Raw LD 9/12/2016: There Are Worse Things To Watch

From a kayfabe standpoint, successfully defending the title for a long time builds a legacy. Anyone can win the title on a fluke. MITB is a great example of that.

From a kayfabe standpoint, successfully defending the title for a long time builds a legacy. Anyone can win the title on a fluke. MITB is a great example of that.

That's why days as champion should count more than number of reigns.

Ric Flair has 3000 days as champion and Cena has 1000 days, but people will still get pissed when Cena reaches #16 and WWE will still say that Cena and Flair are tied.

Most probably. Is that helping in terms of gaining interest in the product or will it transition back to the clear cut stuff in time?

It's hit and miss for me. I think in general it's bad for interest, because it can confuse newcomers (and children who are a big target), but that's just my immediate thoughts and would be willing to at least listen to arguments sometime.

Probably so but it's still bad thinking. That Ziggler/Ambrose promo talking about how Ziggler has never gotten the ball and scored is still one of the worst things I've heard in years.

I still forget to watch Smackdown. Is it because it's extremely true? :lmao: DZ's been given chance after chance and it's never worked.

WWE should develop a K/D function to count the greatness of a title reign.

Greatness (G), G=TD/D. Title Defenses (TD), Days as champion (D).

Wrestler A has 4 title defenses and 80 days as champion, while wrestler B has 40 title defenses and 60 days as champion. Wrestler A (G)=0,05. Wrestler B (G)=0,66.

The closest G is to 1, the greater the reign. If G=1 or over, then we have a perfect reign.

WWE should develop a K/D function to count the greatness of a title reign.

Greatness (G), G=TD/D. Title Defenses (TD), Days as champion (D).

Wrestler A has 4 title defenses and 80 days as champion, while wrestler B has 40 title defenses and 60 days as champion. Wrestler A (G)=0,05. Wrestler B (G)=0,66.

The closest G is to 1, the greater the reign. If G=1 or over, then we have a perfect reign.

I know you're just spitballing, so I'm not going to go into how many things don't work with that, but it doesn't.

I like your enthusiasm though.

It's hit and miss for me. I think in general it's bad for interest, because it can confuse newcomers (and children who are a big target), but that's just my immediate thoughts and would be willing to at least listen to arguments sometime.

Just take for example the segment with Rollins and Owens. One is supposedly transitioning to babyface, but he still seems as cowardly and snivelling as ever, and the second guy seems much the same. Who do I root for in all of this, considering the third guy in all of this gets mercilessly booed even though he is the one being the hero type?

With that said: Cheer Clear Heel, Boo Clear Faces. How does that in a widespread manner like today's WWE affect attracting casual fans?
Actually, Dean F'n Ambrose was booed at Backlash last night and quite audibly at that.

You know what would really help the Shield guys in their singles pursuits? They should have extended feuds with guys who weren't in the Shield. Getting away from that has helped Ambrose immensely.

And it'll make the inevitable Shield reunion down the road much, much sweeter.

Just take for example the segment with Rollins and Owens. One is supposedly transitioning to babyface, but he still seems as cowardly and snivelling as ever, and the second guy seems much the same. Who do I root for in all of this, considering the third guy in all of this gets mercilessly booed even though he is the one being the hero type?

With that said: Cheer Clear Heel, Boo Clear Faces. How does that in a widespread manner like today's WWE affect attracting casual fans?
Actually, Dean F'n Ambrose was booed at Backlash last night and quite audibly at that.

I wouldn't base everything off of live crowd reactions. Especially those in bigger cities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back