• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] Hulk Hogan Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone so excited about this? Aren't you the same people saying they need to elevate new talent? Hm.. Nash, Hogan, Russo, and Bischoff all in the same company? Something seems a little fishy. Hogan's just gonna make all the young, better talent job to him and have everyone else by the balls. I'm still kinda meh on this.

Let's see I am 26 and I am old enough to have seen Hogan in the 80's and I am not close to mid-late 30s. Hogan from 1990-1993 is way different than he'll be in 2009. I'd relive the former 100 million times before I'd chose the latter

You know I really don't have much to say on Hogan signing with TNA except all this reminds me of 1992-1993 when Hogan signed with WCW. The only good that could come from this again is Bischoff. If you all remember Bischoff was the person that turned WCW around and made them a competitor. I hope and pray he has some sort of input on the business side of TNA and the Creative as well because if TNA can get to a level to compete with WWE then its just gonna make wrestling better for everybody. Since 2000 Wrestling has been in a slump hopefully this signing is a home run.

Why is everyone so excited about this? Aren't you the same people saying they need to elevate new talent? Hm.. Nash, Hogan, Russo, and Bischoff all in the same company? Something seems a little fishy. Hogan's just gonna make all the young, better talent job to him and have everyone else by the balls. I'm still kinda meh on this.

Ummm hello! Thank you!!! Why is this so exciting. This has already been done. TNA just ruined themselves with this. You think people like me who have been watching TNA since it started want to see this crap?

How is this anythign but a waste of time!? Really!? Hogan!?! Seriously!? WTF is going on here. TNA used to pride themselves on being the future of wrestling. Now all they are is a wannabe version on WCW.

Guess I should eb expecting a Rise and Fall of TNA DVD in the future.

Seriously!? Hogan!? WTF is going on around here?

lol difference is TNA hasn't risen... and like you I'm sure it won't.

People keep comparing TNA to the old WCW but the truth is that its worse. It's constantly signing the same dinsours that bought down WCW except this time they are even older.

I can see Hogan and Bischoff doing a part ownership thing. They did want to do their own company at one point didn't they? I really could not see Hogan wrestling on a consistent basis at his age and with all the surgeries he has had. Maybe a few matches here and there, but nothing more than that IMO. But it seems like a very good move here. Hogan will no doubt bring in ratings. It is Hulk freaking Hogan. Bischoff is also a very sound mind and I expect TNA to go in an even better direction with him at the helm. I hope it goes well for TNA.

Why the hell is everyone talking about Bischoff and Hogan like they've just bought a majority stock in TNA? They were signed to contracts, they're employees, they aren't going to have any control over who Hogan wins or loses to. I hope Bischoff gets brought into the behind-the-scenes work, but for right now this is still Dixie's company, not Hogan's, and not Bischoff's.

Admin Note:

DO NOT SPAM IN THIS THREAD! THIS IS STILL A NON-SPAM SECTION. THIS IS MAJOR NEWS, BUT YOU MUST STILL FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES. THANK YOU.

I think this week's episode has already been taped. So most likely they will just run a video package with highlights of the press conference.

I agree. And they may have a sit down interview with Dixie Carter and him planned.

Can't help but be amused. 455 in the TNA section and 177 people in the WWE section at the moment.

Obviously, there is a ton of interest in this.

I also have a feeling that Russo will agree to stay. After all, he doesn't really have anything else going on at the moment. He probably agreed to work with Hogan to keep his job.

Why the hell is everyone talking about Bischoff and Hogan like they've just bought a majority stock in TNA? They were signed to contracts, they're employees, they aren't going to have any control over who Hogan wins or loses to. I hope Bischoff gets brought into the behind-the-scenes work, but for right now this is still Dixie's company, not Hogan's, and not Bischoff's.

Pretty sure I suggested that. I wouldn't be shocked if Hogan and Bischoff bought a small peice of TNA wrestling and are set to become a major part of the backstage management as well as everything else. Why else would Hogan refuse the final Wrestlemania payoff to wrestle for the #2 promotion?

this is sure to draw tons and tons of viewers. I mean i for one hate tna, but i want to watch to see whats going to happen with hulkamania

You know I really don't have much to say on Hogan signing with TNA except all this reminds me of 1992-1993 when Hogan signed with WCW. The only good that could come from this again is Bischoff. If you all remember Bischoff was the person that turned WCW around and made them a competitor. I hope and pray he has some sort of input on the business side of TNA and the Creative as well because if TNA can get to a level to compete with WWE then its just gonna make wrestling better for everybody. Since 2000 Wrestling has been in a slump hopefully this signing is a home run.

How can this possibly remind you of Hogan signing with WCW? It is not even close to being the same. WCW were already a much bigger company than TNA is now and Hogan (though still old) was 15 years younger and had his own hip.

AMEN. Bischoff is the bigger signing.
And I agree that if TNA can compete with WWE it will make wrestling better and I also agree that wrestling has been in a slump since I would say 2001 after the Austin Triple H fued.

I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm drunk.

But, what the fuck? This is the single best thing to ever happened to TNA. Eric Bischoff is probably the biggest booker they could every sign and Hulk freakin' Hogan he is the man that revolutionized wrestling forever.

