• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Royal Rumble: The Royal Rumble Match

Well before I make my pick, I'll go over the facts so I don't pick someone I might regret.

HHH can't be in the rumble, so he can't win. Jeff and Mysterio are in the main events so they won't be in it either. Whoever ends up challenging CM Punk for the ECW title most likely won't be in it either, so that leaves whoever that might be out of the picture.

Huh with so many people either out of the rumble, or injured this is hard to pick, so I'm going totally random on this one.

My pick is RVD, hey like I said it's random, and the facts that he's been resting up, and he'd be a surprise entry are both in his favor.

this royal rumble is a tough 1 to call as hhh isnt apart of the show, undertaker is set to face edge at wm but if he wins what will that mean for ric flair if he is in the match? it also leaves out batista who is roumerd to go to raw so that leaves the elmination chamber match wide open for someone to win. i think flair could win but if hes not in the match it will be........ undertaker i think. if not batista and taker wins e.c or vice versa. look out for hardy 2 elmininate mvp if hes fit by then. hhh to do a run in at some point and jericho to beat jbl.

Mhmmm... Royal Rumble... Well I can't yet guess whos winning it, but I can narrow it down a few.

Lashley will return in the rumble match amd make it to the final four. The Big Returnee always last till the final four in the rumble match. But there is no way he will win.

Flair will make it to the final 5, but then get eliminated by someone for McMahon, probablyt either Shane or Regal.

Y2J and JBL probably have a match at the Rumble itself, so even if they're in, neither will win it.

Mysterio and Jeff are in the other main events, and Chavo more than likely as well.

Right now, I'm guessing HHH will win. Even though right now he's "not in anymore", he'll win some sort of "Last Chance battle Royal" the week before the rumble match. But I'm not setting that guess in stone, I'm gonna see what happens in the upcoming weeks.

to me there is no chance in hell boretista will win the rumble twice in his career and undertaker will not win twice in a row hbk is injured jeff is in the main event so is mysterio so the winner of the rumble wil be.............................................R.V.D or lashley only because there are no other good options

The Royal Rumble will be hard to pick a winner this year, I don't really have much clue who will win as Triple H isn't in the Rumble, and Rey and Jeff aren't in it. I don't think Undertaker will win 2 years in a row. The only person I can really think of is Lashley. I think he could return and win it but I have no idea.

So far, the announced participants are Shannon Moore, Jimmy Wang Yang, Snitsky, The Miz, and John Morrison......as if any of them have a chance due to the people they'd be facing. Umaga and Morrison would have the best chances to win out of those two, and they're heels, so they wouldn't have Orton/Morrison or Edge/Umaga or something. It really only comes down to the Undertaker, Batista, Triple H (in some sort of "last chance to enter it" thing), or HBK, really.

However, this still opens up conversation. For instance, now that we know Snitsky is going to be involved, I have a feeling he'll be eliminated by someone like Lashley to set up a feud between the two.

Edit: On Raw tonight, we saw Hornswoggle (who didn't see that coming, right?) and Mick Foley (that one was a surprise to me) win Rumble qualification matches. They also announced that Hardcore Holly is in it, and on WWE.com, it says that there will be a match between Carlito/Santino vs DH Smith/Drew McIntyre for another double qualification, and we all know the former is going to beat the latter team.

So that leaves us with these 11 so far in the RR:

Hornswoggle, Mick Foley, Hardcore Holly, Carlito, Santino Marella, The Miz, John Morrison, Shannon Moore, Jimmy Wang Yang, Umaga, Snitsky

None of which have any chance hahaha.

From the looks of things right in Raw Roulette Triple H got his revenge on William Regal so thats out of the way & now with a couple of weeks of Raw to go before the Rumble, thats about good enough time left for HHH now to focus on somehow getting his ass back into that Rumble. To Me it looks like it has to happen on a count that the card is starting to look full with the following matches confirmed:

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Edge vs. Rey Mysterio

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy

CAREER THREATENING MATCH
Ric Flair vs. The MVP

Chris Jericho vs. John Bradshaw Layfield

By the way probably easy to figure out that Matt Hardy of course will somehow help Flair so he can fight another & for revenge on MVP

Back to what I was saying that likely the ECW Title & Either a Women's Title or another Divas match could happen. Possibly 7 Matches right there including the Rumble Match which of course needs an hour so I don't HHH in any way having a single match of any kind so like I says he has time to get back in and should be in.

