Royal Rumble: The Royal Rumble Match

How can you say Kane doesn't deserve the title? He has been around faithfully and has worked his ass off. Think of this...he has to do what he's told to do..it's not kane performing bad, it's the wwe holding him back. He HAS to do what he's told to do. He DOES deserve the push.

I don't want to see edge vs. taker at wm. Taker had his moment in the limelight last year. Kane needs to take this thing home.

Now im not sure if someone has predicted this yet or not, but this is just a thought that ran through my head as a possibility. Im gonna go ahead and say that Undertaker wins the rumble on Sunday. Now WWE has at least made it look like the No Way Out will be a Raw main event that Jeff Hardy will be in, now im not sure if this will be crossbrand or not. But going out on a limb, im gonna say Cena returns at NWO and wins the chamber, then continues his fued with Orton that was dropped because of his injury.

Cena is not superman, if he has the injury the say he had then he will be back at minimum a month after wrestlemania
As for the rumble my 6 surprise entrants
CM Punk
Big Show
Chris Harris
MVP
Ron Killings
Just because WWE hasnt officially released him and part of me thinks they are putting one on internet fans Lashley, but if not him then some OVW guy Cabana, Sydal, Burchill, basically someone who they feel is ready for the move up

Undertaker wins just because he is the only challenger who seems to be a lock for WM24

Now im not sure if someone has predicted this yet or not, but this is just a thought that ran through my head as a possibility. Im gonna go ahead and say that Undertaker wins the rumble on Sunday. Now WWE has at least made it look like the No Way Out will be a Raw main event that Jeff Hardy will be in, now im not sure if this will be crossbrand or not. But going out on a limb, im gonna say Cena returns at NWO and wins the chamber, then continues his fued with Orton that was dropped because of his injury.

Cena has said he will probably appear at Wrestlemania but won't be returning to wrestling until May probably when the filming of his movie ends.

Here is what I see happening. Batista winning the Rumble. HHH winning the Elimination Chamber but wants Orton instead of Edge. Flair will still be winning, and Vince will be so furious, he will agree to let HHH take part in the Orton/Batista match, with the condition that Flair is added and HHH guarantees to take him out. This opens Smackdown to a tournament on the shows with the winner getting a WM shot at Edge, with Taker winning the tournament.

HHH wins the title at Wrestlemania in the Fatal 4 way with a pin on Flair to end the show.

That is a very detailed description of what you think is gonna happen. Guess we will find out tonight if that happens. But thanks for clearing that up for me, i dont really follow up on Cena or his injury status, not his #1 fan. I could really care less whether he returns or not.

Well, only 5 surprise entries left! C.M.Punk's in the rumble match.

As for the other 5 i'd say:
1. Big Show, for obvious reasons expected to return at any moment
2. One of Mick Foley's other gimmicks (Mankind, Cactus Jack, Etc) after he's been eliminated
3.MVP, would be a great opportunity for him after he loses to flair (obvious reasons again)
4.Would love to say Lashley, but only time will tell if he's officially gone or not.
5. Chris Harris or Ron Killings, one of the ex- top TNA talent will likely debut

Winner - Undertaker beats out Batista final 2 (as much as i'd love to see Taker vs HBK in the final 2, last rumble was amazing ending!)

Should all b interesting!

I dont think it will happen but i want the Heart Break Kid to win it a third time, he can still do it on the grandest stage of them all, every wrestlemania he does it brilliantly he is still the showstopper, i agree with all those suprise entrants instead of the Mick Foley one, i think Jeff Hardy will enter after he loses his wwe title match

to me, I think that CM Punk is gonna win the royal rumble, as he just dropped the title to Chavo, so im thinking hes gonna go for the World Heavyweight title, cuz Trips is gonna go after the WWE title at Wrestlemania, and hes a great person to put a title on.

My prediction is Taker 2 in a row, he seems likely as fans would like that and he can put on a good Wrestlemania match better than the other Smackdown main eventers in the Rumble, it'll likely be a Smackdown guy with rumours of the elimination chamber being on RAW. Could be a mid card guy tho getting a push.

Kennedy should win it but Triple H will.

That is all.

