• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Raw Champions Discussion Thread

WWE Champion: Randy Orton - I thought him winning the title from Triple H was a good way to start. His feuds with Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho were okay, but his cheap tactics made him look kind of weak. His feud with Jeff Hardy brought back a little bit of legitimacy to his title reign, but it all seemed kind of lackluster. But after retaining at Wrestlemania, in a match everyone thought he was going to lose, has really brought legitimacy to his title reign. I'm hoping he keeps it for a long time to come, as it's been almost 3 years since a long heel reign.

Intercontinental Champion: Chris Jericho - So far Jericho's reign as Intercontinental Champion hasn't been that great. Granted he hasn't held the title that long. It just seems that WWE is kind of fading the Intercontinental Title out. Jeff Hardy barely defended it, and the only reason Jericho took it off of him was because of his suspension. I think if they give Jericho some quality feuds with the belt, it could bring it back up to it's former glory. Unfortunately I don't see it happening anytime soon.

WWE Women's Champion: Beth Phoenix - While the Women's Title is barely defended anymore, I can't think of a more legitimate champion than Beth Phoenix. After Moolah passed away, they gave Phoenix the Title, and I feel that they're trying to recreate a streak similar to Moolah's. Beth Phoenix as the long running Champion on top of the Women's Division. I see her holding the Title for a long time to come.

World Tag Team Champions: Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes - While these two make a pretty decent pairing, I don't think they should be the Tag Champs. With London & Kendrick building momentum as of late, and Cryme Tyme returning, I think the Tag Division on Raw could be brought up to be something at least decent. I would like to see Holly & Rhodes drop the belts to Santino & Carlito, and then have them drop it to London & Kendrick. Either that or put the belts on Cryme Tyme and trade London & Kendrick to SmackDown! for Deuce & Domino.

WWE Women's Champion: Mickie James - Well I feel like a dumbass now. I predicted that Beth Phoenix would have an even longer Title Reign, and then she loses it the next night. I'm honestly kind of shocked that Mickie finally won, as it seemed they were saving Phoenix for Candice Michelle's return. I guess they decided to go in a different direction. Anyway, congratulations to Mickie James. Hopefully (I doubt it) Mickie can bring a little bit of life into the Women's Division.

Women's Champion: Mickie James

It's a safe choice. Mickie is a face, and she's super over. Which is two things Beth Phoenix wasn't. While she's probably one of the better women's wrestlers, the fans just don't give a shit about her. It's a shame. But that's how it is in WWE. Mickie is super over, and she's appeared in Teenage Handjobs #1 so she's the better option as champ.

WWE Womens Championship - Mickie James

I think this is fantastic move by the WWE. It sets up a nice re-match at Backlash between Beth and Mickie for the short term.

Then, on the RAW after or something, prehaps have Mickie & Maria vs Jillian & Melina. Have Mickie & Maria win, because Jillian turns on Melina. Then prehaps on the next RAW, Melina talks to Maria backstage about the Womens Championship, obviously Melina decieving Maria into doing her dirty work. Could set up a fatal four way or something.

What do you guys think?

I think a fatal fourway for the women's championship is a terrible idea in the WWE. TNA has the talent to do it, so the story works, just for the wrong company. Just put the belt on Candace again for awhile, let her and Melina build up to a feud and go from there. Take Beth Phoenix and rebrand her somehow then get her back into the picture.

Women's Champion: Mickie James: I said it in my Raw review, and I'll reexclaim everything again.

People can throw fits and be upset over Mickie James winning her fourth Women's Championship, while divas/wrestlers such as Jillian Hall haven't even won her first. However in the logical outlook of everything.. where's the sense of placing the Championship on another heel right now?

When you look at the face to heel ratio, whos truly gonna challenge the heels? Maria? Ashley? Kelly Kelly? No.. Mickie James, Michelle McCool & maybe pushing it, Cherry. Those are your top faces right now. (Cherry seems to have turned) Candice Michelle is the odds on favorite to regain the Championship upon her return, IF she can stay healthy long enough. Until then, Mickie James is the best logical choice for 2 reasons.

1. She's Over! (As Jake pointed out) The fans cheer Mickie James. They love her for other reasons that seeing her crotch and breasts in a magazine. (although you can see them in full on the internet, if you truly want - besides the point though)

Mickie is solidly over as a talented WRESTLING diva.. not a posing diva.