Unless WWE gives us a spoiler on the Rumble winner down the road this years is still a toss up. We all know Undertaker is the Smackdown favorite & for Raw it could be anybody in my view but not HBK. Others could be (Batista/Kennedy/TripleH). This will all probably depend on which brand do they want to see get the Elimination Chamber Match at No Way Out.

Well I think WWE pulls a rabbit out of its hat and has a double winner ala Royal Rumble 1994. And I think Batista & Undertaker both win. Truthful I could see that happen BUT I could also see Vince coming down and having the match finish. But it would add to the Batista-Taker-Edge feud. And would set up a 3 way WHC match at WM24.

But it would be cool to see Lashley return and win it out of nowhere, or maybe see someone from ECW win it and make something of the ECW brand. Or just for once have someone who you wouldn't think of win it. Like Flair (lol never gonna happen).

Well I think WWE pulls a rabbit out of its hat and has a double winner ala Royal Rumble 1994. And I think Batista & Undertaker both win. Truthful I could see that happen BUT I could also see Vince coming down and having the match finish. But it would add to the Batista-Taker-Edge feud. And would set up a 3 way WHC match at WM24.

But it would be cool to see Lashley return and win it out of nowhere, or maybe see someone from ECW win it and make something of the ECW brand. Or just for once have someone who you wouldn't think of win it. Like Flair (lol never gonna happen).

They've already had two people win twice in the Royal Rumble, one of them being Batista just a few years ago. I doubt they'll do it again so soon.

And idk why everyone assumes Lashley is going to win, even if he's the "big comeback from injury" or whatever. WWE doesn't do things in terms of "being different for the sake of being different" or sporadic changes, they follow plans.

Either the Undertaker is going to win and challenge Edge, allowing for the Elimination Chamber to be a Raw event, or someone that can handle the main event of Wrestlemania will win and challenge Orton, allowing the Undertaker to win the chamber. Jericho's push is done with, HBK's feud with Orton is forgotten already, they won't do Kennedy/Orton or Umaga/Orton, etc. All the reports we're getting leaves only 3 options to challenge Orton: Batista (unfortunately), Triple H (if the Flair angle finishes without him), or Jeff Hardy, the last two being only from the Elimination Chamber and Batista being only if he wins the Royal Rumble. If Orton retains against whoever he goes up against, then yeah, I could see Lashley having a match against him after Wrestlemania, but they're sure as hell not gonna trust their main event of the year to Lashley and Orton, especially when you consider how horrible their promos would be.

EDIT: Something I forgot to mention in the post earlier, and I don't want to double-post...

We all know there are some "Royal Rumble standards" that always happen. So which ones do you think are going to be fulfilled by whom?

1. Comic relief segment = Most likely Hornswoggle, though it won't be funny
2. Eliminated in less than a minute = Super Crazy maybe, if he's in it?
3. He who gets screwed by someone who was already eliminated = Normally, its HBK lol
4. Shock Entrance = Lashley
5. Feud that comes out of it = I could see it being Lashley/Snitsky
6. Person attacked before they can enter the ring = Moore or Yang? Idk. Maybe Hardcore Holly since Santino and Carlito are in it.
7. The big guy that is eliminated by 6+ people = Big Daddy V
8. The House Cleaner (guy who shows up in the teens, eliminates like 5 people in a row) = Kane, Lashley, Festus, Umaga?
9. Final Four = Batista, Undertaker, MVP, and someone else...idk.

What else am I forgetting?

Have you noticed that the last couple of years, that the last couple of people in the rr usualy both go to wm. Last year hbk came second and he went to mania. 06 rey won, orton came second, orton was in the mainevent, hhh came 3rd nd took on John Cena. 05 batista won, orton came second and vs JBL at mania

Okay. The Superstar I WANT to win The Royal Rumble this year is Shawn Micheals. I think he deserves one more run with the WWE title, and what better place to win his last world championship than the place he won his first; Wrestlemania. Shawn always has great matches at Wrestlemania, and I think him and say, Triple H would tear the house down in the main event.

But the Superstar who I THINK is going to win the Royal Rumble is Undertaker. I know he only won it last year but I think if they're building towards Edge/Taker at wrestlemania, they'll put it in the main event. Winning streak v winning streak, AND the World title on the line.

I wouldn't mind Taker winning at all, but I'd just like to see HBK equal Austin's Rumble winning record, because I've been a fan of his aslong as I can remember, and he really does deserve a run with the strap.

Actually, Orton wrestled Taker at WrestleMania; it was John Cena that took the WWE Championship from JBL.

that was the year prior. the year that orton was second in the rumble was when rey won it and orton ended up in that main event match along with rey and angle

I think Undertaker will win it again. I don't really see another way for him to get a title shot at WM 24, and we all know that it will be Taker Vs. Edge at WM.