Kennedy should not win the Rumble, he's nowhere near ready to ME WM, Kennedy needs another year or see at least, give him the IC title for awhile so he can help elevate that back to be a more prestiges title, and then maybe next year have him win the Rumble...that is assuming his bad luck doesn't come and bite him in the ass again

I'm thinking Taker and Triple H are the most likely, probably Triple H, since Taker won it last year, it'll probably come down to those two with Trips sending Taker over the top rope, I'm not totally sold on the the idea that the elimination chamber is just going to feature one brands superstars, I still think they could do something like they do with the MITB, and make it interpromotional, with qualifying matches leading up to NWO

Here are my predictions:
Orton(c) vs. Hardy (WWE championship match)
Orton, because almost every time a championship is put on the line at the royal rumble, the champions always retain it. Also I believe they are going to do an elimination chamber match for the WWE championship: Orton (c) vs. Jeff Hardy vs. HBK vs. HHH vs. Y2J vs. Kennedy or possibly JBL at no way out
Winner: Randy Orton (still retains title)

Edge(c) vs. Rey (World Heavyweight Match)
Again, edge will most likely retain the title because of the history of the royal rumble championship matches
Winner: Edge (still retains)

MVP vs. Ric Flair (Career Threatening Match)
They're gonna keep flair in the business until wrestlemania, hes gonna have a great and respective match against someone at wrestlemania and then retire.
Plus, MVP sucks, i don't care if he has the U.S. title. I hope matt hardy takes his title away.
Winner: Ric Flair (still has his career)

Chris Jericho vs. JBL:
This ones a toughy for sure. Both of them are exceptional wrestlers, but ones gonna have to win, and i think its gonna be Y2J. I think Jericho is gonna pull out all the tricks and win because of what JBL said to Jericho's kids. But still, hard to say.
Winner: Chris Jericho

The 30 Man Royal Rumble
This is truly a hard one to predict. But I think HHH might not win it because of Edge vs. Undertaker possibly at wrestlemania. that is if HHH wants the World Heavyweight. But I think I'm gonna go with HHH for this years royal rumble.

hhh and the undertaker seem likely to win the royal rumble match. but what about finlay? i know: he's just a midcarder (but one of the technically best wrestlers in the wwe), but in the recent past he turned face, teaming up with hornswaggle, he appears on both shows and people love the horny/finlay team. besides: he's just nine years younger than ric flair and the only title he's ever had in the wwe is the us title and i'd love to see him to be the wwe champ for a short time, he doesn't have too much of it left if you look at flair for comparison. oh, what about that weird deal between vince and finlay? maybe it's RR-related :)

My predictions for the 5 other royal rumble entries:
1. Elijah Burke
2. Kofi Kingston
3. Boogeyman- hes still with the company and this is a good way to use him in a special appearance type thing.
4. Ron Simmons
5. Matt Hardy- if he is ready to return
- if not matt hardy then a returning dh smith

- the big show will likely not return for reasons already stated which are they dont want him to come in and just be another guy in the rumble. I see him returning at raw tomorow.

Here are my predictions:
Orton(c) vs. Hardy (WWE championship match)
Orton, because almost every time a championship is put on the line at the royal rumble, the champions always retain it. Also I believe they are going to do an elimination chamber match for the WWE championship: Orton (c) vs. Jeff Hardy vs. HBK vs. HHH vs. Y2J vs. Kennedy or possibly JBL at no way out
Winner: Randy Orton (still retains title)

Edge(c) vs. Rey (World Heavyweight Match)
Again, edge will most likely retain the title because of the history of the royal rumble championship matches
Winner: Edge (still retains)

MVP vs. Ric Flair (Career Threatening Match)
They're gonna keep flair in the business until wrestlemania, hes gonna have a great and respective match against someone at wrestlemania and then retire.
Plus, MVP sucks, i don't care if he has the U.S. title. I hope matt hardy takes his title away.
Winner: Ric Flair (still has his career)

Chris Jericho vs. JBL:
This ones a toughy for sure. Both of them are exceptional wrestlers, but ones gonna have to win, and i think its gonna be Y2J. I think Jericho is gonna pull out all the tricks and win because of what JBL said to Jericho's kids. But still, hard to say.
Winner: Chris Jericho

The 30 Man Royal Rumble
This is truly a hard one to predict. But I think HHH might not win it because of Edge vs. Undertaker possibly at wrestlemania. that is if HHH wants the World Heavyweight. But I think I'm gonna go with HHH for this years royal rumble.

