Royal Rumble: The Royal Rumble Match

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

30 Person Mixed Brand Royal Rumble Match

30 superstars from all three brands (RAW, Smackdown, and ECW) will compete in the classic royal rumble match with the winner getting a chance to face a world champion of their choosing in the main event of Wrestlemania 24. Who will get their shot at championship gold tune in Sunday January 27, 2008 only on Pay-Per-View to find out.

I definitely love the poster.This is my favorite pay per view of the year.

As for the Rumble match, it is hard to tell who is going to win the match. That is the best part about the Rumble is the suspense of who is going to win the match. For right now by reports, Batista is going to win the Rumble which is a stupid idea. He has done nothing to prove that he should win.

In my opinion I would like to see, Jericho win the Rumble. I don't think that they will go in that direction though. Triple H winning is very likely unless he is involved in the title match that night. I see final five opf the Rumble being Jericho since he is still hot off of his return, Shawn Michaels because he usually has a good run in the Rumble, Batista because reports have said that he will win, Jeff Hardy because of the push he is getting, and maybe Undertaker os that they can further his feud with Edge by having him interfere and get him eliminated.

I definitely love the poster.This is my favorite pay per view of the year.

As for the Rumble match, it is hard to tell who is going to win the match. That is the best part about the Rumble is the suspense of who is going to win the match. For right now by reports, Batista is going to win the Rumble which is a stupid idea. He has done nothing to prove that he should win.

In my opinion I would like to see, Jericho win the Rumble. I don't think that they will go in that direction though. Triple H winning is very likely unless he is involved in the title match that night. I see final five opf the Rumble being Jericho since he is still hot off of his return, Shawn Michaels because he usually has a good run in the Rumble, Batista because reports have said that he will win, Jeff Hardy because of the push he is getting, and maybe Undertaker os that they can further his feud with Edge by having him interfere and get him eliminated.

I just hope that they dont screw the winner out of the wrestlemania main event as i feel that even the ecw championship could main event mania and i would love to see it happen

It is all set up!!... why do you think jeff won at armongedden???... so HHH can win the rumble!!!!!!, jeff will lose at rumble and continue being intercontel champ, then HHH will win rumble destoreying orton at wrestlemania.

i see either one of these winning the rumble.

HHH - he is a wwe writer, bosses daughter, makes himself barely ever loose etc... see were im going with this.
lashly - return of him mabye if he is coming back rumble he might win get big push for mania beat say punk ? or edge ?
Kennedy - i mean come on i dont like him but last year he beat over 8 former champs and he won last bank but he gave to edge in push over match cause of injury so they might give it to him again ? or give him this one ?

thats my thoughts for now.

oh yeah and this will not happen but dear god i hope it does.

kane- he is one of the best super heaviweights there is in the world.
he needs a push not a jobber to newbies, he only had the title once for one day i mean come on he needs more than that.

The way I see it, there are only four options that the WWE may take (though they aren't necessarily what I would do):

1. HHH - They wanted him to take the belt off Orton at the rumble but changed their minds, so there's more than a likely chance that he'll win the rumble and beat Orton at Wrestlemania.

2. Batista - If they're really dead set on having this boring ass guy headline Wrestlemania, they'll have him win and challenge Orton. I really, REALLY hope this isn't the case, as I don't even want him on the card really, but if they want HHH to knock Flair out of his career, they'll probably go with Batista to face Orton.

3. Flair - This is only if they want to have Flair win the title. If they don't want him to, he'll go against HHH, which would result in the Batista option. If they do, then they'll probably throw in a HHH/Batista match cause apparently they have a boner for both of them lol

4. HBK - Very unlikely. The only things I'm basing this on are: 1) The crowd reaction when he was in the final 2 last year. 2) They would need a face to go against Orton, and someone who they would think they could trust, and who delivers at Wrestlemania more than HBK? 3) If they went with HHH/Flair, but didn't want Batista to challenge Orton, then HBK is the most logical choice.

If I had to guess, I'd say that there's more of a chance for Batista/Orton and HHH/Flair....and if that's the case, I really, really, really, really hope that Orton doesn't lose the title as I don't want Batista to get even more screen time. I'm bored with Orton, but I'm far more bored with Batista.

