Raw LD 9/19/2016: The Cruiserweights Are Here To Dab, Dazzle, and Dance

I seriously don't know if this week's show was better than last week's. I only know that Clash of Champions had a shitty build. Rusev vs. Reigns suffers from lack of interest. Owens vs. Rollins is intriguing because the match can be a MOTYC. The Divas actually have a decent chance of being the best thing on the show... The rest of the show? Yeah. Not feeling it. Raw's a letdown.

Makes ZERO sense to have Reigns win that.

I understand what you are saying, but they've been booking Owens like the chicken shit champion. The one who got it out of a fluke and having Reigns beat him actually make some sense. He didn't pin him, he just got out of the cage first and a win over the champion probably means a championship match down the line. I think it was smart in a way that it can deepen Owens's title reign after he gets rid of Rollins.

Just like Ambrose, Owens doesn't feel like the top man. This show is about Stephanie's issues with Foley/Rollins/Smackdown.

How do you purpose they do that with Rollins and Reigns in the main event all the time. It would be impossible.

Reigns is feuding with the US champ. He shouldn't be anywhere near the main event in this feud. It's fucking ridiculous.

I understand what you are saying, but they've been booking Owens like the chicken shit champion. The one who got it out of a fluke and having Reigns beat him actually make some sense. He didn't pin him, he just got out of the cage first and a win over the champion probably means a championship match down the line. I think it was smart in a way that it can deepen Owens's title reign after he gets rid of Rollins.

If it was going to end up a clusterfuck anyways, then neither guy should win. I mean, just have Rusev knock the ref out of the way and enter the ring through the door and start the beatdown.

Reigns is feuding with the US champ. He shouldn't be anywhere near the main event in this feud. It's fucking ridiculous.

I totally agree with you believe me. But as we've seen over the past couple of years, that is not going to happen. They are bound and determined to have him as the champ come hell or high water. Right now he's in a holding pattern and this US title shot is just to keep him relevant.

Just like Ambrose, Owens doesn't feel like the top man. This show is about Stephanie's issues with Foley/Rollins/Smackdown.

Pretty much why I find it really difficult to enjoy the show at all week after week. Honestly, the only reason I watch is because I actually want to see guys like Reigns, Rollins, Owens, Balor and Zayn get to a high level, but there's just no chance with the Authority crap week after week.

I'm guessing he's gonna be KO's next challenger in some form. Not sure how Rusev and the US title plays into that, but that's WWE for ya.

And any ground he gained will be lost immediately as the crowd turns on him again. Why they don't take the hint and let him get the crowd behind him organically I'll never know. What I do know is I'm tired of the whole thing with Reigns. He could have been really special and they ruined it for him. Now I just don't give a shit about any title he wins now.

I totally agree with you believe me. But as we've seen over the past couple of years, that is not going to happen. They are bound and determined to have him as the champ come hell or high water. Right now he's in a holding pattern and this US title shot is just to keep him relevant.

Reigns is so damaged as a character that he could have been Brock's sacrificial lamb at Summerslam and still get shit on by the crowd.

They should not have blurred the WWEU & US Championship programs the way they did. The simplest idea to protect all would've been to keep them away from each other. After the past few weeks of booking the US Title seems stronger than the WWEU and Roman stronger than all.

How do you purpose they do that with Rollins and Reigns in the main event all the time. It would be impossible.

Who else do they have at ME level instead of those 2? Owens thus far has been a chickenshit heel a la Authority Rollins, pity pity him.

And any ground he gained will be lost immediately as the crowd turns on him again. Why they don't take the hint and let him get the crowd behind him organically I'll never know. What I do know is I'm tired of the whole thing with Reigns. He could have been really special and they ruined it for him. Now I just don't give a shit about any title he wins now.

He hasn't gained any ground whatsoever. Don't know where you're getting that from.

Guy needs a heel turn anytime soon to have any chance to gain some proper momentum. At the moment, he is in a holding pattern as a babyface and isn't any nearer to being cheered than he was at Mania 32. Turn him heel, give him a bit of freedom and see where it goes from there.

Who else do they have at ME level instead of those 2? Owens thus far has been a chickenshit heel a la Authority Rollins, pity pity him.

Well they could try to elevate some others like Zayn, but that won't happen as long as the Shield guys are still up there. Owens should break away from the Authority and come into being his own man. This is why the RAW main event scene sucks and why SD's is so much better. Over there you have Styles, Ambrose, Cena, Orton and Wyatt. All of them are much more interesting than either Reigns or Rollins and they're booking them right.

He hasn't gained any ground whatsoever. Don't know where you're getting that from.

Guy needs a heel turn anytime soon to have any chance to gain some proper momentum. At the moment, he is in a holding pattern as a babyface and isn't any nearer to being cheered than he was at Mania 32. Turn him heel, give him a bit of freedom and see where it goes from there.

He was getting more cheers than boo's lately. And he will not make a good heel. That is not the solution to every problem when a wrestler can't get over. He has a lack of charisma and turning him heel isn't going to change that.

Well they could try to elevate some others like Zayn, but that won't happen as long as the Shield guys are still up there. Owens should break away from the Authority and come into being his own man. This is why the RAW main event scene sucks and why SD's is so much better. Over there you have Styles, Ambrose, Cena, Orton and Wyatt. All of them are much more interesting than either Reigns or Rollins and their booking them right.

Those 3 are the main difference, alongwith the injury to Finn Balor which caused a huge shake-up at the top. That said; combining the Universal & US title feuds with the two established ME guys as the challengers alongwith the Authority figures figuring so prominently means that the guys looking to make the step up are nothing more than chumps at this point.

He was getting more cheers than boo's lately. And he will not make a good heel. That is not the solution to every problem when a wrestler can't get over. He has a lack of charisma and turning him heel isn't going to change that.

If one thing about Reigns is clear, is that the guy is a natural douche who will be way more interesting if he turned heel. That's basically all he needs to regain some lost momentum. Keeping him as a babyface ain't doing him any favours at present, and it hasn't for a very very long time.
Pushing him down the card whilst remaining as a babyface would completely kill him if he doesn't undergo a complete character change, he would become Sheamus 2.0.

Those 3 are the main difference, alongwith the injury to Finn Balor which caused a huge shake-up at the top. That said; combining the Universal & US title feuds with the two established ME guys as the challengers alongwith the Authority figures figuring so prominently means that the guys looking to make the step up are nothing more than chumps at this point.

Yes I realize the injury to Balor has screwed them over, but they should be able to get over that hurdle. Balor is going to be out a long time. If their answer to that is just "well let's just go back to where we were before, and not try anything different" that sucks. Sure they gave Owens the title, but Reigns is still treated like the big deal opening and closing the show with a win. Just give him the title and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back