2. Face to Heel Ratio: As I said, you have roughly two talented face divas. Whereas on the heel side of things, you have Beth Phoenix, Melina, Jillian Hall, Victoria & now Natalia. Thats 5 top quality wrestling divas that can have great matches with Mickie James.

Do you realize those 5 divas could match-up with Mickie and carry the Women's division into next year's Wrestlemania?! Look at the flip side.. put the title on Melina, put it on Jillian.. where will she go? Backlash against Ashley, Judgment Day against Maria, One Night Stand against Mickie James, Great American Bash against McCool.. Summerslam against all of them. Then thats it. No more, you have to repeat. Its not worth it.

Mickie, better or worse, is the best and most logical choice for Women's Champion right now.

Womens Championship: MICKIE JAMES

Alright so Beth Pheonix has been dethroned at least for now by none other than Mickie James. Mickie is now a four time champ and frankly I am excited to see this right now. It's obvious that Beth will probably be the number one contender for now. This also opens the door to Jillian Hall and Melina as well to get back into the title picture. Im just going to hope that Maria and Ashley are not always seen tagging along with Mickie now. Mickie has enough talent as well as ability that she can take on Beth without any help. WWE has to be careful though. If WWE wants to keep Beth's Glamazon gimmick going they'll need to make her look strong when she looses. Rollups and other sources of pins are what WWE should use. Otherwise the Glamazon will become like the Samoan Bulldozer... Being incredibly strong... but loose to nearly anyone.

John Cena - I absolute hate this man, im sick of him always beating great superstars for the belt, i hate how the crowd goes crazy for him everytime his music hits, and im sick of his rapper wannabe attitude. I'm glad he isnt champ right now, and i hope he doesnt win the title back at Backlash, which i doubt will happen, b/c like someone else said he will be shooting the movie "12 rounds" or something like that for awhile, real soon... and he is supposed to miss a lot of events.
Who should be champ or will be very soon - Randy Orton(which is as of now), Triple H, HBK

Umaga - i like the guys ability for a big man and he plays his character very well, but i dont think he is championship material, at least not IC champion. as for Jericho the current IC champ, i think this is a good spot for him, but only if the actually bring the importance of the IC title back. You know what i mean, start defending it more often, hype the belt importance to the company, and make the competition for the belt intensify. If they dont do this and they keep it how it is and has been for awhile, like when Jeff Hardy had it and didnt defend it not once this time around at a PPV and hardly ever defended it on RAW/Smackdown, instead they had him competing for the WWE title, then this isnt the spot for Jericho. I'll tell you why, Jericho is a headliner, he is WWE Champ material, so if they dont make the IC title more important than it has been recently then have some other chump get it and put Jericho in the race for WWE champ or World champ.
Who should be champ or will be very soon(if anyone in this case) - Jeff Hardy, MVP(if he loses the US title), Rey Mysterio, Kane(if he loses ECW title anytime soon)

Cody Rhodes & Hardcore Holly - there really isnt much to say here. WWE's tag team division is a past time. It absolutely is embarrasing and despicable. I give credit to Hardcore Holly he is a decent performer and Cody Rhodes... well he's a rookie with some talent so he might end up being a decent performer, but i mean there is really no tag teams out there right now in the WWE. Some how, some way this needs to be built back as i mentioned in another thread.
Who should be champ or will be very soon - like i said there just isnt any talent out there.

Micky James - She is a great performer, but i dont think she is a good champion.(did anyone know about her kinky pics in hustler?)
Who should be champ or will be very soon - Beth Phoenix(whom should have never lost it in the first place, she will retain very soon tho), Melina(very talented womens competitor), Victoria

WWE Champion: Triple H - I'm kind of disappointed to see Randy Orton's reign as Champion end, but it keeps the streak of Triple H being the only man to beat Orton in a World Title situation. I'm hoping that Triple H's reign finally brings an end to the Spinner Belt. Also, Triple H hasn't had a credible Title Reign in 3 years, so it's good to see something new. I hope Triple H keeps it for a few months, before dropping it to Orton, or maybe Jericho. Only time will tell.