First time I've seen the Royal Rumble poster, it looks sweet. No HHH or HBK in it thats shocking.

But anyway I'll put my money on HHH winning it, last knocking out HBK or Batista/Undertaker (I'm sure only one of those 2 will be in the Rumble match). Only going with HHH since he lost to Hardy, and there is no other match I see him in at WM24 then the main event for the WWE Championship.

I always love the Rumble matches and it should be interesting in 2008. Im really not sure who will win it but i think these are the likely contenders to win:

HHH: He wont stay out of the title picture and i see him winning it to get a title shot at WM and winning the title then. He will never get out of the spotlight.

Batista: God i hope not, this would be horror if he won it. He has already won it and he has already vs HHH at WM so why do it again? Batista doesnt deserve to win the rumble twice and i just hope that he doesnt and stays the hell away from WM.

Undertaker: I doubt it but he could possibly win to set up Edge Vs Taker for WM24. But its very unlikely he will win it twice in a row

Y2J: Again i doubt as he will probably be fueding with JBL at WM but u never know

Kennedy: Might get the push he needs, never know

Lashley: he is the same as Batista, i hope he doesnt win and i hope he never comes back he doesnt deserve to main event WM!

Anyway those are the likely winners for the Rumble, but it should be good and i hope it is good and suprising.

Oh and i almost forgot Ric Flair is another person i can see winning the rumble. This could set up his last title run up to WM or whatever. Yeh but i dont know if Ric would headline at WM at his age. Anyway i see HHH winning it, because he has the power backstage.

Wel im going to put the top five superstars who i think will win this years royal rumble: in no particular order

BORETISTA: Yes he bores me half to death (thats y i have only watched him once) he will win because by that time, good old HHH will win the wwe championship, he will end up going 2 wrestlemania versin HHH, blah blah u get the drift i hope this doesnt happen but it is unfortunately.

HBK: Why not have hbk win it after all he is the show stopper and he will main event wrestle mania n we will probably have orton v hbk feud part 1000000 or hhh v hbk feud part 10000000000000, catch the drift, i no we have seen this feud alot, but i desperately want hbk to have a good title run/

MR KENNEDY: Seems maybe to much to push him for the best ppv of the year n if rko is champ then no cause wwe hav this problem of heel v heel = no no at wrestlemania. but coul win it.

HHH: now if rko wins v hardy then it works wel at wrestlemania, n if hardy beats rko at rumble, den it wil work at wrestlemania, but sumthings tellin me hhh wil win n wil verse hardy

Y2J:Chris Jericho has just comeback n i think winning the rumble will be just fine, but stickin him in a feud wit JBL, dont get me wrong JBL is a fine wrestler, but its a big step backwards 4 a guy hu was supose 2 save_us from Randy Orton.

Wel there my 2 cents most ppl r from raw cause they havent won a rumble in ages

Billy

I love the Royal Rumble match, so here's what I'm looking to see happen.

HHH wins: Probably my least likley guess, as I feel that HHH will find his way into the title picture for No Way Out possibly in a triple threat with Hardy and Orton.

RVD: My incredibly random vote goes to RVD. Right now he's not with the company, but I read that he wants to come back, and WWE wants him back. I can see RVD as a surprise entrant/winner.

Batista: WWE seems to be now incapable of keeping this guy out of the title picture. I can see him going on to win the rumble and meet up with either HHH or Orton at WM for the WWE title.

Those are my picks to win. Obviously until we know wh exactly is going to be in the match, we can't really say who's got the best shot to win. Time will tell as the RR draws closer as to who we have to truly pick from.

Since they are making Finlay a face now with the whole Khali vs Finlay w/Horny thing. I wish that this is Finlay's major break that he needs in WWE. Finlay in my opinion should be the winner of the Rumble. Edge vs Finlay at 'Mania would be good. Finlay is a face now, but he is still a dirty fighter. Edge is just an awesome heel. One of the best heels in the buisness vs One of the most technical fighters in the buisness. It would be a very good match for 'Mania. Certaintly not MAIN EVENT material but still a very good match. Of course, RAW will have the main event at Mania as usual, which will most likely be Hardy vs Orton. So you have Jeff Hardy(One of the most popular superstars now.) vs Randy Orton(The most popular Heel on the RAW Roster) and then you have Finlay(One of the most technical wrestlers on the SD! roster) vs Edge(The most popular heel on the SD! Roster) as your main events. Talk about one hell of a show eh?