Way to go, TNA.

is the MEM officially broke up? Hogan and Bischoff could join them and be the nWo all over again.. actually i'm just kidding, god i hope nothing like that actually happens :)

i don't really care about Hogan much, but Bischoff might be able to bring somehting to the table.. it'd be nice to finally see some real competition against WWE, if Bischoff is gonna help in that way

Its do or die for TNA. They have all the tools. Will they use them right?

Hogan needs to be just an on-camera personality, he shouldn't get involved in the ring. Otherwise its WCW all over again.

Eric, at least judging by his time in WWE, already knows he has to let the new blood rise. Lets hope he does.

All in all its up to Dixie Carter. If she made the correct decisions when negotiating contracts with Hogan and Bishoff. Good Thing the Main Event Mafia angle is over.

Poor Jarrett, he must be a wreck back home.

Expect TNA to get bigger ratings based on Hulk's name value alone.

In fact, I would argue that he has bigger name value than any wrestler that the WWE has under contract right now.

There are three huge names in the last three decades of wrestling: Hulk, Rock, Austin.

I can only hope that this leads to a live Impact! and eventually to Bischoff finally getting the chance to run his own wrestline company without corporation interference.

Wrestling might finally be moving back towards another boom period.

Pretty sure I suggested that. I wouldn't be shocked if Hogan and Bischoff bought a small peice of TNA wrestling and are set to become a major part of the backstage management as well as everything else. Why else would Hogan refuse the final Wrestlemania payoff to wrestle for the #2 promotion?

I really do not see that happening IC, for a number of reasons, the first of which is that both Hogan and Bischoff are in money trouble, especially Hogan who is basically just flat-out broke at this point. There's no chance in hell they'd be able to buy their way into the company, this to me just seems like it's strictly an on-screen deal with Hogan. Why the hell would they let Hogan onto the creative team? That has terrible idea written all over it.

Eric Bischoff on the other hand I would love to see brought into the backstage fold.

I'm still on the fence.

On the one hand, this is an amazing acquisition for TNA, and since I'm a massive TNA fan whatever is good for the company is good for me.
On the other hand, we surely have to accept by now that Hogan is motivated chiefly by self interest. I don't think for a moment that he's going to come in and help to elevate talent. Rather, I think he'll come in on a short term deal, take what he needs from TNA which is money and publicity (for his book and the Australian tour if that's still happening), and then leave for greener pastures. Hogan is a massive signing, but I simply cannot see how he makes my Thursday nights any more enjoyable.

Hogan is comfortable enough that he wont have signed unless TNA are giving him exactly what he wants, and what's good for Hulk Hogan probably isn't good for me.

So a couple of questions arise from this "Huge Signing"

1: What about hogans tour, was it not selling? if so What happens to everyone that signed on now?

2:Will Hogan do much of anything besides coming to the ring and putting over aj styles, or "passing the torch" to him verbally

3:when will people learn eric bischoff did not turn wcw around, it was a multitude of factors, not just bischoff, do some actual research

if it worls out for them kudos, if not, they had it coming

I think IC said he may have brought up the suggestion. I didn't say that they did buy a majority, or even that they bought it. I said that they could do a part ownership thing, which could be interpreted in the way you thought, that they actually bought some, or that they could do an angle like that. I mean seriously, if people think that Hogan and Bischoff have actually bought part of TNA, people would freak. If done it could be a good angle. But for right now, the fact that they are with TNA, and however they are used is huge.

I really don't think this is the gamechanger some of you think it's going to be. It's not going to draw 3.0+ ratings points to TNA. It's not like Hogan Knows Best and Celebrity Wrestling drew anything even close to the ratings TNA gets. TNA is getting a little bit of buzz over it for now, but it won't last. This isn't going to result in long term changes, and sooner or later when it fails, Hogan will blame someone else and quit over it.

It's not like Vince Russo is getting removed from power, and he still has major issues, I assume, with Hogan and Bischoff. I think if anything, it's going to lead to bigger problems with TNA, with there being a power struggle, and some guys having their pushes prematurely stopped.

I always felt like TNA was really just like WCW. Now it is.

I will be extremely surprised if Hogan can do anything for the company; with his highly-publicized divorce, poor public image, and age, I wouldn't expect him to be as big of a draw as TNA is probably hoping he will be. Eric Bischoff, however, that's huge news. If anyone can formulate a plan to give WWE a run for their money, it's him.

I really do not see that happening IC, for a number of reasons, the first of which is that both Hogan and Bischoff are in money trouble, especially Hogan who is basically just flat-out broke at this point. There's no chance in hell they'd be able to buy their way into the company, this to me just seems like it's strictly an on-screen deal with Hogan. Why the hell would they let Hogan onto the creative team? That has terrible idea written all over it.

Eric Bischoff on the other hand I would love to see brought into the backstage fold.

Execs get paid in stock options and equity shares all the time in large corporations. That'd make sense, no? There's a great chance Hogan and Bischoff will make TNA some money, so if Carter signed them with the proviso that they receive percentages of the company as compensation, they don't bleed out cash revenue.

Just a thought...

Hogan is just another source of star power that TNA needs. And the addition of Bischoff is going to make for great television.

TNA has already had their share of using former WCW and WWE storylines in order to further and create their own. Now they can utilize storylines from the nWo era and gain the attention of outsiders to the TNA product.

Hogan and Bischoff are also kings of marketing themselves so their advertising will definitely put TNA on the map with more viewers. Case in point, Hogan is already going on Larry King Live and I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back