WWE Champion: Triple H - Sigh... the Age of Orton has ended, and it ended a bit to soon in my opinion. Aww well, HHH had to have his 12th hold sooner or later. Randy Orton has called for his title clause, but not matter how I feel... he most likely will lose tonight in the rematch. Look forward to Orton at a number of HHH's PPVs with the occasional Cena re-entry. RAW lacks other main-event heels (no, JBL is not one) and I'd really love to see Mr. Kennedy receive a push to Heavyweight main-eventer. Doubt that will happen now though, seeing as he just started a feud with Regal (something we all saw coming).

EDIT
And he is STILL champion "thanks" to Regal... sigh, those writers are assholes. Sure it was unexpected, but DAMN. Right when Orton would have turned it around with a very predicted, out-of-nowhere RKO... Regal, you are an A-class heel indeed.

Yes I would have loved for Orton to retain but When I saw Teh strap on Triple damn it felt good , it felt like its been Decades since he won it.

Happy that Trips won it , Im expecting a couple of exchanges with orton for the title or a short run 3-5 months only then to lose it to a up-coming star.

I disagree, I don't think HHH should have won. Maybe it has been a while since Cena held it for so long, but even so, I don't think it's been long enough. The whole thing has kind of a "been there, done that" feeling to it. It doesn't pave the way for any exciting future title defenses...after all, is there a legitimate contender that HHH hasn't already feuded with, ad nauseum? It's just hard to get too excited or interested about what is likely to be a long title run for him.

Of course, if Cena had won, it would have been the same thing. I really think that they needed to let Orton retain and let him feud with someone new for a while, maybe someone from smackdown. Or even have let JBL win, just to get some new interesting title feuds going.

But I'll say it again, HHH as the champ? Predictable, boring, and unnecessary for him or the company right now.

Is it just me..... or ever since Wrestlemania 24, Raw has just gone from bad to worse. For the first time since 2003, I'am enjoying Smackdown more than Raw.

I mean, I love HHH and HBK, Y2J but when is the last time HBK or Y2J even performed on Raw?
HHH is a great Champion but, at Backlash Orton should of retain the title. -I mean who hasn't HHH compete against or beatin on Raw?-

I personally might be switching brands. I think that the Edge/Undertaker feud is more exciting then the "burt out" Orton/Triple H feud.

OH yeah, I think Either Shawn Michaels, Chris Jerico or Jeff hardy should be champ before the summer is over. Or Randy Orton

HHH- I'm actually glad that he took the title. Orton's title reign to me had gone as perfecly as it could have. He had beaten everyone that he could've beaten, and lost to the biggest star on the roster. HHH hasn't had a real run in three years, so it is his time. I could see a decent run here, about the same as Orton's. My question is who takes it off of him once he becomes the heel he is begging to become? My best guesses would be Hardy, Kennedy or on a very long shot Punk. Glad the game is the champion, he's waited long enough, and the title change went as well as one has in a long time.

HHH is ok as a wrestler when holding the title. It's everything around him that isn't.

I can see this reign being a complete ratings disaster. If WWE really thinks HHH vs Regal, HHH vs JBL, and HHH vs any other buddy of his will draw. They are bigger morons than I thought.

Completely scrapping Cena out of the scene down to the upper mid-card is a complete catastrophe when it comes to ratings, and keeping things fresh. Cena chasing the title = Golden.

As for who will take the title off of him, who knows? It really depends on just how big his ego is going to get over the course of the reign. If it's large. We'll be waiting until WrestleMania 25.

I do know, and have already figured out 6 days into this reign (and you morons that haven't, all soon will). It's time to build those new stars.
xyxthumbs.gif

Triple H as champion sucks really. Its just too boring. I know it has been a long time since he won the title, but it still feels like its the same old same old situation. I think that monster reign where he was champion or challenging for like 2 years straight killed his champion credetials.

Orton should still be champion IMO. He still had a fued with JBL left in him, then he could have dropped it to him.

Either way, hopefully HHH will only stay champion for 2 - 4 months, allthough knowing his ego, this reign will last a LONG time.

Hopefully Kennedy will win the title, allthough id love to see Y2J with that title. I think he has really come into his own as of late, and its a good time to turn HHH heel.