I used to think it was Kennedy who was going to win the rumble, but now, the way WWE is burying him, it seems very unlikely. From the looks of things I don't think Batista will win since HHH lost to Hardy at Armageddon. Then there's HHH, he is the most obvious choice to win this because of all the power he has. Another road which WWE could take is that Y2J will quickly finish his feud with JBL, and win the rumble. That way he can have a "revenge" match at 'Mania with Orton. I would also love for the RVD idea (that a7xoff said) would come true.

These are my picks for Royal Rumble Winners in order of preferance

Triple H: Well obviusly Triple H is the number one pick because he's sleeping with the bosses daughter, he has so much power behind him and if he wanted to win the Rumble with a snap of his fingures it could happen. I wouldn't mind seeing Triple H winning the Rumble and then fueding with Orton for the title I really enjoyed there last real fued back in 2004 and I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Mr. Kennedy: I would love to see Kennedy win the Rumble this year he deserves it more than anyone. This year wasn't very good for him and to start 2008 off by winning the Rumble would be fantastic, I think that if Kennedy doesn't end up getting the push he deserves he might end up leaving which would be terrorble.

Chris Jericho: one of the only reasons that Jericho s my third pick is because he is fueding with JBL and that might stop him from winning but truthfully I don't think he deserves a Rumble win just yet I think it might be Ken Kennedy's time to shine. I'm not denying Jerichos skills and charisma but for him to win just wouldn't work WWE needs to build him up some more and this JBL fued is not helping

ahhh The royal Rumble match, a place where any "superstar" can win the match and go to WrestleMania, but this year we will see a new star become a main eventer (Or atleast I hope so...) it is time for WWE to make a star and the Royal Rumble is the best place to do it. Lets look at our candidates shall we?

Mr. Kennedy: Mr. Kennnedy was fast becoming the 'breakout' star in WWE, but he was caught by the wellness policy and got suspended, this is WWE's chance to do sopmething big with him again and not just have him become a Carlito (Sitting around with absolutely nothing to do) WWE could make a star here, just have him win the match!

Carlito: Vinnie Mac wants him to stay, what better way to do it, personally I like Carlito, I think he's got a ton of upside to him, all he needs is a good push and the right wind to get his career off the ground. I really believed that when they were doing that angle with Ric Flair that they were going to make something out of Carlito, but they didn't, here's your chance to do it.

Shelton Benjamin: One of the more unlikley ones but Benjamin could do it. He's got the skills set to become a MAJOR player in the WWE, WWE has known that Benjamin is a rising star for years now, but they have never truely taken advantage of this, WWE + Benjamin COULD = Gold.

Santino Marella: Well, we all know that Santino is one of the more if not the most entertaining thing on Monday Night Raw, so why not have this guy win the Rumble, I mean I don't hear anyone complain about his in ring skills. so why not?

And finally...

Bobby Lashley: Now I can hear you already Lashleys been ECW champion, Lashley can't wrestle blah blah blah. Well alot of people think that Lashley can't wrestle (I'm one of them) but picture this youre wathing the Roayl Rumble match 29 people have entered the match and the clock is counting to number 30. 5-4-3-2-1 and suddenly out of no-where unexpectedly you hear the music of Bobby Lashley, he comes in and smashes everyone up, walks out the winner of the Royal Rumble, is that not exciting?

If it were me I'd pick Lashley because WWE likes big guys XD

I can honestly only see two people that could win the rumble:

Batista-Everyone talks about how boring he is, but he put on one hell of a match last year at Mania' in a losing effort, proving he can step up and deliver on the biggest stages of them all. If he wins i would expect a Orton vs. Batista match or possibly a Orton vs. Batista vs. HHH.

HHH-The problem with this is that it would be too obvious to have him win. They had Hardy beat him because everyone knew he was going to win, it could happen again. If he does win it will just be HHH bs. Orton.

Taker is winning the chamber and will probably be involved in a match with Edge at the Rumble.

My picks are:

Batista: I personally don't want to see the big man win, but if he does then im not complaining. Im a Batista fan and he really proved his capable of headlining WM in my eyes.

