• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Royal Rumble: The Royal Rumble Match

they need to spice it up a little like someone said surprise us why not have big show come back or rvd or someone i mean having batista vs trips at wm24 thats horrible no intrigue in that yea people will buy it but its a waste idk cena comes mayb i wouldent mind cena vs orton was a great summer rivalry they should pick it up again..or have rvd come back or big show big show most likley anyways my pick unfourtantley is batista :(

If i had to pick someone that i would want to win it would be kennedy. He was set to be pushed on two seperate occasions, but they had different misfortunes that kept this from happening. I also wouldn't be suprised to see an ecw wrestler that they have hyped in ecw to win it and switch brands such as, Morrison or somebody else. In actuallity i see HHH winning it and facing Orton at Wrestlemania, then Taker will more than likely win the Elimination Chamber and face Edge.

Triple H may be back in the RR picture...I hope not.

I'm leaning towards Mr. Kennedy winning now more than ever. I bet the whole deal between Finlay and Vince will lead to Kennedy being Vince's "bastard son", like he was originally intended to be.

it has to be a Raw superstar who wins it. i believe the undertaker will win the chamber match at nwo. my guess at the moment would be HHH after he qualifies this week. Or i could be wrong and it could be Batista.

I think that HHH will not qualify for the rumble because Vince will screw him out of the victory,and Taker will win the rumble making it back to back and hhh will win the chamber match to face orton at Mania while Taker faces edge.

Kane should win it. The guy's been around for 11 years and has yet to have a legitimate title reign. C'mon people you know as well as i do.....he deserves it!!!

Kane should win it. The guy's been around for 11 years and has yet to have a legitimate title reign. C'mon people you know as well as i do.....he deserves it!!!

Sorry, I'm gonna have to say no, he doesn't. Kane isn't what he used to be. Character, or talent wise. He's no longer scary, which defeats the purpose of any 'monster' gimmick. And he's cutting back on finding anything new. Its become a normal routine to him anymore to go out, hit a couple regular moves, & thats it. Until he finds his passion again.. & relearns a couple extra moves.. Kane deserves exactly what he's getting.. pushes against no-names, & defeats against everyone else.

Now then, does anyone realize this could be a HUGE Royal Rumble? Perhaps one of the biggest? Seriously, lets step back & look at some of the names that have already qualified. (not all, just the bigger ones)

1. Shawn Michaels (former 2 time Rumble winner)
2. Undertaker (hopes to repeat from last year's victory)
3. Batista (2005 winner of the Rumble)
4. Kane (dominate in previous Rumble's)
5. The Great Khali (bigger isn't the best for this event, but his power serves)
6. Mick Foley (dark horse of the group - still a force)
7. Umaga (made a huge first year, went undefeated & is still a force)
8. Mark Henry (has the power to make things happen)
-------------------------------

Now, the possible entries..

1. Mr. Kennedy (definate up-and-comer, has great potential to be a dark horse)
2. Triple H. (previous Rumble winner, & odds on favorite to win if he gets in)
3. Big Show (possible return spoiler? What better impact than to win)
4. Ric Flair (hey, he'd only lose his career via a loss in single's matches.. so what if he got the heavyweight title shot in the main event of Mania?)

All in all, I completely look for this Royal Rumble to be better than previous years past. And in the end, I think it'll come down to ALL the big names, to leave everyone in suspense as to who could win. I see it coming down to Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Batista & Triple H. (if in)

If thats the case, why not have Triple H. & Batista eliminate each other, setting up their rumored Mania feud.. leaving a repeat finish of last year, with a possible role reversal with H.B.K. ending up the winner, for the 3rd time! Shawn Michaels deserves headlining Wrestlemania.. I don't care how old the guy gets, or how much Hardy marks think "younger talent" deserve their push.. H.B.K., for as long as he remains as solid as he is.. deserves every Mania Main Event for years to come. The man is everything about Mania, so why not allow him one more Championship.

So many possible winners with this one. I would have to say overall I think that Shawn Michaels will win or Triple H, but within my top five have to be some people who have been a bit quiet as of lately, well not queit but someone you wouldnt expect win like Kennedy or Kane, really cant see Kane winning though maybe even Batista and Undertaker but Undertake won it last year! So all depends if they want a Smackdown Mania event or Raw one.

If its Raw expect Triple H or Michaels or Kennedy to win

If Smackdown, then Batista.

well actually shawn michaels wouldent be a bad winner i would love him to headline wrestlemania he is in fact"mr wrestlemania" and it would set up a good storyline with michaels like them saying "releiving the boyhood dream once more" blah blah but the problem here is i think i speak for everyone here when i say i dont wanna see orton vs micahels at mania 24 i love orton but im tired of the rivalry in order for michaels to win the rumble they have to take the strap off orton which i dont see happening until mania 24 against whoever hes facing

On the last Raw before Royal Rumble I think HHH will prevail and get back into the Rumble. Vince mentioned match but didn't mentioned what kind. My guess is going to be a No Holds Barred Handicap Match against Snitsky & Umaga.

