing an obvious vote. At least vote for Michele and let me feel for you.

Jason favourite Survivor player is Russell Hantz. It seems logical that he fails to see the obvious.

Hyped for a final two this season.

Yeah Jason seemingly gave up and just wanted to go hang with Scott. But not voting out Tai was odd. Since the idol gets played next week it's hard to imagine Tai not being in the final 3 (endurance immunity challenge is all him). Unless of course the other 3 vote for him and he's stupid enough to give Michelle his idol.

Endurance immunity is all Tai's? I have vivid memories of Aubry and Sydney throwing down very competitive performances in some of this season's MANY such challenges.

And I'm not counting out Michele either. In any challenge. Dis gun be good.

Endurance immunity is all Tai's? I have vivid memories of Aubry and Sydney throwing down very competitive performances in some of this season's MANY such challenges.

And I'm not counting out Michele either. In any challenge. Dis gun be good.

Tai outlasted Syd to get one of his immunities after a tough battle. And I guess it depends what type of endurance it was. But if they do final 2 this year it might be something psychical at Final 4.

Tai outlasted Syd to get one of his immunities after a tough battle.
I remember. Not a victory I think anyone would describe as decisive. I doubt that needed to be edited to look like it was down to the wire. That seemed genuinely neck and neck. Same with the Aubrey vs Jason confrontation that neither Tai nor Sydney sat out if memory serves.

I'm not saying Tai wouldn't win such a challenge. But much of the remaining field is willing and able to go the distance with him.

Considering it's final two, I can't see them going into the finale with four people and doing a final 3, I want the classic hands on the idol challenge.

Aubry had my vote, but Michele is also a deserving winner. Her winning is proof of that.

I was disappointed Michelle won, for no reason other than that she was by far the most boring contestant left by the finale.

Yeah this felt like a bitter jury screwing Aubrey. Outside of the last 9 days out there Michelle didn't seem like she was even playing the game. Also was a little surprised Tai didn't get any votes but he did himself no favors by only bringing up his turning on Scott and Jason.

That said I loved the new twist tonight and hope it gets used again.

If you get to plead your case to the jury you have no excuse for losing. You didn't get robbed or screwed out of the win. You had a shot and you failed.

No case can be made for Aubrey winning. She was in the final three and only convinced two people. The game doesn't stop once you make the final three. Lebron gets to the finals all the time, he's often the best player in the series but he gets beaten all the time. That doesn't make the people who beat him less deserving. Survivor is the exact same thing.

Was Aubrey the best player? I think so. Was Aubrey better than Michele? Probably. Was she robbed? No. Whoever wins deserves to win. The final tribal council is just as important as anything else. You have to close the deal. Aubrey didn't. Michele was able to convince the jury to vote for her. In the end it's the only thing that matters.

EDIT: Also for those saying Aubrey got robbed keep in mind that she would have been out of the game if Survivor didn't pull the twist. Michele clearly votes out Aubrey and goes to the final two with Tai. She's lucky to even get to the final three. Michele didn't even need to use her advantage to vote out the fella who got injured on the jury.

I was surprised that Aubrey didn't win but Michelle held her ground well at the final tribal. That seemed like a very undecided group at the end. I'm kind of glad a social game won over a strategic game. It seems the juries over the last five years have become narrowly focused on the "big" moves than getting to the end without "rustling" too many feathers and just getting to the end. I'm afraid this is where Blade corrects my assessment on final tribals

If you don't have to make big moves to get to the end I don't believe you should be punished for it. Understanding your standing in the game is as important as doing things that make the producers and fans happy as long as it gets you to the end.

Michelle handled the final tribal very well sure and that's why she deserved to finish ahead of Tai. But Aubrey deserved the win. She played a much better game and played the game for more than the last 9 days. Also you could argue if Joe doesn't get pulled from the game that Michelle is out at 5 because she would've been if she didn't get that immunity. Not that we know what the challenge would've been.

At the very least Michelle is a bad winner because she's one of the most boring winners ever.

I was surprised that Aubrey didn't win but Michelle held her ground well at the final tribal. That seemed like a very undecided group at the end. I'm kind of glad a social game won over a strategic game. It seems the juries over the last five years have become narrowly focused on the "big" moves than getting to the end without "rustling" too many feathers and just getting to the end. I'm afraid this is where Blade corrects my assessment on final tribals

If you don't have to make big moves to get to the end I don't believe you should be punished for it. Understanding your standing in the game is as important as doing things that make the producers and fans happy as long as it gets you to the end.

You're pretty much spot on.

I saw an interesting comparison today, where someone said this FTC was very much like the Heroes vs. Villains FTC. You had Tai as Russell, who was a fan favourite but did a bunch of crazy shit that cost him any votes. You had Aubry as Parvati, who played a very clear strategic game but was unaware of the people she pissed off. And you had Michele as Sandra, who let the other two burn their bridges while she timed her moves to perfection.

And in the end, the vote could've gone either way, but I'm glad Michele won. She really grew on me over the last few weeks, while Aubry was getting boring. Plus, nice that the winner wasn't an uber Alpha male.