Triple H: I don't quite understand why everyone hates Trips atm, anyways whilst I'm a Triple H fan. I hope he doesn;t win it.

Finlay: The reason why I beleive Finlay will win is because they are doing something simalar to Batista in 05 leading up to the Rumble.

These are the people i see winning.

Batista- I'm not a fan but for many reasons i see him winning it would make a good storyline to probably.

Santino- I can picture it the entertaining mid carder winning out of the blue. If they can give hornswaggle a cruiserweight run they can do this.

Triple H- I hope not but a very likely scenario.

Kennedy- Maybe he finally gets his big push lets just hope nothing happens.

Undertaker- Another likely winner goes on the WM takes on edge streak vs streak.

batista, hhh and taker are the three top choices that most in fact will probably win the rumble but...hopefully we will all be wrong. heres my 5 people that i wanna see win
1. ken kennedy- the man knows how the game works and would definetly fit in the main events. his ring skills are great and his mic work is even better. some claim he is the next rock but to me i reckon he is the next rowdy roddy piper

2. santino marella- come on we know he wont win because wwe keeps jobbing him but hell he is one of the funniest characters there and seeing him win definetly different but can still work

3. MVP- i like him becauseof what he has proved he can talk the talk and his match match with benoit at mania proved he can walk the walk

4. umaga- one of the best gimmick wrestlers today made by the wwe, besides the old kane umaga has brought back everything a character needs to be and them some.

5. cm punk- why not, he has the skills, he gets the fans off there seat and carries ecw on his shoulders. bring him out and make him a real star
:robvandam: :undertaker2: :flair:

I think that HHH or Mr.Kennedy is going to win because HHH needs to become a long term champion again, that will surely bring up the wwe ratings. Mr.Kennedy won the money in the bank at WM23, but had to lose it to Edge do to injury. Sources say that Batista might win it but plans can change by Rumble time.

I hate to say it but RR seems like the perfect time for someone to overcomes the odds again. I don't know when John Cena is supposed to be back but this seems like the perfect way to have him come back. I am sure thats VKM really wants just to put the title back on Cena. This would put Cena on the fast track back into the main event instead of having him in bunch of pointless feuds that we all know Cena is going to come out on top. Seriously though I love the RVD idea if he wants to come back and WWE wants to completely shock us that is the way to go. I can see it now HHH goes for a kick to set up the pedigree RVD grabs it then bam! a van daminator sending HHH over the top rope to win the rumble. Great way to end it in my book.

In my book batista will win because from reports 1.undertaker will most likley win the elimonation chamber at nwo to go for edge at wm,2. there is a push for hhh to win the title from orton before wm, so that it can be batista vs. triple h at wm, 3. wwe is (sadly) looking into putting over takers winning streak at wm, because of his dvd and minor health problems accumulating, and (yay) edge will put over taker since they both have never been pinned or submmited at mania

The Rumble match is going to have HBK, HHH, JBL(maybe), Y2J(maybe), Umaga, Khali, RVD (hopefully)and others and it might be jericho vs Bradshaw at the Rumble, cruserweight title match(maybe), and divas match for the title(possibly the return of candice).

i am for sure ordering this ppv!!!

I hope to god that hunter doesnt win it. the way forward is not a guy whos face heydey was 5 years ago , the way forward is for either 1) a suprise cena win which would set up an epic wm encounter between cena and orton which could be the new austin-rock 2) a screwed earlier in the night jeff hardy enters and wins which would set up the most popular face on raw versus the most hated heel on raw or the most likely option (still a way forward though) 3) batista wins and sets up the main event planned for wm 22.

Someone from ECW(Shelton Benjamin) will win the rumble......Raw(Triple H) will win the Elimination Chamber at NO Way OUT.......And Smackdown will hold one of there # 1 Contender Competitions(Undertaker) which they are getting very infamous for.

Either way, I see Wrestlemania shaping up to be a huge 3 MAIN EVENT TITLE SWAPS.....WITH TRIPS MAKING ORTON JOB....UNDERTAKER AND HIS STREAK MAKING EDGE JOB......AND SHELTON GETTING THE PUSH OF HIS LIFE OVER CM PUNK.

WE SHALL SEE SOON.

OpT

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back