I was under the impression that the elimination chamber would be used to determine the number one contender not the champion. It would seem pointless to have Orton in a match like that going over on 5 other guys a month before Wrestlemania.

My predictions for the 5 other royal rumble entries:
1. Elijah Burke
2. Kofi Kingston
3. Boogeyman- hes still with the company and this is a good way to use him in a special appearance type thing.
4. Ron Simmons
5. Matt Hardy- if he is ready to return
- if not matt hardy then a returning dh smith

- the big show will likely not return for reasons already stated which are they dont want him to come in and just be another guy in the rumble. I see him returning at raw tomorow.

That IS true, i know I for one wouldn't really enjoy Big Show coming back just to be eliminated prematurely in the rumble. Usually they tend to give the returning guys wins and i seriously doubt he'll be the one to win the rumble. Taker or HHH for sure. But u really never know wit the WWE!

i believe this years rumble wil be a double elimination with taker and batista both winning. Now with this result taker challenges edge setting up streak vs streak, then batista challenges orton but wait we still have the chamber. In which will have raw competiton and hhh will win the chamber, then challenges orton, making it Orton(C) vs HHH vs Batista at WM, Sadly if someone like CM Punk wins the rumble and goes after edge, i think thats a "screw you" to taker from the wwe.

With C.M. Punk losing the title to chavo I think that Punk has a great chance to win. If he wins I don't think he will challenge for the ecw title. I think he would challenge for the wwe title againsy whoever the champ is. I think that wwe is going to try to get punk away from ecw to help make him a bigger star.
I can totally see this happening. I think Punk would make a great choice for a winner, then have him go to Smackdown to go after whoever ends up being the champ there. I hope that's how it plays out, but I doubt it.

I can totally see this happening. I think Punk would make a great choice for a winner, then have him go to Smackdown to go after whoever ends up being the champ there. I hope that's how it plays out, but I doubt it.

I totally agree, with a CM Punk & Edge feud starting up lately, i can really see CM Punk getting a big push, he might not win the rumble, but he will be in final four at least...

and i think DH Smith, Kofi Kingston, Ron Simmons will be in the Rumble aswell, but one of my other big thoughts was Ric Flair, ys i know he has a match against MVP... But if Flair wins the Rumble, for the last time... He will get a chance at gold at wrestlemania with a hall of fame induction lingering... Does anyone smell a FLAIR - RUMBLE/HALL OF FAME/WRESTLEMANIA HEADLINE TRIPLE?

I CAN SMELL THE YEAR AND MAYBE THE FINAL YEAR OF THE NATURE BOY RIC FLAIR... WOOOOO!

I totally agree, with a CM Punk & Edge feud starting up lately, i can really see CM Punk getting a big push, he might not win the rumble, but he will be in final four at least...

and i think DH Smith, Kofi Kingston, Ron Simmons will be in the Rumble aswell, but one of my other big thoughts was Ric Flair, ys i know he has a match against MVP... But if Flair wins the Rumble, for the last time... He will get a chance at gold at wrestlemania with a hall of fame induction lingering... Does anyone smell a FLAIR - RUMBLE/HALL OF FAME/WRESTLEMANIA HEADLINE TRIPLE?

I CAN SMELL THE YEAR AND MAYBE THE FINAL YEAR OF THE NATURE BOY RIC FLAIR... WOOOOO!

I would like to see Kofi and Ron Simmons in the Rumble tonight, but I don't know about DH Smith. They really haven't pushed him enough (or at all lately, for that matter) on tv to really justify putting him into the Rumble, unless they use the Rumble as a way TO push him a bit. The problem with that is that he'd have to get pretty deep into it for it to work, and I just don't see that happening with him.

I would like to see Kofi and Ron Simmons in the Rumble tonight, but I don't know about DH Smith. They really haven't pushed him enough (or at all lately, for that matter) on tv to really justify putting him into the Rumble, unless they use the Rumble as a way TO push him a bit. The problem with that is that he'd have to get pretty deep into it for it to work, and I just don't see that happening with him.