I could go into a big long rant about how the editors could've maybe done a little better, but I'll spare y'all. The fact is, whoever wins deserves to win. That's just how the game works.

Survivor: Millenials vs. Gen X though, eh? Decent concept with a shitty name.

Also you could argue if Joe doesn't get pulled from the game that Michelle is out at 5 because she would've been if she didn't get that immunity. Not that we know what the challenge would've been.

Yeah, and if Fairplay doesn't break down, or if Penner doesn't get medivaced, then Parvati doesn't win Micronesia. Survivor is about adapting to what's happening around you.

That Gen X vs Millenials ad seemed like it was targeting the 55 and older crowd. Very CBS.

Michelle handled the final tribal very well sure and that's why she deserved to finish ahead of Tai. But Aubrey deserved the win. She played a much better game and played the game for more than the last 9 days.

Michele won 5-2. It wasn't even a close vote. She was able to convince the jury to vote for her. You can do all the big moves you want but if you can't convince the majority of the jury to vote for you then you don't deserve to win. It's a fundamental part of the game and people need to understand that. Michele won 2 immunities, survived Tai trying to turn the tribe against her and won with her back against the wall to get into the final 3. She voted out her strongest alliance and still got that vote!

Also you could argue if Joe doesn't get pulled from the game that Michelle is out at 5 because she would've been if she didn't get that immunity. Not that we know what the challenge would've been.

Yeah but it's suspected that Aubrey goes home if Neal isn't pulled due to injury. If you're going to benefit from an injury you can't complain when an injury hurts your game.

:shrug:

At the very least Michelle is a bad winner because she's one of the most boring winners ever.

People say Kim Spradlin was boring but she's top three to ever play the game. Being boring in the eyes of the viewer does not make you a bad winner.

Bob Crowley, Danni Boatwright and Jenna Morasca all have their best moments at the end. They all win and none of them are the best player from that season. You can do all the big moves you like for 38 days but if you can't convince the jury to vote for you then you don't deserve the victory.

I don't agree about Danni not being the best from Guatemala. She is an improved version of Chris from Vanuatu to me. Rafe has become very overrated in time, imo.

Michele won 5-2. It wasn't even a close vote. She was able to convince the jury to vote for her. You can do all the big moves you want but if you can't convince the majority of the jury to vote for you then you don't deserve to win. It's a fundamental part of the game and people need to understand that. Michele won 2 immunities, survived Tai trying to turn the tribe against her and won with her back against the wall to get into the final 3. She voted out her strongest alliance and still got that vote!

So because Michelle did nothing the majority of the season and there for didn't piss anyone off she deserved to win?

Yeah but it's suspected that Aubrey goes home if Neal isn't pulled due to injury. If you're going to benefit from an injury you can't complain when an injury hurts your game.

:shrug:

Possible but not if he played the idol for her. On that topic I'm still annoyed he didn't hand off the idol on his way out.

People say Kim Spradlin was boring but she's top three to ever play the game. Being boring in the eyes of the viewer does not make you a bad winner.

I would never call her boring. Or about anybody who played as good as her. I haven't even heard anybody call her boring.

Bob Crowley, Danni Boatwright and Jenna Morasca all have their best moments at the end. They all win and none of them are the best player from that season. You can do all the big moves you like for 38 days but if you can't convince the jury to vote for you then you don't deserve the victory.

I'd be lying if I said I really remember much from their seasons so I have no comment about them.

So because Michelle did nothing the majority of the season and there for didn't piss anyone off she deserved to win?

Michele deserves to win because the other two finalists failed to convince the jury to vote for them.

Your argument of her not playing a majority of the game doesn't really work because she went 22 days before going to tribal council. Of course Aubrey is going to have more moves than her, Michele was helping her team win challenges and didn't have to scramble for her life like Aubrey did.

Then when Michele did go to tribal her first two votes were massive blindsides. She was right there with the majority voting out Nick (who Michele had convinced they were tight and together until the end) and Debbie. Her first two chances at tribal council she was involved in major moves. That's her playing before the final 9 days.

She voted out Julia. That happened on day 29 which is earlier than you're giving her credit for. Michele played a majority of the game. You saying she only played the last 9 days is flat out wrong.

Possible but not if he played the idol for her. On that topic I'm still annoyed he didn't hand off the idol on his way out.

Him not passing the idol to her was a dick move.

I would never call her boring. Or about anybody who played as good as her. I haven't even heard anybody call her boring.

One World is always ranked as one of the worst seasons mainly due to Kim's dominance over the entire field. She gets the boring tag a lot due to the season being rather shit. Doesn't take away from her greatness of course. It's boring because she has the game won by the merge.

As soon as I finished watching the finale I knew this exact conversation was coming. I really dont think Aubrey played that great of a game. Nobody really did

In a game where you're taking away 17 other people's chance at a million dollars, some of whom have waited years to play the game, I would say that not pissing people off is a very difficult thing to do. It certainly shouldn't count as doing nothing.

Hell, Joe appeared to do nothing, and he still pissed people off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back