I know HHH's title reign was 'due' but Orton should have retained at Backlash and then lost it at the next PPV against HHH. that would have been more interesting and it really would have been the Age of Orton, but IMO it ended too soon. i know Orton is slightly overrated, but it would have done him good.

who does HHH feud with next? feuding with Regal is too soon. theres no way CM Punk is gona cash in his MITB anytime soon, especially on Raw against HHH.
if HHH does turn heel, id like to see Y2J take the title but we all know thats not gona happen. i guess Kennedy's face turn might set up a feud between them in the future, or Hardy may come back into the title picture, but Cena back in the title hunt is basically 'been there, done that'.

just a thought.

HHH was well due for a title run as he hasn't held it illegitimately for over 3 years. The problem with him is that he needs to turn heel. He has always been much more successful and over as a heel than a face.
The only likely ones I could see him feuding with right after Orton would be JBL or Cena. Y2J is with Michaels/Batista for now, but hopefully he gets back in the title hunt soon. I think Kennedy might finally be set for that push to the top as well, and I think he will be wayyyyyy over as a face. As for Punk, he will NOT cash in his shot on the Raw champion. He just isn't ready. I'd say they develop him a little and early next year he goes after the WHC. The only other option is if Hardy comes back and really proves that he has changed..if that happens I could see maybe him winning the briefcase from Punk and then getting back into the title picture (though that is probably just wishful thinking).

As for the whole view of building up CM Punk, I whole-heartedly agree. If they weren't looking to build him up, he never would have been put in a match with the former champion, Randy Orton. Personally, I am glad the Age of Orton ending as early as it did. HHH presents himself as the better WWE Champion and the title seems more natural around his waist. The only person I see possibly going for the title would be Kennedy after the Tag Team match with HHH last week. If Orton wins the title back, I will be very disappointed.

I don't see how CM Punk could be considered for Main Event status at this time. People in this forum are saying that he'll cash in for the WWE Title. If so, I honestly believe he wouldn't win. As for Triple H as champion, I get the feeling that he is a transitional champ. They need a guy to be there between the Age of Orton and the next long reign, and Triple H has the prestige to hold the belt in the meantime. I'm guessing it'll be Regal or Kennedy to hold it next.

Roy Hahn, I do believe that you are disillusioned as to the extent of HHH's role in the WWE. You see him as much less than he is. I do agree that Kennedy may be the WWE champion, but as for HHH being transitional; he is a 12 time WWE champion and that shows how non-transitional he really is. You are out of your mind if you think that Regal could ever beat HHH in a match and if he does, I believe it to b e sheer poppycock.

joeshmooz, I'm not asserting that HHH's role in the company is merely a champ when they need him. I just don't see him as being in line for a long reign at this time, with so many rising stars in Raw. He has had his place in the sun. His current title reign makes it clear that he won't sink into obscurity, but it seems that with the Regal/Kennedy push, he'll be stepping aside as champ fairly soon.

Triple H is above the title. I understand and agree with you, RoyHahn. He doesn't need the belt to be "The Game", any more than Shawn Michaels needs the belt to be over with the fans. Trips is far past that point in his career where whether holding the belt or not makes the slightest difference in his legacy. I see this title run as short as well, possibly done by Summerslam already...Not because Trips isn't a great champion, not because he doesn't draw viewers, but because he doesn't need the belt to be who he is. Triple H legitimately could be the champion for years at a time. He has been at the top of the ladder for years, even before Stephanie. Like the Undertaker, he doesn't need the belt. As such, a short title reign as a transitional champion is NOT an insult, its not reflective of their lack of faith in him. Trips has nothing to prove to anyone. If they strip him of the belt and give it to Kennedy, or Umaga, or Cena, or Jeff Hardy, or whoever, Trips is fine.

I completely agree with you Davi. HHH is a legitimate legend at this point in his career and he doesn't need to be the champ to continue to draw. If WWE doesn't realize that from a fan stand point then maybe they should look at business. HHH can draw off of being HHH. Him having the title is not going to increase viewers or raise sales at all. So, why not give the belt to someone else who could possibly help draw more viewers. I thought Orton was a great heel champ and if he wasn't injured, there wouldn't be anyone else on Raw better at this point.

I do agree that HHH as champion is very, very stale right now. Well, that can be said about the entire RAW title picture I think. Most of the time when I see the belt on HHH I think "Oh yeah, I forgot he's champion". It's not even important enough to remember who's champion anymore like it used to be. But, with a probable HHH heel turn coming in the near future, I think it could get more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back