I would like to see Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Or Batista win it.
And They havent pushed DH Smith cause he had a 60 day suspension due to steriod use.

Personally theres only one winner in my eyes of this match, and that man is The Undertaker

Last year he won the Rumble, to kick start the year that was supposed to be the "Year of the Deadman".

He won the title at Wrestlemania and was due a long run as Champion, maybe could of even entered tonights PPV with the strap, but as we all know injury curtailed that and the title went on to Edge, Boretista, Khali, Boretista and back to Edge.

The whole streak-vs-streak is intriguing, as is the thought of a 1 v 1 match between the 15-0 Undertaker and who will be the current World Heavyweight Champion, and also unbeaten 5-0 is it? in singles matches at 'Mania, Edge.

I feel the whole gimmick of the winners streak vs winners streak will lead fans to feel that this match could maybe be Taker's first Mania loss, as for the past however many years, its about as likely to predict a Taker Mania win than it is to predict Ric Flair winning a "Career Threatening Match" at a house show!

I think this Mania is a chance to push a few of the guys into the ECW main event, aswell as Raw and Smackdown midcard.

I think MVP vs Matt Hardy will be pencilled in for Mania, for the U.S Title, but then we need a fresh face for Hardy to feud with after that, as the year long rivalry, although entirely gripping throughout in my opinion, will have run its course. Heels on Smackdown, such as Palumbo/any surprise entrants in it.

Over on RAW, I cant see Hardy holding that Intercontinental Title much longer as he doesnt really need it given the main event push he has been given recently. This is a chance for the likes of Kennedy, Carlito (although I doubt him as he will continue the Carlito/Marella stuff), Holly, Rhodes, Marella to all show there not just there to make up the numbers, in the tag division for all but one of them...but they can be depended on to perform on big stages.

ECW is the most fascinating part of the Rumble in my opinion. With a heel champ now in Chavo...I cant see them feuding Punk and Chavo again, especially after the 100 matches already between them consecutively.

I can see some sort of 4-way match at Mania for the title, as ECW only gets one match, and wont just show off 2 superstars, so 4 is likely, with Chavo/Punk/Benjamin and Kofi Kingston? one last shot for Dreamer? etc getting a push into the fray.

Im looking forward to this PPV, and when it comes around each year, the excitement of Wrestlemania starts for me so I personally cannot wait due to the fact im over to Orlando for Mania.

safe to say everyone is surprised......i have a new found respect for hhh for steppin aside and creating the cena vs orton match that the fans were robbed of due to the injury....over all well done taker vs edge and cena vs orton are the hottest fueds...but like i said hhh writes the script and him moving aside for cena is a big step for him

Honestly, you think this is a good thing? No, it isn't. Now we get to hear Cena being a douchebag again, and we get to see him be champion for another two or three years. I give them credit one thing, and one thing only, it was probably one of the best kept secrets in wrestling history.
-Tuwind

Worst ending ever I knew Batista and HHH were gonna be there but as soon as Cena showed up, I knew he was gonna win but stayed hoping that the wwe would be smart and, i can't believe I'm saying this give HHH the win. This along with hardy being beat clean it seems like the wwe is out to screw Jeff and having Cena win is just more people above Jeff before he gets his "real" shot. Cena should have stayed on the Injured list because frankly he sucks! the finish of the match sucked all cena did was the 5 knuckle shuffle, his wierd spin out powerbomb thing and tried the FU 7 or 8 times. For all you Cena fans thats what you can expect at wrestlemania, right punch, shoulder block, spin out powerbomb, 5 knuckle shuffle, FU and maybe to make it look even worse STFU, and Cena wins 'cuz Cena is god and can't lose. Yah the WWE is back to Cena and his endless title reigns, boy this year is gonna rock! (if anyone didn't catch the sacrasm please turn off the computer and go back to your shrines dedicated to the man who will kill pro wrestling John "you can't see my talent 'cuz there is none" Cena)

I thought the surprise Cena entrance made the rumble tonight amazing. When it was down to three i was really pumped because I was expecting the Big Show to be #30. I think they just need to make the move to Cena a heel and get it over with even though he prolly gets more heat as he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back