I'd like him or HBK to win. I want HBK to have one last big run before he retires, he is a legend in the business and deserves to go out on top

If Triple H is not announced to be in a match at the Royal Rumble this Monday, than I expect he will find a way to get back in the Royal Rumble match. I just thought of a potential storyline which adds up:

-Triple H was rumoured to turn heel soon

-Hornswoggle is the silly entrant for the Royal Rumble match

-Vince wants to see Hornswoggle get destroyed

-Vince makes a deal with HHH stating that if he destroys his bastard son, HHH gets to take his spot in the Rumble

-Triple H nails Horny with the sledgehammer turning him back into the uber heel that he once was and regains his spot in the Rumble match

-Triple H and Batista are the last two men standing in the Rumble match with Batista winning because Finlay hit HHH with the Shilleagh to avenge Hornswoggle(Batista chooses to challenge Orton at Mania)

-Trips and Finlay will have a match at No Way Out to determine the third man in the WWE Championship match at WM24 with Triple H winning(similar to Rey vs Orton two years ago which lead to a Triple Threat match at WM22).

So, in the end most signs point to Batista winning the Royal Rumble for the second time, he could also be left with Taker in the Rumble with Edge screwing Taker so Batista will win in that scenario as well. I am pretty confident that the WWE has plans for Taker to win the rumoured Elimination Chamber match at NWO, it is probably set in stone IMO.

The other prediction I have for who wins the Rumble is a long shot, but possible nonetheless:

-Matt Hardy said he should make it to the Rumble

-He hinted towards a Hardy vs Hardy match for the WWE title

-Jeff Hardy is red hot with the fans right now, as is Matt Hardy

-Jeff pulls a huge upset by winning the WWE title from Orton at the Royal Rumble

-Matt pulls an even bigger upset by winning the Rumble and makes a friendly brotherhood challenge to Jeff at WM24

Royal Rumble, night of the Hardys? This has WWE's fingerprints all over it, if it doesn't happen this year, it will probably happen next year.

I agree...
Matt Deserves the shot of a lifetime to face his brother... maybe turn his back on Jeff OR have them face in friendly title shot(face vs face). Hell, why not a ladder match @ Backlash ha ha ha...
If not Matt, then Lashley. Lashley is supposidly returning(maybe #30) and win the Rumble and choose to face Edge...
Edge and Lashley seems awkward BUT have Taker add to the mix and create the Triple Threat(having Past Present and Future of the buisiness).

Personally i reckon a Raw star will win it, simply because its like 90% that edge and undertaker will be the wrestlers in the whc match. What i see happening is Triple H coming in at maybe number 30 or something and winning it, maybe turning heel in the process, if not it'll be Batista and he'll jump to Raw. Undertaker will then go on and win the chamber at no way out and fight edge. Maybe it'll be Batista, MVP, Kennedy and Undertaker as the final 4, edge will screw taker, batista eliminates MVP and Kennedy, and then somehow at number 30 Triple H comes out and takes out Batista. This will create a feud between Batista and HHH, and then it'll go on to WM24, and be a triple threat, Orton V Batista V Triple H.

I agree...
Matt Deserves the shot of a lifetime to face his brother... maybe turn his back on Jeff OR have them face in friendly title shot(face vs face). Hell, why not a ladder match @ Backlash ha ha ha...
If not Matt, then Lashley. Lashley is supposidly returning(maybe #30) and win the Rumble and choose to face Edge...
Edge and Lashley seems awkward BUT have Taker add to the mix and create the Triple Threat(having Past Present and Future of the buisiness).

The day Lashley headlines wrestlemania is the day I stop watchin wrestlin! Plus, he just isn't big enough (in popularity, not stature obviously) and the only reason he faced Cena at the great American bash (probably the worst PPV of the year, excepting Umaga/Jeff) was because they were out of opponents for Cena, heck they even had to interview the usuall legends (foley, austin etc) just to put him over in time.

However I agree with the fact that matt could win the rumble for a 'Hardy moment' at mania, though I think it'll happen next year with one winning this years MITB and the other winning next years rumble. Then we'll see them win their respective titles and celebrate together like eddie/benoit did.

My view for this years rumble though if they don't go for RoidTista (which they probably will) is that a dark horse like Shelton Benjamin could end up the winner and face punk in a ladder match or somethin at 'mania. They don't even have to headline as 'taker didn't last year after he won the rumble. WWE have even been givin this guy a major push and he deffinitely deserves it.