At this point, there are talks of Batista winning the rumble and moving to RAW to challenge the WWE Champ, talks of Triple H winning and facing Orton at WM & of course the possibilty of Undertaker going for his 2nd straght Rumble win and go after Edge!!

Last year we got a huge surprise of the Undertaker & Shawn Michaels being the last 2 in the Rumble Match & the same 2 top legendary superstars that have been talked in the WWE News & People Voting to win that Rumble might I add. Same thing could happen this year.

Seeing that Smackdown has won the Rumble I think 2 or 3 times in a row & since the Undertaker has already won last years Rumble & would like to see him in & win his first Elimination Chamber Match at NWO, I would just give the Rumble to Triple H or another RAW guy or even I hate to say Batista which I hope not. For all that to happen I would see Batista/HHH/Taker being the last 3 men in the Rumble match, The Edge-Heads appear & attack the Undertaker & try to get him over the ropes, at that point Batista would then roll Undertaker along with the Edgeheads all over the top ropes and hitting the ground getting Taker Eliminated. Batista/HHH will be the last 2 where i'll predict Triple H finish Batista off.

I can almost Garentee that HHH is winning this rumble. It's just a matter of looking at the other guys and eliminating them. Plus, if HHH does NOT win this rumble, who will? Flairs not in it, for those of you that had a glimse of hope he'd win, Micheals knee is to bad for a main event run, I can't remember the last time the guy went two years without injury, Batista seems to have a love hate thing going on with Undertaker at the moment, and I don't think we're gonna see the end of it. HHH has nothing going on but a mini feud with Regal, and you'll notice that his storyline is the only one thats even remotly "royal rumble match" related. Everyone else simply qualifies and moves on to whatever, but HHH actually has to "earn" his. The WWE should build up multiple storylines going into the rumble. I knew Micheals wouldn't win last year simply because it was only two weeks earlier that HHH was healthy and they wouldn't change rumble plans that fast, would they?

Plus, we all know HHH wants the main event at Mania. Thats a no brainer.

I like the idea of Batista winning the rumble. At the end of day its only going to be between him, hhh or the undertaker as these are the guys who we expect to be in the main events at main. i can see hhh wining the chamber match and then orton/batista/hhh in the main event of mania in a triple threat.
I think this would def give extra spice then say a hhh/orton main event. Its like hhh against both his boys from evoution in the main stage of them all

They could then do a rematch at no way out with hardy/orton again.

:undertaker2:

The Undertaker will win the Royal Rumble for the second year in a row, joining Stone Cold Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels and Hulk Hogan as the guys who win two in a row. That way, he and Edge have a two month build-up to Wrestlemania so they can truly publicize the undefeated streak of the Undertaker vs. unbeaten Edge, whose only official loss was in Money in the Bank after he couldn't compete.

As for the WWE title, remember that the Elimination Chamber will be for the RAW brand, so I could see Batista somehow going to RAW and winning it, setting up either Batista vs. Orton or the talked about triple threat match between HHH, Batista and Orton.

In the end, I just see Batista winning the rumble, then moving over to RAW to challenge Randy Orton. Trust me, there are several guys I would rather win the Rumble other than Batista, because I'm not a member of Batista's fan club. I would like to see a new face win the Rumble, but I honestly don't think any of the younger talent is ready to win the Rumble and carry the MAIN program going into Wrestlemania. Besides, this is the time that Vince likes to lean on the established stars. And while I personally have had my fill of Batista of late, he is established star who can carry a big program.

You know, the more and more I think about it, the more I think that this is going to happen...

Orton/Hardy has been receiving a lot of positive reviews right now as well as a massive push for the feud. It seems like they really want both of these guys to succeed. Since I doubt Hardy will win the title at the Royal Rumble, I think, depending on how well they do, Hardy may very well be involved at Wrestlemania as well.

With that being the case, the safest bet for them 100% around is for the Undertaker to win the Royal Rumble, not Batista. Despite how I'm not a huge fan of Batista, we all know that he's an option they're considering. Batista/Orton to headline Wrestlemania, over Taker/Edge, when Taker and Edge have an actual feud that's been going on for nearly a year? Yeah right. Safest bet, have the Undertaker win, give the feud its proper spot, and then use the Elimination Chamber for Raw. Up until No Mercy, they toy with the idea of having different #1 contenders...who can do well at Wrestlemania as opposed to who else, blah blah blah. Finally, they make a decision, and then they "cast" the entrants based on that decision.

Now, for the most likely participants in the Elimination Chamber, if it is in fact a Raw chamber, are these: Triple H, Hardy, HBK, Jericho, JBL, Kennedy, Umaga, Big Show, Lashley, Batista

Out of those, they pick the 6 that reflect their ultimate choice to win. Guaranteed not to win are JBL, Kennedy, Jericho, Umaga, Big Show, and Lashley. As for how Batista can get over there, its simple. All you need is for someone else to be chosen for the 6th person, then have Batista flat out challenge the person for their spot, defeat them, and take it. Its not like its against the law to have someone wrestle on another show just cause they're on a different brand. Look what happened when Kennedy lost the Money in the Bank to Edge. Kennedy was on Smackdown, Edge took it on Raw, used it on Smackdown, jumped over there from Raw.

