Raw LD Thread (7-22-13): WEEEELLLLLLL...

You know what would be awesome? I Brock Lesnar just took Punk out every week before he got a chance to talk. That would be the best way to do this feud.

Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android

The number one reason why this feud works: It's about hatred.

It wasn't about some qualifying match, it's not about some stupid political power thing, it's not about some stupid story. it's about Heyman screwing Punk over and Punk wanting revenge because he hates Paul for what he did and it's going to be settled in a wrestling match.

klunderbunker said:

It wasn't about some qualifying match, it's not about some stupid political power thing, it's not about some stupid story. it's about Heyman screwing Punk over and Punk wanting revenge because he hates Paul for what he did and it's going to be settled in a wrestling match.

This is true. It's pretty old school.

Another fantastic segment.

Right on.

What is your hatred of qualifying matches? Isnt that what the whole thing is SUPPOSED to be about? The title, and working your way towards getting a shot at it? Have we lost sight of this kind of thing SO much?

What is your hatred of qualifying matches? Isnt that what the whole thing is SUPPOSED to be about? The title, and working your way towards getting a shot at it? Have we lost sight of this kind of thing SO much?

Can't speak for KB, but I'm fine with qualifying matches. Thing is, this is a big step up from that. This is about something more than titles. It's personal. Some of the best rivalries and matches in wrestling history came about because of the feuds being personal, whether a title was involved or not.

Technically Punk was screwed out of qualifying for a WWE title shot.

Solid point here as well. Punk lost a title shot and a best friend.

Which would you rather see:

A triple threat match between three guys who have no issues with each other or what we just saw/Cena vs. Bryan fighting because Cena wants to give Bryan his shot? Stories drive wrestling and always have and it gets really boring to see title matches decided because someone wins a match and you add in a story later. It weakens the stories badly.

Aside from the homossexual refereences I found the segment to be very good. CM Punk lost himself in the middle, but nothing slang can't cure - the storyline is very good, but the performance of both men is what makes it "real". I am enjoying it very much, CM Punk is obviously a million years light better as a babyface and he will have a great match hopefully. Will they keep him out of wrestling matches until SummerSlam, or will he fight Curtis Axel first? That segment was an A easily.

Great Raw so far... Let's go RVD, keep up your pace in the wrestling matches.

Which would you rather see:

A triple threat match between three guys who have no issues with each other or what we just saw/Cena vs. Bryan fighting because Cena wants to give Bryan his shot? Stories drive wrestling and always have and it gets really boring to see title matches decided because someone wins a match and you add in a story later. It weakens the stories badly.

Sorry man, im too olden days I guess. I would always rather see stuff that is about the belt.

Sorry man, im too olden days I guess. I would always rather see stuff that is about the belt.

The old days were ALL about stories. Race having Flair's neck broken so Flair couldn't take the title, Magnum vs. Tully because Tully stole the US Title, Dusty wanting to take the title because Flair and the Andersons put Hard Times on him. All story, not qualifying matches.

The old days were ALL about stories. Race having Flair's neck broken so Flair couldn't take the title, Magnum vs. Tully because Tully stole the US Title, Dusty wanting to take the title because Flair and the Andersons put Hard Times on him. All story, not qualifying matches.

Austin/McMahon, Savage/Steamboat, Muraco/Snuka.

thanks, i had like, no idea. My piint as that you saw things centered around the title far MORE often than you do now. Shit, everything you just said was about the title, not JUST personal issues. Obviously, once a title is qualified for, you get a story going between the two, but it still comes back to being about the gold.

thanks, i had like, no idea. My piint as that you saw things centered around the title far MORE often than you do now. Shit, everything you just said was about the title, not JUST personal issues. Obviously, once a title is qualified for, you get a story going between the two, but it still comes back to being about the gold.

If the story leads to the title match and not the other way around I'd hae no problem with it.

That quick little match was better than any of RVD's matches in TNA in the last year or so.

Van Dam may be ageless, but his look isn't. Get a fucking haircut; that look was never cool, much less so in 2013.

Especially when his hair is thinning so much that the pony tail thing doesn't hold his hair back like it should and he ends the match looking like a homeless drunk.

If the story leads to the title match and not the other way around I'd hae no problem with it.

this is were we differ. It should always start off about, and at least subconciously be about, the title. If it grows to personal hatred AFTERWARDS, due to fall out of the title match, or being screwed out of one, then im all for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back