The Royal Rumble. The most unpredictable match of all WWE Matches. The chances of an unforseen wrestler winning is potential. Namely, the surprising chances of a morely downgraded wrestler can pick up the win, like in particular, Shelton Benjamin, who has claimed that he will win the Rumble.

But, no. Don't see it happening. I visualize The Undertaker winning the Rumble for the second consecutive time, and yes, Streak vs. Streak, World Title on the line. It can't get any better than that in the years were in now.

I would really like to watch Triple H win another Rumble though. He's only won one and that ranged back to Royal Rumble 2002. But he lost the Qualifying Match by DQ to Ric Flair although something tells me, he'll be entered anyway.

Never know though, I think either Undertaker or Triple H given entry, will win but if I had to bet on it, Undertaker would be my choice.

Personally, I think itd be sick for lashley to return and win it, but I highly doubt it will happen like that, and im not sure even how realistically it would work...I think he could win, and be pushed enough to be legit for the WM main event, even if it ends up being a triple threat match, with Triple H added, or something to that effect...

as far as reality goes, lol, I would love to see the undertaker take it again....we all know the showdown with edge needs to happen at mania, and I think this is how it should start..either that, or triple H finding a way in, and winning, since I think we all see THAT main event happening as well...ive read in a lot of places that Batista will win, and im just blindly hoping that wont happen, he so in no way at all should get another rumble win...maybe shawn micheals, but i cant see were they would go with that...maybe a micheals hardy boyhood dream showdown???...

Batista, taker, or Trips, I belive is our best bets...

Royal Rumble one of my PPV's and to be honest this year I have no idea who will win.Each year usually they give a hint or someone says I am going to win it no matter what.But this year seems different.The wrestler I think I am going to go with is MR.Kennedy.Talented,fairly new, and a great opportunity to final get his main event title match.

im goin wit batista bc i want him to face either edge or randy orton if he would jump ship to raw that would be great instead of having the same old matches but then have lashley return to the sd brand and then since raw has hhh hbk and etc have cena jump to sd also but here are my main event match for mania either edge vs batista or a triple threat batista vs hhh vs orton

im gunna be at royal rumble and i cant wait.

lashley is apparently returning so that should get a decent pop and i hear big show might be coming back as well. that would be something to see. i hope the wildcat chris harris makes his debut in the wwe at royal rumble as well.

as much as id like to see kennedy or hbk win the rumble i have a feeling it comes down to batista and taker as the last two and batista wins it. after all their matches during the year it seems epic that they'd be the last two standing and go at it one more time before batista wins and jumps ship to raw because theres nothing left for him to do on sd. taker will end up having his title shot against edge anyway which will mean that 2 years in a row the last 2 men standing both got title shots at wrestlemania.

I used to think it would be Batista or Kennedy winning the Royal Rumble. But if Triple H is placed back in the match, he becomes an instant favorite.

I can kind of see where they might be going...

I say Orton retains at the Royal Rumble by dubious means and Triple H wins the 30 man elimination match. However, that's not where this ends. I say Hardy wins the Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out and gets inserted in to the WWE Championship match to make it a triple threat at Wrestlemania. Like Chris Benoit, Hardy could use the rub of headlining with two established stars. He wouldn't have to hype the main event with his mic skills. That would be the duty of Triple H and Randy Orton.

Jeff Hardy reminds me a lot of Chris Benoit right now. Like Benoit, Hardy is a guy who the fans want to see as champion. They caught lightening in a bottle with Benoit; let's see if they do the same with Hardy. If placed in a triple threat match with Trips and Orton, their main event could eclipse the Wrestlemania XX classic.

I'm quite undecided about who I want to win at the Royal Rumble, even though I am a huge Triple H fan, I don't think I want him to win, if it was a Raw win I'd really like HBK, because he really deserves to headline Wrestlemania again, just because he does, Although half of me wants a Smackdown wrestler to win, just because I think the Raw Elimination chamber would be more entertaining for me as a Raw fan.
I'm really undecided about this Royal Rumble, All I see is Triple H going in pretty early, and winning.

Give it to lashey or kennedy, Hell even an Ecw Guy, Just keep the Triple H Banned from the rumble story going, It's a good concept that keeps Me Entertained, I'd like to see Him Fight his way to the Chamber and lose that too, Let somebody else have a time to shine(besides jeff) Let some other people try to build their career. I like triple h when he builds and puts over younger guys, He could really help cement the future of Our business, I'd really like to see burke win the rumble and have a ECW title shot, mid card WM. Then Have Stories that piece the other Title into the card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back