So since they don't NEED Batista to win the Royal Rumble...but they DO need the Undertaker to win either the RR itself or the chamber afterwards, and if he enters the chamber with a bunch of nobodies then it'll be obvious he'll come out on top (c'mon, is anybody going to believe that it would be Mark Henry vs Edge after all this build-up?), then the safest bet is to simply have the Undertaker win two years in a row.

Here's my theory, Batista wins the rumble, chooses Orton as his Wrestlemania opponet for the WWE Title. HHH weasles his way into the match leading up to wrestlemania, making it a triple threat match.

Then Jeff Hardy wins the rumored Elimination Chamber match, and goes for the World Title against Edge! Maybe A TLC match! HArdy is way over right now, and I think could be a main eventer at Wrestlemania.

Flair then battles HBK in a "loser retires" match. Flair loses....

Undertaker wil probably draw a "younger star" either Kennedy, lashly or MVP as his wrestlemania opponent, with the winner getting a big push by ending takers undefeated streak.

Jericho, Mysterio and JBL are the wildcards.

this weeks ecw might well show a change in the plans! punk gets screwed by edge this week...chavo wins next week to take the title! punk is a surprise entrant into the rumble...wins it and goes after edge for a match at mania! would certainly fit the bill and get a chance to move punk onto a bigger brand which they need to to!
save the edge/taker main event for mania 25 where it could be edges time to end takers streak!

*sigh* now that triple h is back in the picturee as of his victory next week, we all knowww hes winning unless they look in taker or batistas direction, which i doubt

Unfortunately I think the winner is going to be Batista.

I think HHH will weasle his way in making it a triple threat main event.

Unless they have Kennedy or Lashley win it, which I highly doubt. (Either would be great in my opinion)

I don't think any other Smackdown superstars have a chance, Undertaker being the exception.

I would love for Y2J or Shelton Benjamin to take it, but I know it's not gonna happen.

I really hope WWE surprises the crap out of us...but I just don't think it is gonna happen. It will be Undertaker, HHH, or Batista in my opinion.

Personally, now with how storylines are going, I see the Big Show returning on RAW monday night, and beating Triple H. So trips will not be involved in the RR, or enter number one or something, making the chance of a batista or Undertaker all the more likely in my opinion. I think that trips will then win the elimination chamber at NWO, securing HIS spot in the WM main event.

This all jus sorta dawned on me, when thinking about Vince's mystery opponet for trips to qualify, and the fact that show is supposed to be coming soon...

I can't see them feeding Big Show to Triple H as a stepping stone to the Rumble, and God knows Triple H is going to win the Rumble. I think it's quite obvious. Especially since he can challenge anyone and the rumors of Trips/Tista 2 were buzzing around. I hope not though, that would ruin Edge vs Taker and that main event would be shit. But the way it looks right now, I think HHH will walk out the winner.

I can't see them feeding Big Show to Triple H as a stepping stone to the Rumble, and God knows Triple H is going to win the Rumble. I think it's quite obvious. Especially since he can challenge anyone and the rumors of Trips/Tista 2 were buzzing around. I hope not though, that would ruin Edge vs Taker and that main event would be shit. But the way it looks right now, I think HHH will walk out the winner.

yea, thats my other guess. He will either win, or not be in it at all lol....I dont think they would feed show to trips, I think show might come back and squash him, and Trips wont be in the RR at all, at least not the match, jus elsewere in the PPV...and then win the chamber match to get his spot at WM. But then again, they may be building the angle of trips having to battle uphill against McMahon, to get to be in the rumble and coming thru in the end to win it. If thats the angle they are trying to go with, they have done an extremely weak job of pushing it lol

Reports say that No Way Out, has been advertised as the RAW brand, Randy Orton,Jeff Hardy, Shawn Michaels,Lashley,Kennedy and Umaga are included but not Jericho or Triple H. If this is true, a smackdown star or ECW will win the rumble. Could be Batista or Undertaker. Likely to be Undertaker to set up streak vs streak against edge,

How can Orton be in the Chamber? I don't get it, this leads me to conclude that if these reports are true, Triple H will win the belt at Rumble, he hasn't used his rematch clause since he lost the belt, could he do what Orton done to him and use it?

I guarentee, that Triple H will win the Royal Rumble, there is now way that he will be left of the Rumble ppv altogether...

And since he isnt really in a fued, he will win this match on Raw and go on to win the Rumble.

I agree with what seems to be the general consensus: the winner will be batista, undertaker, or HHH...most likely HHH. We know that one way or another HHH will be in the main event at wrestlemania.

The only potential "surprise" that has even a tiny chance of winning might be lashley if they brought him back and wanted to give him a huge push...but I don't think they will go that route.

I'm also curious...it's been the case that winning the rumble means a title shot at wrestlemania. To the best of my recollection, has anyone ever won the rumble but then lost the wrestlemania match and not ended up getting the title? Off the top of my head I can't recall (outside of instances when there was more than 1 winner, or Mcmahon winning the rumble). Is it pretty much a given that winning the rumble means you'll be champion, or have there been times where that didn't happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back